World of 3A Legion Outpost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tomorrow Kings General discussion

+102
MarkyMac
ennui
Reks36
Solmin
expathos
regalia
<{OjO}>
rhb
ChiliKeys
Churro
RestlessEye
TK Price
SS01
elMacuaMan
Dar Wolfram
LV-426
Firehazzard
Hogarth
zendeluxe
Vaxillus
IronRinn
dr37
boofjack
konfucious
UsedUniverse
d3nnis
bribe
Joshimus
jsalsa23
noveltycross
chatchawan1985
Teimaru
Plastic Robo
Danz
666ways2love
samTK
BRiZL
Noir
Beeswax
geisT
PLAT
DannyB
SpiderPig
dbpom
Beaumont
Artoo
SzuTsung
Chanimation
abex44
straytoaster
Cthulhu
manonegro
YING
Grish
Mafu.
nixon_3AA
IronChap
shinjikun1
illproxy
fluppeco
LordPiper
gar
wutasi
Oneluckyboy
PiggyV01
ESeffinga
gimbat
gundamben831
Deus Machina
BlackBellamy
bubblegumking
BPP
Matsui808
Sideglide
gregory
Chivo
Albino
ozz
counterfeit
dtrain
Wooly
J&J
papamadoo
Crem
Kedao
Argentix
Matrix
thumbtack82
chiowhon
Nothing
koonfasa
3a_boltman
Crazypanda
Beeratt
Skipper11x
aconners1
Takezo
fahdtk
Sixer
GrandpaStern
Bassnoir
pezbanana
106 posters

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Go down

Tomorrow Kings General discussion - Page 26 Empty Re: Tomorrow Kings General discussion

Post by papamadoo Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:22 am

I will wait a little bit as well. i settled first my eyes on Furu and saigo.

And now I am only looking for furu, I liked the boots of saigo, not so much the arm finish tho .

and curiously the fact that I didnt have any bone, don't let me cold on saigo Sad

papamadoo
papamadoo
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Tomorrow Kings General discussion - Page 26 Empty Re: Tomorrow Kings General discussion

Post by Chivo Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:20 am

I don't see how the non articulated hand is a step backward.  Threea has never done a 1/6 scale non articulated robot hand as far as I can remember and you can also get better sculpts that can mimick the paintings compared to an articulated hand.  And like others have mentioned, it's probably for better functionality.  Perhaps what they should have done was include an articulated hand as well as the sculpted ones and maybe that would have satisfied everyone except when the price would have increased and folks would then complain about that. Evil or Very Mad
Chivo
Chivo
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by SpiderPig Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:41 am

How long will the sale of Master5?

Is normal 24h sale or more days ?
SpiderPig
SpiderPig
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by papamadoo Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:42 am

Just bought Furue, seem like the perfect choice, seeing the lack of DM Wink.

its ridiculous but the scarf was the deal for me haha.

also, the bot hand. the With make is more silicone synthetic for me I like the feel of it.
papamadoo
papamadoo
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by dr37 Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:55 am

Hogarth wrote:Was very surprised to see these in the store so early.  Think I'll wait a couple more hours yet to see if a surprise pops up before pulling the trigger.  Has anybody been F5ing?

Still kinda new to World of 3A - what does F5 mean?
dr37
dr37
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by gimbat Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:02 am

dr37 wrote:
Hogarth wrote:Was very surprised to see these in the store so early.  Think I'll wait a couple more hours yet to see if a surprise pops up before pulling the trigger.  Has anybody been F5ing?

Still kinda new to World of 3A - what does F5 mean?

When you refresh Bamba, hoping to score secret drop – which appear in batches at random time.

So we had F5 Bar and Grill section at official Legion discussion board (and at this one), with new thread dedicated to each sale, place where people could hang, talk about release, 3A, life, sharing fan-art and etc. Usually I opened the bar 24 hours prior to the sale and close it approximately 12-24 hours after figures would leave Bamba.
gimbat
gimbat
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RestlessEye Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:05 am

F5 as in the "f5" key on your keyboard.  It's used to refresh a webpage.  In years past we would all "F5" until the figure finally dropped on Bamba.  Or we'd F5 Bamba to try and score a secret drop - for hours and hours lol.  Thus started the "F5 bar and grill" thread - a virtual bar we'd all visit to socialize during drop nights.
RestlessEye
RestlessEye
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by dr37 Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:08 am

Gotcha... right on.
dr37
dr37
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by Beeswax Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:19 am

Any word on the sale length? 24 hours? Not even sure when that would be since this started later. Hope it's a longer sale. The figures look great!
Beeswax
Beeswax
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by gregory Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:23 am

Ash says it'll be up for 24hours. He's still deciding how long he'll keep it up for after that

Admin

https://www.instagram.com/gregoryprout/

Back to top Go down

Post by RestlessEye Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:23 am

Just picked up Saigo5 and the Interloper.  I remember when the interlopers were the secret drop.  It's much easier this way haha.  TKs and NYCC tix all on the same day - ugh my wallet!
RestlessEye
RestlessEye
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by Chivo Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:29 am

I think if there were to be a secret drop, it would probably be a bot head. cyclops
Chivo
Chivo
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by Beeswax Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:54 am

Thanks Gregory!
Beeswax
Beeswax
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by Nothing Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:14 am

We got three offerings this time around. No reason for a secret drop. Unless someone was looking forward to the all-black Master5 variant lol.
Nothing
Nothing
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by 3a_boltman Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:41 am

Landed 7bones this morning. Debating on the other 2. They both look great but the price all togeather is almost that of a TK Hunter. When does that 2nd payment on Hunter kick in again?
3a_boltman
3a_boltman
Oyabun

http://oltmandesign@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cthulhu Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:50 am

1 or 2 months prior to release
Cthulhu
Cthulhu
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by Hogarth Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:08 am

Well, that's that.  I figured if there was going to be a surprise drop, it would have made at least one appearance by now, so went ahead and ordered Saigo 5.
Hogarth
Hogarth
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by Chivo Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:33 am

You never know. There have been secret drops in the past that have dropped later. It is only around 10:30 HK time.
Chivo
Chivo
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by papamadoo Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:57 am

Chivo wrote:You never know.  There have been secret drops in the past that have dropped later.  It is only around 10:30 HK time.

well it would be a 24h + secret drop late :p
papamadoo
papamadoo
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by Firehazzard Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:14 pm

SAIGO 5 has been secured, and FURUE is on my 'I might still get this one' list
Firehazzard
Firehazzard
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by Plastic Robo Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:45 pm

Firehazzard wrote:SAIGO 5 has been secured, and FURUE is on my 'I might still get this one' list

Same here. Saigo 5 purchased and now thinking the Interloper would also look great with the other Lopers I have.
Plastic Robo
Plastic Robo
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by ChiliKeys Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:07 pm

Hey guys, first post here. I started collecting 1/6 figures earlier this year, exclusively Hot Toys, but more recently discovered some of 3A's stuff and love the designs and relatively cheaper price. I'm looking to get into collecting 3A and thought picking up one of these three would be a decent start. A few questions, if any of you guys have the time:

- I understand Saigo 5 is part of the 7 Bones line. As awesome as that line looks, it's probably impossible to acquire the full set now without paying crazy prices. I'm a bit of a completionist though, so only having one would bug me. I think I read something about Master 5 being the "first" of the Masters (I think 12-13 were mentioned). Maybe it's wishful thinking, but does this mean that Master 5 is the first in a new line like 7 Bones (and therefore a better place for me to start)? Or are any of the other lines (Adventure Kartel, etc) with a similar aesthetic a better place to start collecting?

- Can the Popbot comic be read digitally anywhere? If not, can anyone direct me to anywhere where I can purchase the comics and/or somewhere that explains the reading order?

Thanks!

ChiliKeys
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by counterfeit Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:20 pm

ChiliKeys wrote:- I understand Saigo 5 is part of the 7 Bones line. As awesome as that line looks, it's probably impossible to acquire the full set now without paying crazy prices. I'm a bit of a completionist though, so only having one would bug me. I think I read something about Master 5 being the "first" of the Masters (I think 12-13 were mentioned). Maybe it's wishful thinking, but does this mean that Master 5 is the first in a new line like 7 Bones (and therefore a better place for me to start)? Or are any of the other lines (Adventure Kartel, etc) with a similar aesthetic a better place to start collecting?
it's not impossible to acquire fullset without breaking the bank, it's just do you have patience?

there's no official "line" about master 5, eventho' there's another masters, but I doubt they're all will be released... it's Ash typical to release something and not to complete it...

to start collecting, I think it's up to you that what your interest? if you interested in samurai-typical/ninja-typical human vs robots, you can go Popbot, if you interested in casual human vs zombie/undead, you can go Adv Kartel, andddd.... if you interested in world war, robot, soldier, then WWR is you place.

ChiliKeys wrote:- Can the Popbot comic be read digitally anywhere? If not, can anyone direct me to anywhere where I can purchase the comics and/or somewhere that explains the reading order?

Thanks!
digitally, I don't think so, maybe you can try amazon.

you can read short stories about several popbot character in threeawiki
counterfeit
counterfeit
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by gregory Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:24 pm

IDW recently published the Art of Tomorrow Kings book which has the majority of TK art up until recently. The books are available via comic book stores or amazon

Otherwise the main story of the TKs begin in Popbot, which is out of print, but you can find copies of the individual issues for reasonable prices around (also published by IDW)

Admin

https://www.instagram.com/gregoryprout/

Back to top Go down

Post by ChiliKeys Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:38 pm

Thanks guys, much appreciated. I might make it a mission to collect the 7Bones line if they still pop up for reasonable prices from time to time.

ChiliKeys
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next