World of 3A Legion Outpost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UV | Adventure Kartel General Discussion

+4
3a_boltman
Chivo
zendeluxe
gar
8 posters

Go down

UV | Adventure Kartel General Discussion Empty UV | Adventure Kartel General Discussion

Post by gar Mon May 11, 2020 5:38 pm

Adventure Kartel releases by Underverse

UV | Adventure Kartel General Discussion 74618210

Please discuss

Admin

Back to top Go down

UV | Adventure Kartel General Discussion Empty Re: UV | Adventure Kartel General Discussion

Post by zendeluxe Tue May 12, 2020 12:29 am

Yes please : )
zendeluxe
zendeluxe
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

UV | Adventure Kartel General Discussion Empty Re: UV | Adventure Kartel General Discussion

Post by Chivo Tue May 12, 2020 9:17 am

Yep, yep. Definitely waiting on that new JC.
Chivo
Chivo
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by 3a_boltman Sat May 16, 2020 11:53 am

Wonder if megazomb will see the light under UV?
3a_boltman
3a_boltman
Oyabun

http://oltmandesign@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by gar Sat May 16, 2020 5:35 pm

3a_boltman wrote:Wonder if megazomb will see the light under UV?
Ha yes megazomb.
As far as I understood it would have go for sale at the end of 2014 but it was postponed at the last mement because Ashley wanted articulated hands.
Especially if it had the size of a Ankou-Ex it would be fun if his osteoarthritis fingers could move.

... ha, I think I found the reason of its delay.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chivo Sun May 17, 2020 7:39 am

I hate the use of articulated hands on human figures.  They just give an aesthetic of more mechanical/robotic-ness than human.  If you know what I'm saying.  I know folks like them 'cause of the versatility and to flash the classic middle finger, but I just think sculpted hands look better and you can always sculpt multiple hands.  They also hold weapons better if done right.  Anyways..
Chivo
Chivo
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by gar Sun May 17, 2020 2:45 pm

Chivo wrote:I hate the use of articulated hands on human figures.  They just give an aesthetic of more mechanical/robotic-ness than human.  If you know what I'm saying.  I know folks like them 'cause of the versatility and to flash the classic middle finger, but I just think sculpted hands look better and you can always sculpt multiple hands.  They also hold weapons better if done right.  Anyways..

I love the articulated hands on robots. The look and nature of these robot fingers always makes it possible to find a satisfying pose although the ability to hold a weapon or tool is pretty regularly a balancing act, especially with smaller robot hands.
Not a huge fan of the result on Edo TK and Lonely Star Trooper because the lack of a real grip which results in difficulty to hold a weapon, popping off fingers and the robot like aesthetics you already mentioned.

I am not sure what the result would have been on a Ankou-Ex sized Megazomb.
The Evenfall Strigoi hands are probably more comparable to what poseable Megazomb hands could have looked like.
Cost of development might be a reason why we never saw a Megazomb release. The fact the articulated hands of Ankou-Ex were retrofitted Caesar hands is exemplary.
Said aesthetic issues might be another reason. Large sculpted hands look much better but they are lacking in versatility compared to articulated hands.
I assume neither option might have resulted in a desirable solution and the project got postponed.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gar Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:22 pm

I do hope if Underverse decides to release another Bleak Mission or some other person with a smoking habit,
they do include more than just one cigarillo / sigaret / cigar in the package. (at least 3, or so) 🚬 🚬 🚬
Today I found one back, I fear all others are lost...

UV | Adventure Kartel General Discussion Img_3510

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by thumbtack82 Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:04 am

I totally agree with you Gar. These are way too easy to lose, but I think they are a nice touch to give a figure more personality. Mine fell out of Bleak's mouth and was probably swept up and thrown out. I didn't even notice until way after it went missing. I eventually bought another on ebay (felt kind of dumb spending money on something the size of a mouse turd) just so Bleak would be complete. I made sure to keep that one in the box when it arrived. Having a few extra would be great for any future releases that smoke.
thumbtack82
thumbtack82
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by Chivo Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:58 am

I never used mine and just made one out of a toothpick so if I did loose it I could just remake it.
Chivo
Chivo
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by Skipper11x Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:52 pm

I remade one from a corner of some toilet paper, a bit of spit and rolled into shape, looks the part and easy to remake if/when it gets lost.
Wish I kept the original one but it dropped and disappeared.
Skipper11x
Skipper11x
Nom di Sciple

3AFr likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cthulhu Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:43 pm

So who is up next?
Cthulhu
Cthulhu
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by gar Wed Oct 06, 2021 4:37 am

Cthulhu wrote:So who is up next?

An all new “ Atrocity Exhibition” set would be nice.

Or one of those things what was in development but we haven’t seen:

Cock Wobbler, Laika, Mega Zomb, Big Shadow, Byron and the Hostess, Fucking Fuckers, Lady B,  Blasted Bastard or more recently that Cock Roosta, which sounds like a UK Dance Hall Cock Wobbler variant.

Damn, that Mega Zomb…

Anyway… I’ll take anything new.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cthulhu Wed Oct 06, 2021 6:24 am

At one point WWR was the bulk of my collection, now its predominantly AK. Excited for anything AK related.
Cthulhu
Cthulhu
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by MJA1MR Fri Dec 17, 2021 3:19 am

Any news on Cock Roosta, isn't he next in the AK line?
JC needs a new punching bag. Twisted Evil
MJA1MR
MJA1MR
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by zendeluxe Sat Jul 01, 2023 6:53 pm

Although I am almost never at Facebook, I follow a group called 'ThreeA & Underverse UK & Europe'.
Just recently I found a post there that mentions a poll from UV instagram where people can vote which one of two Adventure Kartel figures should come next:

1. Tommy Mission - 52%
2. Handsome Wu - 48%

Has anyone with an instagram account voted on this poll?
What do you guys here think?

I really like both of them but I would prefer an updated version of Tommy as well, I guess.
Preferable a Tracky version, since I don't have Tommy in his tracksuit and it is so iconic.

Last edited by zendeluxe on Wed Jul 05, 2023 1:08 am; edited 1 time in total
zendeluxe
zendeluxe
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Chivo Sun Jul 02, 2023 7:09 am

Most definitely a Tommy. Wu is basically just an iteration of Tommy. Tommy with some cool accessories would be nice and a different emo outfit, but that still would say he's Tommy and not some fashionista.
Chivo
Chivo
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by gar Sun Jul 02, 2023 6:20 pm

Without Tommy, Dead Astronaut has nobody to kill and Panda Merc Wu has no one to save.
Despite I would love a new Panda Merc I voted for Tommy.

Actually I want both.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chivo Tue Jul 04, 2023 6:45 am

I like Tommy myself. But what ever characters they develop, I wish they would create a different type of body more like the 3A bodies. Something that is llght in weight and thus easier to handle. For me 3A figures are much more playable if you will and thus more enjoyable.
Chivo
Chivo
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down