World of 3A Legion Outpost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3AA 2015 Discussion

+87
chiowhon
SQUID
Joshimus
BlackBellamy
koonfasa
noisebot
SpiderPig
Mouse9090
counterfeit
3a_boltman
venom666
Bassnoir
GrandpaStern
RestlessEye
dedguy
Kedao
Chanimation
ghostmouse
Crem
Chivo
Musahi13
Deus Machina
Dar Wolfram
Devours
Gloomy
Vaxillus
Crazypanda
Nothing
Matrix
Franksenstein
dragonklien
mereel
raveer
ineedmoretoys
zzzzz
Knightjar
ultimatefighter
straytoaster
Mr3AGO
theparallax
Argentix
expathos
UsedUniverse
jsalsa23
Arroneous422
Beeratt
Cthulhu
miracle bubbles
beeto bot
OCDC138
Sideglide
Noir
Oneluckyboy
turbs
YING
slowbrom
noveltycross
ennui
Wooly
IronChap
ozz
Rad Toy Review
zbrushman
geisT
wutasi
Mr. Rictus
Toolarmy
gimbat
Dolly
ESeffinga
666ways2love
gregory
Beaumont
Drip
BPP
fluppeco
Skipper11x
illproxy
mijho
Artoo
thumbtack82
Ce
pezbanana
Grish
spizzness
papamadoo
Albino
91 posters

Page 19 of 32 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 25 ... 32  Next

Go down

3AA 2015 Discussion - Page 19 Empty Re: 3AA 2015 Discussion

Post by Artoo Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:04 am

I'm kinda surprised nobody has done this yet (or at least that I've seen).
When Bertie the Pipebomb first appeared years ago, my first response (before knowing who Ashley Wood was) is that looks like a hot water heater with legs and gorilla arms. I've since bought a few and have turned to love the design, which brings me to the next evolution in robot design.
Meet Bertie the Dildo!
(just a quick mok-up, but you get where I'm going)
3AA 2015 Discussion - Page 19 IMAG5033_zpscrnogdg9
Artoo
Artoo
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by Chivo Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:22 am

Now that I've seen your mock up, I'm thinking Cat In The Hat.
3AA 2015 Discussion - Page 19 Cat_in_the_hat_letter_game
Chivo
Chivo
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:46 am

Hello my fellow 3A'ers!

I just had a couple questions to ask all of you! Please respond!

Do I need to save the gold band that is wrapped around the t-shirt?

Do I need to save the plastic bag for the membership strap thing?

I pulled some loose threads off of Commander Post Fire's trousers and coat! Did I ruin the figure forever?

Thanks in advance for the help guys! You're all gonna answer my questions right? Of course you are we're like family! ANSWER ME!

Back to top Go down

Post by x43x Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:04 am

vincejustvince wrote:
Do I need to save the gold band that is wrapped around the t-shirt? If you want.

Do I need to save the plastic bag for the membership strap thing? If you want.

I pulled some loose threads off of Commander Post Fire's trousers and coat! Did I ruin the figure forever? Ruined forever.

x43x
x43x
BST Mod

http://x43x.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Artoo Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:45 am

vincejustvince wrote:Do I need to save the gold band that is wrapped around the t-shirt?

I pulled some loose threads off of Commander Post Fire's trousers and coat! Did I ruin the figure forever?

I have OCD as well and can understand your questions, but let me just ask you a few questions to help give you answers.

Why would you save the gold band? Are you planning on wearing the shirt or selling? If you're going to wear the shirt, there's no need to re-wrap it every time you wash it and put it away (unless you're seriously OCD, then definitely save it). If you want to sell the shirt, it would be a nice gesture to have it wrapped in the original wrapper. But there is really no need to save the wrapper.

The plastic bag for the membership strap. Again, no need to put it back in the bag if you intend on using it. I have my old strap hanging from my display case with my membership cards attached. I think it's a nice way to display your cards. If you never want to wear it, or if you want to sell it, might as well keep it in the bag. If you've already opened it, no need in keeping the bag.  

Cutting threads off of a figure is no big deal. It's all about aesthetics and personal preference. Sometimes on 1/6 figures it adds to the beat up look, but smaller scale figures can sometimes look weird with big threads hanging off.

I don't have problems throwing away the shrink wrap when I open a figure, but I tend to save the little baggies grenades come in and shipping outer and inner boxes. Those are things that could probably be thrown away, but I always think if I want to sell the figure later on, it's always nice to have those. But then storage becomes an issue. Recycling is a big topic in the world, so you might as well recycle the paper wrapper and plastic bag, then feel good about yourself helping the environment. Very Happy
I hope this helps. Hang in there Vince!
Artoo
Artoo
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by Chivo Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:59 am

Once you've opened the box you've begun the decay process of everything that's in it.  You ever notice how the boxes are sealed in plastic wrap?  Well, that is to preserve every aspect of the 3A magic.  You've heard people talk about that 3A smell given off when you open a new 3A toy. Or that weathering powder that comes off of the clothes. Or that wet paint. Or the loose joints.  Or the limbs or body parts that come off.  Well, that's all because you've opened the box.  If you hadn't opened the box, everything will be preserved in perfect condition as the promo pictures have shown you all that time ago when you preordered the figure. At least that's what you can tell yourself 'cause what you don't experience doesn't exist. Wink
Chivo
Chivo
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by BPP Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:36 am

Keep the heavy plastic strip that came around the shipping box.

Just in case.

BPP
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by 666ways2love Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:23 pm

Artoo wrote:
vincejustvince wrote:Do I need to save the gold band that is wrapped around the t-shirt?

I have OCD as well and can understand your questions, but let me just ask you a few questions to help give you answers.

Why would you save the gold band? Are you planning on wearing the shirt or selling? If you're going to wear the shirt, there's no need to re-wrap it every time you wash it and put it away (unless you're seriously OCD, then definitely save it). If you want to sell the shirt, it would be a nice gesture to have it wrapped in the original wrapper. But there is really no need to save the wrapper.

The plastic bag for the membership strap. Again, no need to put it back in the bag if you intend on using it. I have my old strap hanging from my display case with my membership cards attached. I think it's a nice way to display your cards. If you never want to wear it, or if you want to sell it, might as well keep it in the bag. If you've already opened it, no need in keeping the bag.  

Cutting threads off of a figure is no big deal. It's all about aesthetics and personal preference. Sometimes on 1/6 figures it adds to the beat up look, but smaller scale figures can sometimes look weird with big threads hanging off.

I don't have problems throwing away the shrink wrap when I open a figure, but I tend to save the little baggies grenades come in and shipping outer and inner boxes. Those are things that could probably be thrown away, but I always think if I want to sell the figure later on, it's always nice to have those. But then storage becomes an issue. Recycling is a big topic in the world, so you might as well recycle the paper wrapper and plastic bag, then feel good about yourself helping the environment. Very Happy
I hope this helps. Hang in there Vince!

Vince is just an annoying troll type. No need to waste your time typing long nicely worded answers
666ways2love
666ways2love
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr3AGO Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:40 pm

Thank you 666!! I've been going crazy!

Mr3AGO
Yesterday Kid

https://www.accountkiller.com/removal-requested

Back to top Go down

Post by 666ways2love Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:03 pm

Mr3AGO wrote:Thank you 666!! I've been going crazy!

And that was the family friendly version silent
666ways2love
666ways2love
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Argentix Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:44 pm

Chivo wrote: So basically you can remove them but they are glued in. Wink

Yep, just like how you can remove Supreme Nom's mask, she just has a featureless black peg underneath. Wink
Argentix
Argentix
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by koonfasa Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:16 pm

They are nice though. I didn't get any of those NOMs, just the TK's. Now I think I should have got one... or two.
koonfasa
koonfasa
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by geisT Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:22 pm

Chivo wrote:Once you've opened the box you've begun the decay process of everything that's in it.  You ever notice how the boxes are sealed in plastic wrap?  Well, that is to preserve every aspect of the 3A magic.  You've heard people talk about that 3A smell given off when you open a new 3A toy. Or that weathering powder that comes off of the clothes. Or that wet paint. Or the loose joints.  Or the limbs or body parts that come off.  Well, that's all because you've opened the box.  If you hadn't opened the box, everything will be preserved in perfect condition as the promo pictures have shown you all that time ago when you preordered the figure. At least that's what you can tell yourself 'cause what you don't experience doesn't exist. Wink

Sounds like "Schrödingers Cat"! Very Happy
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schr%C3%B6dinger%27s_cat

So, as long as the box stays sealed, its "Woodinger`s Toy".... simultaneously in perfect shape and a totally mess at the same time...
Or an Eddy cat could be inside....or at worsts 1:6 scaled talking Vince toy? affraid
tongue

Last edited by geisT on Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
geisT
geisT
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Rictus Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:09 pm

I got the right size shirt! And all the figures!!

However, I got NOIR's membership card.

Does anyone know NOIR?

Mr. Rictus
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by geisT Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:24 am

Mr. Rictus wrote:I got the right size shirt!  And all the figures!!

Does anyone know NOIR?

Just noticed this Member Noir:
https://worldof3alegion.forumotion.com/t143p30-japan-venture-but-with-smiles-on-our-lips#11340

Maybe the right one?
geisT
geisT
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:26 am

666ways2love wrote:Vince is just an annoying troll type. No need to waste your time typing long nicely worded answers
Wow rude! How exactly am I a troll?

I hate these forums I should have never rejoined the new one! It's not fair that you can just bully me I'M A 3A COLLECTOR I'M SUPPOSED TO BELONG HERE IN THIS COMMUNITY!

I guess it's the same wherever I go I didn't fit in with the people on the various LEGO brand building blocks forums either. At least I can use my toy collection as a status symbol and pretend I'm better than everyone else! So yeah congratulations on removing me from the premises! I have no friends either. I'm a loner, but it's because I'm a renegade and people just don't understand me.

I just thought I could fit in here and discuss the world's greatest toy company and yeah maybe I'm OCD that stuff really bothers me! I mean I just want to preserve the figures in as close to sealed in box quality as I can after opening it so every little thing really really bugs me and I still don't know how to deal with the plastic bag for the strap thingy and no I'm not going to wear tissue boxes or save the outer plastic wrap.

You know what else my membership box had all the right info it's because I am a true 3A'er and am blessed in return! See all the non believers are being punished why didn't you worship at the altar of Ashley Wood like me? Serves you right! It says here the forum posters make up about 10% of all sales care to explain?

Am I normal? So yeah bye forever guys.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Rictus Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:39 am

geisT wrote:
Mr. Rictus wrote:I got the right size shirt!  And all the figures!!

Does anyone know NOIR?

Just noticed this Member Noir:
https://worldof3alegion.forumotion.com/t143p30-japan-venture-but-with-smiles-on-our-lips#11340

Maybe the right one?

I found NOIR soon after I posted and sent them a PM. I'm hoping that they got my card. Very Happy

Mr. Rictus
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Nothing Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:56 am

vincejustvince wrote:
666ways2love wrote:Vince is just an annoying troll type. No need to waste your time typing long nicely worded answers

I hate these forums I should have never rejoined the new one! It's not fair that you can just bully me I'M A 3A COLLECTOR I'M SUPPOSED TO BELONG HERE IN THIS COMMUNITY!

I guess it's the same wherever I go I didn't fit in with the people on the various LEGO brand building blocks forums either. At least I can use my toy collection as a status symbol and pretend I'm better than everyone else! So yeah congratulations on removing me from the premises! I have no friends either. I'm a loner, but it's because I'm a renegade and people just don't understand me.

I just thought I could fit in here and discuss the world's greatest toy company and yeah maybe I'm OCD that stuff really bothers me! I mean I just want to preserve the figures in as close to sealed in box quality as I can after opening it so every little thing really really bugs me and I still don't know how to deal with the plastic bag for the strap thingy and no I'm not going to wear tissue boxes or save the outer plastic wrap.

You know what else my membership box had all the right info it's because I am a true 3A'er and am blessed in return! See all the non believers are being punished why didn't you worship at the altar of Ashley Wood like me? Serves you right! It says here the forum posters make up about 10% of all sales care to explain?

Because on multiple forums you post like a raving lunatic, flipping out and acting insane over nothing.  Just like your reply here.
Nothing
Nothing
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by zzzzz Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:22 am

Nothing wrote:
vincejustvince wrote:

Because on multiple forums you post like a raving lunatic, flipping out and acting insane over nothing.  Just like your reply here.

I've enjoyed everything vince has posted so far. I think every forum needs one vince.
zzzzz
zzzzz
Oyabun

https://instagram.com/cinco_zeta

Back to top Go down

Post by Sideglide Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:42 am

Good. Those posts were annoying. Saying you know you are annoying but hoping no one will notice and getting mad when people do, is not a recipe for patience.
Sideglide
Sideglide
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by Chivo Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:45 am

Yes, one vince is enough.  I quiet enjoy reading his lunacy, it puts a smile on my face.  No offense vince if you are truely OCD.  But if that's the case, you should get some professional help to help control it or not whatever. Just a suggestion.
Chivo
Chivo
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by Gloomy Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:09 am

Well got mine today but had to put it aside and come to work, didn't realize there was another mix-up afoot with yet another year membership pack...oh well they fixed everything for everyone last time and I ended up with an extra hoodie out of it so no complaints here. Gotta wait till I get home to find out if I got the right box or not still can't wait though so much stuff packed in this years gonna have to make some space.
Gloomy
Gloomy
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by IronChap Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:23 am

Starting to think it's a minor miracle I got the right pack with the right card affraid
IronChap
IronChap
Tomorrow King

http://www.collectathingy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ce Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:56 am

IronChap wrote:Starting to think it's a minor miracle I got the right pack with the right card affraid

If your membership is numbered above 4000 then it means you are the chosen one! affraid
Ce
Ce
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by IronChap Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:12 am

Damn, I'm in the 3000s. Guess I'm not chosen after all Sad
IronChap
IronChap
Tomorrow King

http://www.collectathingy.com

Back to top Go down