World of 3A Legion Outpost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

July - 2010

Go down

July - 2010  Empty July - 2010

Post by gimbat Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:25 am

July 2010

June was a very exciting month for 3A! 3A Gathering opened it's door on 25th of June for invited members and on 26th for general audience. It was a tremendous success, if you want to check out the coverage from the event, you got to check this whole section, which is dedicated to the event. Ennormous amount of cool toys were on sale and 180 pieces of art by Ashley Wood, Jeremy Geddes, Rufus Dayglo, Phil Hale, Kenny Wong and Dorophy Tang. But I'm sure you already heard about all this and saw lots and lots of pics, if not then please check news of the June or photos in 3A Gathering section, I mentioned above. 3A Gathering was an ultimate experience and it was so sad to leave Beijing and seeing closed doors of the gallery, but there lots&lots of cool things happening with 3A in future, so don't be sad and thank you again to everyone who took his time and made it's way to the show. Here is just a tease from the first day:

July - 2010  Th_heavybrambleJuly - 2010  Th_hatcherytk-1July - 2010  Th_lmJuly - 2010  Th_displayJuly - 2010  Th_display2July - 2010  Th_bigLMJuly - 2010  Th_paintingJuly - 2010  Th_squaresJuly - 2010  Th_wwrpLMJuly - 2010  Th_nomJuly - 2010  Th_LMpostersJuly - 2010  Th_squares1July - 2010  Th_dorophyJuly - 2010  Th_philJuly - 2010  Th_kennyJuly - 2010  Th_jeremyJuly - 2010  Th_jeremy2

What else exciting is happening? 3AA package, Dropcloth 4pack, Tommy Mission Blood Nails (retail exclusive) shipped out and same for 2000 AD Tharg.

First books from 3A Publishing are shipping out soon, as I have them all in my hands, I can say that you will be REALLY impressed:
ENTREAT (3A catalogue)
Urge ourselves under by Phil Hale
Chunky Bits by Ashley Wood

July - 2010  Chunky1.thJuly - 2010  Urge.thJuly - 2010  Entreat.th

3A second anniversary Bambaboss is going to ship out in July as well and I got to remind you, that there are two different box desings, one we haven't saw yet:

July - 2010  2ndbossr.thJuly - 2010  Bamba1.th

And of course news that made lots of our 3A brothers and sisters to go nuts, WWRp Noir and DIY de Plume, will be available soon at Bambalandstore, as a part of special sets!

But the real star of July is entirely new Adventure Kartel figure: ANKOU! Judging by what Ashley told me, this release is going to be true 3A madness, so be prepared for July 12th at Bambalandstore at 9-00 AM Hong-Kong time and hell yes to variants!

July - 2010  Ankou.thJuly - 2010  Ankou.th

And please pay some attention to this:
Our moderator Sir Dirty Girty rewritten and updated my early version of 3A Frequently asked questions, check them out, there is a lots of answers and valuable info. Everybody knows how helpful our community is and that people here are always ready to answer on any type of 3A question, even if it was asked, like a thousand times before. But now please try to read FAQs first, if you would fail to find an answer on your question, then just shoot your question on the appropriate section of the board, we mods and all the 3A boardies will try our best to answer on your questions.

As you probably saw there is updates section on our board, where we will be writing about new releases and shipping dates of 3A products, shipping thread is going to be constantly updated with the newest data.

I hope you will not only have a great time here and fall in love with 3A spirit and collectibles, but find lots of friends and alike thinking people, with whom you can share everything.

Over last month people contacted me about giving direct url to Ashley's quotes, as very often it's hard to understand the quote, even with my explanation. And you know what? Not everybody understand that quotes in blue color are direct links, to Ashley's quotes. So just heads up, if you see a quote in blue, it's a hyperlink and leads to a place where discussion happened and you are one click away from an opportunity to check everything by yourself, without using search option. I will try to maximize amount of hyperlinks, to give you a better opportunity for following the discussions at 3A board.

And one last thing, if you don't want to read FAQs, all buying/selling/trading inquiries are prohibited on our board and will get you in trouble, so please don't even try. Being on 3A board is a privilege and we will do our best to keep this house of 3A clean from anger, bad vibes and regular discussion board bullshit.

P.S.
I see that each month my introduction to the new month and summarize grows bigger and bigger, do you want those as detailed as possible or you want me to be brief? Your feedback would be very appreciated.

Repeat of the last day of June news and updates

Ashley about art selling at 3A Gathering and about his online gallery newsletter, which is going to be a best place for his art news soon:
"i really liked all ash's art there..
actually I only sold two pieces in beijing, the other was purchased way before. over 50 pieces were kept.
I just could be arsed with the whole selling thing. over time, this year, ill offer all the art that was shown in beijing, just need to figure out a easy stress free system.
my gallery newsletter will be the best place for news.
and yea, the wyeth morning paining is one of my all time fav's I have done. A nice confidence boost that one.. it will be in fuck it #2,
off to shit my guts."

About ultimate Popbot Universe experience - 7bones set:
"it will be one pack, its not a main release or anything, just me dicking around and making what I dig and think is fun. It wont be cheap, but thats not the point."

Kuan ti Plume photos by freakyfir:

July - 2010  Th_freakyfir10July - 2010  Th_freakyfir9July - 2010  Th_freakyfir8July - 2010  Th_freakyfir7July - 2010  Th_freakyfirJuly - 2010  Th_freakyfir2July - 2010  Th_freakyfir3July - 2010  Th_freakyfir5July - 2010  Th_freakyfir6

WWR Dropcloth 4pack photo by our board member wark:

July - 2010  Th_wark

Tomorrow is going to be the last day of 3A Gathering in Beijing, but at the same time, the next 3A release super AWESOME Ankou is only 11 days and 12 hours away!

30.06 - 01.07

Last day of the 3A Gathering and it's raining cats and dogs outside, first time it's raining here in a more than a week. It's sad that everything good comes to an end so fast, but let's look on a bright side of things, there will be new Gatherings and next days, will be finally full with photos and whatnot from 3A Gathering. I know that Pitu, Wilbur and memecomplex are working on their materials, plus many others, so BE PREPARED. It was such a happiness for me, to see happy faces of our boardies, when they were dragging enormous bags filled with 3A goodness, in the end, it's all about making others happy, isn't it? For many of memories about wild days in Beijing will be treasured forever, as it was a blast. For me, it was like best summer camp journey, which I never had in childhood.

I will write an introduction to a new month soon, but for now let's make June last a bit more longer. It was so nice to meet our boardies and to shake their hand. For everyone who is up in the air or going to the airport today/tomorrow, I wish safe flight and no problems with the customs. For all the others, who didn't manage to visit Beijing, I wish not to be sad and think about the future, as it's certainly not the last and not the biggest 3A show. Love you all guys and thank you for supporting 3A!

30.06-01.07
previous news and info for this date are above

Last photos of the Gathering, you can see 1:1 Large Martin's front armor shield laying on the floor:

July - 2010  Th_CIMG4170July - 2010  Th_CIMG4179July - 2010  Th_CIMG4181

02.07-03.07

I'm finally back home from Beijing and will reorganize everything soon. Here are the latest quotes from Ash, for the last couple of days, plus his entry from the blog, I couldn't post because of the damn Chinese firewall.

The blog:
THANKS!
Just got back after a cursed flight back home, Flu, food poisoning general shit ! But all worth it after an awesome time in Beiing. I cant say how flattered I was to have so many turn out for our show, a great time !!!
Im off to bed...

About 1:1 Squares:
"i like the medic best.. but I like nurses too..."

About Jung de Plume and WWRp Large Martin shipping dates:
"jung is soon
dunno about Large though// im sure not too far off. I know that we are sending out Blanc de plume WWRp this coming week to 3x3 set purchasers etc."

3A 2 years anniversary Bambaboss is shipping next week and next week for the books, which was sold on Bamba (ENTREAT, Chunky Bits and Urge ourselves under):
"bamba next week.
books ship next week too I assume, its not ems, so some might have a a couple of weeks wait etc.
everything next week, as the crew is still in china.
book did great in china and online/ hope we can continue !"

Posting in July sketch thread, about Brizl's avatar:
"the avatar counts !"

More info about Five brothers from Popbot and that there will be a 2pack of them:
"5 brothers are 5 brothers, you have only seen two so far.
the other 3 are missing in action."
"there will be a two pack of em. the other 3 are not so pally with them."

More information about Tank Girl release (somewhere around Christmas):
"nothing seen is final or close, unless its on the 3A and is stated as the figs final design, I wouldnt get too happy or sad over anything..
christmas for the release if your counting"

2000 AD Tharg shipped out and some of our boardies already got him, here are the photos from melvegas and skinnybirdy and more photos in Tharg's photo thread:

July - 2010  Melvegastharg4.thJuly - 2010  Melvegastharg3.thJuly - 2010  Skinnybirdytharg.thJuly - 2010  Melvegasttharg2.thJuly - 2010  Melvegastharg.th

And you got to check out Pitu's Beijing coverage, not a lot of videos currently, but Pitu keeps updating them and uploading MOAR.

Our board member Nael, who is well known for his rad stop animation videos nails it again!

July - 2010  Gathering
click on the image above to see the video.

previous news for this date are above

3A board is known that there is always a place to show what you capable of you can always count on support and constructive criticism. Please check out June sketch thread (month theme: movies) for cool entries, as it's now closed for reviewing and if you feel that you want to participate: July sketch thread (month theme: hands:feet) is opened for you and waiting for your entries.

June photo thread is under review and July photo thread is waiting for your photos of 3A toys, please check the rules before posting. And don't forget to upload your photos to www.threeaonline.com user gallery.

Jung de Plume box art and another pic of Bambaboss, which start to ship out this week.

July - 2010  Bamr.thJuly - 2010  Jung1.th

And here is a photo of Jung de Plume painting from 3A Gathering, photo was made by eseffinga and a bit photoshopped by me:

July - 2010  Jungsoh.th

Latest info from 3A production blog and photos of Tommy Blood Nails:

July - 2010  Bbicn2.thJuly - 2010  Bbicn1.th

The BBICN exclusive Tommy mission has shipped to BBICN, Im sure they will be shipping out soon, if not already !

And as we know, couple of our boardies already got their Tommy, so shipping is well in progress!

It's less than 7 days left, until Ankou will be on sale at bambalandstore.com , be prepared, as you don't want to miss this sale!

New teaser shot of Adventure Kartel: Ankou...told you that he is going to be great! And the estimated price we heard earlier was 80$ (let's hope it's not change too much), so another killer price for Adventure Kartel line.

July - 2010  Ankou3.th

Ashley about Heavy Bramble colorways:
"colorway info soon !
ennui gets to touch it all.. dirty bastard"

Posting in Ankou thread:
"its nothing, i dont want in posted here either, it was an old painting never finished, nothing to do with ankou"

About that painting, which was on display at 3A Gathering
"no one got that painting sail.."

Adventure Kartel Ankou goes on sale in five days and seven hours from now, for precise time, please check countdown timer at www.threeaonline.com/blog

Guys, if you are going to SDCC this year, please let me know about it by posting in this thread. Thank you! And please post there only if you are attending the SDCC.

Gorgeous model and WWRp JEA Bertie (yes there is actually a Bertie on that photo), what can be better? Photo is made by Edwin Yasis.

July - 2010  Th_edwinyasis

Don't forget to check 3A toys photography section for new photos of 3A Gathering exclusives and Tharg.

Adventure Kartel Ankou is almost revealed!

July - 2010  Ankou1.th

More information from production blog and sign up to 3A newsletter if you haven't done it here:

ANKOU SENTRY
This coming Monday Ankou is available for pre-order ( July 12th, 9-00am Hong Kong time ). Ankou will be available as a blind single box or exclusive Bambaland 3 pack containing all three standard Ankou. 3A Ankou newsletter set to go out this week.

Mr.12Fingers, who created www.threeaonline.com, have made an awesome application and programmed touchscreen, which was hanging at 3A Gathering for everyone to use. You could post photos on the webcam with your friends (or just next to 1:1 Large Martin), make some drawings or just browse through 3A catalog of toys or artists profiles, now you can see online what paintings and photos were made at the Gathering or just see a video where Kenny Wong is painting a portrait of Jeremy Geddes with his fingers. Feel free to check it out, as you can see there are few screenshots bellow to give you some idea, so don't hesitate and use this direct link: http://www.threeaonline.com/gathering/

July - 2010  Gatheringscreen2.thJuly - 2010  Gatheringscreen.thJuly - 2010  Gatheringscreen3.th

Ashley about Adventure Kartel Ankou, confirming that there would be three variants (Shadow security, Zomb Hunter, Police) and cough cough chases. There will be a 3pack (with three variants) and singles, which we will be sold as blinds.
"chases in the blind boxes, well I never.. cough
Im so happy with Ankou, so simple, fun, and carrying on the tradition of silly Kartel characters. Somewhere down the line we will release the ANKOU + , which is a fatter bigger version.
the orange Zomb hunter Ankou is very cool.."
"pics. pfft
Shadow security, Zomb Hunter, Police are the 3 in the 3 pack of 3 Ankou"
"singles are the fun man, the set the feast !
you cant lose !"
"thats suit is AK, just ask a Zomb !"
"he wears boots !
these are low tech guys !"

Mold (which is the most expensive part of the process) for Bertie MK3 is ready, but Heavy Bramble and Grunt are next to come in WWR scale and Universe!
"the molds are done, nearly ready to be seen in the wild !!"
"heavy Bramble first. then MK3 and Grunt"

Is there going to be Heavy Bramble MK 2.5 in WWRp scale?
"no heavy coming to WWRp for a while, so its a fucking huge over the top gun on for 1/6th for now. i have some other bramble designs for WWRp"

Posting in "The rarest/most unique stuff you have" thread:
"if you shit a Boglin..
fuck they are called BOG-lins for shit sakes
as in, im going to the bog."

About his paintings, commenting the blank out experience some of the boardies had, when they were looking at Ashley's painting at 3A Gathering:
"i want some of that blanking out action ! they just shout at me.."

To remind you about Grunt, as probably new members don't remember much about him. Here is one of the rare photos of him (next to Men from N.O.M heads) we saw in March 2009 and as I understand, Grunts are the soldiers from WWR:

July - 2010  Marchupdateheader.th

Teaser shots of SDCC exclusive WWRp Armstrong:

July - 2010  Armw.thJuly - 2010  Arm2.thJuly - 2010  Arm3.thJuly - 2010  Arm4.th

More info can be found here.

Adventure Kartel Ankou, goes on sale in three days and 15 hours from now, at www.bambalandstore.com, go to www.threeaonline.com/blog to check the countdown!

eseffinga's comments are posted in the June Photo thread, Devours photo was the one selected and my congrats to her!

July - 2010  Devoursjune.th

And special mention to ikkoku, who according to eseffinga:"really captured the Tommy vs. Zomb vibe."

Don't forget about July photo thread and feel free to participate there.

Please click here to read the review of the June sketch thread and my sincere congrats to exphatos! As always I strongly advice to go through the entries in the June sketch tread, to check out all the awesome sketches, maybe you will get inspiration and decide to participate in July sketch thread...who knows.

Our beloved Popbot goes to retail, so don't forget to ask your favorite retailer if he carries 3A products, here are some teaser shots and information about him. Some retail shops, which carry 3A toys can be found here:

14.5” Popbot with a Kitty and shoulder bag. Kitty have 10 color variants. Randomly packed with Popbot. Popbot with one long barrel pistol.

July - 2010  Popretail.th

14.5” Badbot with double long barrel pistols

July - 2010  Popretail2.th

14.5” Popbot and Badbot 2 pack
Popbot with a Kitty and shoulder bag. Kitty have 10 color variants. Randomly packed with Popbot. Popbot with one long barrel pistol.
Badbot with double long barrel pistols

July - 2010  Popretail3.th

If you have missed first book from 3A publishing, don't worry, ENTREAT, "Chunky Bits" (by Ashley Wood) and Phil Hale's "Urge ourselves under" are available at www.bambalandstore.com for pretty good prices. I strongly recommend all of them, and especially I want to point out ENTREAT, which is two years of 3A toys in one single catalogue, featuring 282 pages filled with 3A toys photos and book size is 12"x12".

July - 2010  Entreat3.thJuly - 2010  Entreat4.thJuly - 2010  Entreat5.thJuly - 2010  Entreat6.thJuly - 2010  Entreat7.thJuly - 2010  Entreat8.thJuly - 2010  Entreat9.thJuly - 2010  Entreat10.th

Since people were worried about mixed up ratio of chases in blinds, here is an explanation and advices from Ashley:
"re blinds, we cannot promise anything, if you order 10, you might get 3 of each and rare, or 10 of one ( we dont want this, but its hard to police ), the shipping system really is based on blind shipping, the packers grab boxes and ship, no reasoning behind it, or it wouldnt be blind right ?

I can see if anything can be done to curtail say getting the same figure 5 times over, when ordering 5, but I dont want to mess with the randomness of it either. but ill try, or Kim can.

re rares, well they are rare, the main three are the main three, focus on them !

re body, if Ankou had a new body he would dcost 150+ bucks, 80 is better, plus he isnt a bigboy and the body is perfect, his brother ANKOU+ is chunky lad, he has a whole new body arms and legs etc."

"um I said its random, fuck the rares, im only doing so I can make some more designs, the three main are my favs.

the blinds are really there for single buyers, and hopefully making it more fun to buy, as you dont know what you get etc.

the three packs covers ya if you want all three.

you can get a rare if you order one, or 100 in singles, there is no system, or ratio, or favoured party."

"I dont want anyone getting 10 of the same, thats just stupid, but I cant promise a balanced load out either, or it aint blind etc."

"order the 3 pack, no stress, no issues !
order the blind , buy one, you dont have to stress nothing then"

So to summarize, there a 3pack with Ashley's favorite Ankou variants (Shadow security, Zomb Hunter, Police), if you scared of blinds singles, go for 3pack. If you want to get rare variants, go for blinds, but prepare to take a risk.

About new body:
"we are making a barrel body, just with everything, not enough hands or time in the day to do it !"

Ashley explaining about Tommy t-shirts and mentions that Ankou newsletter is almost finished, here is a link for newsletter sign up:
"re tommy, the short was the only difference, it wasnt really a blind sale, just the shirt was random, Ankou is different, he is a blind sale, each looks different, different suit color, decals, paint etc
And yea, at least when people get 5 of the same, you know we are not vetting the system, co if we were we wouldnt do that, as we get shit, and no one wants that.
im off to finish the ankou newsletter!"

Guys, please don't worry newsletter haven't been out yet:
"its not sent yet james labia"

Here is our Ankou in all his 3pack glory (3pack is EXCLUSIVE to bambalandstore), pre-order on 12th of July 9-00 AM Hong-Kong time at www.bambalandstore.com and shipping is mentioned in September:

July - 2010  Bdsmb.thJuly - 2010  Threeway.th

Ashley mentioning chases and possibilities:
"ok
re blinds, we will make sure you dont get stuck with all the same, but of course the more you order the clustering of colorways will occur
the chase figs are random... there is a white one,think engineer armstrong and someother color etc"

About Ankou hands articulation:
"yes they are, swivel, turn, open and close"

Why Ankou is wearing 3A t-shirts? That's actually very interesting..
"3A in the AK world isnt a toy company, also why does Deplume wear it too... mmmmmm"
gimbat
gimbat
Admin

Back to top Go down

July - 2010  Empty Re: July - 2010

Post by gimbat Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:26 am

Not much to say about, but WWR Dropcloth are invading US and here is a couple of photos by our members Siona and Iamthestatic, please go here if you want to check out more Dropcloth photos:

July - 2010  Iamthestaticdc.thJuly - 2010  Sionadc2.thJuly - 2010  Sionadc1.thJuly - 2010  Sionadc.th

Looks like our board member Nael, scored secret chase 1:1 TQ!

July - 2010  Tqatoffice.th

If you are going to SDCC this year, please leave your comment in this thread.

AK Ankou goes on sale in 1 day and 17 hours from now, this mean that SOON F5 Bar and Grill will be opened, as it's opening doors always 24 hours before the pre-order!

Time is ticking and each minute brings us closer to Adventure Kartel Ankou sale. But what we have before each sale? F5 Bar and Grill, where we all can hang out and share the excitement!
To remind you what is F5 Bar and Grill:
During release nights in the thread dedicated to the release, like "Ankou - Shadow Security / Zomb Hunter / Police" thread, only serious questions/problems can be posted. Everything else would be deleted by us, the Mods. This is done, to get rid of all the nonsense and help to people, who have some serious questions and problems about the release. The thread where you can make relatively on topic friendly chat or go insane during the releases would be called F5 Bar and Grill, under Release night board's category. The thread is going to be unlocked 24 hours before the sale happens and locked, when the figure is going to be removed from the store. Have fun there, but don't forget basic rules and maintaining positive vibes of our beloved 3A board.

F5 bar is going to be open in less than 30 minutes from now and Ankou goes on sale in slightly more than 24 hours from now at www.bambalandstore.com!

F5 Bar and Grill is open and waiting for first visitors! Please have fun , but do your best to stay on topic and talk about Ankou, who is our hero of the month.

Photo of lovely girl and WWRp JEA Bertie, by Edwin Yasis, can't keep this away from you and maybe this will inspire you to hunt down those retail Berties!

July - 2010  P4031061.th

Our board member Zach, created 3A newsletter archive..what a good feeling to go back and check some old newsletters, especially for such a news maniac like me. Click here to check it out and thank you for doing this Zach!

Clocks are ticking and it's less than 15 hours before Ankou goes on sale! Have you made up your mind what to buy or you are waiting for a newsletter? Feel free to swing by F5 bar and Grill and emerge yourself into Ankou Madness!

Newsletter is out:
http://us1.campaign-archive.com/?u=df39a60ebc972356a8428c41e&id=0c05af791d&e
Ankou likes to squish Zomb heads, and pretty much anything else. The everyday defender of Newandria says hello !

Of course we can't all have our own 1:1 Ankou kicking around the house, so 3A has made a dinky 1/6th replica to make you feel more safe at night. Coming in at 12" tall, with a very posable googly eye, clipper claws that are very clippy, a very dapper boiler suit, pouches, a fully painted body and a double-sided poster/comic. Ankou is available in single BLIND-boxes (get one of 5 random known Ankous) for 80USD (that price includes worldwide shipping) or the Bamblaland exclusive THREEWAY PACK, featuring Shadow Security, Police and N.L.C.S for 220USD (price includes worldwide shipping).

Chase Ankou are available in single boxes, these are random and not dependent on amount purchased or sex appeal.

Ankou is a pre-order, shipping is set for September.

Pre-order starts 12th of July, 9-00am Hong Kong time, Bambalandstore.com, stock is limited

More AK Ankou pics:

MORE PICS

July - 2010  Shadowsecurity.thJuly - 2010  Newandria1.thJuly - 2010  Ankouheader1.thJuly - 2010  Nlcs.th

Ankou is available right now at www.bambalandstore.com

Ashley posting about Ankou in F5 Bar and Grill, and about making one blind toy per month:
"morning all !"
"should have made a Forum patrol Ankou.... mmm"
"a blind every month would be cool, maybe oneday, making just a monthly toy is hard. We are going to start making toys to release on bambaland without notice, pre-made etc.. now thats a surprize release.
but anything like a monthly blind toy or the ild, keep us informed if this is sumin you guys want or not"
"maybe a Action Portable Figure ( APF 1/12th ) monthly, much cheaper..."

Ashley wants to make new heavy Square set, are you interested? Here is Ash mentioning it and talking about voting process:
"I wanna do a new 1/6th square set, is that interesting to you guys ? we are gonna ramp up 1/12th figures, they are too much fun !"
"i love the squares, I wanna do the heavy square.."

"maybe we should do a forum pick toy, but I dont know how to do it fairly?"
"how can I stop peole rigging the forum vote, eg, voting 100 times etc ?"
"ok, if voting system is one vote style, cool, or maybe a thread than people can post in once, then tallied up etc"

Less stress and more ANKOU!
"Ankou is a simple release, I wanted to keep things simpler for a while, make sure people get what they dig, less stress....
BECAUSE
there are upcoming toys that wil lbring the fun/stress/emo etc.. Enjoy the Easy Ankou days !"

There will be 1/12th size Boiler Zomb....oh my!
"1/12th zomb, already on the go"
"Zomb Hoard pack.. mmmm"

Mentioning Heavy Bramble colorway?
"Dawns Blade Heavy Bramble.. probably need a square too"
"Dawns blade are pink, but a tough pink."

Paint application on Ankou body:
"the ankou bodies are painted dirty metal, keeps the vibe when you make them nekkid onekae.. and film them doing stuff"

Mentioning Peaceday Command Dropcloth and providing some info about them:
"headshot dove...When I release the peaceday Command-Drop.."
"Command-drops are a little different, not just a weapon or color change."
"Command drops look very sinister, or kinda stupid, too me hyou cant lose with that combo !"

More about Ankou and why there is no 3AA exclusive this time and no surprises...but surprises are still surprises:
"Ankou packaging is still a ? for THREEWAY pack"
"next time for 3AA ! simple drop this time ~"
"no really, nothing else for Ankou, he is enough !"
"i need some coffee.. time to man the bamba, fucker is like the millenium falcon
laters"
"thanks guys !! always appreciated, and never taken for granted !
i need coofffeeeeee"

Today Ashley mentioned lots of exciting things, which are waiting for us in future, but I most excited about the forum pick toy...please check the thread, where I'm asking some questions and express what you want to see.

Ankou sales are moving into top gear! Ankou is waiting for you at www.bambalandstore.com

Guys, as I suspected there is 24 hours for 3AA for Ankou, just got a message from Ashley, confirming it!

Like most often with 3A releases, there are SURPRISES N.L.C.S. commander in a yellow suit and Zomb with a new head!

July - 2010  2way.th

Here is Ashley hanging around more at 3A bar and talking about Ankou and SURPRISE 2pack (featuring Zomb with new head!)
"chase ones are not based on any ratio or buying amount, just luck
you cant lose though they are cool !"
"I blame Earth 2 ASH !"
"umm today...
never trust earth 2 ash..."
"there wil be other chances for zomb.2
dont sweat it"
"releases are fun, the rest is hard work !"
"PM is shit 300+ messages, wont load..."

"dude, i hate flippers, they make more dough than us.."

Zomb.2 head photos and looks:
"soon for head, no shitty shots, soon dont worry he is cool !"
"zomb is very similar bar head, they are boiler zomb, there isnt much variation in suit ( decals yes ) , the zomb has a certain look I wanna keep etc"
"bar head, as in nothing really different except head.. but that is enough, thee had makes him !
the yellow suit of the NLCS commander is great too"

There will be Ankous at retail:
"look for some different Ankou at retail to.. Ankou is the new Tk !"

Ashley promises to put more 2packs later on:
"Ill put a new batch up later tonight my time, for the Euro and statesiders."
"gonna clean up unpaid orders, then grab a bite !"
"100 pages... back later with more 2 packs !"

Asking us about advertising in magazines:
"if we were to advertise in mags, which do you think would be worthwhile ?"
"I want to get outside of the norm, not the same ol stuff"
"IDN is a cool mag, but I not sure if thats fertile 3A ground"

Surprise 2packs are back to the store!
"second batch is up !"

And 2packs are gone for now, there will be another waves tonight, so don't lose hope my 3A brothers and sisters, I'll keep my fingers crossed for everyone who wants to buy one! And for everyone who is interested, 2packs costs 150$ before 3AA discount, here is short description from the store:
N.C.L.S Commander Ankou and Zomb.2!
pre-order ships in September

Don't forget that 3AA members have 24 hours for Ankou, but not suggest to 3AA members or not, to sit on the fence too long, because they could be very easily removed from the store once 24 hours window will end (give it or take an hour).

Ashley about offering last batch of surprise drop 2packs:
"last batch going up before midnight my time..
hopefully that will cover most timezones"

Another batch of 2packs went up and was sold at bambalandstore.com , we don't know whether it's it or there will be one more tomorrow (Ash't time). Ankou is still on sale, so if you want to buy a threepack, which is exclusive to bambalandstore or blinds, go for it!

It's 3 and a half hours left, before 3AA 24 hours window for Ankou closes...and who knows whether Ankou would stay at Bamba or not. So if you want one and still can't make up your mind, it's a great opportunity to make your move!

Ashley about unpaid orders and 3pack of Ankou:
"im gonnna recycle unpaid orders now. the 3 packs go at 9-00am or there abouts, then it will be blinds only !"
So it's currently the last opportunity for 3pack, if you do want one, don't sit on the fence and go immediately to www.bambalandstore.com , I remind you that 3pack is exclusive to Bambalandstore.

Ashley says thanks and promises to search for a bit more 2packs. 3pack is gone from the store.:
"166 pages, thats cool !
thanks guys, im gonna go search for any 2packs that shave slipped the net, or multi buyers.
Singles are it for now..
Thanks, coz without ya, well there wouldnt be a zomb, Ankou or shit !"

A pic showing that every 3A bot is unique and different in details, by our board member musahi13, featuring Medic DC and Medic Square.

July - 2010  Musahidc.th

No news from Ashley, whether 2pack is completely sold out (well, most likely it is) or there will be one more offer from recycled and multiple orders. But Ankou singles are still for sale at www.bambalandstore.com and nobody knows whether they are going be there for long time or not, F5 Bar and Grill is still open, but in some hours I'll close it down, when the excitement levels are going to drop, nobody wants to keep a dead and empty bar open. Thanks to everyone for support and being there!

First photo not by our board member, but too cool not to share and box art photo is by pepe88688:

July - 2010  Jungyyyy.thJuly - 2010  Pepejungbox.th

And F5 bar dedicated to Ankou is closed down, but there are still blinds available at www.bambalandstore.com for 80$, with worldwide shipping included!

July - 2010  Bdsmb.th
Even if there will be more 2packs tonight, I suppose it would be a last wave of them, with super really limited quantities. No need to keep F5 bar open. Thank you again for release night full of fun and congrats on getting the toys you want and if you haven't got something, don't become bitter, there is a plenty of exciting 3A releases this year and like Ash said, Zomb 2 will be available again in future. Like always, it was extremely good to see how our legion members helping each other and not leaving anyone behind. We rock!
See ya in the F5 bar soon! And to repeat what Ashley said:
"Thanks, coz without ya, well there wouldnt be a zomb, Ankou or shit !"

Ashley about Fuck IT 2, which will be sold at Bambalandstore and will be probably a hardcover. It turned out that first 3A publishing books did great and now Ashley has plans to distro Fuck IT 2 by himself and he mentioned possible reprint with hardcover later on:
"muller the hater...
Well fuck it 2 goes to press very soon. Ill be publishing it, all copies will be called FUCKIT, it will probably be hardcover from now on. Im going to try and distro direct to interested stores, but I have no real plans yet. of course Bamba will sell it.
Bamba has sold out at diamond which is cool I guess. I might reprint with hardcover later on.
oh yea, if you look close I spelled ECTOGASM ! I try !"
"bamba is fine for shipping books, but some comic shops really supported fuckit, I want to offer them issue 2 thats all."

All Popbot fans, you got to buy FUCKIT, I hope that Manchester war story will be there, dying to find out more about this one:
"im at crossorads for popbot, I have some smaller stories to tell from within the universe, they will be in FUCKIT etc.. I have no real solid plans, just see where I go, FUCKIT is the only line in the sand for now"

Ashley about next 2000 AD figure Mongrol:
"he is coming along, plus many others, the 2000ad line is getting lots of interest, from all walks.. very cool."

Photos of Jung de Plume by our board member makadi3000:

July - 2010  Dsc02734v.thJuly - 2010  Dsc02741f.thJuly - 2010  Dsc02717ay.th

Ashley about Jung de Plume and talking about good old days, when 3A started with Nom de Plume and Noir de Plume sales:
"im glad has come out of hiding ~
De Plume is our special fig, always tempting to blow out the weathering and whatnot, but I want them all to have the same feel. I still remember selling Nom, being to so excited when the 50 blew out the door, that was a great day, cant believe its two years later...
theres something in my eye... scuttles off"
"I thought 50 was huge"
"then 75 Noir.. I was king of the world..."

Ankou singles are coming to the end, so if you want to get one, go to www.bambalandstore.com and MAKE your move!
"the singles are dwindling !
last day"

Ashley about Popbot and what it means to him:
"Hell no, just want to do some other pop stuff before I end the main story, as once its done, well, thats it.. I know the ending better than any part, its the best bit, sad, touching and all round not what you expect. So im gonna play with stuff in the mean time, the TK/Mortis war is the focus of issue 9
No crossroads, just so many roads I can take, all good.
Popbot is my OPUS, make no mistake there my friends!"

ENTREAT (3A catalog) is sold out, Ashley thanks everyone who made it happen:
Thanks to everybody that helped make Entreat a sellout !!!

Latest entry from Ashley's art blog, about FUCKIT number 2:

July - 2010  Fuckit2.th

Not long till FUCK IT #2 hits, a little different this time though, which is Fuck it's way.
Firstly 3A will be publishing it, my good friends at IDW just got to much hassle for the name,ungodly nudity and lack of inherent sado violence. So I have decided that my company 3A gets the honor of publishing it !
I will figure out a way to get interested stores copies if they want it ( as many supported FUCK IT #1 ),I dont really know how, but if anyone is interested in stocking it please email me at ash@ashleywood.com
It will be available at bambalandstore.com regardless.
It will be hardcover from now on, or until I change my mind.
Thanks for buying the first as its sold out at Diamond distributors !

Last hours of Ankou sales, so if you want one, just go to www.bambalandstore.com and pick him up!

Ashley about ENTREAT magazine:
"hardcover would have made it in the 60 buck range, and weigh too much for posting.
cant believe it sold out so quick !"

About FUCKIT 2 image in his art blog (posted above here):
"thats not the cover, thats an ad..
cover is still a work in progress !"

Mentioning possible cities of 3A show in USA and couple of magic words, which will make all the 3A supporters, who are going to SDCC crazy excited:
"LA, NYC would be the best I think
hey, I might be at SDCC.. so soon as its official ill crow about, and hopefully see some of you there..

Ankou is sold out at the Bambalandstore, currently Ashley Wood's "Chunky Bits" and Phil Hale's "Urge ourselves under" are on the sale at www.bambalandstore.com , as you read ENTREAT is sold out and nobody knows how long these ones would last at Bamba.

2nd anniversary Bambaboss is shipping out right now and will start to reach people soon.

Ashley answering to a question at SDCC Get together thread:
"yup"

Time to give some attention to - Badbot Manchester War, who was exclusive to 3A Gathering in Beijing, all photos made by our board member slimjim, different but equally cool versions of Badbot and Popbot, will be available at retail (check this month news for pics).

July - 2010  Slimjimbadbot3.thJuly - 2010  Slimjimbadbot2.thJuly - 2010  Slimjimbadbot.thJuly - 2010  Slimjimbadbot4.th

Ashley about Zomb.2:
"he is a zomb, they all kinda look similar, plus zomb is zomb, dont wanna trick him out too much, or change.. the new face make me smile.. so he is a winner !"

Looks like we have a name for Zomb.2 or a name for Zomb.2 variant:
"korma is my fav zomb.1
damn Korma is nice, BUT Tiki Masala is little better.. mmm
Masala zomb next !"

About reprinting first issue of ENTREAT magazine:
"tis gone, no reprints .."

Posting about SDCC exclusives he is hunting for:
"those giant 12" stormies from gentle giant are my target if I make, really want one.."
"doesnt work for me either"
"ohhh ill get one ~~~~~"

Information about SDCC exclusive WWRp Armstrong from toybot studios blog. If you interested in more pics, just check previous entries of this month's news.

July - 2010  Ttarmstrong.th

The masterminds behind 3A, Ash & Kim, decided to celebrate Toy Tokyo's 10th anniversary with this special WWRp Armstrong, just for SDCC 2010. You can see the 10Y (for 10 years) on the front as well as TT on the left arm shoulder joint, plus the Toy Tokyo logo on the back! Word is, that this is a very short run limited figure, and Toy Tokyo has decided to offer a majority of these special figures back to the 3A faithful! (which have already been offered and are spoken for). But, Toy Tokyo kept a few aside and will create a special lottery for 20 figures to be released in the Toy Tokyo anniversary 10's at SDCC. 10 will be offered on Thursday July 22 and 10 will be offered on friday July 23 for purchase, via a winning lottery number . Details of this lottery offering will be released on monday July 19. The WWRp ARMSTRONG will be priced at $79.00 (includes tax) and will be on display at booth 5437.

Ashley about Little Shadow shipping delay and that it will ship to the owners and August. Plus interesting info about new head for the Little Shadow from Adventure Kartel 4pack aka Adventure Saturday set (Beijing exclusive), which will be send to all the set owners, shortly after Little Shadow shipping.
"The adventure set had the wrong head, as we had many versions prior to the one you guys saw for the shadow sale, its a proto, used by error , and ill be replacing them all free of charge for AK set owners after Lil Shadow ships.
The cloths are taking forever, i apologize for the time taken, but as its all hand done, its a slow process and we cant really rush it, Shadow will ship in august, so not long really !
ill have some production models of all shadow version to show you guys soon"
"not wrong, just no tthe right version of head, still, a nice item I guess.
I just want my little shadows all the same"
"yes, thats the only set released."

Ashley posting about buying original 2000 AD art:
"cool stuff...
I just got the mother load...
I MEAN MOTHER FUCKING LOAD
mm ol fat boy dale is here..."
"im skint, BUT you gotta go for it when you can, coz stuff never comes around twice
you learn that lesson early in art dealing.
hints.. they rock, but you guys know this.. 2000ad originals, CANT BEAT EM ~!"

And about 2000 AD toys, which we will see more this year:
"they are toys, so they are gonna look like toys, not weird little humans and shit. I think there is a beauty in looking like a toy, 3A doesnt want to make realistic looking stuff.
Im confident that all our 2000ad toys will illicit a smile !"

3A 2nd Anniversary Bambaboss photos by Steveros and Jack Love Toys, now we know how both boxes look like:

July - 2010  Jacklovetoysbamba.thJuly - 2010  Jacklovetoysbamba4.thJuly - 2010  Steverosbamba.thJuly - 2010  Jacklovetoysbamba3.thJuly - 2010  Jacklovetoysbamba2.th

Ashley about mysterious Adventure Kartel figure Fighting JC!
"feet and fists are his weapons !"
"JC has a bandaged head and fists, who knows whats under there..."

Early photo of Fighting JC, we saw a while ago:

July - 2010  Jcft.th

Answering reprinting books:
"I might reprint the first in hardcover... if there is interest, ill see. dont wanna be stuck with em etc"

Ashley says that retail exclusive Dropcloths will ship in a week, just want to point out that i's a bit complicated process, customs might be involved and they are shipping to retailers first and then to people who bought them. So you have to train your patience a bit more, if you ordered one from your favorite retailer.
"the ship in a week and bit, so you will know soon !!"

WWRp Large Martin will ship in August, sorry for the delay, it's a very complicated toy and 3A wants to deliver top notch quality, as always. You will be impressed, when you will have them in your hand!
"martin in august, bloody complicated toy, the packaging alone was tough, factory had to work on so many different colorways. not long, you will have the MArtins stomping around !"

Ashley about AK Fighting JC looks:
"he has the godlife tat, and more ! hairm he has JC hair.. what else"

About FUCKIT and IDW publishing:
"IDW are great, they have been my buds since day one. FUCKIT is a different kettle of fuckit.. only I can do it."

Posting in Evangelion figures thread:
"man, imagine if I designed gundam..........."

One more about AK Fighting JC:
"bandaged as in , maybe the area a dodgy spikey crown might have been. maybe"

And another one in Evangelion figures thread:
"ash dont need no books tek.."

You can click all the quotes in blue, as they are hyperlinks and will lead to a place where Ashley said this, so that way you can understand the context better.

Got a word from one lucky boardie, who mentioned that he just got Beijing Badbot he bought at the bambalandstore in June! So if you were among the lucky few, who was able to buy VERY limited quantities of Beijing Badbot and AK 4pack, you goodies are on the way to you!

Ashley about quick ENTREAT magazine sell out:
"im actually surprised they sold out, to make printing affordable you cant just print 200, especially when its nearly 300 pages etc, i thought they might take 6 months to sell..."

I added a small photo uploading instruction to our board's welcome section, I hope that it's going to help, to our boardies who experience problems or don't know how to upload photos to our board.

Ashley about SDCC:
"looks like ill be there ( stil l need to 100% confirm but its looks good ), dunno when exactly as Im not flying into SD, ill try and update blog with info, or just hunt down scott eder's table
hope to see some boardies !

Some people keep thinking that 3A legionnaires and brotherhood are just simple words. But they aren't, we really are brotherhood and love our 3A brothers on the sisters. Being constantly on the board since the beginning, I have seen a good number of kind things our boardies did for each other, but here a fresh example for you (as it's better to see with your own eyes, than hear it from me), to show how our boardies take a good care of one another. Our board J3D1 opened up a special delivery package (without a name on it) and found Kuan ti Plume inside! He was extremely happy, since he missed one in Beijing and anonymous person send one to him for free, to make up for it.
Click here for the thread, where J3D1 is so surprised, that he can't believe it and bellow on a photo is a happy J3D1, next to his holy grails from Beijing, Kuan ti Plume and unknown food.

July - 2010  Happypaul.th

If you like podcasts, one of our board members - wraith1701, just finished recording his first 3A podcast, with the help from other our boardies. So if you have 90 minutes, don't hesitate to click here and check it our, and use this thread to talk about the podcast on the board. And just to make sure: that's not an official 3A podcast, it's made by our boardies, who did what they could to show their love for 3A.

Mr.12Fingers showing some touchscreen action in the video bellow, the touchscreen you see on the video, was specifically programmed by him for 3A Gathering and was on display in Beijing for everyone to use and he was always there, providing help and consultations if people had some questions. Check out the video on youtube. I strongly recommend, if you haven't, to check out mini-site devoted to 3A Gathering: http://www.threeaonline.com/gathering/ as well.

Ashley answering whether skinny jeans on Tommy effect his articulation:
"just like in real life !
the tight fit of fabric doesnt make for the most bendy legs, but thats a compromise I was willing to make, as I want the figures to look like my idea etc. Most people will pose in a standard standing pose I assume . But saying that I have seen some awesome photos of Tommy posed all sorts of ways etc..
blood nail is no different apart from tshirt and nail colors and I guess box."

WWR MK 2.5 Heavy Bramble is going to be the next release and we heard about color of one of the colorways (earlier we heard that there will be more than one). I can't wait for more WWR bots in my life!
"There is a blue one, though after weathering it might look kinda less blue !"
"not long til you see, Heavy is next up !"

Now we know even more about Heavy Bramble, it goes on sale on August 10th (pretty much sure, it's going to be same 9-00 AM Hong-Kong time as always, 280$ for one at www.bambalandstore.com . There will be two variants: Grave digger and Pink, Blue Bramble is for retail. There will be no 24 hours for 3AA members, but 3AA members will have some guaranteed time to buy one. It will be a very limited production run, so BE PREPARED!
"actually the heavu bramble sold on bambaland are GRave Digger and Pink

august 10th 280usd LIMITED PRODUCTION

they are not guaranteed for 24 hours as the are already in production to speed things up regarding delivery, ill give 3AA a grace period though, but bot 24 hours as these are a special case. an experiment almost to see how we can improve delivery."
"blue will be retail, later on."

We will see Heavy Bramble photos once Ashley is going to return home:
"next week for images, as im outta town till monday"

Ashley about carrying Heavy Bramble with him, on his journey to San-Diego:
"I would james, but he too bulky and heavy to lug around the world !!
plus im sure the RPG would have me stopped at every security point."

Answering on a question whether Gravedigger and Pink Bramble have any relations to the WWRp Brambles from WWRp Large Martin packs:
"same group, different brambles those are standard brambles, these are heavy etc"

Some information about SDCC exclusive Armstrong, for people who haven't been chosen by Toy Tokyo. There will be a raffle by Toy Tokyo for 20 WWRp Armstrongs, each 10 Armstrongs will be offered on Thursday on Friday. Here are more detailed rules from Toybot Studios blog:
The basic rules for the 3A Armstrong SDCC 2010 Exclusive are as follows:
Lottery tickets are available at 10:00 am Thurs and Fri (no tickets on weds nite) at Toy Tokyo Booth #5437
only 100 tickets will be given out. must have photo ID.
only 10 winners, for purchase on each day (thurs & fri).
different set of tickets each day.
one entry per person
no exhibitor badges
gimbat
gimbat
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gimbat Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:27 am

Ashley commenting on WWR Heavy Bramble colorways and how limited it will be. So if you want one, be there early on August 10th! It makes me wonder if Heavy Bramble numbers are smaller than first Deep Powder Bramble numbers, or Ashley meant that for each the colorways, we will wait and see:
"or ill sell blue as 3AA special
blue is cool, grave is cool, pink is well super cool
im tired, missed my plane due to shit connections, now I dont get into SD till friday.
boohoo"

"makes me feel sick kinda knightmare..
coz the heavies come in at numbers lower than any 1/6th bots so far im thinking ill release a third colorway for interested parties.
i hope that makes sense."

A couple of Adventure Saturday 4pack photos, from our boardies tigerfeet and johnnyhaggis, I think that Adventure Saturday 4pack, was one of the Beijing exclusive highlights, it's a pack which has all four released AK figures in one box (it's missing Ankou, but he was on pre-order later on) and even featuring a variant of Zombot, who we saw first as a chase of Boiler Zomb release!

July - 2010  Tigerak4pack2.thJuly - 2010  Tigerak4pack.thJuly - 2010  Johnnyak4pack.th

Photos I've found on Master Lok's Facebook, showing how is working on 1:1 Squares and Large Martin, for Beijing Gathering. FYI Lok is the mastermind behind color application we see on 3A toys!

July - 2010  Lok16.thJuly - 2010  Lok14.thJuly - 2010  Lok13.thJuly - 2010  Lok10.thJuly - 2010  Lok8.thJuly - 2010  Lok2.thJuly - 2010  Lok5.thJuly - 2010  Lok9.thJuly - 2010  Lok11.thJuly - 2010  Lok12.thJuly - 2010  Lok17.thJuly - 2010  Lok15.thJuly - 2010  Lok7.thJuly - 2010  Lok6f.thJuly - 2010  Lok4.thJuly - 2010  Lok3s.thJuly - 2010  Lok1s.th

Ashley gives us a little update on 3A and Coarsetoys collaboration progress:
"we are all close, the hardwork is done!
we are just staying quiet, and want to be ready to rock when we announce the figs."

Looks like 50 WWRp Square pack is really happening!!! What a sweet news for all WWRp fans!
"i need 50 designs !!!!
then its easy to make.. I want to do it, it will happen.. maybe for Christmas shipping ?"

Commenting about Lore, that's it's not only his book:
"his and T P LOUSIE..
She made that book.. I loved Lore too..."

previous news from this date are above

Ashley is gone to SDCC and here some info from his art blog:
Il be at SDCC from friday til sunday, Scot eder's art tables are a good place to find me.
Hope to see you there !

If you are going to SDCC and want to hang out with our boardies, here is a thread, where they are talking about organizing things and having fun.

Two WWRp Toy Tokyo SDCC exclusive Armstrong pics, one from jme7315.blogspot.com and the second one from toybotstudios.blogspot.com

July - 2010  Sdccarmstrong2.thJuly - 2010  Armstrongsdcc.th

And in case you haven't seen early tease of 3A and Coarsetoys collaboration here is a pic. To all people, who not feeling it, please keep in mind, that all could change, because it was a really early pic.

July - 2010  Coarse3a.th

Nothing much to write about today, Ashley is gone to SDCC and a board is a little bit silent. I was going today through SDCC videos, to catch a little bit of the excitement people are having there and stumbled upon this video from mimibot. And guess what I find there, our Bertie is a star and made it into recently released Brian McCarty book! A bit of info about this, Brian McCarthy is releasing book at SDCC, called "Art-Toys", here you can read more about this book and Brian was the one, who made exceptionally good photo of Desert Combat Bertie MK1, which you can see bellow.

July - 2010  Bertieisastar3.thJuly - 2010  Bertieisastar2.thJuly - 2010  Bertieisastar.thJuly - 2010  Bertiefromthebook.thJuly - 2010  Arttoys3.th

Some people, just don't realize how huge Heavy Bramble is and how big is his RPG! Here are few photos by Bajo-Ninja and size comparison of Bramble's hand next to an iPhone, done by ennui.
Ashley is currently at SDCC and was seen by many boardies at Scott Eder's booth, but once he is going to be back on Monday, you can expect new photos and info about Heavy Bramble. To remind you, Heavy Bramble goes on sale, on 10th of August, at www.bambalandstore.com , 280$ for one, and it's going to be limited release, however 3AA members will have some guaranteed time to buy him, but not 24 hours.

July - 2010  Bramble06.thJuly - 2010  Bramble03.thJuly - 2010  Bramble04.thJuly - 2010  Bramble05.thJuly - 2010  Bramble02.thJuly - 2010  Bramble01.thJuly - 2010  Brambleshand.th

Detailed review and lots, I mean LOTS of WWRp Toy Tokyo SDCC exclusive Armstrong photos, you can find at our board member toygodd's site, here our couple of photos from his review, to give you some taste.

July - 2010  Toygoddarm6.thJuly - 2010  Toygoddarm5.thJuly - 2010  Toygoddarm4.thJuly - 2010  Toygoddarm3.thJuly - 2010  Toygoddarm2.thJuly - 2010  Toygoddarm.th

Couple of two early photos of WWR Heavy Bramble, to warm you up, until Ashley returns home and gives us more photos and info to digest, plus photos of the WWR bots (Large Martin, Armstrong, Dropcloth and Square), next to regular Bramble, to give you some idea of the size comparison (keep in mind that Heavy Bramble is a bit bigger):

July - 2010  Heavygun.thJuly - 2010  Blurrr2.thJuly - 2010  Wwrbots2.thJuly - 2010  Wwrbot.th

And if you ever felt lost about AK Tommy and his t-shirt, our board member tigerfeet has a solution for you, here is his explanations and photos of all Tommies:

July - 2010  Tommies.th

from left to right.
Bloody Nails Tommy - Retail BBCN exclusive
Darklands Tommy - Special drop with Korma Zombie
Atrocity Tommy - Special drop, was going to be a chase inserted with the regular tommy the Ash changed his mind came with zombie also
Tracky Tommy - limited edition Tommy
Shadow Tommy - Came in the 4 pack Saturday AK set which was exclusive in Beijing although limited number was sold prior to show
Serpia Stains - Regular randomly inserted Tommy
Polaroids of Gray - Regular randomly inserted Tommy
Cluster Fucker - Regular randomly inserted Tommy

Ashley is back home from SDCC, but unfortunately he caught a flu there, let's all wish him health and fast recovery, here is the latest post from his blog:
Im Back

And of course I have a flu..grrrr
But, I have to say that was the best SDCC for me ever, a very different one, but great. I normally leave these things with a slight bummed or WTF feeling, but this time I feel great, everyone was nice, had some great chats, saw some great art by people I admire and spent time with good people !
I feel like I could take the whole Empire on..
And man, the Gentle Giant big-ass Stormtrooper is the shit!!!
cough , splutter, sneezeeeee!

Ashley is back and posting on the board, missed his presence so much!

Talking about 3AA exclusive TQ Reimi appearance and SDCC trip:
"you mean red TQ ?"
"dark reddish hair, long style
SDCC was great, really worth the trip.. fucking sick, but spent the day listening to the John Peel festive 50s, 1976 to 2004.. big thanks to Scary Andy for that.. awesome ~"

About showing Heavy Bramble photos:
"ill post some pics soon, but alas I dont have the final production toys yet, dont wanna show alphas."

Posting in AK Fighting JC thread:
"good ol JC"

Commenting about Complete Zombies vs Robots HC:
"that wasnt a con special was it, i didnt get one... pfft"

Here is an info about Complete Zombies vs Robots HC, from IDW site, for your convenience:
"The complete array of Wood/Ryall tales featuring zombies, robots, and amazons... as well as ineffectual human scientists, a lone infant survivor, a barbaric zombie minotaur, and even... a giant squid? Plus, an art gallery of covers and other pin-ups, now available in a special hardcover edition only at Comic-Con!"

Retail Dropcloths are shipping out this week to retailers! To remind you retail Dropcloths were: Commando Uncle 5, Deimos Liberator, Slaughterhouse, Panda Shocktrooper and Slim Red.
"yup shipping this week.. cant wait to get mine !!!!!!
cant wait to see photos guys !!"

Ashley about future female figure from Popbot Lasstranaut:
"lasstranaut dont wear no panties or pants..."

About marks on Jung de Plume hose:
"hose is probably oil from vinyl seeping out under heat etc, get warm in them freighters, should be fine in the air, being played with etc, not kept in a cardboard coffin like a treasure.
or I dunno.."

Commenting about upcoming WWR movie and who will direct it:
"actually i would be best, as i know it better than anyone.. will I get to do it... mm I would say not.."

Posting in Old art books of Ashley W. thread:
"ahhhh memories"
"sail has spoken"

And another shipping update, majority of 3A publishing books, which were sold at Bambaland (ENTREAT, Chunky Bits and Urge ourselves under) are shipping out this week, some of our boardies in Asia already got their books, they are going out with EMS shipping, which is freaking fast. Yes, you heard me right, EMS!

Speaking about boardies in Asia, here is an address, which is going to be a big news for them:
http://www.bambasia.com/
As I understand, it's going to be an Asian version of our beloved 3A official Bambaland store.

Ashley announced new WWR bot, we know his name - Caesar and that he is 14" in height and Rotchild 3rd generation bot!
"Caesar 14" bot coming soon....
Rothchild 3rd generation bot."

Please meet our new moderator and valuable addition to 3A board staff - gregory! Gregory is here from 18th of November, practically from the day, the board was started. And from day one, he did his best to help boardies around and to give the most definite answers on people questions. Let's welcome him to the team and don't forget, that now there are six mods at the board, so if you plan to misbehave think twice, hehe.

Looks like WWRp Blanc de Plumes from 3x3 set are going to ship out, to 3x3 WWRp Large Martin pack owners anytime now. I'll soon give you a more definite update about this.

Ashley about ENTREAT magazine and that 3A will not re-issue it, but next is Venture. We haven't heard about it for a some time, but it's going to be a magazine about 3A and 3A toys, but "Fuckit 2" is going to be released first. All this books and magazines, are going to be in 12 x 12 format, plus Ashley mentions "Attack" for a first time:
"all the big rez product shots are me, the smaller production shots, and hatchery are a few people, but some production shots are me as well. I did 99% of em.
regardless a book like this doesnt make it self, without Kim, Brent, benny and all the 3A crew, well there would not be the book or 3A.
The amount of requests wanting Entreat are through the roof today, wish we had more.. bummer"

"im not afraid of shit
3A dont re-issue. make it, sell it, own it, move on.
next is Venture !"
"first though is fuckit 2"
"12x12 is my new book size, looks like a LP..
Venture
Fuckit
Attack
all 12x12"[/color]

More information about new 14" WWR bot Caesar and Ashley haven't forgotten about Rotchild figure:
"they are leaders, really smart, agile..."
"not heavy, but have a new type of armor I guess... at least not seen so far"
"he is an evolution, rothchild never stands still..
its not throwing away the rothchild feel, but advancing it.
ill get a rothchild fig out soon..promise"
"classic ape photos, as a kid i could stand planet of the Apes, my brother loved it. but as I get older I grow very fond of it, the stupidity is awesome, off the scale, that is epic to me.."

check previous news for this date above, to read about Caesar and more

About upcoming WWR movie and how Ashley is excited about it:
"im actually not supposed to comment on this in a public arena ( but I forget sometimes) as Im involved and under a Disney contract. But hey, Im excited, and yes ill do all I can to make this a FUCKING CLASSIC SCI FI. which goes without saying.."

3A records text from 3A production blog, which goes out to all the talented designers, who want their toys and projects come, to life!
3A records
Well not really , but we are going to start “publishing for lack of a better term” other designers that fit in with 3A. We understand how tough it is for artists to get a break and hopefully we can help.

We have no formal rules figured out for this yet, and we cannot accept unsolicited material ( for many boring legal reasons ), we are going to work out a system asap , so hang in there.

In the meantime start thinking, drawing, whatever…

Ashley's graphic novel "Lore" is going to turn into a movie, I wonder when we are going to see figures from the "Lore"! Click here to read more.

Latest painting from Ashley's art blog, could it be WWRp Large Martin packaging? :

July - 2010  Lm3packslip.th

And gorgeous Lasstranaut as a month theme:

July - 2010  Headeraugust.th

To remind you one day we will see Lasstranaut in Popbot line and she will be GORGEOUS!

Speaking about WWRp Large Martin, we know that they will ship out in August and I got an update that WWRp Blanc de Plume to the 3x3 pack owners, will be shipped separately, before the main packs.

As you probably heard 3A publishing books: Entreat, Chunky bits and Urge ourselves under are landing everywhere in the world, they have been seen in Asia, Europe and US! If you ordered one and you haven't got it, give it couple of days and it will be there. Here is a pic of Entreat magazine and brown 3A shipping envelope, from DaNono. Don't know about you, but I love 3A brown boxes!

July - 2010  Danono.th

Ashley answering whether there will be a different box art for massive 3x3 WWRp Large Martin box:
"3x3 is 3 , 3pack boxes sail, the price of the set doesnt facilitate a giant box of its own.. we are running a thin line with these Large Martins.."

There is going to be a special Adventure Kartel story in Fuckit 2:
"Fuck it 2 has the a special AK story in it, for those interested."

About Tommy Mission comic in ENTREAT magazine:
"its the start of everything, the origin if you will.. though I dont spell it out in simple ABC.. but hey thats always been me.."

Telling about how he feels about box art:
"i do paintings for all sets, but sometimes the type treatment looks better..
really graphic boxes are my preference i think, but I do love to make them paintings too.
so yea, i try to mix it up.."

No Deep Powder or DIY for Heavy Bramble, which is going to be up for sale on August 12th 9-00 AM Hong-Kong time at www.bambalandstore.com :
"no deep for heavy...
no DIY"

Telling how Rotchild figure is shaping up:
"rothchild is powering along now, looks like a right turd, arrogant and classy, with boots... and armband.. have a think..
not long now!"

"oh im sure some wil get all pissy when they him"

Newest WWR bot we know about, 14" tall Caesar is going to be nothing like Popbot:
"nope, nothing like pop...
nor large.
buts it pure rothchild"

Black and GID Bamba will be up for sale today at www.bambalandstore.com
10 od each Bamba was discovered today in the office, they will be hitting Bambaland sometime today.. if your into it, pop over and take a peek.

Retail Dropcloth boxes:

July - 2010  Retail1.thJuly - 2010  Retail2.th

Pink Heavy Bramble teaser from 3A production blog:

July - 2010  Heavybrambletease.th

Ashleys shows a rare book of his and talks for a bit about it:

July - 2010  Raresnick.th

"first ever cafe press book, sold maybe 3.. then ended it"
"not enough chunky left to do anything with regarding sketched versions, plus time is thin.

no one really knew or cared about cafe press when I did that book"

To get rid of the confusion, it was mentioned earlier by Ashley, that Heavy Bramble drops on 10th of August, countdown timer at 3A blog, says that it's 12th of August, so until there is no correction or update, 12th of August 9-00 AM Hong-Kong time, remains a correct time of Heavy Bramble drop.

3A classic t-shirts, are back to www.bambalandstore.com , hurry up, until they are available. Who knows how long they will be up at the store, each t-shirt comes with an awesome Bertie freight container.
Here is a size reference for 3A t-shirts, since "L" size seems to be gone from the store, maybe XL will suit you as well.Bellow you can see the photo of black Bertie container, courtesy of our board member muhsashum, I think that this container alone is worth the money.

July - 2010  3asizechart.thJuly - 2010  Muhsashumbertie.th

August intro

In the aspect of news, July was probably the calmest month of the year, if we are not counting the storm after 3A Gathering in Beijing. August is going to be a hot summer month, you will see. I'll write the intro for August tonight and summarize what awaits us, like I always do.

Now just don't forget, how much 3A goodness, awaits us on 12th of August, 9-00 AM Hong-Kong time at www.bambalandstore.com , when Heavy Bramble comes out to play! You can check 3A blog for countdown timer or use this conversion site, to get the correct time for your location. For new customers, who haven't bought anything at Bambalandstore, I recommend to create an account first and write their shipping/billing information, to make checkout procedure faster, since this release is going to be really limited. And don't forget that Bambalandstore accepts only Paypal.

Have a great Monday, thank you for being on our board and see you soon in my August column.
gimbat
gimbat
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum