World of 3A Legion Outpost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WW7174 sets

+19
zzzzz
ESeffinga
IronChap
gregory
zendeluxe
mattyp
Grish
Chivo
zbrushman
3a_boltman
Mr. Rictus
gar
SzuTsung
LV-426
UsedUniverse
illproxy
gundamben831
Oneluckyboy
gimbat
23 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

WW7174 sets - Page 3 Empty Re: WW7174 sets

Post by illproxy Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:31 am

^^always awesome zzzzz! Cool

show me the LOREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE !!!!! anxious to see.
illproxy
illproxy
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

WW7174 sets - Page 3 Empty Re: WW7174 sets

Post by Vaxillus Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:48 pm

WW7174 sets - Page 3 20170111

So this massive box arrived, I never white realized how big the WBR line really is. I open it up and everything's going great until his left foot which has a tighter joint than the right. I'd heard rumors that the Mars series has issues standing and that doesn't seem like it will be the case with Titan. Then this happens...

WW7174 sets - Page 3 20170110

This little bit of plastic in the middle of the massive double ball joint was the only actual connecting piece on the foot supporting a 3 FOOT TALL FIGURE! The struts on the side are supposed to plug in for a tight, rigid fit, but when the stress is perpendicular to this (i.e., the direction to move the foot forward and backwards) OF COURSE IT'S GOING TO BREAK! Who thought this was a good idea?????

WW7174 sets - Page 3 20170112

On the bright side it's an easy fix with some epoxy, the piece otherwise plugs right back in to the other part of the ball joint. Gonna need to loosen the ball sucket somehow though, they're way too tight. Now I'm just praying the TK Hunter has better engineering.

Apart from the infuriating disappointment from the immediate breakage, the set is pretty stellar. I'll try and take some photos later before I pack it into storage until I have a more reasonable living space later this year. It's BIG with a capital BIG.
Vaxillus
Vaxillus
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3