World of 3A Legion Outpost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TO ARMS, Guardians!

+43
medusoid
gundamben831
TheTooN
Swarf
illadvised
Rad Toy Review
counterfeit
EAdrian
Hogarth
expathos
Duymon
Wooly
raveer
wutasi
Skipper11x
dextercat69
PiggyV01
Chivo
kreig_gear
Drip
kroy
x43x
gregory
joe950
spizzness
dbpom
illproxy
Nothing
noveltycross
gimbat
Cthulhu
BarrowRoll
EroticSushi
DannyB
papamadoo
Devours
RestlessEye
666ways2love
dr_vandermeer
senzan
Gwahir
fadeworks
ianross
47 posters

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

TO ARMS, Guardians! - Page 3 Empty Re: TO ARMS, Guardians!

Post by papamadoo Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:17 pm

gregory wrote:Talked to the Engineer today -

The Titan uses a standard 12" Body, different body used than on the Halo line

Comes with one Gun holding hand, the image with the Hawkmoon is not the gun holding hand. Odd choice from the photographer

Legs can swing forward 85-90 degrees, knees can bend 100 - 110 degrees

Hope that helps assuage any concerns

Thank for the Info its really appreciated Smile
papamadoo
papamadoo
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by kroy Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:48 pm

Hey Gims long time no see....  Finally a picture and pre-order date. after almost a year Razz i like it, it looks cool, not a big fan of the color bungie chose, but that will do, i hope 3A makes the other characters the Hunter and Warlock Very Happy

PS. make them all male characters Cool
kroy
kroy
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by Cthulhu Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:11 pm

Comes with one Gun holding hand, the image with the Hawkmoon is not the gun holding hand. Odd choice from the photographer

Think we can get some better pictures of this things true range of motion, Ash can toss them up on his IG or just multiple candid photos here to give us a better idea? I really want to like this, just need to see the truth of the matter before I can commit anymore $$$. Can the thing pose well, or is it a "statuesque" figure?
Cthulhu
Cthulhu
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by gimbat Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:40 pm

kroy wrote:Hey Gims long time no see....  Finally a picture and pre-order date. after almost a year Razz i like it, it looks cool, not a big fan of the color bungie chose, but that will do, i hope 3A makes the other characters the Hunter and Warlock Very Happy

Long time no see indeed, I hope all is well on your side!
gimbat
gimbat
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by papamadoo Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:30 pm

kroy wrote:

no DDDDD: :p
papamadoo
papamadoo
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by EroticSushi Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:40 pm

So is there not going to be a LOOKBOOK?

EroticSushi
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by gimbat Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:48 pm

EroticSushi wrote:So is there not going to be a LOOKBOOK?

I don't have the info yet, but usually we have LOOKBOOKs for majority of licensed figures.

Perhaps Gregory can comment more about this later.
gimbat
gimbat
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DannyB Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:22 am

Cthulhu wrote:

Think we can get some better pictures of this things true range of motion, Ash can toss them up on his IG or just multiple candid photos here to give us a better idea? I really want to like this, just need to see the truth of the matter before I can commit anymore $$$. Can the thing pose well, or is it a "statuesque" figure?

The fact that they are using a standard body gives me a sigh of relief. The titan still looks like a statue but may play more like a sideshow toys stormtrooper, due to it's layered construction.

Now I'm even more pumped to see how the hunter and warlock turn out. More cloth will equal better pose ability, I just hope they add a wire to the hunter cloak, and the warlock's trench coat for that matter.
DannyB
DannyB
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by EroticSushi Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:59 am

DannyB wrote:
Cthulhu wrote:

The fact that they are using a standard body gives me a sigh of relief. The titan still looks like a statue but may play more like a sideshow toys stormtrooper, due to it's layered construction.

Now I'm even more pumped to see how the hunter and warlock turn out. More cloth will equal better pose ability, I just hope they add a wire to the hunter cloak, and the warlock's trench coat for that matter.
Toy companies need to stop using rubber on these figures in general. They offer no benefits at all compared to just using cloth. They wear, tear and restrict possibility in the long run.

Happy to see this is on a standard body with a cloth suit underneath. Hope they get rid of rubber for all future releases. Warlock and Hunter will hopefully have full cloth and no rubber on them for their attire. Their cape and robe should be cloth. Wire cloth would be a nice bonus so that we can pose it.

EroticSushi
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by gregory Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:28 am

In general 3A does not use rubber, we use a soft vinyl

I don't have an answer at this time regarding a Lookbook. If/when there is one, it'll be on the blog
gregory
gregory
Admin

https://www.instagram.com/gregoryprout/

Back to top Go down

Post by noveltycross Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:40 am

"Soft Vinyl" Sounds like Doublespeak for rubber.

Im sure its just chemical composition that makes it different, But what makes the quality stand up better then other instances we have seen before?
noveltycross
noveltycross
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by illproxy Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:02 am

we were told its the same as on cables, like cpu cables and the like which hold up well over time. somehow the vers used on figures do not as we have seen with peeling of the paint on the IM etc

soft vinyl or rubber hidden joints just enough already, stop. it doesnt hold up, causes many issues and just encourages buyers to sit firmly on the fence.

Last edited by illproxy on Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:10 am; edited 1 time in total
illproxy
illproxy
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by papamadoo Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:05 am

noveltycross wrote:"Soft Vinyl" Sounds like Doublespeak for rubber.

Im sure its just chemical composition that makes it different, But what makes the quality stand up better then other instances we have seen before?

nan, I would say the last batch of 1/12 AK hand and queeny was in soft vynil. you can deform it a bit.

they are not actualy solid, better if you want to put weapon in hand because they can deform a bit.

my TK archery is full vynil and the first batch of 1/12 zombs was aswell they can'really change the shape of hand without breaking.

soft vynil do seem to have a weird reaction on paint and get sticky.
papamadoo
papamadoo
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by Nothing Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:15 am

BarrowRoll wrote:I would have really liked it if 3A had gone with the designs from the character creation screen. That's the definitive look of each class for me.
 They should have made it look just like my guy.
Nothing
Nothing
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Nothing Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:16 am

kroy wrote:Hey Gims long time no see....  Finally a picture and pre-order date. after almost a year Razz i like it, it looks cool, not a big fan of the color bungie chose, but that will do, i hope 3A makes the other characters the Hunter and Warlock Very Happy

$100 says the warlock will be female and the hunter will be male.
Nothing
Nothing
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by kroy Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:27 am

Nothing wrote:

$100 says the warlock will be female and the hunter will be male.  

Nice!!! Very Happy as long as the Hunter turns out to be a EXO male i'm all good bro Cool Laughing
kroy
kroy
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by papamadoo Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:40 am

the thing that I would love for these guys would have been the bamba exclu was a helmetless head.

3 class 3 races,

and you can switch them !. if you get them all !.

and Huntress for the win every other altenative is Heresi !
papamadoo
papamadoo
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by dbpom Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:57 am

I had my hopes high for this but after seeing what happened to Chief (after seeing videos from forum members I sent mine back, didn't even open it) I'll give myself the right to expect the worse.

Even if 3A says they'll use the standard bodies I remember the floppy standard bodies of late, are these the old 3A bodies or the new ones? Another worry is the soft vinyl (=rubber), it hasn't worked on any 3A's figure yet.

I know I sound sour and I'm sorry for that, it's just that with all the Chief hype I finally opened my Commando (halo's first bamba exclusive) and found that iit's just as statuesque as chief seems to be, the torso torsion and ab crunch are there but don't work (thanks rubber soft vinyl), the paint peels off the soft vinyl "rubber" on the ankles and I found a tear on the left hip, right under the waist armour. Pretty disappointed. The lights work fine, the weak magnet is there and the figure is wobbly as hell (no stand no shelf - got an enterbay stand for it). The only artics working are the arms, knees (if you bend the fig doesn't stand), neck (side to side is fine, up and down barely) and arms are fine (the elbow don't bend much, only enough).

I'm sorry for throwing it up here, I'm just a little sad. I'll repost it on the halo place here.
dbpom
dbpom
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by spizzness Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:13 am

dbpom wrote:I had my hopes high for this but after seeing what happened to Chief (after seeing videos from forum members I sent mine back, didn't even open it) I'll give myself the right to expect the worse.

Even if 3A says they'll use the standard bodies I remember the floppy standard bodies of late, are these the old 3A bodies or the new ones? Another worry is the soft vinyl (=rubber), it hasn't worked on any 3A's figure yet.

I know I sound sour and I'm sorry for that, it's just that with all the Chief hype I finally opened my Commando (halo's first bamba exclusive) and found that iit's just as statuesque as chief seems to be, the torso torsion and ab crunch are there but don't work (thanks rubber soft vinyl), the paint peels off the soft vinyl "rubber" on the ankles and I found a tear on the left hip, right under the waist armour. Pretty disappointed. The lights work fine, the weak magnet is there and the figure is wobbly as hell (no stand no shelf - got an enterbay stand for it). The only artics working are the arms, knees (if you bend the fig doesn't stand), neck (side to side is fine, up and down barely) and arms are fine (the elbow don't bend much, only enough).

I'm sorry for throwing it up here, I'm just a little sad. I'll repost it on the halo place here.

Yea everyone who is talking about buying hunters and other people from the game seem brainwashed. This figure wont be anything you want it to be. You will stand him up right and up right ONLY. He looks good but it isn't what you want. Look at the MC thread on this and other forums to see what you are buying. Demand change or else this product will not be what you want.

I want an on hands video of this prototype. Who else does? Who else wants to see what they're paying $190? Show us a video. a 2 minute video will take 2 minutes to make and upload.

spizzness
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by x43x Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:36 am

Where did you get your inside information from Spizzness? You seem to know everything about this figure that hasn't even gone on sale yet.
x43x
x43x
BST Mod

http://x43x.com

Back to top Go down

Post by illproxy Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:46 am

many like spizness are probably judging this based on the track record of recent halo MC figure released which appears to the customer(us) to have a similar design/build. sadly that figure was reported to be a nightmare inhand and very disappointing.

if your not drowning in the kool-aid its obvious as to why alot are apprehensive about this release and are being vocal about it, not just here but all over(ss freaks, Fb etc)
illproxy
illproxy
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by papamadoo Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:50 am

You know what ?.

I am asking Greg or Gimbat to make a Rent threat somewhere in to forum. where those downer reply can live.

Its starting to get really annoying. the problem is not the rent itself but more the fact that people obloviously think people had to be reminded every said post, or threat.

Most people know about the halo line, Most of the people here are not just buying on the spot they are aware of what they are chipped in.

So Please just stop. We don't just ask question for the trill of it, and Gimb and Greg are kind enough to tell us what they know about the product. And we make our mind base on fact more then grumpy misadventure.
papamadoo
papamadoo
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by dbpom Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:14 am

papamadoo wrote:You know what ?.

I am asking Greg or Gimbat to make a Rent threat somewhere in to forum. where those downer reply can live.

Its starting to get really annoying. the problem is not the rent itself but more the fact that people obloviously think people had to be reminded every said post, or threat.

Most people know about the halo line, Most of the people here are not just buying on the spot they are aware of what they are chipped in.

So Please just stop. We don't just ask question for the trill of it, and Gimb and Greg are kind enough to tell us what they know about the product. And we make our mind base on fact more then grumpy misadventure.

We're not renting away as you said, maybe some are but not me, I'm expressing my concern for a figure I'd definitely buy had I more information about it. Everything I post here that I feel could be better or problems had with figs I send to CS so I consider myself trying to improve the figures you and our buddies here get.

I'm contrary to the thought we should fix our figures, and as an advertiser I know that pictures sell products but there is a limit to what you can do on the pics before being sued.

If a rent thread is needed then we also need I blind praise thread for those that no matter what they still buy before knowing if it's a cart or a car.

The mods are very helpful and I believe they answer us whatever doubt we have, but are only able to tell us what they've been told. Maybe 3A's engineer or whoever is responsible for the design and product specs is to blame the lack of info.

A demo video of the figs would be nice (sentinel did it with their ultramen fig). Real pics of what the fig can do would be good too.

Before those who think I should stop buying tell me to do that I'll say I've bought around 21 (per Year) 3A figs a couple years back, last year were 13 maybe and this year I have 4 (WWR bots only) if I count 3AA and I dropped out of TKLUB. Thats how supportive I am when I'm not pleased with the products I buy. And if anyone cares to read around the threads they'll see that I'm one of many doing that. Even if I stop buying from 3A I'll stick to the forum for the chats and nice folks hanging about.
dbpom
dbpom
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by spizzness Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:35 am

I've had many 3A original figures. But they do not share the same quality that these new licenses\d figures share. I'm trying to help the customer and company by being warry of the product at hand. I would love a thread dedicated to people who can give their honest concerns and complaints of the figures without fear of being banned. Such place exists and it is the SSfreaks forum. Hopefully we can do the same on this forum

spizzness
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by gregory Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:39 am

Deleted it in this thread since it is off topic and it was spammed in multiple other threads. Kept the one in the Halo thread
gregory
gregory
Admin

https://www.instagram.com/gregoryprout/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next