World of 3A Legion Outpost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bertie MK2

+85
zendeluxe
Hogarth
rudi_bot
Mr. Rictus
zbrushman
cision23
gundamben831
nollieef
gunm
theparallax
Albino
666ways2love
battlemonkey
GrandpaStern
Shit Narnia
Sixfish
MrJack
Mouse9090
bubs67
Argentix
illproxy
ozz
chiowhon
papamadoo
abex44
ggmm76
Artoo
Chivo
joe950
Bassnoir
Crem
Dar Wolfram
dextercat69
Reks36
goddamnanalog
spizzness
Sideglide
dtrain
card
pezbanana
Beats n Dahbi
Plastic Robo
Kedao
Matrix
x43x
Skipper11x
thumbtack82
Jahright
IronChap
Danz
koonfasa
Firehazzard
Toolarmy
DT2
Drip
geisT
SpiderPig
UsedUniverse
noveltycross
wutasi
Deus Machina
gregory
zzzzz
ESeffinga
Beaumont
3Afan
Musahi13
soulburn
Wooly
ANWOT
counterfeit
ennui
Jandrolex
Cthulhu
DinoDino
Oneluckyboy
ianross
Knightjar
beeto bot
Beeratt
fluppeco
Dolly
Dutch Merc
gar
gimbat
89 posters

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

Bertie MK2 - Page 10 Empty Re: Bertie MK2

Post by abex44 Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:58 am

Look at TK Klub 2........
Still going on with no visible end in sight.
I shudder to think of DDv2
2019 sounds accurate.

abex44
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by IronChap Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:11 am

That's why I was happy to just by #1 and be done with it. I don't have space for 12 of the same thing anyway, let alone the patience to budget the cash for them when there's no kind of reliable schedule for the sales and plenty of other shit out there I want.
IronChap
IronChap
Tomorrow King

http://www.collectathingy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Skipper11x Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:57 pm

I've been skipping sales like the 3a SDCC stuff because I know they can drop a Bertie at a few days notice but how about a hint even? The last one was in Feb, they have the first five ready to go so why the hold up, it's not like any of them will ship on time either anyway so c'mon give us something!!!
Skipper11x
Skipper11x
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by ESeffinga Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:15 pm

I think they were hoping to put at least the first release of DD in people's hands before offering up the 3rd. I believe that was the last thing I'd read about it officially. If for no other reason, I think it's probably a good idea for 3A to make sure people are happy with them before they continue onward.

Given that there's been no mention of either of the first two Berties being completed any time soon, and looking at the monster list of items backed up in production... and then the track record of floppy parts and other ongoing issues that they are continuing to correct and send out replacements for. Well, as bummed as I am that MK2 #3 hasn't dropped yet, on the flip side I'm glad 3A hasn't continued digging that hole even deeper. If the Deeds show up with joint issues, paint issues, molding issues, packing issues, etc. and we continue buying the series sight unseen, #3, #4, #5... that's just asking for trouble. I'd love to see this pause they started a couple months back continue until they are on firmer ground.

Looking realistically at zzzzz's color coded ship schedule, there's so many 1st and 2nd quarter items pushed into the 3rd quarter, they actually outnumber the items scheduled for the 3rd quarter. So, I'm not expecting the third drop until this fall at the soonest. I'm half expecting we see the 1st Deeds ship by the Japan show in September. Fingers crossed for that. Maybe a DD #3 before the end of the year if it works out?

I was so excited by the prospect of 1 release a month. Bummed that didn't happen, but not surprised. Kinda sad to see 3A in such a struggle half way into the year though. I was hoping this year really would see good changes on the production side of things. But until a bunch of that red goes away, and more of the outstanding issues are worked out on already shipped items, it all continues pressure, and that pressure creates a rush to keep up. And things get overlooked in a rush. And that creates more, and the backup continues and worsens.

Right now ThreeA fans all want more. More of what THEY are into. More Halo, more 2000AD, more Paschas, more WWR, more Marvel, etc. Lotta pent up demand and frustration that it's not happening fast enough. But I'm kinda finding myself on the opposite side of things now. I love ThreeA to pieces. For all it's flaws and frustrations, at the core of it I came for AW's art, and it's physical manifestation. And I would love nothing more than for them to be able to make less. Sell less, and be able to catch back up to a degree that things aren't so harried. So it can be fun again.

My personal fear is that so much has been taken on, and so many sandboxes are being played in, that the hatchery can't keep up with the ideas, the license deals and the complexity of so much new creation in a finite time span. How many other small toy companies create this kind of variety of product with as small a staff as 3A is? I can't think of any off the top of my head. My hat is off to them for being fearless and chasing a dream and chasing the fun, but it's starting to feel like it's not quite as much fun for a lot of people any more, and that makes me worry. Worry for my friends at 3A, and I just hope the best for them.

I'm going to be patient. I'll play the waiting game. Been around since the board started. Was forever between the release of DD Mk2 1:12 and the first sale of Mk2 DD in 1:6. if it takes a few more years, I'll kick back and grab what comes along. It's just toys after all. I'm not entitled to anything but what I've paid for, and as long as it gets to me and is quality... I'm a happy camper.
But that's just me.
ESeffinga
ESeffinga
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by Kedao Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:50 pm

I think what frustrating the most is they're able to pumping all those pascha figures while everything else are behind.
Kedao
Kedao
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by koonfasa Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:51 pm

I decided to skip the first two because it was going to be a drop a month. I didn't really want to commit to a Bertie each month knowing what else was coming... but I sure wouldn't mind one.
koonfasa
koonfasa
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahright Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:41 pm

Check Ash's Instagram he answered about first DD release
I can't post screenshot from phone:(
Jahright
Jahright
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by Beats n Dahbi Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:57 pm

Bertie MK2 - Page 10 F43BupMl
Beats n Dahbi
Beats n Dahbi
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by counterfeit Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:58 pm

damn, DD 3 this friday?
counterfeit
counterfeit
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by gar Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:59 pm

Nice

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ESeffinga Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:49 pm

So much for waiting until we had 1 in hand... Wink
ESeffinga
ESeffinga
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by fluppeco Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:23 pm

put that info on the blog, #nolessonslearnt. so simple to avoid new shit storms. argh.
fluppeco
fluppeco
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by fluppeco Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:48 pm

ESeffinga wrote:How many other small toy companies create this kind of variety of product with as small a staff as 3A is? I can't think of any off the top of my head. My hat is off to them for being fearless and chasing a dream and chasing the fun

being fearless is cute but not commendable. I wish I could tip off my head to 3A for handling their growth successfully and expanding with their customer base but that seems to not have happened, they are the only ones responsible for how they are perceived.
fluppeco
fluppeco
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by Oneluckyboy Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:47 pm

hehe...well..i guess we got our heads up!
Oneluckyboy
Oneluckyboy
BST Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by ESeffinga Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:08 am

They are, though that's far from my point.

The damage is done on the shipped items that were screwed up, and they are attempting to fix those. My point in THE Bertie thread is that 3A has so many fans clamoring for so much product now, they can't catch up, and that for my part I would much rather wait for them to catch up than to keep hammering them with questions of "where's my Bertie", because all that hammering (justified or not), just keeps making things worse. And I fully raise my hand as someone that's been hammering them over and over about wanting the 3rd Bertie to drop. Call me offender #1. I'll own that. I've had a change of heart.

What I see looking through the threads on this board and generally online is that there's as much call for ThreeA to ship stuff now, and make more stuff . If they slow up, people take to Instagram to bug Ash and the Staff over where's this or that?

Are people justified for being antsy over missed ship dates? Sure. Kinda always been this way, but sure. Do they deserve to be downright pissed over the toys that arrive with major issues? I don't think anyone disputes either of those or how it makes 3A look.

I still have a ton of respect for ThreeA and their attempt to get on the highwire again and again, even if I feel disappointed in what ultimately arrives (or doesn't). I can understand others not having the same respect, but I don't think we all have the same outloook on life, or place the same kinds of importance on things. If we did, the world would be far too homogenous for me. Smile
ESeffinga
ESeffinga
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by illproxy Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:31 am

so the third is the RPG dd yeah?

im good with just the one(#2) but have been tempted by idea of one on each side of my nom 4. but sure as shit will wait to see how that #2 is inhand before considering another....

fluppeco wrote:
ESeffinga wrote:How many other small toy companies create this kind of variety of product with as small a staff as 3A is? I can't think of any off the top of my head. My hat is off to them for being fearless and chasing a dream and chasing the fun

being fearless is cute but not commendable. I wish I could tip off my head to 3A for handling their growth successfully and expanding with their customer base but that seems to not have happened, they are the only ones responsible for how they are perceived.

agreed.
illproxy
illproxy
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by fluppeco Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:30 am

ESeffinga wrote:They are, though that's far from my point.

The damage is done on the shipped items that were screwed up, and they are attempting to fix those. My point in THE  Bertie thread is that 3A has so many fans clamoring for so much product now, they can't catch up, and that for my part I would much rather wait for them to catch up than to keep hammering them with questions of "where's my Bertie", because all that hammering (justified or not), just keeps making things worse.  And I fully raise my hand as someone that's been hammering them over and over about wanting the 3rd Bertie to drop. Call me offender #1. I'll own that. I've had a change of heart.

What I see looking through the threads on this board and generally online is that there's as much call for ThreeA to ship stuff now, and make more stuff . If they slow up, people take to Instagram to bug Ash and the Staff over where's this or that?

Are people justified for being antsy over missed ship dates? Sure. Kinda always been this way, but sure. Do they deserve to be downright pissed over the toys that arrive with major issues? I don't think anyone disputes either of those or how it makes 3A look.

I still have a ton of respect for ThreeA and their attempt to get on the highwire again and again, even if I feel disappointed in what ultimately arrives (or doesn't). I can understand others not having the same respect, but I don't think we all have the same outloook on life, or place the same kinds of importance on things. If we did, the world would be far too homogenous for me. Smile

I like these spun out thought bubbles, you should consider an editorial career, really.

I get were you're coming from, Being so close (being part of the online team) to 3A/Ashley, having the perks (or paycheck) that came with that, that is such a different relationship than 99.99% of 3A fans. I hope you realize that too.
fluppeco
fluppeco
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by ESeffinga Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:02 am

True, though I haven't done that for a couple years FWIW. I stepped back for a number of reasons, but I was burned out and hanging up the hat was best for me. I do still consider those guys my pals though. The mods. You are right that different bonds and ralationships are forged through an experience like that.

I think my viewpoint is colored less as a former Mod and more as an art collector. Something I did for many years before getting involved with ThreeA, and something I've done after. It's a different mindset when you are used to dealing with the whims and inconsistencies of "artist types". Customer service is a foreign concept as often as not, but the rewards of the wait and having "things made right" often outbalances the bad, as frustrating as the bad may seem at the moment I am in it. Even when it drags on seemingly ceaselessly for years. And yeah, I'm still talking about art. But the parallels are strong.
ESeffinga
ESeffinga
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by gimbat Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:08 am

ESeffinga wrote:I do still consider those guys my pals though. The mods

One big HUG for you mister!
gimbat
gimbat
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ESeffinga Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:12 am

Smile

Now what we need is fer Mr AW to post up some Bertie pics or some such to get us all in the mood.
ESeffinga
ESeffinga
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by Oneluckyboy Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:24 am

^PLEASE!!!!! With a Cherry(bomb)on top!
Oneluckyboy
Oneluckyboy
BST Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Artoo Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:52 am

Do you think that once these start shipping and people see how well (or not) they're made, the drops might happen more regularly? I mean it's pretty much just a change of decals and weapons right?
Artoo
Artoo
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by abex44 Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:55 am

I find it sad that I now have to ponder if what I am buying from threeA will be worth it w/ potential QC issues.

I miss the days of buying everything that dropped and being more than satisfied with my purchase months later.
Buying confidence gone. I miss those old days.

abex44
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by illproxy Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:54 am

we all do abex, we all do....
on a positive note frees up loot to spend on other cool non threeA stuff.

im hoping that recent painting of the Dd holding Roths head is the box art for #2. had same dome decal.
illproxy
illproxy
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by Cthulhu Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:35 am

speaking on the subject of QC related issues, mainly note that its pretty much just the male bodies that suffer. I havent had any issue with the female figures, but I havent bought too many either. Bots have always been solid in terms of quality. But in a world of rising cost, budget quotas and bottom lines, I pray these Dirty Deed's aren't done dirt cheap... Gotta have Faith...
Cthulhu
Cthulhu
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next