World of 3A Legion Outpost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TK HUNTER discussion

+57
gar
Argentix
dtrain
theparallax
Sideglide
abex44
Joshimus
<{OjO}>
BRiZL
Hogarth
EdGein
Tsuba
crucial1
Oneluckyboy
PiggyV01
Firehazzard
666ways2love
aconners1
Danz
ennui
Mr. Rictus
Vaxillus
Skipper11x
thumbtack82
UsedUniverse
Plastic Robo
Crem
koonfasa
Chivo
BlackBellamy
illproxy
3a_boltman
3Afan
chiowhon
papamadoo
Jubal285ive
Deus Machina
counterfeit
ESeffinga
zzzzz
gregory
les_trois_as
ianross
Knightjar
Wooly
Cthulhu
geisT
Mouse9090
gundamben831
Ce
wutasi
fluppeco
bubblegumking
Albino
bianco
grimrealities
gimbat
61 posters

Page 13 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16 ... 20  Next

Go down

TK HUNTER discussion  - Page 13 Empty Re: TK HUNTER discussion

Post by illproxy Sat May 28, 2016 2:13 am

how can one with a 1/12 Tk be same price as one w/o? just whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
illproxy
illproxy
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by geisT Sat May 28, 2016 3:51 am

illproxy wrote:how can one with a 1/12 Tk be same price as one w/o? just whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

"Because....of reasons..." lol!

Maybe a signed Vali postcard/poster/print/sketch would be a cool Bamba exclusive...
geisT
geisT
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by 3a_boltman Sat May 28, 2016 3:53 am

I would take a "flesh is fucked" shirt at the least with Vali
3a_boltman
3a_boltman
Oyabun

http://oltmandesign@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by geisT Sat May 28, 2016 4:11 am

3a_boltman wrote:I would take a "flesh is fucked" shirt at the least with Vali

YO, Sir!
Cool
geisT
geisT
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by gimbat Sat May 28, 2016 4:54 am

illproxy wrote:how can one with a 1/12 Tk be same price as one w/o? just whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

As Gregory pointed out, it was never intended to be offered at Bambaland and was supposed to be retail exclusive without Action Portable TK and with the same SRP, as Mortis Mobile Infantry TK Hunter Mark 6 Death Mask Hack.

People requested for Vali to be offered at Bamba and now it's coming to Bamba as well. In my understanding it's a great thing, 3AA members can enjoy benefits of 3AA discount while purchasing Vali + you can't beat Free Worldwide Shipping (which would be $$$ for such a huge figure).

gregory wrote:The Death Mask Hack with TK edition is a Bambaland exclusive.

Vali was not intended to be sold on Bambaland, it was to only be sold at retail as a single figure with the same SRP. Enough people requested it be available on Bamba, so now it will be on Bamba.

Last edited by gimbat on Sat May 28, 2016 5:56 am; edited 1 time in total
gimbat
gimbat
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by illproxy Sat May 28, 2016 5:07 am

yeah i get that gimbs. Smile

my question is how can it be even possible from a production stand point to price the vali same as the one that has another figure included? was it considered on how odd that looks to customers? would assume that vali should be cheaper cuz ya know is doesnt include a extra figure that needs to be produced and packed with it.

yes its great threeA listened and offered vali as well. understood, that has nada to do with my question.
illproxy
illproxy
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooly Sat May 28, 2016 5:17 am

No (ghost)horse in this race for me,... but come on guys(3A),....

At least come up with a better answer than "Vali and Death Mask are the same price because you guys wanted Vali on Bamba."
I was all good and ready for the answer to be, "The Death Mask Hunter actually comes with a free APTK" Cool

Now there you go Legion,.... think about it,....  heheh
Wooly
Wooly
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooly Sat May 28, 2016 7:25 am

Seriously though, even though my comment above had 65% snark in it, that's really how I'd look at it. The price is the price and you're getting a free lil guy with the DM Hack.

I'm a little jealous for all of you who'll be able to swing this purchase.
For me personally, I just can't get sold the 1000% that I need to be for the colorway choices on a price tag this high. Maybe that OG yellow/white would've got me but I'm just not able to do it.
Either way, this is going to be amazing to see in people's collections.
Looks like this big bot can get low too!
Wooly
Wooly
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by Chivo Sat May 28, 2016 8:24 am

I think here is the answer you guys want:  You see 3A has to travel to  Ochreland in order to mine nuggets of the golden yellow/orange pigment used in Vali's paint job, while your ordinary local market charcoal briquette is used for the Deathmask paint apps.  Thus same pricing, yet difference in inherent value. tongue
Actually now that I think of it, aren't there actually paint cost differences due to difference in costs of pigments?
Chivo
Chivo
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by <{OjO}> Sat May 28, 2016 8:46 am

I think what 3A are saying, is that we should just be grateful they are allowing us to buy the colorway of our choice!! scratch
<{OjO}>
<{OjO}>
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by chiowhon Sat May 28, 2016 8:51 am

Maybe we can all accept that the TK figure is Ash's way of thanking all 2016 members for their brand loyalty  n also incentivise others to join 3A membership the coming years. Very Happy

chiowhon
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by Argentix Sat May 28, 2016 4:31 pm

illproxy wrote:yeah i get that gimbs. Smile

my question is how can it be even possible from a production stand point to price the vali same as the one that has another figure included? was it considered on how odd that looks to customers? would assume that vali should be cheaper cuz ya know is doesnt include a extra figure that needs to be produced and packed with it.

yes its great threeA listened and offered vali as well. understood, that has nada to do with my question.

I would say because both of these massive figures are likely priced to the point where 3A probably won't make much of a profit (if any) after the sales have completed. This has been the case with the majority of large 3A figures in the past, and even Ash himself has admitted that he's fine with breaking even on large figures if it means bringing them into the world and he's happy just to have them exist. The real-world truth is likely that these figures should be costing us much more, but ThreeA does what they can to bring stuff like this to us for a reasonable price.

So, basically since Vali and Deathmask would normally cost more (just think about what 3A is paying for the shipping...) than they are offering, the $60 included 1/12th TK figure becomes a moot point. This is all speculation of course.
Argentix
Argentix
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by gar Sat May 28, 2016 4:58 pm

Argentix has a point here.

the AP Dead Mask TK is a cool free extra. (Thank you Ashley cheers )
Not a US$ 60 discount.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by geisT Sat May 28, 2016 8:57 pm

Argentix wrote:
illproxy wrote:yeah i get that gimbs. Smile

I would say because both of these massive figures are likely priced to the point where 3A probably won't make much of a profit (if any) after the sales have completed. This has been the case with the majority of large 3A figures in the past, and even Ash himself has admitted that he's fine with breaking even on large figures if it means bringing them into the world and he's happy just to have them exist. The real-world truth is likely that these figures should be costing us much more, but ThreeA does what they can to bring stuff like this to us for a reasonable price.

So, basically since Vali and Deathmask would normally cost more (just think about what 3A is paying for the shipping...) than they are offering, the $60 included 1/12th TK figure becomes a moot point. This is all speculation of course.

I highly agree with this!

The pricepoint of Hunter minus the Membership discount (eightysomething dollars) and the rising shipping costs (60$ if not 80$ for this surely huge box)
at 3A`s costs, plus "only" the disposit before the costly production starts and the long developement with tooling costs and other money factors, marks this clearly as a "hopefully at costs affair" for Ash and the g3Ang!  Exclamation

I really hope the sale will be healthy, because if the number of sales are bad, if have my doubts that we will see more big badass bots in the near future... bounce
geisT
geisT
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by Hogarth Sat May 28, 2016 11:53 pm

My take:

First, I disagree with the statement that shipping is at ThreeA's cost.  I have little doubt that when pricing is determined, shipping has been factored in. I think we have already seen higher prices due to increased shipping costs.  Also, businesses like ThreeA that ship thousands of items per year typically have an account with their local post office, giving them a significant discount.  They pay a fraction of what it would cost for an individual to ship one.

As far as pricing being the same with or without the extra figure, I kind of see ThreeA's position.  If I understand it correctly, ThreeA never intended to sell the second colorway on Bambaland.  The added figure for the Bambaland version is a bonus, much like Threezero always offers something extra if you buy directly from them.  The other colorway was for retail and was never meant to have a TK included. 

As some have pointed out, there is probably only a small profit margin on these.  Because of it's size and price, it's likely only a relatively small number (by ThreeA's standards) will be sold and produced.  By keeping the price the same and not including the TK with the second colorway, they might make at least some profit.  From the customer's standpoint, I get that it doesn't seem fair, but ThreeA could have stuck to their original plan and never offered the second colorway on Bambaland.  By changing their minds, they at least allow 3AA members who preferred the second colorway to use their discount and not have to pay retail plus shipping.
Hogarth
Hogarth
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by EdGein Sun May 29, 2016 8:36 am

Agreed to the above. I think the point is "Thanks for hearing our desire to purchase Vali through Bambaland and responding by making that an option." And not to say "Yeah you heard us...but we want more more more!"

It was probably a little bit of a snub to retailers to make this decision and a real nod to collectors. When debating this purchase, I was always going to buy Vali, and getting it through bambaland is bonus enough.

EdGein
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by gimbat Sun May 29, 2016 6:46 pm

Looks like VALI and DM TK Hunters made an early appearance, available now at Bambaland
gimbat
gimbat
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Argentix Sun May 29, 2016 7:09 pm

Wasn't expecting them early, no matter, I put in my deposit. Awesome work ThreeA! Here's to another year of amazing figures! Very Happy
Argentix
Argentix
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 29, 2016 7:10 pm

No access to Bambaland Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by chiowhon Sun May 29, 2016 7:10 pm

Any secret drop Very Happy

chiowhon
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 29, 2016 7:25 pm

Bamba works normally now, and put my Vali's déposit. It's so cool. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by dtrain Sun May 29, 2016 7:38 pm

Gimby, how long will they be up? Can you find out please?

Thx
dtrain
dtrain
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by gar Sun May 29, 2016 8:06 pm

Ha, even 3AA discount on the deposit. cheers

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gimbat Sun May 29, 2016 8:29 pm

gar wrote:Ha, even 3AA discount on the deposit. cheers

Yep, really awesome !
gimbat
gimbat
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by geisT Sun May 29, 2016 11:21 pm

gar wrote:Ha, even 3AA discount on the deposit. cheers

Niiiiice, additional unexpected 30$ savings for AA people! Great gesture from Ash!

As a non AA and mostly WWR guy i decided to save my funds for the xtra Large Martin drop, but for Popbot people, this Mortis Behemonth
or hacked DM buddy, is a MUST!!! cheers

Edit:And i miss the f5 bar for this long awaited release and of course all the artworks, fun talk and other purchase adventures... Sad
geisT
geisT
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16 ... 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum