World of 3A Legion Outpost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SAN DIEGO COMIC-CON INTERNATIONAL 2016

+68
VAXE
Godolphin
card
x43x
Chanimation
P85
thumbtack82
fredfran
Beats n Dahbi
UsedUniverse
johnny6
Deus Machina
joe950
counterfeit
Artoo
mattyp
crucial1
papamadoo
Oneluckyboy
Albino
gimbat
fluppeco
ineedmoretoys
pezbanana
Chivo
Sideglide
Plastic Robo
Matrix
koonfasa
Beaumont
beeto bot
DT2
chiowhon
Grish
dtrain
supershallow
Devours
gar
turbs
Knightjar
BPP
chatchawan1985
Rad Toy Review
docmac
Cthulhu
Argentix
illproxy
ESeffinga
d3nnis
Drip
noveltycross
SpiderPig
wutasi
miracle bubbles
geisT
Skipper11x
eightb8ll
GrandpaStern
gregory
base
jsalsa23
Dolly
Arroneous422
Crem
666ways2love
BRiZL
Wooly
ennui
72 posters

Page 3 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 16  Next

Go down

SAN DIEGO COMIC-CON INTERNATIONAL 2016 - Page 3 Empty Re: SAN DIEGO COMIC-CON INTERNATIONAL 2016

Post by Grish Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:46 pm

I want that 3AGO ZvR Zomb Thug! And the zombot! Love them!
Grish
Grish
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

SAN DIEGO COMIC-CON INTERNATIONAL 2016 - Page 3 Empty Re: SAN DIEGO COMIC-CON INTERNATIONAL 2016

Post by Grish Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:48 pm

Kinda wondering what "your fight intro statue" is.
I can see it in one of the pics but what's it from? And why? Lol
Grish
Grish
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by noveltycross Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:21 pm

Really hoping to see warbot and zombot on bamba.
noveltycross
noveltycross
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by chiowhon Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:29 pm

Wouldn't it make more sense to make con exclusives readily available for everyone or at least 3AA members. The difference could be that those sold direct at convention can come with Ashley wood signature or extra item such as a zomb head for example. In this way it benefits 3A finance an d make make the fans happy having a chance to get the same figure just minus ash signature or extra freebies

chiowhon
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by Drip Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:11 am

Grish wrote:Kinda wondering what "your fight intro statue" is.
I can see it in one of the pics but what's it from? And why? Lol

I'm assuming it's the cliff looking thing with the lil dude on top.
Drip
Drip
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by d3nnis Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:22 am

Greg, any info on those 1/6 cats? How many will be available?
d3nnis
d3nnis
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by x43x Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:25 am

They are 1:1
x43x
x43x
BST Mod

http://x43x.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ESeffinga Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:27 am

You going to SDCC Robbie?
ESeffinga
ESeffinga
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by x43x Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:30 am

Unfortunately not. Spent our travel money on art and toys
x43x
x43x
BST Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by GrandpaStern Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:35 am

chiowhon wrote:Wouldn't it make more sense to make con exclusives readily available for everyone or at least 3AA members. The difference could be that those sold direct at convention can come with Ashley wood signature or extra item such as a zomb head for example. In this way it benefits 3A finance an d make make the fans happy having a chance to get the same figure just minus ash signature or extra freebies

Well, I think that's sort of what's happening. A couple years ago they had a white Pascha at SDCC and a black one on Bamba. This time I think it's zombot and 1 or 2 others. Not bad, I guess. Someone will always want the one that doesn't make it on to the website. I mean, I was hoping they would do a preorder for the con or a 3aa line so that members could get first crack, but no such luck it seems. I'll manage, thoough. Smile
GrandpaStern
GrandpaStern
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by card Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:01 am

GrandpaStern wrote:
chiowhon wrote:Wouldn't it make more sense to make con exclusives readily available for everyone or at least 3AA members. The difference could be that those sold direct at convention can come with Ashley wood signature or extra item such as a zomb head for example. In this way it benefits 3A finance an d make make the fans happy having a chance to get the same figure just minus ash signature or extra freebies

Well, I think that's sort of what's happening. A couple years ago they had a white Pascha at SDCC and a black one on Bamba. This time I think it's zombot and 1 or 2 others. Not bad, I guess. Someone will always want the one that doesn't make it on to the website. I mean, I was hoping they would do a preorder for the con or a 3aa line so that members could get first crack, but no such luck it seems. I'll manage, thoough. Smile

As was I, plus it says the toy's don't go on sale until Thursday, so no preview night. Every scalping dealer under the sun will be in line before we even get a foot in the door. Really a 3AA line wouldn't be very hard. These are going to be a pain to get. Although at least I get a chance at these and I get to go to comic con. A big plus is Warbot will be on Bamba, that eliminates having to worry about him. All in all I am ecstatic about ThreeA having such a big presence at SDCC, finally I get to experience what the Asian cons have gotten to see lately.
card
card
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by GrandpaStern Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:28 am

card wrote:
GrandpaStern wrote:

As was I, plus it says the toy's don't go on sale until Thursday, so no preview night. Every scalping dealer under the sun will be in line before we even get a foot in the door. Really a 3AA line wouldn't be very hard. These are going to be a pain to get. Although at least I get a chance at these and I get to go to comic con. A big plus is Warbot will be on Bamba, that eliminates having to worry about him. All in all I am ecstatic about ThreeA having such a big presence at SDCC, finally I get to experience what the Asian cons have gotten to see lately.

Is this your first SDCC? Grats, if so. Welcome back, if not.

To be fair, the way 3A did the line in the past was not great, but did exclude any benefit to scalpers. They'll post a time the exclusives will go on sale, say 10:30, so everyone who wants one can show up. No exhibitors lining up early. The big problem is that a hundred people show up and hang around. That makes security mad, so they tell 3A to keep the people moving. Then the 3A people have to say things like, "You can't line up. No line until 10:30. If I see you standing around, I'll remember your face and throw you out." So everyone circles or stands around the corner. Then, at 10:20 people start getting nervous and closing in. You can't tell if you should join in and risked getting yelled at or stay back and risk not getting anything. 10:25 people start forming lines no matter what anyone says and there's really nothing anyone can do. You just pray at that point.

So, yeah. I wish they would set even 30 mins aside to give 3AA guys a little head start. Or give out tickets and times, so that you didn't have to fight. Between preorders and luck, I managed to get what I wanted on Thursday the last couple years, but that's really the only day I have set aside this year. If things go sour, that's all she wrote.
GrandpaStern
GrandpaStern
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by x43x Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:34 am

Several years ago when I went, things went on sale 30 minutes after opening. It was a crazy speed-walk sprint to the booth, everyone taking a different path, getting yelled at by security for running. Got in line and was still 30 people deep. Most were exhibitors, but ThreeA didn't let them buy the exclusives, so I was able to get everything. Man, I need to go back. Next year hopefully....
x43x
x43x
BST Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by jsalsa23 Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:20 am

Robbie, things have changed, now the exhibitors have regular badges and just switch them out. Experienced that last year while trying to get the synthetic human exclusive. I got in 10 min early and was 29th in line. It's just crazy. I'm not even gonna try for any exclusive this year, gonna keep it stress free, just hope to get Ash to sign a few thing and if I'm lucky....a sketch.

jsalsa23
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by GrandpaStern Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:23 am

Yeah, I've seen that, too. I have a pro badge, but it doesn't get me anything special. Yet people always seem to think they let us in before everyone else. Sigh.
GrandpaStern
GrandpaStern
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by GrandpaStern Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:24 am

jsalsa23 wrote:Robbie, things have changed, now the exhibitors have regular badges and just switch them out. Experienced that last year while trying to get the synthetic human exclusive. I got in 10 min early and was 29th in line. It's just crazy. I'm not even gonna try for any exclusive this year, gonna keep it stress free, just hope to get Ash to sign a few thing and if I'm lucky....a sketch.

You should still have been able to buy something at 29th in line, though, right? Just wondering for frame of reference.
GrandpaStern
GrandpaStern
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by jsalsa23 Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:30 am

I did get one, but only coz I had a 10 min head start. It's all about getting lucky. The allotment per day was really very low.

jsalsa23
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by illproxy Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:35 am

that statue is interesting.... Cool
illproxy
illproxy
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by jsalsa23 Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:40 am

Statue? ill are you talking about the synthetic human? It a articulated figure.

jsalsa23
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by illproxy Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:47 am

jsalsa23 wrote:Statue? ill  are you talking about the synthetic human?  It a articulated figure.

nah, the rock/cliff like statue in the threeA sdcc tease pics, looks like lil dude on top with a sword or bo-staff? Smile
illproxy
illproxy
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by card Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:03 am

GrandpaStern wrote:
card wrote:
GrandpaStern wrote:

Is this your first SDCC? Grats, if so. Welcome back, if not.

To be fair, the way 3A did the line in the past was not great, but did exclude any benefit to scalpers. They'll post a time the exclusives will go on sale, say 10:30, so everyone who wants one can show up. No exhibitors lining up early. The big problem is that a hundred people show up and hang around. That makes security mad, so they tell 3A to keep the people moving. Then the 3A people have to say things like, "You can't line up. No line until 10:30. If I see you standing around, I'll remember your face and throw you out." So everyone circles or stands around the corner. Then, at 10:20 people start getting nervous and closing in. You can't tell if you should join in and risked getting yelled at or stay back and risk not getting anything. 10:25 people start forming lines no matter what anyone says and there's really nothing anyone can do. You just pray at that point.

So, yeah. I wish they would set even 30 mins aside to give 3AA guys a little head start. Or give out tickets and times, so that you didn't have to fight. Between preorders and luck, I managed to get what I wanted on Thursday the last couple years, but that's really the only day I have set aside this year. If things go sour, that's all she wrote.

No no, I have been going for a few years now. That is how I got my Squarro back in the day before I actually collected 3A. But at that time it seemed like less scalpers just getting exclusives to auto flip (I mean aside from Lego, Mattel and Hasbro). Lately it seems like even the smallest exclusives get people lined to resell. That 1000toys synthetic last year was nuts, I dont think many went to actual fans that wanted one. Im not complaining as such is life. It just seems to me that Ash would want his 3AA members to have a little benefit for making the trip is all. For me I am am a TK/WWR guy. So Warbot is really the only one on my radar and he will be Bamba so if he sells out before I get there it's all good. I might shoot for the Zombot if I can get in line early. Honestly I am more hoping to just get maybe a sketch from Ash, I have a DIY Square that is dying for something...lol.
card
card
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by GrandpaStern Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:28 am

Hope you get that sketch, bro. I'd takethe zombot 1/6 and the 2000ad stuff, but other than that, I don't collect 1/12th.
GrandpaStern
GrandpaStern
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by GrandpaStern Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:29 am

Would it be dorky if we wore those "HELLO my name is:" tags in line? Just be fun to see who else is legion.
GrandpaStern
GrandpaStern
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by 666ways2love Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:32 am

Problem is exhibitors who are already in the building also have attendee badges. So they are inside and in line before everyone else and can beat the system. It also doesn't help that some of these exhibitors are friend's of Ash's so he just gives them whatever they want. And it gets flipped.

*cough* Lev of Toy Tokyo *cough*
666ways2love
666ways2love
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Argentix Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:37 am

What is this interesting statue in the background? Looks like a TK on top of a cliff or something? Fascinating piece.
Argentix
Argentix
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 16  Next