World of 3A Legion Outpost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

May - 2009

Go down

May - 2009  Empty May - 2009

Post by gimbat Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:17 am

First WWRP wave of toys in May. May order - Medic < Marine < Merc. If all goes according to plan, there will be two SDCC exclusives. Click here to discuss them.

About the gatling gun:
"of course its a gatling gun ayyong, Medic bramble lays down heat why the medic bots and humes recover the wounded, Medic by name, bramble by nature !"

We have to wait for a "Cosmonaut" figure, it's going to be a while, till it's going to be perfect and released. 3A release only perfect figures, remember?

Ashley Wood about SDCC exclusives WWRP figures:
"of course you can buy our sdcc without going, its just a thinly veiled marketing term anyway !I cant speak for other companies though... "

Such a relief there!

I wonder is there any exclusives besides WWRP figures for SDCC?

New competition on our board, May sketch contest with the theme - Giant monster. Click here to read all the rules and participate. April sketch contests is closed for the judgment, we will know, who won it soon.

New absolutely gorgeous painting at Ashley Wood's blog, it reminds me about my hometown's Old Riga narrow streets. Pure beauty there.

I have to make a small statement today.

Since BST section was removed, from this board for a good reasons, we have unofficial 3A BST forum here , created by ennui. Please if you want to make any sales, buy something or trade something please go there. Be so kind and don't interrupt any discussions with that. Would be highly appreciated.

Winner of the 3A board's April photography contests is announced! My congratulations to drvandermeer! You can view all the entries and winners photo here.

New photo contest starts now! Don't miss your chance to win Blanc de Plume or something cool and really limited from 3A!

Gēb? de Plume, last of de Plumes, who is going on sale in couple of days, price announced. It's going to be 150 USD. Can't wait for him! To remind you, he is 3AA exclusive and there will be only 100 of them.

Big news about WWR game for iphone/touch, click here to read the full text.

Piece of the full text, about company, who will produce the game:
"Founded in 2008, Newtoy is the realization of two brothers, Paul and David Bettner, creators of the internationally best-selling Age of Empires series and most recently the highly anticipated Halo Wars strategy game for the Xbox 360. Paul and David bring nearly two decades of industry experience to Newtoy, with over twenty million units sold and multiple "Game of the Year" awards. Together, they share a vision for creating revolutionary games for the iPhone and iPod Touch. Newtoy's website is: http://newtoyinc.com. "

Oyabuns Yama&Naga soon will be there. Just don't stress about it, it's all processing. Here are the pictures, for your viewing pleasure.
May - 2009  Oya4.thMay - 2009  Oyabox3.thMay - 2009  Oyabox1.th
The sticker, which you can see in the box, is included to point out the obvious there is no t-shirt, it will ship later alone, to your home address.  

Now to answer, about the missing t-shirt. It's missing because 3A wasn't happy, with the end result and now they are making a new one. Ashley Wood expressed his regrets number of times, because of that. Remember, it's all for the best. In the end we will get the perfect product and this sticker, is such a nice addition to the figure.

Click here to read story about Junkers ,from WWR volume 2, accompanied with beautiful Ashley Wood painting.

Important news, about Gebi de Plume ordering!

"when 3AA members logged into bambaland from now on you should see a 3AA option in the lef-hand navigation bar on the front page, only 3AA members can see it, thats where GEBI will be sitting coming 9-00am melbourne time 8th etc. so make sure your logged in, there is a test there as well, try it out !!!Ill be send a 3AA newsletter covering this today.. "
"it works ill take the test down soon, i hope everybody remembers to log into their accounts before ordering time, im sure Ill be blamed if they dont !"
" too many forwarding of of 3AA ordering links, even if you could see the page, the product is not available outside 3AA members accts."

So if you are 3AA be prepared and remember be logged in, or you wont see anything for 3AA  and couldn't order Gebi de Plume. So log in, click on the 3AA tab, you will be taken to the 3AA area, where when it's time a Gebi will appear and you will buy him.

Large Martin is officially sold out at bambalandstore. Congratulations to everyone who got him and to 3A! We will see pictures of Large Martin DP variant soon.

A quick tip about the location of 3AA panel on bambalandstore, it's  an option under the navigation menu top left.

If Gebi de Plume wouldn't be sold out during first hour during 3AA club sale , it would be offered to general audience.

Time for Gebi de Plume release, calculated by our mod ennui, please click here for it.

3AA newsletter is out, if you haven't received it, here is the full text for ya, about Gebi de Plume ordering procedure and wonderful story from WWR 2.

"Head over to Bambalandstore.com LOG in and refresh the front page to see the 3AA section in the lefthand navigation block, click on it, and there you will see  Gebi de Plume come 9.00AM Melbourne time 8th May ( NYC 7th of may 7.00pm, London Midnight 7/8 May, of course our robots could be tripping so check for yourself ! ). YOU MUST BE LOGGED IN TO SEE THE 3AA SECTION ON THE BAMBALAND FRONT PAGE !, go now and make sure you're good to go. Our buddy Gebi will cost you 150usd, this includes shipping via EMS and you get a 15% discount too, truly a 3AA member is a splendid beast indeed !

Now remember, Gebi is rather limited and the amount won't cover all the 3AA members, there are around 100 of these fellas so don't be taking your sweet time if your interested in waging desert based warfare."

Gebi de Plume image from the newsletter.
May - 2009  Headercwd.th

3AA superstar Gebi de Plume captured on photos. Click here for them. He is such a beauty.

Found old, but interesting Ashley Wood quote about possible mini (WWRP) figures:
"well yea, mini Lrg martins, drop cloth troopers, solders, N.O.M , nom de plume, Rothchild Abomb, Harold, Long-hop etc etc  "

Gebi de Plume will be up for sale in less than 30 minutes, be sure to log in. And don't refresh constantly, until the last five minutes, before it goes on sale, because Bambalandstore can block you for that.

Five minutes to go and please remember:
"remember this, pay, or the system will cancel and put back for sale !"

Best of luck to everyone!

Gebi de Plume was sold out in less than 2 minutes, 3A will go through unpaid orders (if there were any) and list them back for sale.

Ashley Wood about looking through the orders and making the list of potential people, who will be contacted if unpaid orders of Gebi will happen:
"im not favoring anyone, im just compiling a list, so relax, things changem im gonna look through the orders now for orders of two etc...
then ill offer everyone a chance to get them, if there are any.
and just so ya know, we sold 120."

Ashley Wood, joking or not, but drops a Lunar de Plume bomb. Maybe he is going to be the next one?

According to Ashley Wood, Gebi de Plume box art is going to be awesome.

About Kenny Wong vs Ashley Wood collaboration:
"its 1/6th and its super cool, really, a rare type of 1/6th too....
people will go, WOW !!! I think a proto will be on display in july at a toy show.. "

Small hint about the toy:
"
no molly
m designing the pilot...
wha Smiley? "

Maybe it's a bot with a pilot inside? m?
Keep in mind this mentioned show isn't a SDCC.

Btw, all Oyabuns have shipped to us. Woohoo!

3A boardie Devours, got Oyabuns:Yama&Naga! Expect photos of them and Oyabuns at your door really soon.

15 of each Oyabun (Yama and Naga) are available at bambalandstore.com, as Ash promised. Go there and buy one, if you missed on them.

"and, I have some OYA's for the store as promised to some, 15 of each sku, or close to that. Im gonna head over now and put them up ! "

Ashley Wood confirms, that there will be a next TK. I'm very excited..they are from different worlds, but he and heavy gunner Bramble, would look amazing together.

"im gonna release a another TK, dammit, new hair and so on, fucking big bazooka, HEAVY TK !put it in stone !"

Click here for Devours Oyabuns Yama&Naga photos.

Great news, my fellow 3A fans, Gebi de Plume is going to be shipped soon and people will get him next week. WOW, just WOW!
"people will have them next week.... All done and dusted, but you cant fill out 120 odd forms etc in 5 minutes... ill get some package shots today hopefully"

Ashley Wood about possible book with photos of the toy making process and etc.
venture has stuff like this, but oneday we will release a book on 3A, fuck I like making books, so you pretty much put it on you

Looking forward to this book, Ashley Wood mentioned one day, that he will even show us, there all the unfinished and cancelled projects. I wonder what could be there?!

Oyabuns Yama&Naga are starting to appear in all the corners of the world. If you got them, please make a photo and post here. Share your happiness with our boardies.

First Gebi de Plumes are already shipped out to it's VERY LUCKY owners. Can't wait for the pics and very much intrigued, who is going to get them first.

3A board is famous for it's contest with wonderful prizes, where else can you get such a limited figure, as Blanc de Plume?
We have custom toy contest, deadline is June 1st and somehow people are missing it. Click here to read all about it and view entries and participate. Maybe this time prize will be a TK Interloper or Gebi de Plume? You will never know with 3A.

Ashley Wood about Oyabuns beard problem:
"anyone with the beard problem PM me and we shall send a replacement head
end of 3A public announcement !"

What is beard problem? Click here.

Ashley Wood about Brambles:
"no more 1/6th brambles as we know it..."
"gar got it. do think Ill never make brambles again, rothchild is always improving designs, the only grows bigger !"

Be prepared for new and bigger Brambles! Or not...)

New art at Ashley Wood's blog. Check out the Square bot smiling on this one. Pure evil there!

Gebi de Plume in his beauty.
May - 2009  Gebo.th

Mr.Frosty (aka Deep Powder Large Martin) for your viewing pleasure. What a deadly beast he is!
May - 2009  Frostyj2.thMay - 2009  Frostyj.th

But don't feel bad if you ordered Iron Panda or Big Red, because:
" actually all the LM's are equal in goodness, each has a quality that is unique."

Square is the hero of the day today!
May - 2009  Squaredirtyproto.th
" it looks a little light, due to the jepg bullshit, but he looks like Dirty Deeds bertie should have, the paint job that is..."
" EMGY is my current fav,has the decal " it will probably be ok " on it, its quite a stunner, yellow, with black.. "

Keep in mind it's not photoshop, only the mastery of 3A.

Small promise about new Berties,there will be a large Bertie (with feet) redone with a Dirty Deeds paintjob.

previous awesome news for this date are above

A a proto Deep Powder square sand decals:
May - 2009  Squaredeepsquareproto.th
What an awesome looking bot he is!

Ashley Wood, about the release and quantity:
"err, have not figured it out yet, we fly by our pants here, thats a last minute thang when Im setting up the store thing, no doubt heavily weighted with a classic in each box set to make you buy all three !
At least i dont bullshit you guys"
"Karma, that depends on sales, we cant make a thousands , gotta keep the quality there. I think these will be our biggest success, dunno why, but I have a feeling !"

About the Square designs:
"medic = medic, white with a red cross
EMGY = EMERGENCY , civil disasters etc "
" the EURO Square will look great next to Olivier the TOWN Brammble!"

We will see all the photos of the standard Squares before ordering them. Except chases. What chases?!

And finally about de Plume face behind the mask, considering Lunar de Plume and all de Plumes:
"you will never see De plumes face EVAR ! "

Ashley Wood speaking about...emmmm... largeness of Large Martin!
"large is 49" tall, if yours is smaller its a bootleg !
we have to corrugated cardboard for the box its too hefty for standard materials!"

Our boardie akamon, received 3AA exclusive Gebi de Plume. Click here for the awesome pictures!

Since more and more, Gebi de Plumes are showing up around the world, please share your photos here.

EMGY Square, favourite Square of Ashley Wood.
May - 2009  Emgy.th

Ashley Wood commenting large size of Large Martin:
"martin is very wide no photo shows his bulk , he has the same depth as bramble, the gun makes it more at the top etc , from side of gun to left shoulder is nigh on 13"
he is a big lad ! "

So please no more questions is he 12 inches in height, because then, Large Martin will hunt you down and sit on you! He is not that big fan of size jokes)

Large Martin body is vinyl, lower arms legs and crotch, armour plates and gun parts are injection plastic, because vinyl could not support the weights here. Interesting construction there isn't it? Just like Discovery programs about massive bridges and machines.

We will see new designs of the Squares all next week, please be prepared for the awesome show.

Discussion about Ashley Wood doing an art book of his landscapes, click here and participate.

Ashley Wood about the Squares forms of sale:
"re square... you can buy 10 or 3 packs from bambaland from the 25th. thats all you need to know. for now, BUT you cannot pick and choose a single design that would just not be fun...
the 10 packs are for the collectors
the 3 packs are for collectors who dont want a 10 pack with a DIY
10 packs have different packaging from 3 packs ."

Lunar Defence Square, it seems that we are on one Square per day plan.
May - 2009  Lundef.th

So, again about the Squares. Release is coming and fast, I reckon we will see two new designs of the Squares tomorrow. 10pack has nine different colorways in it, plus one DIY Square. 3packs have three different colorways in them, and be sure that no pack has doubles.  

New resource for 3A knowledge: http://threeaproduction.blogspot.com
It is the place from now for the newest 3A info and images, until 3A will have a functional website. If its 3A related it will be there first.

Lunar de Plume is the next biggest scoop!
Since there is no atmosphere, he is going to have the space suit! Lunar will be a general for all release, probably take orders for a two days period.

No Square has the same paintjob, they are more or less unique and custom painted.

In case you forgot something about 3A and small runs:
"you gotta remember, 3A does not excist to sell more toys than mattel, make movie tie-ins, makes bags o cash, its only for me and threezero to make cool toys that we like, and fuck, de plume in a space suit is just cool.."
gimbat
gimbat
Admin

Back to top Go down

May - 2009  Empty Re: May - 2009

Post by gimbat Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:18 am

A lot of exciting news for this date are above

Ashley Wood about the Square posing:
"square can rotate at the joint between body and legs platform, he can pull a lot of poses for a square ...."

Large Martins packaging in the new 3A production blog. Click here for the details.

Somebody called the doctor? Medic Square!
May - 2009  Medicc.th
Super interesting bits of the inside on the Square from Ashley Wood.
"squares gather info and report back to the powers that be. The medic square's are normally sent into live battlefields with medical personal and a couple of medical brambles/dropcloths/berties , they all need constant updates of the surrounding battlefield to get the wounded back safely etc."
"Squares don't speak"

Ashley Wood about possible WWR nurse figure:
"i have an idea for a WWR nurse, using our ava body, decked out white latex body suit, latex apron, gasmask, little steel medical briefcase, holding a bone-saw..."
Sounds sexy and creepy at the same time, which is good)
You can discuss WWR nurse here.

Original character contest ends soon, only two weeks left for the entries. Please click the link , read the rules and participate. Give it a try, just check for instance, what is already done before you. Then share your ideas, receive healthy criticism or friendly encouragement, and hell, maybe you will not only have fun time, but receive a Blanc? If you are not trying, you are not winning.
Just don't forget to read the rules there.

Square sales info:
No limits on the 3 packs per customer, but only one 10pack per customer.

Since this Square is making people ask questions, I will post him here too. It's only a prototype, it's not a Desert Square or any variant.
May - 2009  Squaretestet5no3.th

New Squares! 10pack will have inside: the panda and big red Squares!
Here is Ashley Wood's advice on buying three or ten packs.
"i see the 10 pack as the best set, 9 classic colorways a DIY square that's cool without being touched, exclusive packaging..
the panda and big red squares are cool enough for me to want to buy a 10 pack alone !"

The Panda Square. Six revealed and three to go.
May - 2009  Squarepandas.th

About the chases, Ashley Wood said, that no chases in the 3pack and 10pack....Hm...yes?

Since there are a lot of them, and he has such a charismatic smiles - more Squares blowing up the news!

Euro Square
May - 2009  Euroy.th

Big Red Square
May - 2009  34390213.th

Panda Square
May - 2009  Pan.th

Ashley Wood about more Squares and new picture bellow:
"i never said no daywatch or nightwatch ?"
"coz I needed contrast, never said it was da SNOW PATROL !
details must succumb to art cody !"

May - 2009  3aglam1.th

More Squares (probably famous Daywatch?)
May - 2009  3amay.th

Adventure Cartel as the new line of figures and stuff, soon from 3A.
May - 2009  24410537.th

Ashley Wood quotes about it:
"cmon guys do you think I just gonna throw JC out there, give me more credit.. its while till he drops, but I wanna start the ball rolling on pimping the Kartel team.."
"Aventure is geting over used, plus people always say, aventure, whats dat..plus its good ol ADVENTURE !"
"it will be a while, but adventure Kartel will deliver a classic story !"

Squares and more Squares coming up!

According to Ashley Wood, there are are less of each 3 packs than 10 packs of Squares. So please hurry up, if you want them!

Everything will be in the newsletter, which goes out tomorrow.

Ashley Wood about the sell out:
" i think things will sellout quick, maybe not reaching the general buyers on monday for 10 or 3 packs, its funny you guys seem to dig the heavy big serious bots here, but the outside interest in the square seems higher than any bot yet."

News about the blind boxes of the Squares! What a scoop! Maybe they would be offered through bambalandstore, but not the singles, the boxes of the singles.
"selected retailers will have blind box squares available in single boxes !oh the agony ! "
"if indeed the 10s and 3s sellout quick, ill make some the retailer display singles boxes available !"
" you misread, the wholebox only , we dont send out singles... "
"they are limited too, and before you ask, there is no idea whats in the box, so you cannot buy assuming you will get the whole set etc "

Ashley Wood about the Square chases and non-chases designs:
" and imagine, none of the cool dcals have really been seen, they are 2x cooler ! "
" oh yea, the emgy and desert look similar in the shots, could not be more different in the flash/metal.."

Don't know if Ashley Wood is joking or not...but there is a possibility of 3A making Square with the pouches, we love on bots, so much!

Squares and Large Martin photos in 3A production blog.

WWR2 cover from Ash's blog.

Interesting info about www.ashleywoodgallery.com
" So I"m finally getting around to using www.ashleywoodgallery.com, it going to be a mixture of online exhibiting, plus studio shit, paintings in progress, a more involved look at the art etc. Not an easy task but worth it. With this post is a prelim attached for a new series of paintings I'm doing over the next year called Modern Girls ( shown at Ashley Wood Gallery as I go )."

Unoffical Square chart (done by our boardie NWO), keep in mind, that not 10pack. It's just all the Squares shown so far.
May - 2009  Unofficialsquares031.th

News which will make happy a lot of 3AA. There will be three more 3AA exclusives this year! To remind you, first 3AA exclusive - was Gebi de Plume.

Newsletter with all the info considering Squares + probably some surprises, goes out today. If you haven't subscribed to the 3A newsletter, make it happen!

3AA release of the Squares, will happen in less than 16 hours!
Check the different timezones here in the chart done by our moderator ennui, please be careful with reading the zones.

3AA SQUARE PRE-ORDER newsletter is out!! Little Red, that's sounds so nice!

Info about the Squares:
Three packs of the Squares will have:
Set A > EURO, LUNAR, DEEP POWDER
Set B > DIRTY DEEDS, MEDIC, LITTLE RED
Set C > IRON PANDA, DESERT DEFENCE, EMGY

Ten pack, has all the designs featured in the three packs + one DIY (Do it yourself) blank Square.

Dirty Deeds Square, Euro and Medic Square with decals?
May - 2009  Ss4copy2.thMay - 2009  Ss4quz.thMay - 2009  Ss31.th

And surprise - next month we will see boiler zombie from 3A! What we have seen so far:

May - 2009  April3b.th

Essential ordering info for the 3AA release:
"Log out out of Bambalandstore.com, then log back in. In the left-hand navigation area there is a 3AA tab click on this tab around 9.00am Melbourne time on the 24th of May and the Square will be available for purchase in 10 or 3 packs."

Squares are up for sale!

Ashley Wood, dropping the bomb about the new packs of the Squares:
" a nightwatch, daywatch double pack would be cool... "
"il see what I can do , first the 3 and 10 packs have to sell !"

Less than 4 hours away, for general Square sale at bambalandstore.com.
Ashley Wood is on twitter -> http://twitter.com/threeAtoys

3A newsletter about the Squares is out too.

Previous important news for this date, are above
Don't forget to read them!

Guys, currently all the 10packs are sold out. I'm sure Ashley Wood is holding the second stock of the 10packs for non-3AA. Please be fast and be at www.bambalandstore.com on time, in order to grab the 10pack (if you want it of course), 3packs are limited too. I'm wishing best of luck to everybody and may the Square be with you!

Time zones for the release time are here , viewers discretion is advised)

Squares are up! There are 10packs and everything! Best of luck to everybody.

Btw, Ashley Wood is on twitter, so...legions I command you to follow him!
http://twitter.com/threeAtoys
And you can follow me too, with my 3A news tweet.
http://twitter.com/gimbat

Current situation with the Squares: because of the unpaid orders,more 10pack sets are back and available. Three packs A,B,C are available too. I suggest to hurry up, if you want to grab them.

Ashley Wood speaking about Venture:
"it will blow ya minds, not since the great catalgues of Tamiya in the 80's have this much juice flowed in a catalog !"

About chases in the Square 10packs or chases in the general (may assumption):
"no chases for da emo lad
or anyone, never said there was...
10, how is that possible, simple, I just made more ! actually not that simple, but I heard my legion and acted."

About the Square buying limits:
"no limits..until stock is gone"

Currently there are more than ten, 10packs of the Squares and A,B,C 3packs available at the bambalandstore.com
Get tempted and buy them)

3A venture cover?
Ashley Wood about 3A Venture:
"VENTURE the GREATEST 3A MAGAZINE EVER, well only one, cough... but its pretty cool, even if you dont collect our wonderful life changing toys!"

Squares will be sold out really soon, hurry up and make a move , if you want one.

Large Martin's, Mr. Frosty's aka Deep Powder skull decal, with lucky 77 on it.
May - 2009  Sotd1.th

Ashley Wood commenting about Large Martin articulation:
"he is pretty much as articulated as the others bar his hands,as he has none, the hammers on the ends of the forearms can swivel etc, brings a lot of character to him."

Images of the Large Martin from the production blog, with Ash's comment:
"Here are some Large Martins just hanging out in various stages of completeness, from paint, decals to armor. We at 3A believe LM is the best bot from us so far and are eager for you guys to start getting your own heavy artillery"

May - 2009  Lmb2.thMay - 2009  Lmb1.thMay - 2009  Lmb3.th

Some very interesting paintings from Ashley Wood's studio.

WWRP scale (1/12th) Large Martin has the double gun variant. I wonder how he looks like? I bet deadly and cool!

Ashley Wood speaking about his feeling towards Large Martin and production runs:
"glad you guys dig him, I might add that iron panda and big red are our most successful robots yet, frosty would have sold double these guys too if we had made more available.
You cant get a feel for LM really from photos, he has tons of character, the subtle poses that you can do, really make him the best yet.
Big Red soon, but remember we make the figures one colorway at a time, so frosty was first etc. "

There will be WWR scale Desert Attack variant of the Large Martin! It was decided last night, so cool! Gebi de Plume and Desert Square will have the reinforcement!

The Square multipacks are now all gone at Bambaland. As always fast sold out! Keep a lookout at cool toy retailers in June for Square single boxes. Merc Square will be available in the single boxes.

Info on 3A Zombie pricing - 80-85 bucks per Zombie, it could be slightly higher because of the shipping.

Ashley Wood speaking about the price, design and boxes:
"no more than 90 I meant , 80 85 is the spot for me.
I wanna do a few zomb's, cant ask you guys to bleeed for them "
"your gonna dig him, none of that overly gross ugly ass realistic gore shit !"
"he comes in a GI JOE vintage style box etc.. "

previous news for this date, including 3A Zombie pricing and about Desert Attack Large Martin (WWR scale) are in the post above

Ashley Wood about making Zombie chase figures:
"im sure I will, maybe TK zombie... hey, thats kinda cool......yea there will be some crazy ass chase figures "
" a tk zombie is fucking cool, all dirty and weather to fuck.... damn !! "

WWRP is coming soon, just hold your breath. They are not the part of the normal one toy per month release, but will be there.

3A is planning to eventually remake this variant of the Bramble (100 pcs sold at SDCC 2005):
May - 2009  Bramble01.th

Ashley Wood about the single Squares blind boxes:
"35 bucks it the recommended price, im not selling singles less than a multi, when i say shipping is free, I fucking mean it...
squares singles come in 16 square display counter boxes... that is kinda cool.. though we shall see what kind of impact they have... The multi's did awesome for us, im happy"

Ashley Wood about upcoming (next month pre-order) 3A Zombie design and special features:
"zombies dont use shit do they, they just get a hard-on for brains and shit... maybe some thigh meat... Our zomb comes with sumin cool, I think it s awesome, kinda blurs the lines between worlds but it seemed apt..."
"no guessing, its fun, wait till the shots reveal it. I really want this to be a start of cheaper, but still high quality figures where I can do a diverse range of ideas designed by me and others. I want to re-invent what MEGO did with their 8" fig but with original ideas not reliant on licensing etc.
time will tell, but thats the idea, the female fig will come into play here in a big way ! "

Ashley Wood speaking about Venture - official 3A magazine:
"artistic concepts are a dime a dozen, so are business ones, its clarity of mission thats the rare one. I could come up with a thousand great design-y artistic covers etc, but it would not sell 3A, it would sell the design, the arty idea etc.
the message is more important than the design, sell that,then you can fuck around. Of course graphic designers will snargl at that statement, the great designers would agree."
"businessman = smart
artists must be good businessmen, or others will prosper from your work and ideas.. thats just fucked !"

We will see big WWR Bertie MK2 (with proper legs) next year and small WWRP Bertie MK2 in July!
"not gonna happen, bertie v.1 is cool with da pegs !
wait for bertie v.2 ! or get a wwrp bertie v2 in july "
"next year tek, the wwrp ones are soon, big one next year..
I have the paint masters for dirty deeds and Desert, they are the shit ! "

Bit of info about Men from N.O.M super-set:
" they are cool, maybe not what your all dreaming about, but they are spot on what we want and say NoM, but with a bit more classy menace.. "

About the MERC Squares:
"we will keep some mercs and others aside, prizes, bribes, the same ol"

All the Squares with decals, except super rare ones:
May - 2009  Squarechart.th

Rotchild Lunar Security Armstrong (next WWR bot) in all his [s]man[/s]bothood.
May - 2009  Pro3g.th

Ashley Wood about Large Martin shipping, custom, logistics and etc, interesting things there:
"Hk,asia,australia and Europe will score first via EMS, around when Sams says ( blame sam if they dont ), we are shipping US orders differently shortly after this time, you will get Large Martins via UPS from within the US which should negate customs hold up and general issues we run into using the postage system...! whoa, 3A is growing up !
theses changes will not impact shipping times that much, so no emo !
Also we are working on a european distro system where everything ships from within the EU for EU orders, so we can negate customs ! are we not awesome... yes , yes we are ! "
"well as we are maturing we are seeing better ways to do things, its really frowned upon to drop 800 big ass boxes at the local EMS depot, because lets face it, its still the mainstream mail system and not designed for large scale product shipping.
We are trying to fill the void between hobbyist toy ventures and major corp toy companies, hobbyist attention to toy detail, fans, customer service. but corp style logistics and production.
Tis hard, but needed if we want those de plume freebie packs in 5 years !"

don't forget to check previous news for this date above (including wonderful news about customs free shipping of the Large Martin and Square photos with the decals)

Men from N.O.M gas mask
May - 2009  Newmay.th

3A board is place where the magic happened. This what happened today, when our boardie gar, reminded us all of upcoming 3A anniversary. One year since first release - Nom de Plume.

Here is what happened, all the Ash quotes, for you who missed up, to feel the excitement and to show, how magic is happening here! Such a classic 3A board moment!
"thanks gar, I was wondering what day that date was..
well shit, we better do something special for that day !...
A 1 year anniversary DIY Bramble ? who would want that ? "

"or how about a DIY Mini Bramble, cheaper then.. or a DIY Bambaboss.
mmm mmmm mmmmmm mmmmm "

de Plume suggestion comes into the game

"no de plumes..

mini DIY BRamble or bambaboss DIY.. "

"DIY Bambaboss in a white label box, maybe a 12 sticker on it....
maybe a oneday sale, 24th of june... "

" bambaboss would rule, we could create a Bamba gallery to show the stella work ?"

"I think Bambaboss white DIY is the go, fun, cool way to release a finished toy etc..
Ill conver with thrice-naught and nail it down ! "

About the pricing - it's unknown for now.

To remind you, how bambaboss looks like. It's not finished, it's only the prototype, which we saw, during Ash's Hong-Kong visit at 3A headquarters.

May - 2009  Bamba2.thMay - 2009  Bamba.th

Ashley Wood about the hero of the day - Mr.Bambaboss!
"bamba is ready to go, molds etc, if we start adding stuff, it makes it cost more, I dont want that, the box or whatnot will relate the occasion !
oh it will be simple, real DIY all the way..
I really wanna see what my future designers are gonna do ~!"
"24th june, 24 hours bambaboss DIY will be for sale.. then gone forever !"
"price, dunno, we will know soon, but as you know, we will charge as much as possible and never talk to you again.."

Details of the Bamba:
12.7" from feet to smoke tip, 10.7" from feet to head
comes with three faces, hands and feet can swivel.

If you wanna see Desert theme Bambaboss, which is standing on Ashley Wood's table, you got to buy 3A official magazine - Venture. Huh, I would buy that magazine, even without the pictures)

Oyabuns heads (to cover the damage upper lip problem) are starting showing up around the world.

Ashley Wood about UPS complaints from USA citizens:
"complain to UPS, you dont see all the emails from pissed off customers and their EMS wrecked boxes, shit happens with shipping, cant stop it,long as the toy is ok, coz in the end, the packaging is just a fancy protection device. Personally I have had literally 1000's of UPS packages over the years, maybe 10-20 tops were fucked, and thats normally due to piss poor packaging of the sender. Amzaon--cough--
be friendly to your local UPS driver ! "

Ashley Wood commenting impressive Mr.Frosty aka Deep Powder Large Martin design:
May - 2009  Frostyprod.th
"actually they are weathered and colored correctly, they dont need to match, it aint no My little pony fashion sunday set... , first off it it would be boring to look at if it all matched, no contrast etc."
And comments from the 3A production blog:
"So if you had the balls to order an unseen 300 dollar toy, this is what your getting, or there about, there are always slight variations due to the hand painting process, but this is a good example, im pretty damn sure you will not be disappointed ! . Our mission at 3A has always been to deliver a toy that surpasses your expectations!
and remember this guy is nearly 20 inches tall, and articulated....
Send all flowers and champagne to the normal address !"

Ashley Wood is very excited, about the results of his collaboration with Kenny Wong, we are going to see the results really soon!

About the collaboration:
"ill let master kenny deliver the goods, but im doing the pilot figure, a female, kenny is doing the rest.. its gonna blow ya out of the "water" "
Discuss it here.

To your knowledge ladies and gents, last registered member on 3A board currently is..... Kenny Wong! http://www.kennyswork.com/

don't forget to check previous news for this date above (including news about Large Martin and Kenny Wong)

Ashley Wood speaking about 3A anniversary - Bambaboss appearance (to remind you, his photos are in the comments above), sale agenda and Zombies going up for sale immediately after that sale end:
"the shot I took in HK are final the earlier ones are different, and will never see the light of day
and its not a follow up, the Zomb is, the B-boss is just a fun way to celebrate 12 months of kicking it..
no 3AA, just 24 hours to buy for everyone, three faces come with it !
the minute the sale ends, the zomb is up for sale!"

Ashley Wood, about his collaboration with Kenny Wong:
"my pilot is called is called Snowpea"

Teaser pic. from Kenny Wong with his comment: "Copperhead is fixing the machine now~~ " to remind you Ashley Wood is designing the pilot:
May - 2009  Drcube2.th

Pricing for the Bambaboss, which is marking 3A one year anniversary (since Nom de Plume went on sale).
"how about 46 bucks shipped, a huge chunky vinyl, shipped.. let the celebration start.."
Don't know about you, but to me it sounds fantastic!

Ashley Wood about how limited Bambaboss DIY is:
" well yea, there is a cap actually... but its high, it wont reach it in 24 hours !"
To remind this very cool DIY figure goes on sale on 24th of June.

Big news about big bots, first how Ashley Wood is excited about Dropcloth, there would be variants of this bot:
"quite, well I had to finish the tech drawings for Dropcloth, who I might add is destined to become many peeps fav WWR bot. 4th qtr will see the drop !"

About more bots this year, with dates:
[color]"armstrong should be july-august order, then drop around october, then maybe.....
nahh that would be telling, plus dont forget the super articulated Popbot, there are lots of bots still to come this year !"[/color]

So, something special is definitely planned. Maybe it's even a 3AA exclusive, or maybe not. We will see later, keep in mind there are coming three 3AA exclusives this year. Popbot is going to be so great, can't wait for this figure. My second most anticipated 3A figure, after Men from N.O.M!
gimbat
gimbat
Admin

Back to top Go down