World of 3A Legion Outpost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is your favourite 'BOT' in WWR ?

+33
illproxy
karr1981
ESeffinga
Oneluckyboy
Sleepyd0g
Zilla
Captain Squiddy
marqzbox
SQUID
pezbanana
Dar Wolfram
koonfasa
gundamben831
Wooly
plastic ape
3Afan
Reks36
Beaumont
Cthulhu
Deus Machina
Argentix
soulburn
ianross
zbrushman
gar
Skipper11x
Dolly
bianco
geisT
counterfeit
Artoo
Chivo
bubs67
37 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

What is your favourite CLASS of BOT in WWR ?

What is your favourite  'BOT' in WWR ?  - Page 3 Vote_lcap14%What is your favourite  'BOT' in WWR ?  - Page 3 Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 14 ]
What is your favourite  'BOT' in WWR ?  - Page 3 Vote_lcap8%What is your favourite  'BOT' in WWR ?  - Page 3 Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 8 ]
What is your favourite  'BOT' in WWR ?  - Page 3 Vote_lcap7%What is your favourite  'BOT' in WWR ?  - Page 3 Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 7 ]
What is your favourite  'BOT' in WWR ?  - Page 3 Vote_lcap11%What is your favourite  'BOT' in WWR ?  - Page 3 Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 11 ]
What is your favourite  'BOT' in WWR ?  - Page 3 Vote_lcap4%What is your favourite  'BOT' in WWR ?  - Page 3 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 4 ]
What is your favourite  'BOT' in WWR ?  - Page 3 Vote_lcap6%What is your favourite  'BOT' in WWR ?  - Page 3 Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 6 ]
What is your favourite  'BOT' in WWR ?  - Page 3 Vote_lcap6%What is your favourite  'BOT' in WWR ?  - Page 3 Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 6 ]
What is your favourite  'BOT' in WWR ?  - Page 3 Vote_lcap8%What is your favourite  'BOT' in WWR ?  - Page 3 Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 8 ]
What is your favourite  'BOT' in WWR ?  - Page 3 Vote_lcap15%What is your favourite  'BOT' in WWR ?  - Page 3 Vote_rcap 15% 
[ 15 ]
What is your favourite  'BOT' in WWR ?  - Page 3 Vote_lcap4%What is your favourite  'BOT' in WWR ?  - Page 3 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 4 ]
[ 8 ]
What is your favourite  'BOT' in WWR ?  - Page 3 Vote_lcap3%What is your favourite  'BOT' in WWR ?  - Page 3 Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 3 ]
[ 4 ]
What is your favourite  'BOT' in WWR ?  - Page 3 Vote_lcap5%What is your favourite  'BOT' in WWR ?  - Page 3 Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 5 ]
What is your favourite  'BOT' in WWR ?  - Page 3 Vote_lcap0%What is your favourite  'BOT' in WWR ?  - Page 3 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
What is your favourite  'BOT' in WWR ?  - Page 3 Vote_lcap0%What is your favourite  'BOT' in WWR ?  - Page 3 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 103

What is your favourite  'BOT' in WWR ?  - Page 3 Empty Re: What is your favourite 'BOT' in WWR ?

Post by Argentix Thu May 07, 2015 4:25 pm

I have to say, I'm probably one of the only people that will vouch for the new 'Birdcage' Square design. At first, I was really disappointed by it, I mean it is basically just a Square on legs, but honestly it's grown on me as I've been anticipating the Civic Defense bots to ship out. The lack of a mouth and those dull, expressionless eyes are really unsettling, and mixed with the goofy nature of its long, stocky legs there's actually some really good juxtaposition going on, damn good.

It's funny, often times I find that you never really understand a design until you examine it and figure things out for yourself. Designers love to ramble on endlessly about the intricacies of their creations, but most of the time unless they're really good at conveying their points (a trait not often found in artistic types, hence why many artists are stereotyped as pretentious) the end effect is pretty much lost on the audience. In this way I think it's better to just let the design speak for itself, which is why I've always found WWR to be so fascinating.
Argentix
Argentix
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

What is your favourite  'BOT' in WWR ?  - Page 3 Empty Re: What is your favourite 'BOT' in WWR ?

Post by Wooly Sat May 09, 2015 1:28 am

Dar Wolfram wrote:
I love the square story. I love you  It's so wonderfully dark, devious and twisted and, when combined with the toddler-like locomotion of the MK1s, makes for one incredibly cute and deadly war bot.

Ha, thanks. I was trying to convey what I see in a square to someone who isn't necessarily a fan of them. It all started with the WWR book for me,... fleshing bot stories out a bit. A LOT is open to speculation, but there's many of us that really enjoy that part of it. Then when Ash confirms or clarifies the canon we all just freak out in delight.
Wooly
Wooly
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by Dar Wolfram Sat May 09, 2015 1:58 am

^I remember originally reading the story in one of your posts on the old forum and always believed it to be intel from Ash (when he used to interact on the board). The fact you fleshed it out makes it even more wonderful as it so perfectly describes the MK1s that it really could/should be considered the "real story".
Dar Wolfram
Dar Wolfram
Tomorrow King

https://worldof3alegion.forumotion.com/t30-list-your-collection-a

Back to top Go down

Post by SQUID Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:09 pm

Tough choice between Bertie Mk3 and Armstrong 1G for me. All the bots are pretty sick in their own little (or big?) ways...
SQUID
SQUID
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by marqzbox Fri Dec 25, 2015 5:18 am

Deep Powder Bramble!

marqzbox
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Squiddy Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:49 pm

Although all the bots are awesome, and I especially love the larger bots, I chose the Dropcloth 1.5. I agree withe comments about the versatility of the the Droppy when paired with a human and I like the additional elbow joint of the 1.5. I also like the more expressive head because of the double ball neck joint.

Captain Squiddy
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by Zilla Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:01 am

Even tho my most wanted bot is Monty, i would have to say my favorite bot is the MK3 mode B bertie....

Zilla
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sleepyd0g Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:06 pm

Dead Eyes Dropcloth for life>
Sleepyd0g
Sleepyd0g
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by Oneluckyboy Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:14 pm

The first thing that got me in Three A was the Bramble. I still love that design. I think second place would be a tie between the Bertie & Dropcloth. I love them the same, but for different reasons...and then there is the Armstrong....
Oneluckyboy
Oneluckyboy
BST Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by ESeffinga Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:09 am

Bertie Mk1
ESeffinga
ESeffinga
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by karr1981 Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:59 pm

For me its the Heavy Bramble

karr1981
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by illproxy Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:52 am

Caesar simply cuz we got so much intel about that bots behavior back when Ash was here, the story makes all the difference for me.
illproxy
illproxy
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by Solodice Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:00 am

illproxy wrote:Caesar simply cuz we got so much intel about that bots behavior back when Ash was here, the story makes all the difference for me.

Likewise. It's that awesome ace in the hole you play when you really need a win on the battle field.

I also like it because for such a big bot it is extremely pose-able. Yeah, you can get some good poses out of the Mk3s and LM/DLMs but they're limited by their design of what you can do (not a bad thing). The Caesar feels as agile as a DC but it's got the size and bulk where it can pretty much kill anything from a Mk3 Bertie to a DC. It is truly the ultimate apex predator and I love it for that.
Solodice
Solodice
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by QuietStorm11 Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:03 pm

I ultimately went with the Large Martin, closely, very closely followed by the mk2 Bramble. I have a couple of each in 1/6 and the LM is such an big imposing machine. LOVE IT Smile
QuietStorm11
QuietStorm11
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by Firehazzard Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:15 pm

So many great bots
EMGY dropcloth MK1, Gravedigger heavy bramble and so many others
Firehazzard
Firehazzard
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by karlton Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:08 pm

Bramble Mk2! Love the the short fat guy

karlton
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3