World of 3A Legion Outpost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3AA 2016 Discussion

+76
theparallax
Heirforce
<{OjO}>
Hogarth
ennui
crab rangoon
MrJack
mijho
voleboy
noisebot
Jaybo3000
SzuTsung
MarkyMac
Dar Wolfram
dtrain
Beaumont
koonfasa
pezbanana
Argentix
Mouse9090
Jahright
fluppeco
Danz
carryingthebag@yahoo.co.u
abex44
SpiderPig
gunm
Jubal285ive
Matrix
noveltycross
luk
thumbtack82
Minion
gundamben831
J&J
Grish
zzzzz
DutchBot
Artoo
Crem
Oneluckyboy
Wooly
LV-426
miracle bubbles
ghostmouse
zbrushman
UsedUniverse
counterfeit
PiggyV01
3a_boltman
666ways2love
Sideglide
BlackBellamy
Joshimus
SQUID
Firehazzard
papamadoo
ESeffinga
BPP
x43x
GrandpaStern
Knightjar
chiowhon
Mr. Rictus
Siona
gregory
Kedao
Plastic Robo
Chivo
illproxy
IronChap
gar
geisT
gimbat
Skipper11x
Albino
80 posters

Page 7 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14 ... 21  Next

Go down

3AA 2016 Discussion - Page 7 Empty Re: 3AA 2016 Discussion

Post by abex44 Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:10 am

... nit excited not unexcited. Just indifferent. Will hold judgement until the full reveal.
My 3AA days may be numbered.

abex44
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Chivo Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:32 am

I just want to say you 1/12th supporters don't buy as much or put as much money in the pot so to speak. Thusly, not much 1/12 characters coming out. It's business folks!

I also want to say since we haven't seen the body yet, it could be a Pascha body, you know like the fem Vader or Supreme Nom. That would definitely rile up some conversation albeit probably negative.
Chivo
Chivo
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by BPP Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:39 am

It's nothing to do with scale. I buy 3A in all scales (except 1/3 so far). LP noted 1/6 would be out of sync with the rest of the characters he's appeared with (1/12). He wasn't complaining it was 1/6. Nobody was.

BPP
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshimus Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:57 am

The 15% discount for what may be coming in 2016 is enough for me to buy this. Not excited for the nom either but, not gonna make me pass on 3AA this year because of it.

Joshimus
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by Chivo Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:18 pm

I was merely pointing out that Von Nom wouldn't have been made in 1/12th scale 'cause it's a bad business decision.

Do you seriously think Von Nom would have been made in 1/12th simply for the fact that the shitty 9 were in 1/12th? Ash doesn't always follow storyline congruence. You guys who have been here long enough should know that.
Chivo
Chivo
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by ghostmouse Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:19 pm

I would think NOM would be a safe figure for the 3AA set since, I imagine, most of him will be recycled parts lowering the cost of producing him (not to mention the speed of production) which in-turn will keep the cost of the set down... But I don't know how toy producing works and if any of that is a factor.
ghostmouse
ghostmouse
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Chivo Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:24 pm

Nom is a safe choice.  Think about all the 1/6 scale military collectors out there.  A lot of the folks that begin collecting 1/6 scale begin with military type figures.  3A also began with Nom and new folks probably being introduced to 3A will most likely be attracted to it first for the military styled figures.
Chivo
Chivo
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by counterfeit Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:30 pm

NOM always the best choice, 3A started with WWR, even before 3A, there's bertie pipebomb, and counted as WWR.

But for most recycle parts, I don't think so. NOM have more new parts than other figure I think. The evolution on helmet and hoses, etc.. you can see different parts/sculpt from original de plume, then nom comm, then 4th NOM, then marquis, and now Von.
counterfeit
counterfeit
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by carryingthebag@yahoo.co.u Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:12 pm

Yawn! Thanks 3A I will find it easier to keep my vow to spend less on toys in 2016. This is not the compulsive must have 3AA membership set of previous times.
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by LV-426 Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:25 pm

. . .

Last edited by LV-426 on Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:47 am; edited 1 time in total
LV-426
LV-426
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Skipper11x Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:07 pm

As a WWR collector, I was not happy with the Lass set (the only thing I kept was the card) and of last year's set I kept everything, I don't collect 3ago but I like those figures. Von is perfect for me for 3aa because I was close to dropping out all together especially the way 2015 was handled. Unlike most here this year I'm in it for the pack and I see the discount as an added bonus. This year I've spent less than half what I have done in other years and part of that is 3as fault. Roth mule & square were must buys but the sales were handled so badly it's like 3a were deliberately out to sabotage themselves. I hope 2016 improves or at least delivers on what was promised for 2015 but for now all negativity is fading, only happy thoughts.
As for Von in 1/12 or 1/6. The way I see it is if he was released in 1/12 first and didn't sell good then he might not get a 1/6 release but since he's being done in 1/6 first I'd say that improves the chances of a 1/12 release. Actually I'd say it pretty much guarantees it, I can see him being released at the end of the Shifty 9 maybe even a Von + pet set?
Skipper11x
Skipper11x
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by Sideglide Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:48 pm

As someone who was collected the shitty 9 thus far, I sure as shit hope the 1/12 scale is made. Ive never had a "set" or "legion" before from 3As story or toy series. Given the set is angled towards Japanese collectors and fans, I would think deviating from the plan would seal it for 3A in one of the most disposable income 1st world countries.

Don't deviate 3A.
Sideglide
Sideglide
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by geisT Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:20 pm

illproxy wrote:
BPP wrote:

Dosent count at all. It's DULL. Big whup he's got four hose not two, Lordy that's star bores level of nerd excitement. We all have NOMs falling out our asses, here's another....

I'm in for the discount (otherwise I'd never by anything but 2000ad) and I'm sure there will be a snappy shirt but actually I'm just a but dumbfounded by how generic and unoriginal yet another NOM is.

this. glad im not alone feelin this way.

so much potential in AK that has yet to be tapped.vamps and Frankenstein monster types and mega zomb i.e. christ even in WWR there are characters begging for a dope figure like roger allen merc with his robo limbs after his failed hunt for nom de plume. the martian sloggers. hell consider popbot and the list is endless. shocked it wasnt mort, sumthn that has been asked and wanted now for years.

and von in 1/6? wtf you smokin threeA all the shitty 9 have been in 1/12. do you even stop and think? christ.

before the lynch mob comes at me, back off its my opinion like you have yours.

No lynch mob here, illproxy!  Wink
I`m pretty sure the legion likes you (and your jungler love plus your intel story knowledge) and as we are a legion of gentlemen here on board
(plus you have valid arguments)  i can understand your thinking!

Surely, a more "neutral" figure like Mort (i was also sure, that Morty would be the membership choice)  or some
classic monster type figure in AW design would also be a great AA figures and for the 1:12 shitty9 collectors this 1:6 Von is a bitter pill for sure,...

But at worst you can always sell the Von with ease on the aftermarket as de De Plumes are always a save turn that had a lot of supporters
out there and as glad as i am with the Von choice, some AK or Popbot after WWR Ago last year,  would have been maybe a more pleasant option for many of you guys....but in a selfish way (only 1:6 and mostly WWR collector)  i`m more than happy with this Von Nom!  Cool
geisT
geisT
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by Chivo Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:13 pm

I agree. If the 1/6 support is there, they're more than likely to make the 1/12th version unless it was physically impossible or just looked wonky. Which if you think about it, it might be the case. Some things translated into 1/12th just don't look as good as in 1/6th. And a four hosed Nom seems a long way off especially if they haven't done the Nom 4th/Disciple or even the Marquis/Sombre de Plumes in 1/12th.
Chivo
Chivo
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by papamadoo Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:20 am

Chivo wrote:I agree.  If the 1/6 support is there, they're more than likely to make the 1/12th version unless it was physically impossible or just looked wonky.  Which if you think about it, it might be the case.  Some things translated into 1/12th just don't look as good as in 1/6th.  And a four hosed Nom seems a long way off especially if they haven't done the Nom 4th/Disciple or even the Marquis/Sombre de Plumes in 1/12th.

well the direction of the 1|12 scale now who seem to work. Is retailing.

the shitty is excluisve to retail. and I am sure they will continue to produce WWrp but it will be send throught retail. That not a bad Idea, like ash said WWR is not a cash maker, its more a Dada candy to him.

and the retailing for the 1|12 help with the cost. Its just not likely to see 1|12 drop on bamba for a while. the membership for 1!2 its a really bad idea, I did it once and i flipped to 1|6 for that.

theyre was a reason for themm to stay up 1 or 2 week on the sale page.
papamadoo
papamadoo
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by miracle bubbles Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:31 am

Need a full figure photo. Still on the fence.
miracle bubbles
miracle bubbles
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by gregory Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:26 am

The thing with 1/12th scale is it costs just as much to develop as 1/6th, and with the lower price point you have to sell twice as many to break even, which is why the retail model works so much better for the scale than sales alone at Bamba. Between Diamond and regional retailers they get more exposure and support that way. They'll still be sales on Bamba in 1/12th scale, but they'll primarily be retail assortments and packs or company specific exclusives like the Shitty9

Admin

https://www.instagram.com/gregoryprout/

Back to top Go down

Post by BPP Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:16 am

I think everyone can agree how fucking AMAZING the first 1/12 2000AD stuff has been. If 3A buyers haven't been taking a sniff at it because they don't really know the source material then they need to get some smelling salts out. Judge Death was just different level shizzle.

BPP
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by UsedUniverse Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:47 am

Still think that they should have gone with Les Mort for 3AA. We've been waiting a loooong time for an updated version of him. Don't really mind Von Nom but I think 3AA should showcase something brand new, new concepts.
UsedUniverse
UsedUniverse
Nom di Sciple

http://useduniverse.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by gar Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:41 am

UsedUniverse wrote:Still think that they should have gone with Les Mort for 3AA. We've been waiting a loooong time for an updated version of him. Don't really mind Von Nom but I think 3AA should showcase something brand new, new concepts.

Les mort is from 2008 so not very brand new or a new concept.  Wink
But I understand what you mean.
However last time threeA did that they get lots of flak, 3AGO 2015 and even the leggy Lasstranaut of 2014 comes to mind. (You simple can't please everybody)

An Adventure Kartel Mega Zomb would be great as 3AA.
Especially since threeA would be able to push out a pretty nice number of this new platform.
But I fear the market of Zombs isn't that massive globally. Don't know how big the popularity is in Asia beyond Zombkin...

hmmm... Mega Zombkin.

Anyway, back on topic.
1:6th Von Nom is a good choice as 3AA 2016, maybe a bit conservative.
But after a crazy year like 2015 and at the start of 2016 it's good to see there is always something to rely on: a 1:6th Nom.
Can't wait for a full reveal and more info on the boxset.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by papamadoo Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:22 am

As a new member would be a third years. I am all in for conservative approach like releasing a old already out figure with diffent color or gear.
papamadoo
papamadoo
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by BPP Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:34 am

Personally I thought Lass was perfect.. A unique figure, central to the AW mythos, wonderfully packaged and unique features not replicated since. That's what 3AA should be. Andy would have been a great choice actually.

I'm in but I'm not excited about another NOM at all.

BPP
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by Crem Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:52 am

It's what- 9 days from drop time and still no reveal...Seems so drawn out- just show us the membership pack already! It's going to be 9+ months until they show so why extend the wait?
I would love the option of just buying the discount and a tshirt and card,since that's quick and easy and could reach everyone in a reasonable timeframe.
Not too sure I wanna re up again as I feel most of the items I've actually wanted are/were unattainable Asian exclusives while most BAMBA items have underwhelmed IMO.Also done with the weeks of hype for items that show unannounced on BAMBA and seem to always end up in the same collectors hands exclusive after exclusive.there has always been a feeling of a 'Elite' group of 3A supporters who seem to score EVERY damn exclusive while others get fucked by the crappy crashes and bots used by flippers and profiteers! I was once so excited for which this company was moving in,now most of the excitement has been beaten out of me by the way things are run and handled...I guess for every guy like me who is at the end of their rope,there are 20 new guys eager to take our place- so we are just dismissed and years of involvement seem for not...
So many items have been promised and teased- and so much of my money/time has been invested and very few of the items I was buying in on have never been made.Instead I feel like the money I've spent has gone to making/developing a line of Barbies with nipples and clits and exclusives for expos on the other side of the globe that I can never get- no new mort,future mort,PRV,the spank,downside,mega Zomb,peppermint bothead,the rest of DD2,WF ARMSTRONG ,1/6 BERTIES of classic factions,1/6 DLMs- just to name a few! It's horseshit really...
I am throwing down the gauntlet and challenging 3A to fulfill at least some of these promised items- especially the peppermint bothead we all bought in on- or give a deeper discount on the membership as I'm not sure this company still produces the items that interest me...
Also, make this the year that a TK makes its way to SDCC and NYCC- as every Asian con/expo has seen many and we have always gotten the shaft...

Crem
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by ghostmouse Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:36 am

I don't believe 3A owes me anything more than what I buy from them (and maybe followthrough on their word), but, I do like to think that when I buy something the money from that goes towards other announced projects and not exclusives or anything of the sort.  With that said, when I make money from multiple places, it's all pooled together, so money from source "A" isn't only put towards project "B".  And of course if one source makes far more than the other, well, you stick with what makes money.

Also, I think mega-Zombkin would be the only 1/3 scale (is this what mega means?) figure I'd buy from 3A.
ghostmouse
ghostmouse
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by counterfeit Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:15 pm

con exclusive become like trend in the few pas years... it doesn't apply only to 3A but almost all other company, as I live in asia, doesn't mean I can grab all the exclusive, travel to country within asia are not cheap, even plane ticket to japan almost as expensive as to US from my country, lol.

as for promises, yeah I agree with you crem, I still waiting for 3AGO square for wonka square buyer, and also panda superset Sad

but nevermind, I will still renew my membership, I love NOM cheers cheers
counterfeit
counterfeit
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14 ... 21  Next