World of 3A Legion Outpost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tomorrow Kings General discussion

+109
aconners1
3a_boltman
Takezo
koonfasa
Cthulhu
counterfeit
Oneluckyboy
pezbanana
papamadoo
thumbtack82
Chivo
Artoo
abex44
Devours
DannyB
Nothing
Matrix
x43x
Chanimation
DpM
BlackBellamy
johnnyhaggis
Beeswax
dragonklien
tango12
fredfran
Mr3AGO
konfucious
Onaux
rikitiki
Firehazzard
Deb Inc.
Bassnoir
fink
slowbrom
d3nnis
altego101
Skipper11x
Wooly
dtrain
Crem
Albino
geisT
wutasi
dextercat69
Tsuba
nixon_3AA
Darthgothikus
gregory
LordPiper
J&J
chiowhon
Grish
Beeratt
zendeluxe
turbs
Beaumont
illproxy
RestlessEye
Toolarmy
Rad Toy Review
Kedao
Danz
ozz
Plastic Robo
BPP
666ways2love
Jubal285ive
3Afan
miracle bubbles
luk
crucial1
Argentix
goddamnanalog
straytoaster
ArtofJeAA
UsedUniverse
regalia
DT2
Siona
ArtWar
gundamben831
ESeffinga
les_trois_as
Sideglide
IronChap
fluppeco
ineedmoretoys
bianco
Ce
Vaxillus
GrandpaStern
dbpom
PiggyV01
7bones
Dar Wolfram
gar
bubs67
Deus Machina
SpiderPig
Utakuninja
jcr518
Losartan
bubblegumking
Mouse9090
grimrealities
ianross
billy_t85
gimbat
113 posters

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

Tomorrow Kings General discussion - Page 23 Empty Re: Tomorrow Kings General discussion

Post by Skipper11x Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:12 am

Do it Vince, give in to the dark side.
Skipper11x
Skipper11x
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Tomorrow Kings General discussion - Page 23 Empty Re: Tomorrow Kings General discussion

Post by chiowhon Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:24 am

V nice shadow deathmask. I hope the blister card ones are the same n available to all n not some convention thingy. Otherwise will be saaaad if need to get at aftermarket price. Hope ash spare a thought for us. Imagine is the figure is available thru bam a, the money save fm paying aftermarket rate will allow us to get more figures and won't that benefit 3A n us.

chiowhon
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by pezbanana Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:47 am

^ Ash's logic is not compatible with what benefits 3A or the customers. Ash logic = punk artist logic. Usually full of inspiration but devoid of practicality and common sense. It's part of the 3A experience, for better and for worse.

No, he won't release dark death mask again, only as a show exclusive in blister card. So whether the bamba chase or the show exclusive, you're getting a very rare figure. That is Ash's intention.

Maybe it's best to buy death mask now while there is some offer and prices haven't gone up so high. Or get death mask Archer, while not as cool he IS a death mask.
pezbanana
pezbanana
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by Crem Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:56 am

I just wish that whatever body they used on a figure that costs over $100 that it would be solidly made and free of such issues as loose joints and whatnot.these issues have been too widely spread for too long.they need to be remedied- not just in words and replacement bodies- but actually FIX the issue. I have purchase a ton of toys in my lifetime- good,bad,cheap and expensive- and I can say I have had more issues with 3A toys than any other toy or figure (just edging out Mcfarlane Toys).

This isn't being said to rip what ash n co are doing creatively- as the aesthetic if threeAs products really appeal to me.this is really about the engineering and design of their 1/6 bodies. You wouldn't normally buy anything with structural issues or known flaws- so why should we continue to support the company if they arent supporting their money/fan base by producing a consistent quality product? The house looks beautiful from the outside but it's termite damage can bring it down...

#legionstrong # body issues

Crem
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by DannyB Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:29 am

http://www.worldofthreea.com/threea-production-blog/2x2fol6858j7kam1w3i8hi0t5k6mme

We've been had!
DannyB
DannyB
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by straytoaster Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:45 am

Since I'm one of the few who got a nonfloppy heavy slicer, I must say the ridiculously large battery pack is just too heavy and would cause problems even with non floppy bodies. so I'm leaving mine off.

if you've ever had any gundam kits it's very common for the figure to not be able to hold or lift up some of the extra large shields and guns.  on some kits they've remedied that problem ( only a very few models ) by having a tab/notch on the side chest area where the arm can tab into to lock the arm to  hold a gun pointing pose.  maybe if some company can engineer a figure body like some of the diecast toys with maybe a locking mechanism (say at the torso if the figure had a heavy backpack) then maybe that would work.

straytoaster
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by konfucious Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:15 am

What's the email address for customer service again? I got a floppy TK as well...

konfucious
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by Cthulhu Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:29 am

cs@threeaonline.com
Cthulhu
Cthulhu
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by konfucious Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:38 am

Thanks!

konfucious
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by RestlessEye Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:00 am

DannyB wrote:http://www.worldofthreea.com/threea-production-blog/2x2fol6858j7kam1w3i8hi0t5k6mme

We've been had!

I finally had a chance to open my Obsidian TK today.  All the joints are tight as hell.  Why can't all the TKs be this way?  I'd say he was perfect but of course he is missing paint on his chin due to the clamshell.  Does the clamshell really need to be so tight?  Or is the top shell even necessary?  The original HTKs shipped in a plastic tray with nothing covering them and they arrived just fine.  So many of my TKs have arrived with missing paint on the chin, etc. due to the clamshell.
RestlessEye
RestlessEye
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by Bassnoir Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:23 am

...Saturday June 13...Seattle (Olympia) Washington area...Death Mask showed up...apparently there will be no need to sign for 3A product anymore...that's got to save them some serious money...not a complaint...simply an observation...
...the box is stellar...above average big time...
...no broken bolts on the feet...
...missing the six grenades everyone else is...
...the figure stands on it's own...a little loose but it stands on it's own just fine...
THIS is the absolute most beautiful 1/6th TK I have...and I've got well over a dozen...
I am genuinely sorry for the folks having to deal with the obviously serious QC issues...in the past...for me anyway...Customer Service has been very responsive to the few problems I have had...yes they wanted pix...I supplied them and parts promptly sent...I'm guessing we (ThreeA Legion) are never going to know the real extent or magnitude of the problems and issues about the release chronicled in this thread...given the never ending stream of problems posted I still think it would serve 3A to acknowledge and make good...as they have in the past...and let us ALL move on...
Bassnoir
Bassnoir
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by Nothing Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:12 pm

People can say whatever they want, I just got Yoshitsune the other day and he's great. Sure the body is a little loose but everyone knew this figure would never stand on its own. The figure looks like a battle machine. This kind of style is exactly what got me into 3A in the first place.

I'm still wondering if I made a mistake skipping the death mask..stand alone that figure looks badass legit.

I cannot wait for my loper set with bothead to arrive.
Nothing
Nothing
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Nothing Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:18 pm

and speaking of the bothead set... It's crazy to look back and see the set was $380 and the singles like death mask were only $145

For $235 this bothead better be really fucking cool..
Nothing
Nothing
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by fluppeco Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:39 pm

Nothing wrote:Sure the body is a little loose but everyone knew this figure would never stand on its own.

Omg really? When you go buy a car, you also don't expect it to actually drive, I guess. I don't get your attitude sir, you payed a lot of money and you're satisfied with a faulty product. I'm lost...
fluppeco
fluppeco
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by papamadoo Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:48 pm

Nothing wrote:and speaking of the bothead set... It's crazy to look back and see the set was $380 and the singles like death mask were only $145

somepeople as put a possible size for the bot Tomorrow Kings General discussion - Page 23 93304c49106b0d34ed92fa4a34aa5da8

its about the size of a biker helmet.
papamadoo
papamadoo
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by gar Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:18 pm

The Fuck Jenga Classic TK Severed Head was US$60 back in September 2012.
Already small compared to the LW 53 bothead, it really should be dwarfed by this one.

The volume of this 12" Heavy Duty Loper robot head should be between 8 and 12 times the volume of the Classic robot head.
(depending on how you measure)

So stack 8 Classic robot heads together 2 by 2 and you get a nice indication of the minimum size.
(I can't do it for you because I don't have enough classic botheads.)

So US$ 235 isn't that bad...
Actually US$ 199.75 because it was a 3AA exclusive so all Heavy Duty Loper 3AA LTD Sets have been sold for US$ 323 instead of US$ 380.

[edit]
I see the head is a bit tilted in this blurry prototype pic
If it is 12" high the same rule applies, though.

Tomorrow Kings General discussion - Page 23 66ec593e-8069-4b0e-a3cb-ab59fb7abcd4_zpsxoiqozyw

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by koonfasa Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:31 pm

Never saw that before, awesome, but that box is going to be huge!
koonfasa
koonfasa
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr3AGO Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:58 pm

fluppeco wrote:
Nothing wrote:Sure the body is a little loose but everyone knew this figure would never stand on its own.

Omg really? When you go buy a car, you also don't expect it to actually drive, I guess. I don't get your attitude sir, you payed a lot of money and you're satisfied with a faulty product. I'm lost...

This thinking is very common and part of the problem. I'm with you flupp.

Btw having pics of the bot head would have been great, but far to helpful.
Hope this isn't a one time use if its actually good. All other heads have been reused at one point.

Mr3AGO
Yesterday Kid

https://www.accountkiller.com/removal-requested

Back to top Go down

Post by Argentix Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:49 am

Nothing wrote:and speaking of the bothead set... It's crazy to look back and see the set was $380 and the singles like death mask were only $145

From my time with ThreeA I can say that the figures sold via 'sketches' (without proper sale pictures) almost always come out badass. I think Ash goes out of his way to reward people willing to take leaps of faith with his sketch-sold items. It will be good - just wait...
Argentix
Argentix
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by Artoo Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:08 am

koonfasa wrote:that box is going to be huge!

Probably part of the price as well. Shipping something that big all over the world can't be cheap. My neighbors will think we ordered a new washing machine when it arrives on my doorstep. Exclamation
Artoo
Artoo
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by pezbanana Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:58 am

ashleywoodart: Making a quick archer comic 2 pager!

Tomorrow Kings General discussion - Page 23 11334640_1602492150006010_2034545651_n

I LOVE IT !!! ... Hopefully it's for inclusion in the Archer's box. Or does it look digital only?
pezbanana
pezbanana
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by slowbrom Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:41 pm

So, I finally asked for shipping info, from CS, for my Yoshitsune. The tracking that I got is originating in the Netherlands and has nothing more than "has left country." So now I am worried that have to wait much longer and it oddly seems suspicious? I almost never comment like this but has anyone ever gotten wonky tracking or had their item shipped from anywhere outside Asia?
slowbrom
slowbrom
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by gar Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:42 pm

Funny to see they originate from the Netherlands for Canada as well.
Thought that was a Continental European thingy.

I am located in the Netherlands but haven't seen anything either.
No tracking, no Death Mask.

But I always have a wait and see approach to all my orders.
I never not received a threeA order, but have been last in line a couple of times.
Thanks to said PostNL. Wink

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Argentix Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:32 pm

Damn, I can't wait to see those fully cloaked TK Hunters. Gotta love robots with fabric capes! Smile
Argentix
Argentix
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by 3Afan Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:41 pm

Which one of you geniuses made this video? So creative Very Happy:D:D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HRt0WBQvLE
3Afan
3Afan
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next