World of 3A Legion Outpost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Collector Questions - Ask your general questions here

+22
Wooly
guccicat
ennui
counterfeit
Arex_B
wutasi
thesensman
dr37
Robolettox
Dar Wolfram
g0ll0tti
Joshimus
NickLee13
Argentix
3a_boltman
gar
Hogarth
Skipper11x
Chivo
titan1979
gregory
rudi_bot
26 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

New Collector Questions - Ask your general questions here - Page 2 Empty Re: New Collector Questions - Ask your general questions here

Post by Guest Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:26 pm

Chivo, look at me.

Do you... do you... love me?

Back to top Go down

New Collector Questions - Ask your general questions here - Page 2 Empty Re: New Collector Questions - Ask your general questions here

Post by Argentix Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:32 pm

titan1979 wrote:Thanks Argentix, I've decided to stick with the Ebay route for now.  I've been steady collecting the older figures, and almost have all the must haves. I'll reevaluate later after I have all of my must haves.

I've bought exactly 3 ThreeA figures over the past year - 2 of them were Dirty Deeds Berties (which I recently sold off due to deciding not to want yet another dark colorway in my collection) and the third was Von Nom, which I only bought because I had the 15% discount from already being 3AA from a past year. So yeah... not exactly the 'golden era' of ThreeA if you ask me. I have harsher words for it, but as I've said in the past, only fans who care about what they love bother to type detailed criticisms...

So I'll shut up.

Last edited by Argentix on Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Argentix
Argentix
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by Chivo Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:35 pm

The real question is Do you love yourself?
Chivo
Chivo
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:58 am

I hate myself and want to die.

Back to top Go down

Post by Chivo Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:37 am

We will all die in the end. Wink
Chivo
Chivo
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by NickLee13 Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:06 pm

Vince?
NickLee13
NickLee13
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by Chivo Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:11 pm

I believe that was determined in another thread.
Chivo
Chivo
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshimus Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:33 pm

Since I joined in 2013 having a membership has been great. This year, also have membership, but I haven't bought much at all. Just two 2000AD figures. That's all in 6 months. Part of the issue was usd to cad has been brutal so I have to be really really choosey about what to buy in USD.
So far this year seems like a wasted membership but 2013-2015 were absolutely useful. The way I look at it, if my discounts throughout the year amount to more than what I paid for the Membership, it's more than worth it. If I had funds for TK Hunter, the discount I would get on him would be 88.00 in my pocket or towards the membership price. Plus the few I already have is already 100.00 most likely. However USD to Cad is still up there so I can't just drop that nor the 200 deposit. So...I still have half a year to make up for it...or I don't.

Joshimus
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by g0ll0tti Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:41 pm

I'm new to 3A collecting and first time poster.

I apologize if this question has been asked before. Do all 3A figure parts inter-connect with each other? Would boots from a Adventure Kartel figure fit on a TK figure, or TK figure to a different TK figure (Death Archer/UKTK)?

g0ll0tti
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by Dar Wolfram Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:06 am

g0ll0tti wrote:I'm new to 3A collecting and first time poster.
I apologize if this question has been asked before.  Do all 3A figure parts inter-connect with each other?  Would boots from a Adventure Kartel figure fit on a TK figure, or TK figure to a different TK figure (Death Archer/UKTK)?

Welcome to the board. Very Happy

Well, yes and no. Hopefully someone with more knowledge/experience will explain in better detail but what I know from personal experience is that the actual footwear for the guys, once removed from the feet, can be put on the feet of any other male figure. Not all footwear is removable because some have the ankle peg molded into the boot (e.g. the original Tharg and Rothchild figures). The ankle pegs are not universally interchangeable (they vary in size based on when the figure was manufactured and the body-style used) and, though they may seem to fit, will split the piece they fit into (I know this from experience) or expand it to the point the original pegs become useless and the figure is unable to stand. There is a legion member who makes and sells (or did at one time) ankle pegs that can be used universally for the male figures. When he has them available he usually posts on the KidRobot 3A BST thread and is great to buy from.
Dar Wolfram
Dar Wolfram
Tomorrow King

https://worldof3alegion.forumotion.com/t30-list-your-collection-a

Back to top Go down

Post by Argentix Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:12 am

I might as well add that in regards to the robot figures (WWR, Popbot) there has been little success interchanging parts. Some customizers have attempted mixing WWRp parts (Heavy Bramble arms, Caesar legs) with WWR figures, but in all cases the ball joints had to be modified in some way. Even though some ball joints may look similar in size, it seems that ThreeA does not use a universal size for ball and socket joints on their robots.
Argentix
Argentix
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by g0ll0tti Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:48 am

Thank you Dar Wolfram and Argentix for your responses.

g0ll0tti
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:56 am

Any tips on collecting the 3A superior toys, senpai-tachi? Is Master Lok Ho a taboo subject 'round 'ere, b-baka..?

I've desperately sought to join the upper crust for a while, a long while... Finally, after all these years, I have truly become Ashley Wood's boy!

Just got my EVENFALL T.O.T.E.M THUG PUGILLO 1/6TH (it ain't 3AGO starts playing) designed by born in 1971 Australian comic book artist and illustrator Ashley Wood!

It says here you aren't worshipping at the feet of the divine prophet Ashley Wood, would you care to explain? I love him as a man loves God, I'll admit it...

These are not mere toys, but are in fact works of art! DESIGNER/ART/INDIE/URBAN/VINYL TOYS! SARIN GAS!

So does anyone know what would be some good companion pieces to shift, crank, pull, adrenaline my 3A toys collection?

Back to top Go down

Post by Chivo Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:24 am

Though not from the same line, but perhaps TK Cornelius would go well with the color scheme.
Chivo
Chivo
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

New Collector Questions - Ask your general questions here - Page 2 Empty New to 3A figures, tips about maintenance anyone?

Post by Robolettox Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:20 am

Hello!

I just received my first 3A figure, the Titan from Destiny.

It is an amazing figure but it is unlike any I have ever had before. I collect Square Enix Play Arts figures and believed the Titan would be like them, only bigger.

It was a surprise for me to see all articulation is hidden by a rubber body.

While it looks very beautifull I am worried it may crack and break someday.

So I am here to ask if there is some preventive maintenance to be done to avoid this, and tips in general to keep the figure in good condition for a long time.

Any help will be appreciated!

Thanks all!

Robolettox
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by gregory Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:22 am

Cool, congrats on your first purchase!

To clarify we do not use rubber, we use a soft PVC which is more durable and should prevent any cracking.

Admin

https://www.instagram.com/gregoryprout/

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshimus Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:39 am

Soak your figures in lemon juice to keep the finish from fading...Just kidding. DON'T DO THAT!
Honestly, if you have them enclosed in a display case where dust is minimal, the figure won't need cleaning. Also, to quote Gremlins, keep them out of bright light, especially sunlight. It kills them. Really it would possibly fade the skin tones if exposed 24/7 in sunlight, but that goes for all things plastic. Plastic fades from light exposure.
Really, so long as you don't play crazy with them, there is no reason for them to break. The more detailed figures like DOTM Prime, he's gonna be either in my Prime display cases or with Hot Toys display case. Either way, prevents him from falling. Would be SUPER SAD if he broke.

Joshimus
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by Robolettox Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:04 am

Thaks for the answers!

Robolettox
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by Chivo Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:51 am

Lemon juice does keep fruits from browning, but that's for another thread.
Chivo
Chivo
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshimus Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:48 am

Chivo wrote:Lemon juice does keep fruits from browning, but that's for another thread.
Oh absolutely. Making a fruit salad for a get together, add lemon juice. Especially helpful with apples to prevent browning the moment air touches it, aka as you cut it :p

Joshimus
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by dr37 Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:47 pm

Does anyone know the relevance of the C/No. on the shipper boxes? Do they relate to the release number of those figures? Also why some people do not disclose those numbers when selling their figures?
dr37
dr37
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by gregory Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:46 pm

Edition sizes in general are rarely disclosed. The C/No on the sides of the shippers do not pertain to the actual edition number, they are for sorting and keeping track of the quantities for shipping purposes

Admin

https://www.instagram.com/gregoryprout/

Back to top Go down

Post by dr37 Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:28 am

Gotcha... Yeah i was just wondering since some secondary market sellers cover up that number - thought there was a lil more to it. Thanks Gregory
dr37
dr37
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

New Collector Questions - Ask your general questions here - Page 2 Empty Are EMGY pieces really that rare?

Post by thesensman Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:11 pm

Hey guys, I am back to collecting again after a little absence (long story about divorce). While unpacking my collection I realized that I am missing a few pieces mainly an EMGY. I am looking for anything, any size and it looks like. they are almost impossible to find. I am even putting a custom one together piece by piece but that's proving difficult too. Is it an old version or really rare or something else I don't know???

Thanks and it's good to be back. I forgot how much I even love the way these things smell (sorry if that's weird).
thesensman
thesensman
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by Skipper11x Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:13 pm

Good luck tracking them down. They are pricey because they are rare and popular. But they do look great. Welcome back and best wishes with everything.
Skipper11x
Skipper11x
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next