World of 3A Legion Outpost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Collector Questions - Ask your general questions here

+22
Wooly
guccicat
ennui
counterfeit
Arex_B
wutasi
thesensman
dr37
Robolettox
Dar Wolfram
g0ll0tti
Joshimus
NickLee13
Argentix
3a_boltman
gar
Hogarth
Skipper11x
Chivo
titan1979
gregory
rudi_bot
26 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

New Collector Questions - Ask your general questions here - Page 3 Empty Cleaning my Daywatch Bertie

Post by thesensman Wed May 10, 2017 10:44 pm

So after about 2 years in storage and 2 moves i finally finished unpacking my collection last night and was amazed that only a few items were damaged considering they were packed moved and unpacked 2 times. The right thumb on my 1/12 Medic Bertie broke, the index finger on my 1/12 JEA Heavy Bramble was also trashed. I am not sure how to proceed with fixing them and it seems that there are no spare parts available. Beyond that everything else survived in tact except for my Daywatch Bertie that was leaning up against several darker pieces and got a few smudges on him. Can anyone recommend the best cleaning method, warm water and a soft cloth didn't work?

thanks and i am so happy to be collecting again.
thesensman
thesensman
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

New Collector Questions - Ask your general questions here - Page 3 Empty Re: New Collector Questions - Ask your general questions here

Post by wutasi Thu May 11, 2017 1:46 am

You will need paint thinner to get the job done.
And just to be sure, the Daywatch Bertie is supposed to be squeaky clean without any weathering correct?

Also if you ever want to hit up DIY repair there are some good references in the self-repair thread.
wutasi
wutasi
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

New Collector Questions - Ask your general questions here - Page 3 Empty Re: New Collector Questions - Ask your general questions here

Post by thesensman Thu May 11, 2017 2:41 am

Thanks Wutasi I will try a tiny amount of paint thinner (maybe on a q tip) and yes the Bertie is supposed to be squeaky clean and glossy. The Heavy Bramble version I have is weathered.
thesensman
thesensman
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

New Collector Questions - Ask your general questions here - Page 3 Empty What do you guys think?

Post by Arex_B Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:37 pm

So some of you might remember I'm only 14 and collect WOIP. And since the World safari book is available to buy again, I was thinking I'd buy it, but then I read the 2 pages they show on the photos and it seems pretty nsfw. Do you guys think a 14 yo could read it?
Arex_B
Arex_B
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by gar Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:57 pm

Depends on the 14 year old.

Simple test:
If you can't ask your parents openly what they think about this book and if you, as a 14 year old, could read it.
(ie: let them read those pages, you've already read).
The answer is a pretty loud NO, you're not mature enough.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by counterfeit Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:57 pm

No, I'm not recommend for you, not even for 18yrs old, I think Pascha Safari Book aimed at least for 21yrs old
counterfeit
counterfeit
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by ennui Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:39 pm

I agree with gar, that it depends on the individual.
It is definitely erotic fiction intended for mature audiences.

Admin

Back to top Go down

New Collector Questions - Ask your general questions here - Page 3 Empty Do most of the 1/6 scale figures have ankle pivot?

Post by guccicat Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:02 pm

Looking specifically at the nightwatch commander, does he have ankle pivots? thank you for any info!!

guccicat
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by Chivo Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:57 am

Yeah most 1/6 scale figures have ankle pivots, but there are two nightwatch commanders: the original one and the recent one. The original one has a hard rubber boot if I remember correctly mine's stored away and you won't be able to utilize the ankle pivot on that one. The more recent one has the pleather boot from what I've seen in pictures. On that one you should be able to use the ankle pivot based on other figures I have that have the same type of boot.
Chivo
Chivo
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooly Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:37 am

Right, what Chivo said. I believe 99% of 3A bodies have the ankle ball joint - but it's less about that and more about the shoes.
The shoes will be the piece that limits mobility.

F-Legion's kicks have always been my favorite as a switch up for TKs.
And the pleather boots for WWR is a great swap out.
Wooly
Wooly
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

New Collector Questions - Ask your general questions here - Page 3 Empty Changing Bambaboss faces

Post by thumbtack82 Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:12 am

So I just got a DIY Bambaboss in the mail today, and I'm wondering if anyone has any tips for how to remove the face when swapping out the faces? I had no trouble taking off the gas mask face thanks to those peg like parts, but can't seem to get much of a grip on the actual face version and I don't want to mark it up by trying to use something to pry it up around the edges. Any suggestions?

Thought I'd mention I'm not in a rush to swap out the face just yet, but I figured I'd ask about this just in case I ever did want to change the faces.
thumbtack82
thumbtack82
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by dtrain Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:31 am

Go in through the smoke hole with a wire hanger and push it out.
dtrain
dtrain
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by Chivo Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:36 am

Or try blowing it out through the smoke hole.
Chivo
Chivo
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by thumbtack82 Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:07 am

Thanks for the tips guys! Blowing through the smoke hole worked, the face popped off rather easily. Glad to have gotten that all sorted out. cheers
thumbtack82
thumbtack82
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by Endzeit Sun May 24, 2020 9:31 pm

deleted

Last edited by Endzeit on Thu Nov 10, 2022 3:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

Endzeit
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by gar Mon May 25, 2020 6:25 pm

Endzeit wrote:Is there a backstory to the Bambaboss character?

Well, Bambaboss started in the early 2Ks as Bambalad.
It appeared in lots of drawings sketches and artwork of Ashley Wood.
Books like Grande Finale and Sencilla Finale (and therefor Extreme Finale) are filled with it.
Same with Uno Tarino, etc.

First appeared in Popbot comics, so it is seems to be part of the Popbot lore, although there is a WWR JEA marine variant as well.
It was a bit like Kuntsler Bear and the current Ashtrolad: everywhere.

Seems to be ASD and ADHD anabled

threeA version was shown in March 2009 on Ashley's blog later a DIY variant was released as threeA's 1st anniversary release.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Endzeit Mon May 25, 2020 6:27 pm

deleted

Last edited by Endzeit on Thu Nov 10, 2022 3:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

Endzeit
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Marasai_Man Sun May 31, 2020 3:47 am

Hello
I’m Marasai_Man and I’m new to the forum, I’ve always been a fan of WWR from the designs to the lore. I got into it fairly young and was trying to mass a collection of my own, but as many of us know they get pretty pricey with time. So I came here to see if any one would be willing to give 2 WWRp a home, these are the only two I have. I came here first rather than going straight to eBay wanting to give the people who love WWR knowing they are going to appreciated. I have 2 1/12 scale WWRp Caesar in the EMGY and BcELL color ways. I want to sell them both as a set both are used boxes are in near mint condition the Caesars themselves have been mostly in there boxes the entire time I had them occasionally bring them out to display. 175 for the set is price negotiable and I maybe down to trade if you have any type of other collectibles PM if interested.

Marasai_Man
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by Chivo Sun May 31, 2020 7:32 am

You can create your own Want To Sell thread here:  

https://worldof3alegion.forumotion.com/f35-for-sale-trade

or you could also join the facebook Threea BSTs.
Chivo
Chivo
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by Marasai_Man Sun May 31, 2020 1:20 pm

Thanks you

Marasai_Man
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3