World of 3A Legion Outpost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

N.O.M. discussion - Commanders, de Plume, etc.

+55
fubfub
Drip
Willm
Femtech
beeto bot
deru_here
x43x
ennui
Sleepyd0g
Morittchi
Noir
zzzzz
Godolphin
Beaumont
dtrain
Mr. Rictus
LordPiper
gregory
<{OjO}>
Plastic Robo
Chivo
gar
SpiderPig
Weeb
counterfeit
Danz
chiowhon
thumbtack82
zendeluxe
666ways2love
ESeffinga
gimbat
LV-426
soulburn
Hogarth
IronChap
Firehazzard
Wooly
Argentix
Skipper11x
UsedUniverse
Oneluckyboy
3a_boltman
illproxy
gundamben831
Cthulhu
wutasi
papamadoo
Artoo
bubs67
Dolly
Reks36
geisT
Albino
ianross
59 posters

Page 2 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next

Go down

N.O.M. discussion - Commanders, de Plume, etc. - Page 2 Empty Re: N.O.M. discussion - Commanders, de Plume, etc.

Post by Oneluckyboy Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:36 am

The trench looks like the faux leather instead of cloth..but can't be 100% sure. You can't deny these guys look really fab!
Oneluckyboy
Oneluckyboy
BST Mod

Back to top Go down

N.O.M. discussion - Commanders, de Plume, etc. - Page 2 Empty Re: N.O.M. discussion - Commanders, de Plume, etc.

Post by UsedUniverse Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:47 am

The good this about this is for people coming into 3A now and missed out on the OGs. The other good thing for me is that I have the OGs and don't need the redux of these and will save me $$$ for new toy designs.

geisT wrote:
papamadoo wrote:I ll make him a jet pack. I see these commander with jetpack XD

Oh yeah, a "Himmelsstürmer"(SkyStriker) styled Comm sounds cool! Like Boba NOMs:D

I really like this idea with these figs. Like something out of The Rocketeer where you see the German invasion animation film in the movie. I think something like that would look killer.
UsedUniverse
UsedUniverse
Nom di Sciple

http://useduniverse.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Skipper11x Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:52 am

Any confirmation if these are 1/6 or 3ago scale? Any idea when we'll see them for sale (and 3a "soon" doesn't count) Very Happy
Skipper11x
Skipper11x
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by papamadoo Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:15 am

Skipper11x wrote:Any confirmation if these are 1/6 or 3ago scale? Any idea when we'll see them for sale (and 3a "soon" doesn't count) Very Happy

looking at the boots, its sure to be 1|6, the fo leather give you the hint.

3Ago is solid plastic.

and yes the coat look like fo leather like the 3AA mamber pack Von
papamadoo
papamadoo
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by Skipper11x Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:23 am

Thanks Pap, I'm all in for WWR 1/6.
Skipper11x
Skipper11x
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by Argentix Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:41 am

Wait... these are new 1/6th NOM Coms?

Huh, I got really confused for a second and thought this thread was just really old. They do indeed look to be 1/6th judging from the size of the weathering patterns. I guess we're getting Daywatch/Nightwatch Commanders... again? I'm sure they'll have some other name since 3A never re-releases old figures... Wink
Argentix
Argentix
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by gar Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:14 am

papamadoo wrote:
Skipper11x wrote:Any confirmation if these are 1/6 or 3ago scale? Any idea when we'll see them for sale (and 3a "soon" doesn't count) Very Happy

looking at the boots, its sure to be 1|6, the fo leather give you the hint.

3Ago is solid plastic.

and yes the coat look like fo leather like the 3AA mamber pack Von

It also looks like they have the slimmer body type.

See highlighted text in the screendump below regarding scale.
(Comment by Siu Yi)
N.O.M. discussion - Commanders, de Plume, etc. - Page 2 Screen%20Shot%202016-03-16%20at%2023.06.15_zpsqp5trzm2

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooly Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:43 am

illproxy wrote:nom commanders again? feel like im bein trolled when i see whats coming via threeA these days Shocked  
^ Laughing Laughing Laughing

yeah you know, it's so strange. So much opportunity to expand a giant universe but I guess I get it.... you can use those headsculpts, those boots and the jacket that was just produced again and again. Boom, "NOM redux"! That, and it gives others the chance to get in on something that had it's last iteration in 1/6 3-4yrs ago.
I actually find myself mixed about this,... it'd be one thing if they were just a totally different geared up take on the NOM duo. Space gear, Mars gear, etc... but my first reaction to this is how less special it seems to make all of the previous versions imo. I don't know,.. just mixed...
I so love the OG NOM masks and the vibe they have when part of my collection, but yeah,... it's just time for the new new in the WWR world.
Needing that next chapter.

(I hope there is a 3AA variant, LOL Twisted Evil )
Wooly
Wooly
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by Oneluckyboy Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:22 am

yeah..I would really like a 3AA version..and hopefully an option for singles or set.
Oneluckyboy
Oneluckyboy
BST Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Firehazzard Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:48 pm

I guess this is version #5...
So far: light, dark, shadow, daywatch/nightwatch,
Dont think Ash's hair will fit under the helmet tho...
Maybe a 3aa, bloody, or RedCoat version
N.O.M. discussion - Commanders, de Plume, etc. - Page 2 P8031503
Photo credit MemeComplex
Firehazzard
Firehazzard
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by ESeffinga Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:22 pm

The Noms outnumber the actual "armies" of soldiers.
Heh.
ESeffinga
ESeffinga
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by UsedUniverse Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:25 am

Wow, forgot that there were that many.
UsedUniverse
UsedUniverse
Nom di Sciple

http://useduniverse.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by illproxy Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:39 am

how about a terran commander duo for all the grunts or how about martian sloggers? no, more nom coms... uhhhhh ok sounds good Shocked

the bits of hair sticking up on one of them is new no?

Last edited by illproxy on Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:50 am; edited 1 time in total
illproxy
illproxy
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by IronChap Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:47 am

Looks like we're in for another year of rescales and rehashes. I appreciate that this will be a good opportunity for folks without OG Commanders to expand their crew, but what happened to originality at 3A? The Malibu Stacey with new hat gag is wearing thin :/
IronChap
IronChap
Tomorrow King

http://www.collectathingy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hogarth Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:29 pm

Feels like a re-release despite the updates.  Good for those who have been seeking the OG's but couldn't afford the aftermarket prices.  I suspect these will sell fairly well (and probably piss off anyone who has the OG's and were looking to profit).  It's still a great design.  If I didn't already have a set of commanders, I might be in myself.
Hogarth
Hogarth
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by geisT Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:32 am

Hogarth wrote:Feels like a re-release despite the updates.  Good for those who have been seeking the OG's but couldn't afford the aftermarket prices.  I suspect these will sell fairly well (and probably piss off anyone who has the OG's and were looking to profit).  It's still a great design.  If I didn't already have a set of commanders, I might be in myself.

Yeah, it`s a cool update (but the trench gives me more a "Paris Fashion Week" vibe, with Noms on the catwalk after they fucked Lizbeth and Isobelle backstage ... very stylish...    lol!   ),
and the OG`s Noms have a different vibe to me (and the good ol bodytype which is in my opinion far better and sturdier)....

Plus the OG Shadow Commanders were a super rare (50?) Con excl., so a redux release is nice and clever move to me....but i would be more hyped for new Grunts or Martians!  bounce

Maybe we will see also a Barguest/Fantome redux version (or a Kuan Ti What a Face ) soon, as i don`t like visible joints on human figures,
i put shadow Merde`s coat on my Barg, and this simply looks stellar and has some great Heath Ledger Joker vibes... Very Happy
geisT
geisT
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by soulburn Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:42 am

Wasn't there also some GID commanders that never got released as well?

- Neil
soulburn
soulburn
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Skipper11x Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:21 am

So how will these be sold? 2pk NW & 2pk DW or will there be singles? I wouldn't mind a single but not sure if I'd prefer black or white. Oh & would there be a clean or dirty option. After all my time here you'd think I'd know. bounce
Skipper11x
Skipper11x
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by papamadoo Sat Mar 19, 2016 4:09 am

the best woulb be NW and DW Surprised
papamadoo
papamadoo
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by LV-426 Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:07 am

geisT wrote:Yeah, it`s a cool update (but the trench gives me more a "Paris Fashion Week" vibe, with Noms on the catwalk after they fucked Lizbeth and Isobelle backstage ...  

OK . . . That was pretty good.       Razz

As for me I think the white coat looks cool and I haven't been around long enough to have any of the original NOM, so I'm not complaining about a retread. I can see how reveals like this may be disappointing to vets though. Sort of like a flat soda.

papamadoo wrote:I want to see Women WWR head tho.

Me too. I'm wondering about the female NOM secret police that was mentioned in one of the old Q&As. On the Instagram he dismisses the idea of female NOM though, saying he's done that figure with the Supreme Commander. Maybe he lost interest in the idea, who knows.
LV-426
LV-426
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Chivo Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:02 am

I think the problem is Supreme Nom probably didn't sell that well.  I think if Supreme Nom was less Paschaesque and more Queenyesque  in terms of body style and footwear and gloves then it probably would have drawn a larger audience.  But probably a Queenyesque stature wouldn't have given the character the grandeur that perhaps Ash wanted or the character needed.  Just my thoughts on that.

As far as these new Nom Comms, I'll have to see more pictures especially with the masks off.
Chivo
Chivo
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by Cthulhu Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:02 pm

Bring em on, I'm ready!
Cthulhu
Cthulhu
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by gar Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:06 pm

Cthulhu wrote:Bring em on, I'm ready!

Not ready.
I am never ready.

But the fact they're quite different and tighter proportioned than the original N.O.M Commanders makes them too appealing to ignore.

I agree with the sentiment that it would be nice to see more from the WWR universe.
Martian Sloggers, Grunts Mk2, more Bertie MK2 colorways than the Dirty Deeds etc.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gimbat Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:49 pm

gar wrote:
But the fact they're quite different and tighter proportioned than the original N.O.M Commanders makes them too appealing to ignore.

Same here, love the refreshed look
gimbat
gimbat
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by geisT Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:24 am

Yeah, the more i look at the new Coms, the more i dig the re-freshed look...grower NOMs for sure! Very Happy

As speaking of the blanc colorway, i bought the OG NW/DW Set a year ago (mainly for the NW Commander to join my dark crew), and was totally blown away by the DW Commander and i instantly became a fan of the blanc Noms...

Too bad, the Ago Squares and aftermarket Dutch Bertie just assaulted my wallet, so if they drop this month, i`m forced to skip this sale...but great designs and i will add at least one redux Commander later!

geisT
geisT
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next