World of 3A Legion Outpost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tomorrow Kings General discussion

+47
ALogicalEnding
silvermoom
raphmeister
ArtWar
zendeluxe
x43x
3AFr
Artoo
LordPiper
geisT
Albino
Hacky
Joshimus
Matrix
koonfasa
Reks36
gcJAE
gundamben831
beeto bot
Mr3AGO
Chivo
KORNdog
illproxy
<{OjO}>
megazomb
ESeffinga
haaspodge
Skipper11x
Firehazzard
dtrain
3a_boltman
gregory
adzmax
UsedUniverse
wutasi
Hogarth
Oneluckyboy
Vaxillus
Cthulhu
counterfeit
gar
Plastic Robo
3A BOLTMAN
theparallax
deru_here
SpiderPig
dr37
51 posters

Page 17 of 27 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 22 ... 27  Next

Go down

Tomorrow Kings General discussion - Page 17 Empty Re: Tomorrow Kings General discussion

Post by 3AFr Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:58 pm

gar wrote:
3AFr wrote:
gregory wrote:Yep, Jodan has a snub nose revolver and it is awesome.

There will be a few variants of both TKs exclusive to different locations. Ultra Tomorrow Exhibition, WO3A.com, and SDCC. Primary differences will be the t-shirts.

Just to be really sure ... both will be available in preorder on WO3A, so accessible to everyone? Wink

If you aren't picky about the shirt design, yes.

Via Wood (@instagram) Instagram:
ryca_artist: @ashleywoodart are they gonna be available for everyone to pre order ?

ashleywoodart: @ryca_artist yup

Ok thank you for the confirmation, and I will not be difficult for the model tshirt ... if I can get a tk Yama version. Laughing
3AFr
3AFr
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Tomorrow Kings General discussion - Page 17 Empty Re: Tomorrow Kings General discussion

Post by SpiderPig Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:27 pm

There will be a few variants of both TKs exclusive to different locations. Ultra Tomorrow Exhibition, WO3A.com, and SDCC. Primary differences will be the t-shirts.

variants Wink Wink Wink
expect a deathmask ? a loper ?? lol!
SpiderPig
SpiderPig
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by gar Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:21 am

SpiderPig wrote:

variants  Wink  Wink  Wink
expect a deathmask ? a loper ?? lol!

I expect it to be something like the Adventure Kartel Tommy Mission release with different T-shirt variations.
Not different colorways.
gar
gar
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SpiderPig Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:56 am

You broke my heart, I had already chosen a space for a loper..... Neutral pale
SpiderPig
SpiderPig
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by gar Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:05 am

SpiderPig wrote:You broke my heart, I had already chosen a space for a loper..... Neutral pale

That's what I expect.
I know nothing but struggle.

Loper variants, etc. would be cool, but maybe it doesn't fit the narrative...
Maybe if threeA sells a lot of these, they decide to make more variants, maybe pre-made... I dunno.

So far the only variant is a DIY Yama for the ULTRA TOMORROW TK Photo Contest Finalists and top 6 entries.
No idea if beyond these 18, there are more produced or even available.
gar
gar
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gundamben831 Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:46 am

So is Jodan going to be a normal release that anyone can purchase or will he be a show exclusive? I love the look of him, plus he would look awesome next to Master 5.
gundamben831
gundamben831
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by Chivo Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:50 am

From what Ash said on IG it seems like available to everyone.
Chivo
Chivo
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by ArtWar Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:48 pm

I guess there will be no loper... and there is already an oyaloper.

a diy Yama would be nice... but I would be strange when the gift would be available for preorder... it would make it less special!

ArtWar
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by gar Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:24 pm

Agreed regarding DIY Yama.
But DIY figures aren't something I am particularly interested in.

Jodan and Yama look fantastic.
Not sure what to think about the " * NOT FINAL " fine print,
hopefully Jodan won't change too much in the final version.
(I wonder what happened to the TK logo in the Jodan images, is it an error or is it holding a stick or sword?)

Tomorrow Kings General discussion - Page 17 J1

Tomorrow Kings General discussion - Page 17 Yama1
gar
gar
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 3AFr Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:07 pm

The bandage on Jodan's arm is gone, maybe the explanation for "not final"
I not really like new shoes ... I think buy Yama version, if the price remains correct. Absence of the 15% bonus always hurts....
3AFr
3AFr
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by gundamben831 Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:19 pm

I'm still hopeful for a similar resemblance to the pre-order images for Jodan. Also liking the little cross hanging from belt loop, that's a nice touch.
gundamben831
gundamben831
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by Cthulhu Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:27 pm

I want them both, NOW daddy!
Cthulhu
Cthulhu
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by gar Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:30 pm

Shanghai Toy Show pricing and availability announced:
(via @SzuTsung on twitter)

Shanghai Toy Show April 12 / April 13 / April 14

Last Stand Yama
CN¥ 1270 / US$190 - 50 pcs / 40 pcs / 10 pcs (100 pcs in total)

Smirking Master One Jodan
CN¥ 1270 / US$190 - 50 pcs / 40 pcs / 10 pcs (100 pcs in total)

14" Severed Robot Head Flesh Eater Mortis Royal
CN¥ 2600 / US$390 - 30 pcs

I don't know what WO3A shop pricing will be because of the added world wide shipping costs.

Last edited by gar on Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
gar
gar
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by deru_here Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:37 pm

Hopefully it isnt much of an increase for both Yama and Jordan. The bot head however may have an added 30 to 40 plus to it (i hope to god not). We don't know much about weight of the head, but its probably got some heft to it.

deru_here
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Skipper11x Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:40 pm

Damn that's some pricey stuff!
Skipper11x
Skipper11x
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by deru_here Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:42 pm

I'm ready to snag them all!!!!!!!!

deru_here
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by SpiderPig Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:10 am

deru_here wrote:I'm ready to snag them all!!!!!!!!

deru_here
Tomorrow Kings General discussion - Page 17 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRzZdX2oasfKYhDi3SSNvB-3zA7flR0g-7upvKywRA9r0VrJgXp

me
Tomorrow Kings General discussion - Page 17 9k=
SpiderPig
SpiderPig
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by deru_here Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:38 am

me after the sale
Tomorrow Kings General discussion - Page 17 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTdCFTXZOerTqRBInzPxtF_J2dpzYBHbY1pgDEe2ym1bPm1Eu_d

deru_here
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by gundamben831 Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:58 am

Damn that is some pricey TK's, still hoping I can snag one of the Jodan's with it's limited amount. With the limited amount does that mean it will be pre-made on the store or they are allotting only so many to be made once the sale is completed?
gundamben831
gundamben831
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by gar Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:39 am

Skipper11x wrote:Damn that's some pricey stuff!
gundamben831 wrote:Damn that is some pricey TK's, still hoping I can snag one of the Jodan's with it's limited amount.  With the limited amount does that mean it will be pre-made on the store or they are allotting only so many to be made once the sale is completed?
These edition size numbers above are pre-made Shanghai Toy Show numbers.

As far as I understand Jodan isn't limited during the regular WO3A pre-order sale.
So ffeel free to buy as many as you like.

I am not surprised by the price. Feared it would be a bit higher.
Hopefully world wide shipping costs don't add up too much.

Production costs have been exploding since threeA started almost 11 years ago and the dampening effect of the financial crisis waned off a couple of years ago.
Especially in a niche market threeA's Ashley Wood releases are in, you seldom talk about thousands of toys. Mostly hundreds and sometimes even less per colorway.
Which is horrendously expensive to do, if you try to streamline production for popular, high volume designer toys in an extremely competitive market.
gar
gar
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gundamben831 Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:56 am

gar wrote:
Skipper11x wrote:Damn that's some pricey stuff!
gundamben831 wrote:Damn that is some pricey TK's, still hoping I can snag one of the Jodan's with it's limited amount.  With the limited amount does that mean it will be pre-made on the store or they are allotting only so many to be made once the sale is completed?
These edition size numbers above are pre-made Shanghai Toy Show numbers.

As far as I understand Jodan isn't limited during the regular WO3A pre-order sale.
So ffeel free to buy as many as you like.

I am not surprised by the price. Feared it would be a bit higher.
Hopefully world wide shipping costs don't add up too much.

Production costs have been exploding since threeA started almost 11 years ago and the dampening effect of the financial crisis waned off a couple of years ago.
Especially in a niche market threeA's Ashley Wood releases are in, you seldom talk about thousands of toys. Mostly hundreds and sometimes even less per colorway.
Which is horrendously expensive to do, if you try to streamline production for popular, high volume designer toys in an extremely competitive market.

This just made my day, I am happy to hear that he will have a normal sale on the site. Yeah shipping will more than likely be a killer but I still feel it'll be worth it. Thankfully this will more than likely be one of my last few ThreeA purchases for a while, I'm about to start Aviation Mechanic school starting the first and all my dinero is going to be allotted to that for the next two years. Always gotta go out on a bang, kinda was like that last year for me bought Warbot full load right before I moved across the states and didn't get much else except the AK mook book (been so hard to want to drop more money on things, too many good books I've missed out on)
gundamben831
gundamben831
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by <{OjO}> Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:09 am

Seems 3a has become a rich mans game unfortunately! At these prices, low production numbers is all they'll need cause there'll only be 10 people left that can afford these things! The prices keep rising and the figures keep moving away from what made them great IMO. Guess I'll just have to be happy with the collection I've got and reminisce about the good old days!
<{OjO}>
<{OjO}>
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by <{OjO}> Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:19 am

Disclaimer!! I may be bitter cause I haven't got that 15% 3aa discount which psychologically made it easier to purchase expensive things I don't really need! (BUT I'M SAVING 15%)!!
<{OjO}>
<{OjO}>
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by Chivo Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:19 am

Yeah, they should move towards payment plans for every figure especially if figures are going to cost more every year. I wonder how other online retailers are doing with the sale of 1/6 figures? With the cost of figures going up every year and the generation of figure collectors getting older and less likely to collect, I wonder where the industry is headed?
Chivo
Chivo
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by raphmeister Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:19 pm

Thanks for posting pricing info here Gar.
Was initially considering the bot head but that is out now. Yama though is a likely buy Smile cheers
raphmeister
raphmeister
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 27 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 22 ... 27  Next