World of 3A Legion Outpost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3AA 2015 Discussion

+87
chiowhon
SQUID
Joshimus
BlackBellamy
koonfasa
noisebot
SpiderPig
Mouse9090
counterfeit
3a_boltman
venom666
Bassnoir
GrandpaStern
RestlessEye
dedguy
Kedao
Chanimation
ghostmouse
Crem
Chivo
Musahi13
Deus Machina
Dar Wolfram
Devours
Gloomy
Vaxillus
Crazypanda
Nothing
Matrix
Franksenstein
dragonklien
mereel
raveer
ineedmoretoys
zzzzz
Knightjar
ultimatefighter
straytoaster
Mr3AGO
theparallax
Argentix
expathos
UsedUniverse
jsalsa23
Arroneous422
Beeratt
Cthulhu
miracle bubbles
beeto bot
OCDC138
Sideglide
Noir
Oneluckyboy
turbs
YING
slowbrom
noveltycross
ennui
Wooly
IronChap
ozz
Rad Toy Review
zbrushman
geisT
wutasi
Mr. Rictus
Toolarmy
gimbat
Dolly
ESeffinga
666ways2love
gregory
Beaumont
Drip
BPP
fluppeco
Skipper11x
illproxy
mijho
Artoo
thumbtack82
Ce
pezbanana
Grish
spizzness
papamadoo
Albino
91 posters

Page 20 of 32 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 26 ... 32  Next

Go down

3AA 2015 Discussion - Page 20 Empty Re: 3AA 2015 Discussion

Post by Guest Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:40 am

HELP HOW DO I FIX THIS THE DRAWSTRING IS FRAYING! I've pulled so many loose threads off the trousers already anyway god damn the whole things are gonna come unraveled god damn it why am I not allowed to have nice things? I'm gonna cancel every order but 3A is all I have to live for I need help! JUST TELL ME HOW TO FIX THE STRING PLEASE! I haven't even opened my shitty 9 harold..............

I need to stop collecting toys I need to stop collecting 3A especially I'm not feeling too good here umm guys....................................

3AA 2015 Discussion - Page 20 Y1GONlJm

Back to top Go down

Post by IronChap Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:44 am

If you do open the Harold the process of attaching his arms is going to cause you to have a stroke.
IronChap
IronChap
Tomorrow King

http://www.collectathingy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Chivo Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:14 pm

TIE A KNOT AT THE END OF THE DRAWSTRING!  WHY AM I SHOUTING!  I MUST NOT PANIC.  THESE ARE JUST TOYS. TOYS CAN BE FIXED. TURNING The knob...lowering the volume...calming down...follow the pendulum...you are getting sleepy...on the count of three you will fall asleep...when you awake in eight hours, you will no longer be OCD...1...2....3...SLEEP!
Chivo
Chivo
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by 666ways2love Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:33 pm

Vince vs the forum
3AA 2015 Discussion - Page 20 Giphy
666ways2love
666ways2love
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by IronChap Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:39 pm

Hahaha, that's pretty much how I've always imagined vince ever since I first saw him pop up on KR. I still remember him trying to get someone to pay for the WWRp 3AA MIM set for him because he didn't want to pay in advance. Classic Laughing
IronChap
IronChap
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:24 pm

I'm gonna quit 3A... I can't quit 3A... I'M USING 3A AS A STATUS SYMBOL! See it's the original art of the brilliant artist Ashley Wood and collecting it makes me better than YOU! Well not YOU as in you guys here on the forum because you are also 3A collectors so that would make us all equals. I mean YOU as in non 3A'ers WE ARE SUPERIOR TO THEM! They are nothing but ants to us! No but seriously I used the 3A toys as a status symbol I mean I'm a pretentious douchebag and my taste in art and design supplements my lack of personality and social skills or something I don't know stop bullying me!

So like I was saying I latched onto 3A for some reason and it's a status symbol for me. HAHA WHAT DO YOU COLLECT? TMNT POWER RANGERS (they don't call it sentai) TRANSFORMERS HE-MAN YOU MANCHILD HAHAHA I COLLECT DESIGNER ART COLLECTIBLES BY BORN IN 1971 AUSTRALIAN COMIC BOOK ARTIST ASHLEY WOOD! See? This is original art it's unique and interesting! YOU ONLY COLLECT ANIMATION TIE-IN TOYS HAHAHA! Are you allergic to toys that aren't from something? Yeah I know how stupid this sounds I mean I'm saying THE TOYS I COLLECT ARE BETTER THAN THE TOYS YOU COLLECT! I mean how lame is that? I'm an elitist 3A collector.

I mean I could start collecting Mobile Suit Gundam figures by Bandai Tamashii Nations but those aren't a status symbol so what's the point? I mean yeah sure I like them but there's not prestige or power associated with them. Any moron can get these but 3A is something really special! Then again 3A is becoming more and more accessible I see all these "action figure" collectors jumping onto the 3A bandwagon and as an elitist hipster it's making me really upset. You guys wouldn't understand... or maybe you would because you are also 3A'ers I don't know it just doesn't seem like anyone else has blind devotion for 3A like what I do... Then again I ALWAYS COMPLAIN AND CRY ABOUT HOW I WILL STOP COLLECTING THEM!

I actually did stop collecting 3A at one point the days were so long and empty...... I must remain a devoted follower of Ashley Wood! I bet Ash would hate me if he knew I existed... I'm the worst kind of 3A'er aren't I? This feeling weighs heavily upon me because I idolize Ash. I love him as a man loves God. He is a true visionary of the art toy design he is the strongest of men he's the greatest HOORAY ASHLEY WOOD YO! I don't usually care about celebrities (or anyone other than myself) like who cares if Robin Williams is dead what did he ever do for me? Now if something happened to Ash I would be devastated...

Back to top Go down

Post by IronChap Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:30 pm

3AA 2015 Discussion - Page 20 MJ-Popcorn
IronChap
IronChap
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by Devours Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:48 pm

da fuq?
Devours
Devours
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by Beaumont Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:44 pm

is there an ignore button on this forum? jesus christ.
Beaumont
Beaumont
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by ESeffinga Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:18 pm

Indeed. But there's always the self ignore. I read the first few, but now just skip every single post.
Sorry Vince, it's true.
ESeffinga
ESeffinga
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by fluppeco Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:34 pm

yeah, I don't get him. Is it a comedy bit he's doing? I can enjoy that, but if this is sincere, vince? you have problems, dude and you're collecting for all the wrong reasons and acting like a teenager.
fluppeco
fluppeco
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by Dar Wolfram Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:40 pm

vincejustvince wrote:Help how do I fix this the drawstring is fraying!
3AA 2015 Discussion - Page 20 Y1GONlJm

A small amount of fraying/unraveling can help to make the figure appear more realistic but if you want to keep it looking 'fresh-from-the-box new' then buy seam sealant/fray stop or clear matte/non-gloss nail polish and put a drop of it on the ends of the drawstrings/cords to keep them from unraveling. If you choose to tie a knot (as suggested), which also looks really nice, you can coat the knot to keep it from becoming untied.

For the cord already unraveled: put a drop of the sealant or polish on your thumb and forefinger and spread it around a bit, grasp the cord a bit above the unraveled area and carefully twist (in the direction so that the cord is being re-twisted) and pull it between your thumb and finger. Once done, position or hold the figure so the cord is hanging freely and not touching anything until it dries (usually a minute or two). When dry, apply a drop to the ends for added fray prevention. In future, apply a drop of whichever product you choose to the ends of all cords and drawstrings as soon as the figures arrive to avoid fraying/unraveling.
Dar Wolfram
Dar Wolfram
Tomorrow King

https://worldof3alegion.forumotion.com/t30-list-your-collection-a

Back to top Go down

Post by gimbat Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:54 pm

Dar Wolfram to the rescue!!
gimbat
gimbat
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zzzzz Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:56 pm

Got my package today. Love the print. JJ made me chuckle. Right card, but wrong unwearable size t-shirt unfortunately...

Commanders and Bertie are amazing. REALLY like 3AGO. (Again, just wish there were ankle articulation. Why not make those boots out of the same material as the hoses?)
zzzzz
zzzzz
Oyabun

https://instagram.com/cinco_zeta

Back to top Go down

Post by noveltycross Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:04 am

Yeah the ankle movement is really hard to work with.
noveltycross
noveltycross
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by geisT Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:22 am

@Dar Wolfram
Very kind, Mister! Very Happy
(too bad, that normally Vince doesn`t respond (ignores?) to helpful posts, but rather focus
on some negative thoughts and post his next strange comment )

@ZZZZZ
Congratz!
How are Commanders compared to the 1:6 ones?

Damn, i want to hate AGO, because too many scales ruined the meal (flippy da flopp),
and the lack of sixth scale De Plumes/Grunts/Martians/War Nurse Jessica/Pink Ladies or Fallen or Callen or any other human WWR figures is annoying and boring...
(not a Fan of Rothy and Mechanic without a gasmask option...but thats my problem  Very Happy )
geisT
geisT
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by noveltycross Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:03 am

3AA 2015 Discussion - Page 20 Unname10

3AA 2015 Discussion - Page 20 Unname11

Had no idea on what to do with this thing. Little dude was way more interested in it then I was.

Also with the designer dildo, Hoping to find some adult toy collectors who might be interested in a designer dildo. I don't want to throw it away. So this is the next best thing I can think of.
noveltycross
noveltycross
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by geisT Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:45 am

this little mops dude!! drunken
geisT
geisT
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by pezbanana Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:58 am

I haven't opened my box because i'm so afraid my card and shirt will be all wrong, oh what to do???

LOL JK... I'll open it when i go visit my dad in a month's time. He has it. But if the card and shirt ARE in fact wrong, will i be ineligible for a replacement because i informed CS a month later?

Oh boy, my name on a 3AA card! Fancy feels accumulating in anticipation! bounce
pezbanana
pezbanana
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by turbs Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:07 am

Anyone frame their "print" yet? I can't even find a suitable size frame...
turbs
turbs
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by x43x Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:18 am

Mine will never be framed. Too many prints in the queue and not enough wall space.
x43x
x43x
BST Mod

http://x43x.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:07 am

Dar Wolfram wrote:A small amount of fraying/unraveling can help to make the figure appear more realistic but if you want to keep it looking 'fresh-from-the-box new' then buy seam sealant/fray stop or clear matte/non-gloss nail polish and put a drop of it on the ends of the drawstrings/cords to keep them from unraveling. If you choose to tie a knot (as suggested), which also looks really nice, you can coat the knot to keep it from becoming untied.

For the cord already unraveled: put a drop of the sealant or polish on your thumb and forefinger and spread it around a bit, grasp the cord a bit above the unraveled area and carefully twist (in the direction so that the cord is being re-twisted) and pull it between your thumb and finger. Once done, position or hold the figure so the cord is hanging freely and not touching anything until it dries (usually a minute or two). When dry, apply a drop to the ends for added fray prevention. In future, apply a drop of whichever product you choose to the ends of all cords and drawstrings as soon as the figures arrive to avoid fraying/unraveling.
I asked CS and it doesn't look like they are going to respond to me about how to fix the string so I guess I'll check out the fray sealant. Thanks man. Is there a any particular brand that people normally use?

Okay on to the next crisis. How am I supposed to tie these tiny strings? Even when I can tie them the loops are too big and it just falls apart. There's got to be some secret trick because on my other NOM Commander the strings came tied.

Back to top Go down

Post by zzzzz Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:58 am

vincejustvince wrote:There's got to be some secret trick because on my other NOM Commander the strings came tied.

I just re-tied one of my commanders strings... It wasn't easy, but not impossible either. I was thinking using tweezers, but in the end managed without. Just try good ol' trial and error.

And besides, loose strings are officially cool among commanders:

3AA 2015 Discussion - Page 20 ?format=2750w
zzzzz
zzzzz
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by BPP Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:01 am

turbs wrote:Anyone frame their "print" yet? I can't even find a suitable size frame...

Did anyone get an acceptable print? Mine is white on white with a smudge of grey brown. Barely recognisable as the image on the card. Perhaps because it's 'print' people aren't bothered but if it was the same QC issue on a figure people would be up in arms.

Amazed AW didn't get a reprint when he saw these things for signing them. They are inept.

BPP
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by zzzzz Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:03 am

BPP wrote:
turbs wrote:Anyone frame their "print" yet? I can't even find a suitable size frame...

Did anyone get an acceptable print? Mine is white on white with a smudge of grey brown. Barely recognisable as the image on the card. Perhaps because it's 'print' people aren't bothered but if it was the same QC issue on a figure people would be up in arms.

Amazed AW didn't get a reprint when he saw these things for signing them. They are inept.

sounds really bad... Mine is ok.

Can you post a photo of your print?
zzzzz
zzzzz
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 32 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 26 ... 32  Next