World of 3A Legion Outpost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World's Best Robots - MARS, ROMULUS and REMUS!

+43
IronChap
SzuTsung
ozz
achtanders
Oneluckyboy
miracle bubbles
Plastic Robo
Danz
Matrix
robonaut
itisnick
regalia
PiggyV01
Joshimus
Rad Toy Review
mattyp
aconners1
Henchman
zzzzz
Cthulhu
geisT
noveltycross
jsalsa23
gonk
Grish
Mr. Rictus
papamadoo
gar
Mr3AGO
Shit Narnia
gregory
Jessiedart
illproxy
ESeffinga
UsedUniverse
Reks36
Beeratt
wutasi
x43x
fluppeco
GrandpaStern
Knightjar
gimbat
47 posters

Page 8 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next

Go down

World's Best Robots - MARS, ROMULUS and REMUS! - Page 8 Empty Re: World's Best Robots - MARS, ROMULUS and REMUS!

Post by Henchman Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:06 am

Got my Romulus in, had to do some minor surgery just like a lot of people but overall turned out ok, plus he looks pretty good with his new roomies...

World's Best Robots - MARS, ROMULUS and REMUS! - Page 8 IMG_1359_zpsfatrouml

Henchman
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

World's Best Robots - MARS, ROMULUS and REMUS! - Page 8 Empty Re: World's Best Robots - MARS, ROMULUS and REMUS!

Post by Oneluckyboy Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:18 am

Ah..we needed a blue and yellow version!
Oneluckyboy
Oneluckyboy
BST Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by ESeffinga Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:33 am

Nice set! I keep telling myself I also need a Maz and Goldrake but haven't found good ones for a good price. Plus I've had my Shogun loving eye out for a clean Godzilla to replace my childhood one that has gone missing. Heartbroken about that.

I'm terrified to set my Romy up on a shelf like that until I can get his ankles better worted out. Stopping at the store on the way home to look for the right floor future shine. Smile

Last edited by ESeffinga on Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:35 am; edited 2 times in total
ESeffinga
ESeffinga
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Rictus Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:33 am

Henchman, how'd you get the legs perfectly straight?

Mr. Rictus
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Oneluckyboy Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:22 am

It should be the clear kind with the future shine logo on it.
Oneluckyboy
Oneluckyboy
BST Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by jsalsa23 Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:13 am

Just opened up my Mars set. He's HUGE! Really like it, no issues that I can see, but I won't be able to take out of the plastic until we move to our new house this weekend. As for the red EDO, don't think he goes well with Mars.

jsalsa23
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by gonk Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:49 am

ESeffinga wrote:Nice set! I keep telling myself I also need a Maz and Goldrake but haven't found good ones for a good price. Plus I've had my Shogun loving eye out for a clean Godzilla to replace my childhood one that has gone missing. Heartbroken about that.

I'm terrified to set my Romy up on a shelf like that until I can get his ankles better worted out. Stopping at the store on the way home to look for the right floor future shine. Smile

Psst: https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=TOY10626&mode=retail

gonk
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by jsalsa23 Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:09 am

Henchman wrote:Got my Romulus in, had to do some minor surgery just like a lot of people but overall turned out ok, plus he looks pretty good with his new roomies...

World's Best Robots - MARS, ROMULUS and REMUS! - Page 8 IMG_1359_zpsfatrouml

Henchman, are you the one I met last year at the SDCC, I was the guy who was giving the caps out. Bluefin line if I remember correctly.

jsalsa23
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by Henchman Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:36 am

jsalsa23 wrote:Henchman, are you the one I met last year at the SDCC, I was the guy who was giving the caps out. Bluefin line if I remember correctly.

Yes sir..ahh the epic Bluefin line where the poor kid miscounted..we all got lucky and scored anyway and you were kind enough to hook me up with a hat that you also said may not fit my big head.. Evil or Very Mad   ...

You gonna be there this year...?

Henchman
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by jsalsa23 Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:14 am

LMAO, that was some funny stuff. Yup, I will be there again this year.

jsalsa23
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by GrandpaStern Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:44 am

Can we give you a special password that you PM us for the hookup? Wink
GrandpaStern
GrandpaStern
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by jsalsa23 Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:12 am

GrandpaStern wrote:Can we give you a special password that you PM us for the hookup? Wink

LOL, GrandpaStern I made those 3A caps about 3 years ago, but I had a few left over. Henchman and I just happen to be in Bluefin line together and I just hooked him up with one. I also did a forum giveaway a few years back. Those caps are now retired.

Last edited by jsalsa23 on Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:16 am; edited 2 times in total

jsalsa23
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by GrandpaStern Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:03 am

No prob!
GrandpaStern
GrandpaStern
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by aconners1 Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:31 pm

ok this turned out way cooler than i expected....came so close to passing...glad i didn't

aconners1
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by Oneluckyboy Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:15 pm

A little long exposure with the GID.

World's Best Robots - MARS, ROMULUS and REMUS! - Page 8 BlST6nj
Oneluckyboy
Oneluckyboy
BST Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by GrandpaStern Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:32 pm

From CS:

We are not sure if we have the arm replacement.
We will ask maintenance team first.
If we have the replacement,
we can send it to you so you don't need to ship it back to us.

Man, I hope they have a replacement. I'd even take one of the other robots arms right now. I do not want to ship this big fucker back, but I'm not going to eat a broken 200$ x 2ft robot. Sad
GrandpaStern
GrandpaStern
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by ESeffinga Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:54 pm

Fingers crossed, because yeah, that would suck.
I looked into return shipping via USPS (just in case it comes to that) and it's about $65 if shipped uninsured. I'm waiting on a response back from CS. Mostly about the shoulder ball that just won't stay in the body if it is moved.
ESeffinga
ESeffinga
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by wutasi Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:04 pm

Oneluckyboy wrote:A little long exposure with the GID.

]https://i.imgur.com/blST6nj.jpg[/img]

I love this shot!  Thanks for sharing~
If I have the space would definitely seek out a Sky Blaster
wutasi
wutasi
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by fluppeco Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:00 pm

seeing more pics of how these are packaged makes me puckerrrrrr
fluppeco
fluppeco
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by Oneluckyboy Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:06 pm

I want to see some more pics of Mars!
Oneluckyboy
Oneluckyboy
BST Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr3AGO Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:13 pm

Can we get a few more honest reviews about if this is worth buying? It's hard to tell because once again half of the comments are about QC.
I'm trying to Understand a few things...
1) how is the design of the figure? Is the articulation good? Nice range? Does he hold poses or is this a statue basically?
2) does anyone have one free of QC issues?
3) forget about size and price...is this a good bot to have? Rate 1-10
Thnx

Mr3AGO
Yesterday Kid

https://www.accountkiller.com/removal-requested

Back to top Go down

Post by GrandpaStern Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:25 pm

Mine stands okay, but without the arm. He sort of leans to the side, but not sure if that's because he's lopsided or the weight of the missing arm is throwing him off. He's a beauty. Looks great. They built a lot of articulation in, but I don't think he has max pose-ability because he is heavy up top. I think in some sort of kneeling or standing position he'd be fine. If you try to get fancy, he'll probably topple over. I like the weathering and the sculpt. I think he's an 8 out of 10.
GrandpaStern
GrandpaStern
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Oneluckyboy Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:30 pm

Part of it depends on your love of big goofy robots. For me Sky Blast is an 8/10. The only reason it's not higher is the packaging. (not the design aspect) It leaves the item a little to open to be damaged in transit. Mine showed up with one arm popped out, but it was an easy fix. Articulation is really good..but the bot is also really heavy..so extreme poses are either going to be a lot of work or just not possible. I dont think you could get it in a good kneeling pose because of the feet and such.
Oneluckyboy
Oneluckyboy
BST Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by wutasi Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:44 pm

Mr3AGO wrote:Can we get a few more honest reviews about if this is worth buying? It's hard to tell because once again half of the comments are about QC.
I'm trying to Understand a few things...
1) how is the design of the figure? Is the articulation good? Nice range? Does he hold poses or is this a statue basically?
2) does anyone have one free of QC issues?
3) forget about size and price...is this a good bot to have? Rate 1-10
Thnx

I have a MARS free of any QC issues
Packaging appeal: 7/10 - poster is nice, no box art, it's just a photo of the figure itself which I am not fond of. It went straight to storage room.
Packaging protection: 4/10 - this boggles me, to achieve the carded bag look 3A is willing to sacrificed adequate pkg protection. Entire thing should've been filled with black foam. It is also the reason you see so much QC issues.
Paint app/weathering: 9/10 - what I love most about MARS, 3A didn't spare the weathering on this one and even broke out the revered silver dry brushing for a nice damage metal look.
Articulation: 6/10 - decent but could've been better, neck should've been double jointed. Can't really hold poses due to heavy weight of the vinyl.
MARS overall appeal: 9/10 - for me he is well worth the price tag, has a lot of presence in my room being huge and bright red. I don't play it like a toy so have no problem with a statue
wutasi
wutasi
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by mattyp Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:35 am

First one appears to have hit the UK smashed to bits. Fearing the worst for mine now, that packaging is inexcusable.
mattyp
mattyp
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum