World of 3A Legion Outpost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World's Best Robots - MARS, ROMULUS and REMUS!

+43
IronChap
SzuTsung
ozz
achtanders
Oneluckyboy
miracle bubbles
Plastic Robo
Danz
Matrix
robonaut
itisnick
regalia
PiggyV01
Joshimus
Rad Toy Review
mattyp
aconners1
Henchman
zzzzz
Cthulhu
geisT
noveltycross
jsalsa23
gonk
Grish
Mr. Rictus
papamadoo
gar
Mr3AGO
Shit Narnia
gregory
Jessiedart
illproxy
ESeffinga
UsedUniverse
Reks36
Beeratt
wutasi
x43x
fluppeco
GrandpaStern
Knightjar
gimbat
47 posters

Page 14 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down

World's Best Robots - MARS, ROMULUS and REMUS! - Page 14 Empty Re: World's Best Robots - MARS, ROMULUS and REMUS!

Post by GrandpaStern Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:13 pm

Yeah, I'm kind of scandalized by the whole thing. I understand that it would be a pain in the ass to make and assemble a whole arm for me, but I don't think this arm was meant to be repaired. I think it was one and done. And why they don't make X amount of separate pieces to send out for people with broken units, I don't know. This incident was actually the reason I dropped my 3aa and weaned myself off 3A products. I always saw people fighting to get a hand or a grenade, but it always seemed to work out. Hell, some people even got whole new TK bodies. All I want is my GID arm. I asked if they could take one off a model (they have to have one sitting around somewhere). They said no. I asked if they had an extra arm from one of the other color variants. They dodged around it. In the end, I get a joint that I'm not able to fix without risking destroying more of the arm. Sorry, I'm whining now.
GrandpaStern
GrandpaStern
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

World's Best Robots - MARS, ROMULUS and REMUS! - Page 14 Empty Re: World's Best Robots - MARS, ROMULUS and REMUS!

Post by illproxy Sun May 01, 2016 3:05 am

that sucks GS, super frustrating. Mad hopeful it all works out and you get it fixed somehow.
illproxy
illproxy
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by Skipper11x Sun May 01, 2016 3:39 am

Keep us updated here, hope it all works out.
Skipper11x
Skipper11x
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by GrandpaStern Sun May 01, 2016 4:37 am

I will. Thanks! I know Gimbat's been trying to translate, but I feel like I'm up against a wall.
GrandpaStern
GrandpaStern
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Danz Sun May 01, 2016 11:47 am

Can you post a pic of the damaged area and new piece so we can see what we are working with here? I'm sure with our collective brain storming we can think of something.
Danz
Danz
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by GrandpaStern Sun May 01, 2016 11:57 pm

I have a link to a gallery with all the parts here: https://imgur.com/a/8T1ix

The thing that's confounding is that the screw to the joint is half covered by the flair on the bicep, so I can't unscrew it. And the other bad part is that the nub that connects to the forearm is broken off inside it. I'm sure it must be glued in there somehow. Any advice is welcome!
GrandpaStern
GrandpaStern
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Chivo Mon May 02, 2016 2:05 am

I don't have the figure so take my advice as general rules as I'm going by the pictures you provided. First things first, I'd remove that elbow armor to get it out of the way and from any potential damage when dealing with the other removals. Temperature changes are probably the course of action with these procedures. Whether it be heat or cold. Personally I prefer heat as that has worked with my figure repair/parts removal. But some folks prefer cold as that hardens the glue and you're able to crack it. Remember, heat helps expand and soften while cold helps contract and harden. It's your call. Once that elbow armor is removed, I'd see about removing the part from the bicep. Personally I'd dunk it in some hot water to see if that softens up the area so you can pull the part out. Again, I'm working with the pictures you provided and I don't know what type of plastic/vinyl I'm dealing with. If you're successful with that procedure, it's time to move on to the final part in the forearm. Again I'd use some heat, but this time you will probably need a flat head screwdriver to help dig out the part. Anyway, that's my advice. Good luck!
Chivo
Chivo
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by IronChap Mon May 02, 2016 7:18 am

It's not ideal, but if you've got a precision screwdriver set you can angle it slightly to get to the screw in the elbow. You may have to dig slightly into the vinyl that covers it but it shouldn't leave any major or noticeable damage, just work it in until you get some purchase on the screw then slowly loosen it - I've dug in to tighten the screws on my Remus to stop his arms flopping about like a giant spaghetti noodle.
IronChap
IronChap
Tomorrow King

http://www.collectathingy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by papamadoo Mon May 02, 2016 7:13 pm

I hear your pain, I have the same broken part. I am sad to say that i just gave up. After CP going silence after 3mail. I KNEW then they would not be able to repair it or ever make a new arm.

So you know what is sad.? I was all in in WBR I have bouth three mars red white and sky. I was all on board ready to buy everything. But now i wont take the chance. I,ll pass everything WBR related. The arm joint was so weirdly manufactured. Its literaly a weak spot. This debacle killed all my want for 3ago all togheter Sad.
papamadoo
papamadoo
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by Oneluckyboy Thu May 05, 2016 2:36 am

My Ghost has a similar "white area" right where yours has broken. I put it back in the box and probably wont ever touch it again. And now i know ill never get a fix for it...
Oneluckyboy
Oneluckyboy
BST Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by GrandpaStern Thu May 05, 2016 11:22 am

Oneluckyboy wrote:My Ghost has a similar "white area" right where yours has broken.  I put it back in the box and probably wont ever touch it again. And now i know ill never get a fix for it...

I'm sorry to hear that man. And sorry that I inadvertently rubbed salt in the wound. I'm going to give it the old college try when my replacement part comes, but I don't think I can buy another 3a toy in good conscience. Not trying to be a hater, but this is ridiculous.
GrandpaStern
GrandpaStern
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Oneluckyboy Thu May 05, 2016 1:05 pm

Totally not salty about it Gandpa...I was just never certain that it was a break or what it was...now I know and will probable be more careful. You think it's worth emailing for another arm....or just maybe hoping it never breaks.
Oneluckyboy
Oneluckyboy
BST Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by GrandpaStern Thu May 05, 2016 2:25 pm

It's always worth a shot, but those dudes would not send me an arm no matter how much I explained it to them. I understand their opinion, "the little joint is the only broken part," but its not that simple. That little joint is glued into three places and now I have to figure out how to remove the pieces. Oh well. Live and learn. I think eventually even the most die hard 3A fan hits this wall and says, "Well, that was a good run."
GrandpaStern
GrandpaStern
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by GrandpaStern Thu May 05, 2016 10:01 pm

*UPDATE* Not sure if I should be excited or not, because it could be a trick of language, but I got a reply from CS saying that my "Mars left arm" has been shipped. There's a lot to dissect there for a short sentence: am I getting a whole arm? If so, is it a Mars arm as listed and not a Sky Blast arm (I actually don't care, and told them I would take any of the colors)? Am I just getting the little joint but they called it an arm because of the subject line of my mail? So many questions! I'll update again when the piece gets here. Wish me luck, lads!
GrandpaStern
GrandpaStern
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Chivo Fri May 06, 2016 7:53 am

I'd say break a leg, but I'm sure we wouldn't want that to happen. Wink
Chivo
Chivo
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by Oneluckyboy Fri May 06, 2016 12:18 pm

Fingers crossed and rooting for you Grandpa!! I may take pics of mine and email now..feeling a little more hopeful. Sky Blast is one of my favorite figures..so I dont want to ruin it.
Oneluckyboy
Oneluckyboy
BST Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by GrandpaStern Wed May 11, 2016 9:35 am

So, I got a notice on my door today that I have a package from China, but I wasn't there to sign for it. Unless something shipped that I didn't know about it should be the arm. And if it came in a box big enough to be signed for, it probably is an actual arm. I'm so stoked. Even if its the wrong color. Now, my only worry is that its for the correct side of the bot, bwahaha.
GrandpaStern
GrandpaStern
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by GrandpaStern Thu May 12, 2016 5:00 am

So, I did get a new arm! Very nice! And it was even GID! Only one small problem: its the wrong arm, though, hahah. Anyway, I'll make it work. Much better than no arm at all.
GrandpaStern
GrandpaStern
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by GrandpaStern Thu May 12, 2016 5:05 am

I just checked with the broken arm and with a bit of the old hair dryer action you can totally pop the hand and hand joint out. This is going to be rad!!!
GrandpaStern
GrandpaStern
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by GrandpaStern Thu May 12, 2016 10:56 am

I present to you the bastard reborn, Sky Blast Mk. 2 "Shin Sengoku Geigerkreuz!" Go!

https://imgur.com/a/Aix7h
GrandpaStern
GrandpaStern
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by ESeffinga Fri May 13, 2016 3:57 am

Happy you were finally able to salvage the situation.
ESeffinga
ESeffinga
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by GrandpaStern Fri May 13, 2016 7:09 am

Thanks! There was a moment there where I just groaned, but it worked out.
GrandpaStern
GrandpaStern
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by IronChap Fri May 13, 2016 2:28 pm

Good end '-'b Glad you got it worked out
IronChap
IronChap
Tomorrow King

http://www.collectathingy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Abrader Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:05 pm

I have a NIB Mars + EDO red commander shipping to me right now. Wonder what my bot luck will be Smile

Abrader
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Abrader Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:00 am

World's Best Robots - MARS, ROMULUS and REMUS! - Page 14 1a0a7e10
World's Best Robots - MARS, ROMULUS and REMUS! - Page 14 7edf9d10
World's Best Robots - MARS, ROMULUS and REMUS! - Page 14 314e7310

Got my Mars today and love it!

Right arm was out in the box but it popped back in so easy like the Saturn arm I can’t even believe the level of whining on the internet over it. Packaging was fine. I’m so in love with it. It is the worlds best rendition of a Shogun Robot.

Abrader
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum