World of 3A Legion Outpost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MIGHTY SQUARE

+59
Matrix
soph-net
Vaxillus
dbpom
Mr3AGO
johnnyhaggis
papamadoo
pezbanana
3Afan
christopherswalls
Solodice
memecomplex
Bassnoir
zzzzz
Plastic Robo
abex44
card
Cthulhu
koonfasa
expathos
chiowhon
raveer
Weeb
beeto bot
SzuTsung
ainxx
Arroneous422
Toolarmy
666ways2love
zbrushman
IronChap
shepherd1
Beats n Dahbi
fluppeco
Jahright
lillyshia
Beaumont
thumbtack82
venom666
x43x
Oneluckyboy
soulburn
Drip
illproxy
Siona
ESeffinga
gar
ozz
YING
Skipper11x
gundamben831
counterfeit
Dolly
Argentix
Mouse9090
geisT
wutasi
Albino
gimbat
63 posters

Page 10 of 19 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 19  Next

Go down

MIGHTY SQUARE - Page 10 Empty Re: MIGHTY SQUARE

Post by soulburn Sun May 17, 2015 9:40 am

3A WWR Square Mighty Gravedigger Shoot 1
29 Photos
https://www.flickr.com/photos/soulburn3d/sets/72157650628311363/

MIGHTY SQUARE - Page 10 17564935248_414bdb59c4_o
IMG_4553 by Neil Blevins, on Flickr

3A WWR Square Mighty Mod Shoot 1
29 Photos
https://www.flickr.com/photos/soulburn3d/sets/72157650618741224/

MIGHTY SQUARE - Page 10 17130280244_dabf0cc75a_o
IMG_4457 by Neil Blevins, on Flickr

Check the flickr pages or the picture part of this forum for more images.

- Neil
soulburn
soulburn
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by pezbanana Sun May 17, 2015 10:30 am

I might be the first one to post pics of P18 MAID... maybe i'm one of the few who got this colorway?

Anyway, pics followed by my review / rant.
First, the prototype for comparison.

MIGHTY SQUARE - Page 10 Kr6Uu0ih

THE ACTUAL SQUARE:

FRONT:
i love it, only change is the decal on lower right corner. I prefered the original P18 decal but the R is nice too. Nice weathering, very much in the spirit of Daywatch weathered bots.

MIGHTY SQUARE - Page 10 78Y6h3jh

RIGHT SIDE:
Only change is the drastically reduced text bubble, which on proto occupied all of the side, including the little door. It had that graffiti feel i love about MOD, but with the stark, absolutist, black-and-white spirit i associate with Rothchild... this quality is very much diminished when the text bubble was reduced so much. I'm all for elegant design, but this change makes it veer a bit towards the plain side.

MIGHTY SQUARE - Page 10 GqyoC70h

However, it's not as bad as the next change...
LEFT SIDE:
I could have tolerated a simple reduction in size, but adding a second bubble in gray beneath the main black one, which looks like a bad placed watermark, seems like a design choice made by an amateur talent-less designer who just discovered that you can place a second layer of text and reduce its opacity to 50%... WOW, it looks even cooler if the two layers intersect!

MIGHTY SQUARE - Page 10 F0EnOjYh

TOP:
As with most squares, the top decal was greatly reduced. Other squares get away with it, but MAID does not... the smaller MAID squares have the logo covering pretty much all of its top area, and it looks good because it's round, it's simple, it's black and white. Here, it just looks plain and lazy.

One of the best things of the P18 MAID design, along with the girl's face, is the giant Rothchild logo on top. Great contrast of two opposite principles: cute innocence and ruthless power. On the Mighty MAID, this contrast is lost and we just get a lackluster top.

MIGHTY SQUARE - Page 10 PCFJ4m9

BACK
No pictures of the proto's back were shown, so i can't really complain here... which makes me wonder... would i be complaining so much, had i not seen pics of the proto?

MIGHTY SQUARE - Page 10 FDn10Cfh

SUMMARY:
I could only afford two, so i spent DAYS deciding which to get, and i carefully chose MAID because of its perfect design, even though i love and collect classic colorways like JEA, Deep Powder, GraveDigger, SandDevil, Medic (i also got a GraveDigger, i'm happy with that one).

Design wise, the Proto of MAID was perfect!... One of the things i loved about P18 was its stark precision and well placed elements, a perfect balance of black and white. As a designer myself, i saw A LOT of design virtue on this particular Square, in order to let go of my favorite colorways.

I love Sand Devil, but i did not like the black 666 decal on the lower right side of its face, with one of the 6's extending towards the Square's mouth. i HATED this little detail, even though i LOVED the paint app and general look and feel of the SandDevil proto.

Well, the final 666 Mighty discarded that awful decal, using instead FALLEN on the lower right (an excellent design choice, and in fact 666 is perhaps the best Mighty in terms of design and weathering, along with Jungler and DD).

Little details like these can make or break a design for me. And what got me into 3A in the first place, even more so than the famous paint and weathering, was the design itself. The decals, the bits of text, the logos and insignia, the careful and precise placement of these elements all over the robot as a 3D canvass.

How ironic that the ONE colorway of which i have no other robot, i chose because of its perfect design, and it turns out to be ruined in the final production piece. Well, you win some, you lose some. I am not only disappointed about the ruined design, but mostly about Ash's decision to NOT communicate these changes before shipping out the squares. Maybe he feared (and rightfully so) that some of us would want to cancel our orders?

I left Maid in its clamshell because i don't know yet if i'll be keeping it. I'll wait to see if it grows on me. I love the front and back, i can live with the right side, and i despise the left and top sides. For me, a design piece like this should work from all angles. I hate it when half of the figure seems designed by some lazy amateur kid using elements given to him by some illustrator he's never heard of.

That's how this Square feels... like Ash's great design was given to some random kid learning Adobe, with the instruction: "just finish this quick and you can go home".

NOW, sorry for the long rant... and i'd really like to know what others think about P18 MAID Mighty. cyclops
pezbanana
pezbanana
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by counterfeit Sun May 17, 2015 4:43 pm

@soulburn3D excellent photos as always, I always admire your photos, so crispy..

@pezbanana P18 still great in my opinion, and unlike you, I love the left side which have double bubble black & gray, it's adding some.. mmm... artistic thing (IMO), the downside is right side and top side, I love big decal like proto. But in total, generally P18 was awesome (IMO, dunno what others says)

oh yeah, one thing, what is P18 finishing-coat? matte or glossy like mk1?

and... now just Fong John still M.I.A... nobody bought fong john mighty...?
counterfeit
counterfeit
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by Albino Sun May 17, 2015 6:00 pm

ThreeA
WWR Mighty Square СССР 1/6

MIGHTY SQUARE - Page 10 17740381726_2724c80669_b
MIGHTY SQUARE - Page 10 17764041542_358f59a298_b
MIGHTY SQUARE - Page 10 17740376886_57f6cc7c9f_b
MIGHTY SQUARE - Page 10 17578913878_00b50f2cf1_b
MIGHTY SQUARE - Page 10 17764033552_e1a6530b26_b
MIGHTY SQUARE - Page 10 17740411466_779a8138fd_b
MIGHTY SQUARE - Page 10 17144253424_03c80a3bb0_b
MIGHTY SQUARE - Page 10 17146403063_09cd4c7a26_b
MIGHTY SQUARE - Page 10 17146400563_e9f91ec13c_b

MIGHTY SQUARE - Page 10 17144245164_4e63eb0e34_b
MIGHTY SQUARE - Page 10 17579189660_56288b126b_b
MIGHTY SQUARE - Page 10 17146392143_d7528c963a_b
MIGHTY SQUARE - Page 10 17579184390_5951af1c52_b
MIGHTY SQUARE - Page 10 17740389236_fc3ebdae4b_b
MIGHTY SQUARE - Page 10 17579178870_2877e152c5_b
MIGHTY SQUARE - Page 10 17578923928_f543680898_b

MIGHTY SQUARE - Page 10 17764696322_9b6654cc9e_b

MIGHTY SQUARE - Page 10 17764698362_5793c76f30_b

MIGHTY SQUARE - Page 10 17741037836_9664090aa9_b

MIGHTY SQUARE - Page 10 17147026533_b7bdae61eb_b

MIGHTY SQUARE - Page 10 17579588238_1a059ea9ea_b

MIGHTY SQUARE - Page 10 17741053186_61209ddab4_b

MIGHTY SQUARE - Page 10 17144891824_9b8f938846_b

MIGHTY SQUARE - Page 10 17767367845_553c332cdf_b

MIGHTY SQUARE - Page 10 17764688462_3b73ef165c_b
Albino
Albino
Oyabun

http://www.artandtoys.ru

Back to top Go down

Post by pezbanana Mon May 18, 2015 7:02 pm

counterfeit wrote:
oh yeah, one thing, what is P18 finishing-coat? matte or glossy like mk1?

Mighty is not glossy... While MK1 is like super slimy glossy, Mighty does have a bit of a sheen, certainly not 100% matte.

@Albino: beautiful pics, very envy inducing Razz

FYI: I asked CS for a list and they still have Medic, NW, DW, Hard 30, Wanpi... I think that's it... I'm surprised they still have Medic.
pezbanana
pezbanana
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by Argentix Mon May 18, 2015 7:13 pm

CCCP is the tops! Bright and colorful and I'm a sucker for that lovely silver dry-brushing! Very Happy
Argentix
Argentix
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by fluppeco Mon May 18, 2015 7:14 pm

That's strange, last week I asked for a hard30 or DD. only DD available then.
fluppeco
fluppeco
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by ESeffinga Mon May 18, 2015 7:33 pm

pezbanana wrote:I might be the first one to post pics of P18 MAID... maybe i'm one of the few who got this colorway?

Anyway, pics followed by my review / rant.

Man, I'm bummed that you are bummed, really.

But I gotta say for my own tastes (and as a professional designer for more than 20 years), I think all of the things that are bothering you made it even better in my eyes. Specifically the things they made smaller (reduced speech bubbles on the sides, logo on the top). They shift the entire focus. The proto makes everything of equal importance. everything is big on all sides. The finished piece had the focus where (IMO) it belongs. On the face graffiti. Then the speech bubble graffiti now sort of lines up with the mouth on the front, making it make more sense. As if to illustrate that anyone who gave half a crap putting the graffiti on there, did so intentionally. And having the "brand" and the "message" the same scale throws off the importance of either/both. It makes perfect sense that one should dominate. Again, the primary "message" (the graffiti) was given precedence. As for the addition of the double/ghosted text, that is exactly the kind of thing Ash does in his own comic strips. To me, it's now almost a living 3-D example of ash's artwork, and in this case in particular, of Ash's printed artwork. I find that very exciting.

Personally I think it is now perfect. I actually dislike a lot of the others where they made all of the decals way too big and cluttered the overall design. To me those look like a hot mess.
Of course I have no dog in the hunt as I sat them all out when the drop happened. Like you, I carefully considered each offering based on the protos and nothing really hit me as a must have. I might actually seek one of these out now that I've seen yours though. Thanks! I love you
ESeffinga
ESeffinga
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by Plastic Robo Mon May 18, 2015 8:06 pm

OK. Not some good news now. Ordered six of the Mighty squares. Five arrived today. First one opened was the Desert square. And hell. It has a sunken bottom making the square unstable. And it come with two right legs. Yes, I said two right legs. Opened the Daywatch square and it has a slightly sunken bottom as well but all the right legs. Absolutely crazy. Other three are ok, for the moment.Pictures of the Desert and his two right legs. CS better sort this out without delay and excuses. Not a happy camper.
MIGHTY SQUARE - Page 10 I4pZZIH
MIGHTY SQUARE - Page 10 VvYXrFJ
MIGHTY SQUARE - Page 10 VG34Oqo
Plastic Robo
Plastic Robo
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by pezbanana Mon May 18, 2015 8:25 pm

fluppeco wrote:That's strange, last week I asked for a hard30 or DD. only DD available then.

I have a theory that when you ask for 2 or more color ways, they will tell you they only have one of your options available.

First I asked for Medic and CCCP. They said: we have Medic. Then I saw pics of 666 and DD and seeing how awesome they were I asked for those 2. CS replied: we have DD.

I took too long deciding for DD or Medic and I'm a fool for not grabbing a DD right away. When I was ready to buy it, it was sold out.

I like to know what's available in order to make a well informed purchase, so I wrote asking for a list of what's left and please send me that list as I would like to buy one. Soy they sent the list I mention here.

But I think since at this time (post sale) their policy is one item per customer, they will tell you they only have ONE of any multiple options you ask for.

Or maybe I'm just being too paranoid Razz
pezbanana
pezbanana
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by Skipper11x Mon May 18, 2015 11:19 pm

Damn Plastic, that just isn't right. No excuse for the wrong legs and as for the ball sink. A lot of us were asking if the ball sink issue had been fixed but we never got an answer and now we know why. If yours is sunk you can bet there will be more. I already have a ball sunk Squaro Mighty and am still waiting on Deeds. You dropped $700 and not only have ball sink but the leg issue is totally unacceptable, I hope they fix you up.
Skipper11x
Skipper11x
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by Plastic Robo Tue May 19, 2015 12:18 am

Skipper11x wrote:Damn Plastic, that just isn't right. No excuse for the wrong legs and as for the ball sink. A lot of us were asking if the ball sink issue had been fixed but we never got an answer and now we know why. If yours is sunk you can bet there will be more. I already have a ball sunk Squaro Mighty and am still waiting on Deeds. You dropped $700 and not only have ball sink but the leg issue is totally unacceptable, I hope they fix you up.

Thanks Skipper11x. Have sent a message and pictures off to 'cs@threeaonline.com'. Just waiting for them to get back to me. Either they replace the leg or the whole thing. Their choice.
Plastic Robo
Plastic Robo
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by counterfeit Tue May 19, 2015 1:28 am

pezbanana wrote:
fluppeco wrote:That's strange, last week I asked for a hard30 or DD. only DD available then.

I have a theory that when you ask for 2 or more color ways, they will tell you they only have one of your options available.

First I asked for Medic and CCCP. They said: we have Medic. Then I saw pics of 666 and DD and seeing how awesome they were I asked for those 2. CS replied: we have DD.

I took too long deciding for DD or Medic and I'm a fool for not grabbing a DD right away. When I was ready to buy it, it was sold out.

I like to know what's available in order to make a well informed purchase, so I wrote asking for a list of what's left and please send me that list as I would like to buy one. Soy they sent the list I mention here.

But I think since at this time (post sale) their policy is one item per customer, they will tell you they only have ONE of any multiple options you ask for.

I have another theory..

I bought DD exactly after the first photo of DD appears on IG, and they only said that they have in stock, and they ask my address then they give invoice, and procedure to pay.

then my friend bought ISO mighty on thursday, they said they still have, they ask the address and after they give procedure to pay, and they tell my friend to pay ASAP that day.

So I think when fluppeco ask for Hard30 and DD, Hard30 maybe only left 1 pc, and another customer already ask them before fluppece, and CS still waiting for him/her to pay, and in the end seems the customer didn't pay, so when pezbanana ask them, they put Hard30 again on the list...
counterfeit
counterfeit
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by Drip Tue May 19, 2015 1:40 am

counterfeit wrote:
pezbanana wrote:

I have another theory..

I bought DD exactly after the first photo of DD appears on IG, and they only said that they have in stock, and they ask my address then they give invoice, and procedure to pay.

then my friend bought ISO mighty on thursday, they said they still have, they ask the address and after they give procedure to pay, and they tell my friend to pay ASAP that day.

So I think when fluppeco ask for Hard30 and DD, Hard30 maybe only left 1 pc, and another customer already ask them before fluppece, and CS still waiting for him/her to pay, and in the end seems the customer didn't pay, so when pezbanana ask them, they put Hard30 again on the list...

I think this is more on par. I asked three times for stocks. The first time they said DD and NW were in stock. The most recent time I inquired about the 666 and they seemed to have put it on hold for me. I wasn't able to get the funds together so my request was terminated. I assume if your lucky they may have one left. I don't know if there is a limit but they let me know about more than one at a time that were in stock. They handled this really well and I just want to give a shout out to CS for their help.
Drip
Drip
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Drip Tue May 19, 2015 1:42 am

Plastic Robo wrote:OK. Not some good news now. Ordered six of the Mighty squares. Five arrived today. First one opened was the Desert square. And hell. It has a sunken bottom making the square unstable. And it come with two right legs. Yes, I said two right legs. Opened the Daywatch square and it has a slightly sunken bottom as well but all the right legs. Absolutely crazy. Other three are ok, for the moment.Pictures of the Desert and his two right legs. CS better sort this out without delay and excuses. Not a happy camper.
MIGHTY SQUARE - Page 10 I4pZZIH
MIGHTY SQUARE - Page 10 VvYXrFJ
MIGHTY SQUARE - Page 10 VG34Oqo

That is probably the funniest thing I've seen on here. Maybe someone has the other double left legs version. They both walk in circles.
Drip
Drip
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by thumbtack82 Tue May 19, 2015 2:21 am

Drip wrote:That is probably the funniest thing I've seen on here. Maybe someone has the other double left legs version. They both walk in circles.

This made me laugh pretty hard. I do feel for Plastic Robo, this must suck to get a messed up mighty, and hopefully CS can get this sorted out proper for you quickly. I would be upset about this if it happened to me too.
thumbtack82
thumbtack82
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by Argentix Tue May 19, 2015 2:36 am

Wow, what a complete fuckup. Get CS on the line and demand a replacement, that's pretty embarrassing...
Argentix
Argentix
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by Plastic Robo Tue May 19, 2015 2:51 am

Argentix wrote:Wow, what a complete fuckup. Get CS on the line and demand a replacement, that's pretty embarrassing...

Will be happy with the replacement leg. Will attempt to fix the sagging myself, cheers.
Plastic Robo
Plastic Robo
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Skipper11x Tue May 19, 2015 2:55 am

Let us know here if you or anyone else finds a fix for the ball sink.
Best of luck with your Desert Mighty.
Skipper11x
Skipper11x
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by illproxy Tue May 19, 2015 2:55 am

i bet they will ask you to send it in for repair. if so demand a new leg, fuck posting it back IMO.
illproxy
illproxy
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by Plastic Robo Tue May 19, 2015 3:03 am

illproxy wrote:i bet they will ask you to send it in for repair. if so demand a new leg, fuck posting it back IMO.

I agree! Screw sending it back, just send me the bloody leg!!
Plastic Robo
Plastic Robo
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by wutasi Tue May 19, 2015 3:35 am

Definitely reject if they ask to send it back, there is no reason to waste postage from your side on their lack of QC
wutasi
wutasi
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by gar Tue May 19, 2015 5:27 am

A couple of Dutch Merc pics.
Love the silver metallic parts and decals.
Pleasantly surprised.

MIGHTY SQUARE - Page 10 2F87AA56-BE15-402F-8D20-0E282328AFDE_zpsybuzrg2d

MIGHTY SQUARE - Page 10 A120522B-2AD1-420E-9DD2-52CB4A3F5064_zpsjezsfjbg

MIGHTY SQUARE - Page 10 33A0A59B-D48E-4D2D-8CDE-111CB9417E0C_zpsdbinf5l8

MIGHTY SQUARE - Page 10 3C92D327-F4E8-4C97-A30F-609330C9B3D3_zpswae9iwzm

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gimbat Tue May 19, 2015 5:28 am

Dutch Merc looks great, but I am in love with Mighty Red. Really regret passing on him...

Oh well, got to hunt down DW as well!
gimbat
gimbat
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by illproxy Tue May 19, 2015 5:44 am

oooo that paint on duchy looks incredible! Cool
illproxy
illproxy
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down