World of 3A Legion Outpost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MIGHTY SQUARE

+59
Matrix
soph-net
Vaxillus
dbpom
Mr3AGO
johnnyhaggis
papamadoo
pezbanana
3Afan
christopherswalls
Solodice
memecomplex
Bassnoir
zzzzz
Plastic Robo
abex44
card
Cthulhu
koonfasa
expathos
chiowhon
raveer
Weeb
beeto bot
SzuTsung
ainxx
Arroneous422
Toolarmy
666ways2love
zbrushman
IronChap
shepherd1
Beats n Dahbi
fluppeco
Jahright
lillyshia
Beaumont
thumbtack82
venom666
x43x
Oneluckyboy
soulburn
Drip
illproxy
Siona
ESeffinga
gar
ozz
YING
Skipper11x
gundamben831
counterfeit
Dolly
Argentix
Mouse9090
geisT
wutasi
Albino
gimbat
63 posters

Page 12 of 19 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 15 ... 19  Next

Go down

MIGHTY SQUARE - Page 12 Empty Re: MIGHTY SQUARE

Post by Skipper11x Wed May 20, 2015 3:38 am

Love that DW Mighty. That's the first I've seen of him here, very nice!
Skipper11x
Skipper11x
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolly Wed May 20, 2015 4:05 am

DW square is very slick, me like it Smile
Dolly
Dolly
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Plastic Robo Wed May 20, 2015 4:22 am

Dutch Merc Mighty Square in da house!! Along with some 3AGO as well!

MIGHTY SQUARE - Page 12 Jx7qKWh

MIGHTY SQUARE - Page 12 UtWo2IP

MIGHTY SQUARE - Page 12 RP9rN48
Plastic Robo
Plastic Robo
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by ESeffinga Wed May 20, 2015 4:23 am

Dutch looks cool!
ESeffinga
ESeffinga
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by geisT Wed May 20, 2015 4:24 am

DW looks great...is the text gimbat related?... vamq....our favourite nocturnal legion bartender! cheers

Last edited by geisT on Wed May 20, 2015 2:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
geisT
geisT
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by Toolarmy Wed May 20, 2015 5:26 am

They have done a good job of matching the dutch mighty with the bertie. Shame they didn't do the same with the medic :/
Toolarmy
Toolarmy
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Toolarmy Wed May 20, 2015 5:28 am

Fantastic pictures as always Paul (Mouse)
Toolarmy
Toolarmy
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by x43x Wed May 20, 2015 6:26 am

My invoiced Meow CD arrived today. It's awesome! Was there a 1/6th Meow? Need to get one!
x43x
x43x
BST Mod

http://x43x.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bassnoir Wed May 20, 2015 8:40 am

NW just showed up....LOVE the variation in decals....wish I'd had the good sense to get DW as well...
Bassnoir
Bassnoir
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by Toolarmy Wed May 20, 2015 12:41 pm

x43x wrote:My invoiced Meow CD arrived today.  It's awesome!  Was there a 1/6th Meow?  Need to get one!

There is a Mk1 Meow that was a exclusive, can't remember what for though
Toolarmy
Toolarmy
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Toolarmy Wed May 20, 2015 12:42 pm

I wanted the Meow mighty, but knew tracking down the MK1 to go with it would be a massive pain, which is why I went for the Maid, as the Mk1's are much easier to come buy, or so it seems
Toolarmy
Toolarmy
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by x43x Wed May 20, 2015 12:44 pm

^Found it.

Black Meow Coloway
Beast Kingdom Christmas Exclusive Set
Set with Hard Thirty Corp SQUARE²
Raffle Item Limited to 90

So much for finding one of those....

Last edited by x43x on Wed May 20, 2015 12:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
x43x
x43x
BST Mod

http://x43x.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Weeb Wed May 20, 2015 12:47 pm

Thought it came in the 10 pack. I was wrong, lol.
Weeb
Weeb
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Toolarmy Wed May 20, 2015 12:54 pm

x43x wrote:^Found it.

Black Meow Coloway
Beast Kingdom Christmas Exclusive Set
Set with Hard Thirty Corp SQUARE²
Raffle Item Limited to 90

So much for finding one of those....

Good luck then lol.... I knew it was something like that, but was getting mixed up with the Goodsmile exclusives
Toolarmy
Toolarmy
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by geisT Wed May 20, 2015 5:55 pm

In case of wanting a PRU Bromwich, the always great cheers CS had keeped a Mighty for me, but with all the trouble with customs  plus even higher GDSK company fees crap (only germany related, as they have a contract with EMS China in Germoney,but insert 70$ here... pale ) i must let that Mighty go...good luck!

Edit: And MOD Mighty arrived! Very Happy
My first Mighty and i`m really impressed and love that "urban riot Vibe" on my polymorphing Mod! cheers

Problem = Now i want more of this little fellas...

Top 5 after seeing several pics (but all became more than great)
- Dirty Deeds
- Dutch Merc
- Red CCCP
- Desert Corp
- Gravedigger

happy! Smile
geisT
geisT
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by raveer Wed May 20, 2015 11:22 pm

Received my DD at the office today via DHL. Should be here yesterday but the driver screwed up and took it to my parents house half the country away. Not to mention it got here from China in 2 days and was at the customs and DHL for further 5 days. Why do they call it express? Also had to pay 40 eur ransom, 29 tax and reminder to those fucks of DHL for bank guarantee fees as they were so kind to pay tax upfront on my behalf. WTF? I didn't ask them and also I didn't choose them in the first place.

Oh, but the DD square is fucking aces! I have it on my desk and can't stop giggling. Razz
raveer
raveer
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by geisT Wed May 20, 2015 11:56 pm

Yeah, when the Mighty is finally in hand, all the trouble is blown away in seconds...that magic Squares! Very Happy

I hope the next Mighty will be a 1:3 Version, that would be an impressive size and, maybe for a reasonable price! Cool
geisT
geisT
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by counterfeit Thu May 21, 2015 12:27 am

I will give score for each mighty, based on my interest, just for fun don't take it seriously Very Happy

BROM: 8/10
DW: 7/10
DEEP POWDER: 8.5/10
DIRTY DEEDS: 9.5/10
DIY: ----
DUTCH MERC: 8/10
F-ALBUM: 7/10
FAT CLOUD: 7/10
FREEMANTLE: 7/10
FONG JOHN: ---- haven't seen one
GRAVEDIGGER: 8.5/10
HARD 30: 9/10
ISO: 8/10
JEA: 8.5/10
LEGION: 6/10
LUNAR DEF: 9.5/10
P18 MAID: 7.5/10
MEDIC: 8/10
MEOW: 7/10
MOD: 8.5/10
NW: 8/10
RED CCCP: 8.5/10
SAND DEVIL: 8/10
VINTAGE: 5/10
WANPI: 6/10
WF JUNGLER: 9/10

I choose my top 5 Very Happy
1. Lunar Def (sadly I didn't own one)
2. DD
3. Jungler
4. Hard30
5. JEA
counterfeit
counterfeit
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by wutasi Thu May 21, 2015 1:02 am

^ GID BOMB didn't even make it into your list Sad
wutasi
wutasi
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by geisT Thu May 21, 2015 1:03 am

Nice list, Junlger and Lunar are also great ones, and the newer colorways like MOD or Hard30 are perfect for some TK action on the shelf!

But again, many thanks to Ash (aka the creator), Brent Ashe (aka head of the graphic/colorway designer team, i guess?), the always kindly Customer service (aka the Fixers)  and the many unknown helping hands in the factory (aka the unknown heroes), which did a stellar job of craftmanship, to conjure me a huge square-ish smile on my face!
You gals and guys seriously rock! Very Happy
geisT
geisT
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by pezbanana Thu May 21, 2015 7:39 am

ESeffinga wrote:
pezbanana wrote:I might be the first one to post pics of P18 MAID... maybe i'm one of the few who got this colorway?

Anyway, pics followed by my review / rant.

Man, I'm bummed that you are bummed, really.

But I gotta say for my own tastes (and as a professional designer for more than 20 years), I think all of the things that are bothering you made it even better in my eyes. Specifically the things they made smaller (reduced speech bubbles on the sides, logo on the top). They shift the entire focus. The proto makes everything of equal importance. everything is big on all sides. The finished piece had the focus where (IMO) it belongs. On the face graffiti. Then the speech bubble graffiti now sort of lines up with the mouth on the front, making it make more sense. As if to illustrate that anyone who gave half a crap putting the graffiti on there, did so intentionally. And having the "brand" and the "message" the same scale throws off the importance of either/both. It makes perfect sense that one should dominate. Again, the primary "message" (the graffiti) was given precedence. As for the addition of the double/ghosted text, that is exactly the kind of thing Ash does in his own comic strips. To me, it's now almost a living 3-D example of ash's artwork, and in this case in particular, of Ash's printed artwork. I find that very exciting.

Personally I think it is now perfect. I actually dislike a lot of the others where they made all of the decals way too big and cluttered the overall design. To me those look like a hot mess.
Of course I have no dog in the hunt as I sat them all out when the drop happened. Like you, I carefully considered each offering based on the protos and nothing really hit me as a must have. I might actually seek one of these out now that I've seen yours though. Thanks! I love you

Hey ESeffinga, i've been meaning to reply but keep getting sidetracked by work.

Yes, i agree with you on most points (i'm a professional designer too). I, for one, love the empty spaces and the balance achieved when properly placing logos, decals, text, etc. I love asymmetry too, and playing with sizes and weights. This is the reason why when MEDIC and GRAVEDIGGER first in-hand pics showed up, i was so annoyed at the changes applied to them.

in the protos, Medic and GD had lots of empty space and smallish decals placed strategically. Beautiful, precise design! Yet the final product has decals and text that fill up entire sides. It's too much, too loud, less refined.

But this loudness and unrefinement is exactly what i liked about P18 MAID proto... I never thought of MAID as a square carefully designed by someone who knows what he/she is doing, but rather (like MOD) as a square grabbed and commandeered by someone, and scribbled some graffiti all over it.

Whoever scribbled on MOD and MAID was not a designer and was not thinking in terms of balance, proportions, etc. They just wanted to make a statement. So for me, a text bubble covering the whole side of the Square works perfectly for MAID, but looks terrible on MEDIC and GD (at least compared to their protos).

in theory, i agree with your points, ESeffinga... in practice, concerning MAID, i guess it's just a matter of taste and how each of us gives shape to the WWR story... which is the beauty of 3A, we get to create these worlds almost as much as Ash himself does.

BTW did you manage to get a MAID square from CS? ... someone recently posted CS still had stock.
Cool
pezbanana
pezbanana
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by counterfeit Thu May 21, 2015 9:07 am

wutasi wrote:^ GID BOMB didn't even make it into your list Sad
I intend not to include GID bomb because he is mmmm... special, but now I think again, I should put him too on the list lol
counterfeit
counterfeit
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by gimbat Thu May 21, 2015 9:39 am

Skipper11x wrote:Love that DW Mighty. That's the first I've seen of him here, very nice!

I've seen the sample in Japan and it was magnificent, but the production one is even better!

Eying secondary market to find one (didn't have the funds during the sale).

Last edited by gimbat on Fri May 22, 2015 1:15 am; edited 1 time in total
gimbat
gimbat
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fluppeco Thu May 21, 2015 1:51 pm

gimbat wrote:
Skipper11x wrote:Love that DW Mighty. That's the first I've seen of him here, very nice!

I've seen the sample in Japan and it was magnificien, but the production one is even better!

Eying secondary market to find one (didn't have the funds during the sale).

I never thought I would say this to you Gimbat but contact CS, they had some leftover.
fluppeco
fluppeco
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by ESeffinga Thu May 21, 2015 5:39 pm

pezbanana, I actually did grab one. I couldn't resist. Thanks again for those shots!

I totally get you on your personal feelings. This stuff is always personal. And I too see the scribbles on Maid as a case of graffiti. But I don't know a single graffiti artist worth a damn who wouldn't take the time to make sure a cartoon speech bubble at least sorta pointed at the mouth it was supposed to be coming from, rather than just kinda stuck on willy nilly, which is what the enlarged one looks like. So from that perspective, the smaller bubbles still make sense to me. They could ahve been rotated slightly to give a more frantic approach to placement, but that's splitting hairs. We can go back and forth. As you could argue, the guy painted it in a foxhole and was just bashing it on with what he had and limited time? Didn't give a fuck how it looked? etc and so on. Could be a million reasons for it to look really poorly placed. And yet when it comes to my toys I like them to have a certain reality and still look semi "intentional" and balanced. To me this was one that was greatly improved.

Really there are ways to rationalize any of the choices made in all of the changes across the line. Back and forth, and point by point. At the end of the day, there are always those notices that things "may" change in production. But in the case of this wave of releases, the edits were so thoroughly revised... really kind of shocking to see so many edits, and some easily argued not for the better. That hatchery/OG colors one is........

An organized person might have realized that if they were unhappy enough to wholesale shift content around on almost every piece, it might be a good idea to hold off on that sale until there were satisfactorily accurate protos to show, and then if there were moderate changes, they could be made. But when has ThreeA ever operated in a common sense way? It's been seat of the pants since day 1.

I think we would all agree there is a lot of hit and miss to these, and clearly no way ThreeA could ever make everyone satisfied. We'd all end up on one side of the fence or another after it was said and done. I come away from this knowing ThreeA still knows how to weather bots pretty darn well, but there's also that threat that something I order may arrive completely rearranged and unannounced.

So it kind of tempers my excitement with a bit of dread until people start posting their photos of packages received. I feel that way about the WBR Mars release. I am excited as all hell, but also a bit on pins and needles until I see them showing up in hand. I've been so excited for them for so long, I know I leave myself way too much room for letdown. I should have learned to just order and forget about it by now, but 3A so often sets such a high bar for itself. It's hard not to ahve the excitement. And I am sure if the excitement isn't there for me, neither will my interest be in collecting anymore.
ESeffinga
ESeffinga
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 19 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 15 ... 19  Next