World of 3A Legion Outpost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3A | Quality Control: Reports and General Discussion

+48
CLCTR1
x43x
Boine
Gwahir
deru_here
Wooly
gundamben831
666ways2love
ennui
Jroug
Mr. Rictus
gazereths
Joshimus
<{OjO}>
Hogarth
SpiderPig
joshooouh
crucial1
titan1979
IronChap
Darth PIkachu
UsedUniverse
zbrushman
3a_boltman
YFH
Olympia
papamadoo
theparallax
thumbtack82
wutasi
ipgpe13
kreig_gear
PLAT
Artoo
ozz
gar
chiowhon
Skipper11x
Kedao
dextercat69
Matrix
YING
mqhuynh
PiggyV01
Chivo
gimbat
Albino
gregory
52 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

3A | Quality Control: Reports and General Discussion - Page 4 Empty Help with CS for Red Panda Merc

Post by joshooouh Mon May 23, 2016 11:52 am

Hi everyone,

New to the forums, been collecting for about two years. Love ThreeA toys but I'm having some trouble with CS. I ordered the Red Panda Merc, got her in January however her right foot was just broken off her leg, like she was just jammed into the package. Safely got the broken peg out and asked CS for a replacement. It's now May, I email them monthly asking for updates and get the same generic response. Does anyone know where else I can get a replacement peg, she's the 10in body type so I've come up short on eBay, I really just want to display her.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks all!

Josh

joshooouh
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

3A | Quality Control: Reports and General Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: 3A | Quality Control: Reports and General Discussion

Post by SpiderPig Mon May 23, 2016 9:05 pm

I have same problem, with Red Panda Merc !

CS don't response me.... too
SpiderPig
SpiderPig
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

3A | Quality Control: Reports and General Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: 3A | Quality Control: Reports and General Discussion

Post by Hogarth Mon May 23, 2016 10:27 pm

Also waiting since January for my broken Red Panda wrist.  At least when I wrote them back then, I got a response.  I haven't followed up.  Trying to be patient - I know that ThreeA's pace makes glaciers look like they're breaking landspeed records.  Meanwhile, she sits in her box, unloved.
Hogarth
Hogarth
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by gimbat Mon May 23, 2016 10:41 pm

Unfortunately when there is no stock of replacement parts, they need to be manufactured specifically, as a special order and this always takes a good while.

Thank you so much for your patience.
gimbat
gimbat
Admin

Back to top Go down

3A | Quality Control: Reports and General Discussion - Page 4 Empty Need help/advice with CS request

Post by Hogarth Wed May 25, 2016 10:43 pm

Some of you may have been following this story in the BST thread...Anyway, here goes:

As the topic says, I need advice with a CS request.  A few weeks ago, my OG Thrice Naut eyeglasses were damaged by my cat.  I knew this figure is now over six years old and under normal circumstances, ThreeA might no longer have replacements.  But I also knew that there had been other NOM Commander releases since, including the new Snow Commanders set, so I didn't think one pair of glasses would be a problem.  And CS has always been very helpful with previous requests, so I wrote them as usual, explaining the situation and sent a picture showing the damage.  As I also usually do, I offered to pay any of the costs involved, since the damage wasn't ThreeA's fault or responsibility.  This was their reply:

"That is really a very an old figure , we have no stock, we are very sorry about that."

Not the response I was hoping for.  I wrote them back again, begging them to reconsider and pointed out the new Snow Commander set as having the same glasses.  They did not reply at all to this second email.  Frustrated, I gave up and made a post a couple of days ago on the BST seeking a pair.  A couple of board members suggested contacting CS again and I figured it couldn't hurt, so two days ago, I did.  Only this time, I wasn't specific as to which version of Thrice Naut they were from.  I just said "NOM Commander glasses".  This morning I received this reply:

"Is that Nom Commander of the 2016 Thailand Expo?

We will ask the maintenance team to seek the replacement glasses of your Commander."

And they asked for my mailing address, etc.  Here's my dilemma: obviously, I want the glasses.  But I also don't want to lie and say, yes, they were the Thai Expo Commander.  However, I'm afraid if I say no, they will again say they cannot help.  I don't know what to do.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  Gimbat or Gregory - can you help?

These were my very first 1/6 figures from ThreeA and hold a very special place in my collection.  All I want is to keep the set complete.
Hogarth
Hogarth
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by gimbat Thu May 26, 2016 4:22 am

I will explain to CS how important this figures are for you, but as you said this toys were made a good while ago and arrived complete.

And in my understanding, CS couldn't help you when you first contacted them, because there might be just a highly limited amount of spares, set aside specifically for customers, who purchased a new set (so in case things go south, they would quickly receive the replacement part/parts).
gimbat
gimbat
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hogarth Thu May 26, 2016 10:45 pm

Thanks, Gimbat.  How do I proceed?

It may be too soon for me to worry, but I am literally sick to my stomach that the outcome will not go in my favor, even though their reply indicates they CAN provide a replacement.  I get the whole finite supply thing, but there simply can't be that many people needing these.  Please forgive my pessimism - I'm having a really bad year (fifteen months and counting, actually).  Feeling very down, with little to look forward to at this point.  In the grand scheme of things, this is pretty minor, but it would go a long way to lifting my spirits to have just one thing go my way.
Hogarth
Hogarth
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by <{OjO}> Fri May 27, 2016 12:49 am

Hey Hogarth, I hope CS finds a pair of glasses for you! And I really hope things start looking up for you in general. All the best and let us know how you go...
<{OjO}>
<{OjO}>
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by Skipper11x Fri May 27, 2016 12:53 am

Best of luck, hope it works out. Did you look on eBay for some generic glasses, might not be 3a but better than nothing? Very Happy Very Happy
Skipper11x
Skipper11x
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by Hogarth Fri May 27, 2016 1:49 am

Thanks for the kind words, guys.  I have been checking eBay, but I'm kind of OCD with my figures in that I want the actual ThreeA glasses or nothing at all.  Just really hoping CS comes thru with one pair.  I have a feeling the recent Snow Commanders aren't the last, meaning it's likely they'll have to produce more glasses anyway.  Fingers crossed.
Hogarth
Hogarth
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by gimbat Fri May 27, 2016 6:35 am

Hogarth, I am really sorry to hear that life been tough, please stay strong and hope it will change for the best. If you ever need an ear, you can always send me a PM and I'm sure other boardies will help you as well.

I already did all I could and send an email to CS, explaining how important this is for you.

Hold on there brother!
gimbat
gimbat
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hogarth Fri May 27, 2016 7:17 am

Very much appreciated, Gimbat.  Things have to turn around for me sooner or later.  Really hope it's sooner...

I'll post an update when I have something to report.
Hogarth
Hogarth
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshimus Mon May 30, 2016 10:20 am

I'm still waiting for a replacement arm for BO-TK Rabbit Tamer. Maybe I should email them again.

Joshimus
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by titan1979 Mon May 30, 2016 10:24 am

Joshimus wrote:I'm still waiting for a replacement arm for BO-TK Rabbit Tamer. Maybe I should email them again.
 Yeah, I have yet to get a reply back my self after 2 emails.  You could definitely try emailing them again.  Good Luck!
titan1979
titan1979
Kitty Litter

http://www.feltonlightymedia.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hogarth Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:41 pm

Woke up this morning to an email from CS telling me my replacement glasses have shipped!  I may be critical of ThreeA on occasion, but their CS has always been top-notch in my books.

Thanks, ThreeA!  You made my day!
Hogarth
Hogarth
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by Skipper11x Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:09 pm

Good to hear, good to see something good coming your way, congratulations & thanks to CS.
Skipper11x
Skipper11x
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by <{OjO}> Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:24 pm

Really glad you got your glasses Hogarth, I'm sure that email put a smile on your face! Those CS guys rock!! I think it was probably great timing by your cat as well! If 3A weren't producing the new Nom Com sets at the moment, I might not have liked your chances as much!! But your set is complete once more. Smile All the best bro!

<{OjO}>
<{OjO}>
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

3A | Quality Control: Reports and General Discussion - Page 4 Empty Replacement parts?

Post by gazereths Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:28 pm

I was wondering if there is any chance of buying some replacement parts for my ThreeA REX figure. I've lost three of the small rectangle pieces that sit on top of the main body, I fear they may have gone into the vacuum cleaner at some point.

gazereths
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by gregory Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:02 pm

Inquire with CS and provide images of the pieces missing. If the parts are in stock they'll be able to help.

Admin

https://www.instagram.com/gregoryprout/

Back to top Go down

Post by IronChap Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:21 pm

Classic Ultron is a disaster. The bait and switch on the paint job is a terrible move on it's own, but the construction and finish of the figure is equally as disappointing, especially given there's some really sophisticated engineering underneath all the mess. I've made a gallery of the paint and plastic issues with my figure

HERE - https://imgur.com/a/4jins

But here are a couple of choice cuts - Giant plastic scabs on the antennae:
3A | Quality Control: Reports and General Discussion - Page 4 QgRp2wr

I don't even know what happened here:
3A | Quality Control: Reports and General Discussion - Page 4 ZPsFajW

Shoddily disguised gouges on the side, and note the way the sponging simply STOPS between pieces of the waist at the top:
3A | Quality Control: Reports and General Discussion - Page 4 UeMjnzT

Simply put, this is not the level of finish I expect from a $220USD figure. It's terrible. The black sponging is awful and lazily applied with no consistency or blending or even the slightest attempt to make it look like anything other than black paint applied hastily with a sponge. The panel wash has been applied in the most slap-dash fashion imaginable, and the figure is marred with giant gouges in the plastic like a model kit that has had it's pieces ripped from its runners by an enthusiastic kid with no modelling tools

Just to remind you, this is what we were sold. This is what everyone who ordered a Classic Ultron put their money down in good faith for.

3A | Quality Control: Reports and General Discussion - Page 4 69JFyn6

Note the lack of black sponging and brown panel wash. That's what I ordered. What shipped out is a disaster. And what about people who ordered one from a retailer? What is the retailer supposed to tell them when the customer turns around and asks why they got a blotchy blackened mess instead of the clean chrome Ultron they ordered? 3A should be rerunning this to deliver what they promised. A clean, chrome Ultron. Failing that, full refunds including shipping reimbursement or exchanges for Shadow/Ghost are in order.
IronChap
IronChap
Tomorrow King

http://www.collectathingy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Rictus Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:05 am

I concur. I'm very disappointed with this figure.

Mr. Rictus
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Jroug Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:52 am

Have e-mailed 3/4 times in last month with no response. What CS?

Jroug
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by gimbat Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:57 am

Jroug wrote:Have e-mailed 3/4 times in last month with no response.  What CS?

Please forward me your email (the one you sent to CS, with visible dates when the email was sent last time) to gimbat @ threeAonline.com and I see what I can do.
gimbat
gimbat
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by IronChap Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:18 am

Are you ignoring my email and posts Gimbat?
IronChap
IronChap
Tomorrow King

http://www.collectathingy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by PiggyV01 Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:19 pm

Support and moderator assistance?

PiggyV01
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next