World of 3A Legion Outpost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWR General Toy Discussion

+59
Reks36
Naya
zbrushman
Solodice
x43x
Sideglide
Vaxillus
dtrain
Oneluckyboy
Captain Squiddy
3a_boltman
Zilla
Hogarth
<{OjO}>
GrandpaStern
Plastic Robo
ESeffinga
crab rangoon
achtanders
SQUID
gundamben831
gregory
soulburn
Noir
UsedUniverse
Skipper11x
Kedao
Argentix
SpiderPig
Dar Wolfram
Mr3AGO
chiowhon
Deus Machina
noveltycross
Drip
geisT
7bones
thumbtack82
Firehazzard
zzzzz
Zach.de
gar
counterfeit
Danz
beeto bot
pezbanana
ennui
Beats n Dahbi
bubs67
illproxy
papamadoo
koonfasa
Wooly
Cthulhu
bianco
Chivo
Crem
Albino
gimbat
63 posters

Page 15 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Go down

WWR General Toy Discussion  - Page 15 Empty Re: WWR General Toy Discussion

Post by Skipper11x Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:49 am

Very nice collection!
But another example of how ThreeA shot themselves in the foot, loads of people were willing to buy this colour scheme but ThreeA didn't want to sell with limited numbers and timed drops...
That said congratulations to you Gundamben, you have a very cool squad there and I think you may have them all???
Skipper11x
Skipper11x
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by gundamben831 Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:08 pm

Skipper11x wrote:Very nice collection!
But another example of how ThreeA shot themselves in the foot, loads of people were willing to buy this colour scheme but ThreeA didn't want to sell with limited numbers and timed drops...
That said congratulations to you Gundamben, you have a very cool squad there and I think you may have them all???

I believe I do, technically the membership tank squares wasn't an official Digi-camo and the Harold's are not part of the colorway too but the grey matches exactly as the Digi-camo. Plus I do agree the limited nature of this colorway was just plain stupid, granted it was one of the better if not best colorways that was released. So glad I was there during the sales except the Birdcage and the 3AGO Square were the only two that I didn't get in on the sales. The Harold set was a luck stroke because I had to pay a crazy shipping price but damn worth it, love that colorway.
gundamben831
gundamben831
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by gar Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:55 am

Great squad.

There aren't enough Harolds in the wild.
Amazing WWR robot.

Pity it got so much flak because some "fans" thought it was way too small and out of scale because it wasn't tank-sized.
It's a robot on tracks, not a robotised tank. Still big, not stupid big.

Man, I wished I ordered a Seventh Div. as well when I had the change.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gundamben831 Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:35 am

gar wrote:Great squad.

There aren't enough Harolds in the wild.
Amazing WWR robot.

Pity it got so much flak because some "fans" thought it was way too small and out of scale because it wasn't tank-sized.
It's a robot on tracks, not a robotised tank. Still big, not stupid big.

Man, I wished I ordered a Seventh Div. as well when I had the change.

I had a Seventh Div. at one point and he was indeed an awesome colorway. Sadly I only had the Desert Grunt and the 1/6 Harold, so I had to choose what was more important. To collect a Colorway that I can complete (in a sense) or try to chase after a colorway that was released a long time ago and spend a whole lot of money trying to hunt down all the Desert 666 bots. I feel I chose wisely but still miss that colorway....
gundamben831
gundamben831
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by Skipper11x Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:53 pm

When I first started with WWR I figured I was never going to build a full squad of any colour so I picked up whatever bot in whatever colour I liked thinking I'd only pick up a handful. Now I have waaay too many and my colour schemes are all over the place with some half squads, some one offs and different lines mixed in but I still love them all. Modchip Harold is the only WWR Modchip I have but he looks great. The closest I have to a WWR squad is all 5 Deeds, Dark Deeds Harold, Mighty & MK1 square, I also included Von Nom in there because his dark trenchcoat works better than Nom4. If I had room I would have put Shadow Armstrong and maybe Shadow Merde with them but they're hiding elsewhere. I have a WWRp Desert Harold and he turned out great, actually all the Harold's came out great and I don't think there's any I don't like but they do take up a lot of space so Mod & Dark is all I got.
Skipper11x
Skipper11x
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

WWR General Toy Discussion  - Page 15 Empty Desert Stroll Bot not arrived UK

Post by MarkyMac Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:51 pm

Hope someone can help, I live in the UK and still have not received my Desert Stroll Bot, sorry if I'm posting in the wrong place. I have seen a few pictures on line and would like to know if anyone in the UK has got one and when it arrived? Would appreciate any help, thanks.

MarkyMac
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by Skipper11x Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:47 pm

Mine has arrived in Ireland a few weeks ago, also a friend of mine who was late to register got his too so start hitting them up, maybe contact Threezero CS too.
Skipper11x
Skipper11x
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by MarkyMac Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:27 am

Thank you, will chase it up.

Never had anything ordered from ThreeA not turn up before.

MarkyMac
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooly Sat Dec 28, 2019 6:45 am

As we were moving,(moved out of CA at end of this year), I kept loving each 3A box art discovery that I was coming across as things were being packed and purged.
I'll probably start a thread in "creative/photography" with some of the old logos and panel pics, but for now... love these three:

WWR General Toy Discussion  - Page 15 Y6PhC2I
Wooly
Wooly
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooly Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:00 am

Anyone remember these labels? Oooooo the days. . . back when 3AA was a thing and new "lines" were being pursued Wink

WWR General Toy Discussion  - Page 15 TaQjoDb
^ name the figure

WWR General Toy Discussion  - Page 15 VmCocEu
^ name the figure

Wooly
Wooly
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by Skipper11x Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:23 am

There weren't that many LUX3a...
I'll take a guess at father & son set? With the red Caesar???
Skipper11x
Skipper11x
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by gar Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:06 am

Wooly wrote:Anyone remember these labels? Oooooo the days. . . back when 3AA was a thing and new "lines" were being pursued Wink

pic
^ name the figure

pic
^ name the figure

Haha...
The first one is one of the best deals threeA offered. (and they had a lot of them)
Taking into account the fact that the regular variants were dirt cheap already almost exactly 5 months earlier.
(Just a hind)

I would guess the LUX3A is WWR Caesar Gravedigger.
Just guessing since you just hinted at it here

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Skipper11x Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:26 am

Gar just reminded me, was Caesar the only from figure in the LUX line? I think it might have been.

This is exactly the kind of crap I really miss, random subjects lead on into other bits of randomness with the odd bit of real info sprinkled throughout. Very Happy
Skipper11x
Skipper11x
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooly Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:40 am

Nice hint drops GAR !
Yeah, the "hey3AA" figure was a fantastic deal. I remember trying to track various versions down as they were landing in everyone's hands. They were such home runs, still are, when they were landing. All were blown away by the loadout and amazing grime.
When I settled on chasing this one I wasn't 3AA at the time and I told my story to the seller of how my wife was in MEDICal school and how this figure would be great and how much I'd appreciate if he accepted my offer. True story. Both about how I picked up The Doc and Nurse Betsy and also about my wife's schooling. So there ya go,.. that was the Medic Grunt's label, a true 3AA exclusive.
The only two grunts I've ever owned were The Doc & EMGY Trooper. Sadly sold the EMGY trooper to recoup funds and prepare for our move. I'd still love to grab a Deep Powder or a Stealth,.. but who knows if that day will come.

The "LUX3A" label was first introduced with the Caesar sale. It was never repeated but Ash had said that basically all WWR big bots would be "Lux" moving forward. . .
That snap was from "Micah", the EMGY TRG Caesar beast. I was so close to buying 3 Caesars during that sale, but managed to grab Micah and Gravedigger. I just decided one flat top and one dome head would be enough and still leave me and my wife on good terms. If I could've grabbed a 3rd, it would've been Dutchy. Maybe Deep Comm or Brom as a 4th. Wink  What a freaking sale that was.
Wooly
Wooly
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by gar Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:18 pm

Nice set of Caesars.

Sorry to hear about you let go the EMGY Trooper grunt. I think my favourite grunt.

Deep Powder is much dirtier and muddier than one might expect from something snowy. On the other hand winterwarfare is mostly a muddy and dirty experience. Doc is much whiter.
Fantastic figure nonetheless.
Still am unable to categorise which faction After Hours Stealth Grunt is.
Maybe its own or maybe Gravedigger.
At the end I ended up with more grunts than I expected.

That Caesar sale was pretty insane, indeed.
Since it was mentioned it might be limited I ordered the for me obligatory AP-PEL Caesar (Steve J) first followed by Zwarte Torens and Deep Powder. After some deliberation, I picked up the flat head JEA as well.
Caesars are a bit cyber, compared to the fully dieselpunk Brambles and Berties but I still regret I wasn’t able to get more.

Luckily I was able to add an aftermarket EMGY TRG at cost and later the 3AA exclusive Beagle.
I am still looking for a Surgeon G Medic and maybe Gravedigger at a decent price point.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooly Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:38 am

Yes, the EMGY Trooper was so incredibly well done. He always has been and always will be a grail. There's still some "new in box" sales that I see come up where I wish money was no object. Alas though, I thoroughly enjoyed him and he came through when we needed a quick bump for moving related expenses. Life is funny like that because I can see a day where he'll be back with the squad. Wink

And maaaaaaan... yeah, I forgot about The Beagle. I'd love to grab that guy still.
Then maybe the Underverse produces NERO or XAESAR!

Since I remember the Caesar V0X newsletter starting off with the Rothchild Internal Police units first, I completely felt that "cyber" upscaled technology deep in the bunker feel that I think you're describing. The Caesars seem like such tactical weapons; deployed then pulled back in to wherever they came from. Some would be used a bit differently, more visible, while others would be more like rumors in the jungle or a story told in a blizzard. Very Happy

WWR General Toy Discussion  - Page 15 DQnAYXc
Wooly
Wooly
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by <{OjO}> Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:38 pm

The RIP's are still 2 of my favourites! Very underrated IMO! WWR General Toy Discussion  - Page 15 Image16
WWR General Toy Discussion  - Page 15 Image17
<{OjO}>
<{OjO}>
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooly Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:29 am

Yeah, and is it just more or is ZeroZeroTwo the sleeper of the pair? Have barely seen any in hand pics of him. I always enjoyed Ash's posing in the teaser pics. I had commented once about the posing for figures during the sale and he had said he often did alot of the figure posing for what was put up for sale. Caesar, in particular, was what I'm referring to because those were the days where Ash would be somewhat "live" during the drop.... dropping WWR intel nuggets as people freaked out. Fun freaking stuff.
Wooly
Wooly
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by Hogarth Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:16 am

Stumbled across this website from a former ThreeA employee.  Lots of brightly-colored renders/prototypes etc.  Have a look:

https://ec3d.artstation.com/projects/
Hogarth
Hogarth
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooly Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:11 am

^ How the heck do you stumble across that??!? Wow, crazy. Cool to see and read some of his comments on what were potential projects.

Man, that 1.5 Droppy . . . such an awesome bot.
Wooly
Wooly
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by ZombieRepublican Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:52 pm

Those look very cool. They look articulated too, I wonder what the scale was

ZombieRepublican
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Hogarth Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:54 pm

Wooly wrote:^ How the heck do you stumble across that??!?

If I recall correctly, I was doing a wide image search for "ThreeA WWR".  Those renderings are amazing.  Some very cool poses to steal, too.
Hogarth
Hogarth
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by gar Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:15 am

ZombieRepublican wrote:Those look very cool. They look articulated too, I wonder what the scale was
As far as I know it was a project with small WWR statues, Ash teased some stuff years ago on Instagram, maybe Gregory can say more about this canned project.

I like those Armstrongs best... Love those "new" SMGs
https://ec3d.artstation.com/projects/e0W4NP

WWR General Toy Discussion  - Page 15 Eric-c10

WWR General Toy Discussion  - Page 15 Eric-c11

[edit]
Ah, Eric Clark explains it:
World War Robot "Armstrong" figures I modeled up and posed for Ashley Wood when I worked for him at 3A.
Ash had me make a whole bunch of these robots as he was thinking of using them as potential figurines for a tabletop game or possibly just as mini-statues people could purchase and paint themselves.
We 3D printed a few and they were shown at SDCC and a few other cons / trade shows. For the renders I made some roughed up paint materials, going for that solid color "toy soldier" kind of look.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cthulhu Sat Oct 31, 2020 2:44 am

Would of been a cool chess set, or I should say made for a cool chess set
Cthulhu
Cthulhu
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooly Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:11 am

I would take an Armstrong table top lighter where the flame comes out of the SMG. To light candles and stuff. . .
Or just to use as a personal marshmallow roaster.
Wooly
Wooly
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next