World of 3A Legion Outpost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Andy - December 22nd at Bamba

+39
Hogarth
Vaxillus
<{OjO}>
UsedUniverse
gar
ozz
ennui
BlackBellamy
abex44
Jroug
carryingthebag@yahoo.co.u
Eponymous
zbrushman
ghostmouse
Beaumont
illproxy
Mr. Rictus
Dar Wolfram
Artoo
gregory
papamadoo
3a_boltman
Matrix
Skipper11x
counterfeit
noisebot
regalia
Chivo
Sideglide
gundamben831
666ways2love
PiggyV01
IronChap
mazinguerbeta
Jubal285ive
dtrain
ESeffinga
wutasi
gimbat
43 posters

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Andy - December 22nd at Bamba  - Page 5 Empty Re: Andy - December 22nd at Bamba

Post by UsedUniverse Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:47 am

An allotment for Bamba for those not attending SDCC would be nice but i'm not holding my breath.
UsedUniverse
UsedUniverse
Nom di Sciple

http://useduniverse.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Chivo Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:19 am

That's what I'm talkin' about.  I just don't get why the seemingly best figures become exclusives at some con/event,etc.  I mean isn't the purpose to have an exclusive is to make new people aware of your company?  But what ends up happening by putting out these cooler exclusives is you attract the people who already know about your company and are just going to the event to get the exclusive to flip it later.  If you just put out a nice enough exclusive that promotes your company/has your company logo on it somehow, but won't attract the "high selling" flipper, then you won't be inadvertently hurting your company by having your passionate customers buying from flippers instead of you. Makes sense, 3A? I hope you're listening.
Chivo
Chivo
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by Jroug Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:07 pm

Just requested cancellation of my initial Andy order. Done.

Jroug
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by 3a_boltman Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:28 am

I don't mean to Gripe to the gripers. But wouldn't this be a very simple kit bash to match the exclusive?
Toss on a leather jacket and glasses from ebay folks. Done. I am keeping my first order and honestly lets not get over freaked out about this. Ether your going to get it or your going to kit bash. Thats the truth of it all.
3a_boltman
3a_boltman
Oyabun

http://oltmandesign@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jroug Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:44 am

I think you've missed the point.

The comment "Ether your going to get it or your going to kit bash" is a very simple way to look at it. For example, those are not the only options.

I wrote a much longer post that filled in all the details of why I feel this way, but I held back. That said, if boardies really can't figure out what the issues are, I'll post it.

But frankly, I'd rather just get the refund, liquidate the rest of my collection and forget about 3A.

Jroug
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by 3a_boltman Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:06 am

I totally understand the issues of them offering members a first bite then re-issuing that as an exclusive. Seams like a weak approach and I do agree that a Con exclusive should be something that represents the company as a wow factor. It only pissed us all of who had all ready dropped money on a figure then 2 months later to see that we received the weaker release of what it should have been. I get the frustration. Its like a slap in the face to the people who support new figures who think they are getting something complete and special. The kit bash is what we are left with doing since we all ready invested or like you chose a cancelation is ok to. It sorta says slap you back in the face 3A for putting us on a run around with figures. For me, I am just happy to land Andy. There is no one else on the market that has made him and well, I am sucker for popbot.
3a_boltman
3a_boltman
Oyabun

http://oltmandesign@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sideglide Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:21 am

As someone that ordered Andy off Bamba,  this is my take:

The con exclusive being cooler: subjective
The con exclusive screwing members: same as above
The original should have had the cons accessories : hard to say.  The original idea is Andy,  and they did that.  The con exclusive kit could have been an idea after the fact.

The point I take issue is: why does a con exclusive get released to the public before the bamba orders have shipped??  Let's be clear,  the bamba orders funded the production of this figure.  Not cool at all.  3A, fulfill your orders before you cannibalize the pre-orders.  This is what happened.  Every con exclusive that sells could have been an order fulfillment from a bamba order.

Stop doing that.  Con exclusives separate from any pre-order offered on bamba afterwards ; I have no problem.  This is what happened at Venture which nullified from a sales point of Venture,  but I get it.  Everyone was pissed.  BTW,  I expect all the USA  Venture exclusives to be offered on bamba now..

So in short,  fulfill your orders before playing with others money.
Sideglide
Sideglide
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by Jroug Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:22 am

3a_boltman wrote:For me, I am just happy to land Andy. There is no one else on the market that has made him and well, I am sucker for popbot.

FWIW, Medicom did two great 1/6 Warhol figures years ago, if that's what you're referring to.

PS: Still waiting for a response to my e-mail to CS about getting a refund for my original Andy order.

Jroug
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by gar Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:26 pm

Velvet Andy TK Bambaland allotment!!!

Well, at least an announcement we'll have a Bambaland allotment.

Andy - December 22nd at Bamba  - Page 5 0B2E9F82-1C81-4D53-83EB-4B71452C99DB_zpskoufqzcu

link

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ESeffinga Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:14 am

Since I was shot, everything is such a dream to me. Like I don't know whether I'm alive or whether I died. I wasn't afraid before. And having been dead once, I shouldn't feel fear. But I am afraid. I don't understand why.

-Andy Warhol
ESeffinga
ESeffinga
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by Jroug Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:27 am

Step in the right direction, for sure.

But I don't want two Andys, one of which a) I will have no use for and b) will be impossible to recapture cost of.

Hopefully CS refunds my initial order, then I'd try for this one.

Jroug
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by <{OjO}> Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:47 am

I can't believe that people who PO off Bamba ages ago aren't going to have Andy before those able to go to SDCC!! And the SDCC version has the jacket and glasses, which is way cooler IMO!! Feeling very neglected by 3A on this one!?.....
<{OjO}>
<{OjO}>
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by Sideglide Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:33 am

<{OjO}> wrote:I can't believe that people who PO off Bamba ages ago AR en't going to have Andy before those able to go to SDCC!! And the SDCC version has the jacket and glasses, which is way cooler IMO!! Feeling very neglected by 3A on this one!?.....

This.
Sideglide
Sideglide
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by dtrain Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:55 pm

Also, as a 3AA member attending SDCC I'd rather try to buy this exclusive off bambaland and utilize my discount instead of wasting hours in line to possibly score and pay retail. Strange.
dtrain
dtrain
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by chiowhon Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:04 pm

I believe that 3A is ok to do refunds.mjust that do note that you get back 95% of what you paid as 5% is use to defray admin cost which I believe is the upfront PayPal fees that was paid by 3A when u purchase the item

chiowhon
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by Skipper11x Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:23 pm

I cancelled stuff before and yes you do have to lose 5% to cover PayPal.
Also 3a has given con exclusives preference over pre-orders before, the only one that affected me personally was the mighty squaro. And I definitely think it's an insult to the loyal legion but the party line is that's the way it is, love it or leave it.
Skipper11x
Skipper11x
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by Hogarth Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:20 pm

dtrain wrote:Also, as a 3AA member attending SDCC I'd rather try to buy this exclusive off bambaland and utilize my discount instead of wasting hours in line to possibly score and pay retail.  Strange.

Odds are just as much against you with bamba sale.  I'm guessing it will be over in seconds.  I wouldn't be surprised if this is one of those sales that doesn't even get announced until they're up.  Then all gone in an instant.
Hogarth
Hogarth
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by dtrain Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:51 pm

Meh nevermind

Last edited by dtrain on Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
dtrain
dtrain
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by gar Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:14 pm

I for one am pretty happy to see threeA doubled the production size of this SDCC release to give fans from all over the world which are unable to attent SDCC, a change to get their hands on this figure, instead of having to resort to scalpers on eBay.
So attending fans also have more chance to score one during SDCC2016 and not see their toys ending up in the bags of people wanting to make a quick profit from their trip to San Diego.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by chiowhon Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:49 pm

I agree with Gar, threea has recently been very attentive to feedback from fans. Thumbs up to all threea staffs who bothers to feedback to their management on fans concerns cheers.

chiowhon
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by papamadoo Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:30 pm

gar wrote:I for one am pretty happy to see threeA doubled the production size of this SDCC release to give fans from all over the world which are unable to attent SDCC, a change to get their hands on this figure, instead of having to resort to scalpers on eBay.
So attending fans also have more chance to score one during SDCC2016 and not see their toys ending up in the bags of people wanting to make a quick profit from their trip to San Diego.

threea seem to made it a couple of time already. I don't see quite often Real Con exclusive. the box seem to have been the difference between the version. Bamba just don't get a premade version and to be frank I don't really care about that ....

papamadoo
papamadoo
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by Artoo Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:46 pm

Hogarth wrote:
Odds are just as much against you with bamba sale.  I'm guessing it will be over in seconds.  I wouldn't be surprised if this is one of those sales that doesn't even get announced until they're up.  Then all gone in an instant.

I'm guessing this. It'll be up and gone before mentioned on any of the 12 different 3A news pages.
Artoo
Artoo
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by Jroug Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:50 am

Mediocre steps taken (but still steps, so similarly half-assed kudos, I guess) to mitigate this poor decision, but an ideal solution would be:

allow buyers from last year an option to get Andy as originally solicited, or upgrade their previous order to the SDCC version.

If SDCC Andy is more $$ than OG Andy, 3A charges the price difference for upgrade.

Simple solution and no rotting in SDCC line, hoping you'll catch them at Bamba (esp if flash sale), or dealing with scalpers.

Otherwise, if we want the better version, 3A is making more so we are "allowed" to buy it twice; how kind! So happy!

And best advantage? Don't need to deal with disposing of lesser Andy no one will want.

In my view, if 3A is going to be considerate of their fans, this is the least they could do, especially for people who already paid for them last year.

Also, 5% for admin fee is not cost of PayPal fee - when you issue a PayPal refund to a buyer, the PayPal fee is refunded to the seller - 100% clean. That said, may not be the case after 6 months have passed, but that's on 3A.

Jroug
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by <{OjO}> Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:10 am

There's an easy solution for 3A to avoid all the emo!! Don't make con exclusives that in any way resemble previous Bamba PO's!! Pretty simple!!???....
<{OjO}>
<{OjO}>
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by Sideglide Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:45 am

Or just put the order in our hands before making OUR figure for sale to others off the street.
Sideglide
Sideglide
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next