World of 3A Legion Outpost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tomorrow Kings General discussion

+109
aconners1
3a_boltman
Takezo
koonfasa
Cthulhu
counterfeit
Oneluckyboy
pezbanana
papamadoo
thumbtack82
Chivo
Artoo
abex44
Devours
DannyB
Nothing
Matrix
x43x
Chanimation
DpM
BlackBellamy
johnnyhaggis
Beeswax
dragonklien
tango12
fredfran
Mr3AGO
konfucious
Onaux
rikitiki
Firehazzard
Deb Inc.
Bassnoir
fink
slowbrom
d3nnis
altego101
Skipper11x
Wooly
dtrain
Crem
Albino
geisT
wutasi
dextercat69
Tsuba
nixon_3AA
Darthgothikus
gregory
LordPiper
J&J
chiowhon
Grish
Beeratt
zendeluxe
turbs
Beaumont
illproxy
RestlessEye
Toolarmy
Rad Toy Review
Kedao
Danz
ozz
Plastic Robo
BPP
666ways2love
Jubal285ive
3Afan
miracle bubbles
luk
crucial1
Argentix
goddamnanalog
straytoaster
ArtofJeAA
UsedUniverse
regalia
DT2
Siona
ArtWar
gundamben831
ESeffinga
les_trois_as
Sideglide
IronChap
fluppeco
ineedmoretoys
bianco
Ce
Vaxillus
GrandpaStern
dbpom
PiggyV01
7bones
Dar Wolfram
gar
bubs67
Deus Machina
SpiderPig
Utakuninja
jcr518
Losartan
bubblegumking
Mouse9090
grimrealities
ianross
billy_t85
gimbat
113 posters

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

Tomorrow Kings General discussion - Page 29 Empty Re: Tomorrow Kings General discussion

Post by illproxy Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:51 am

Chivo wrote:PVC huh?  Didn't think about that.  I thought about ABS or styrene. But I think styrene would be too fragile and either break during shipping or someone's heavy hands.  ABS or PVC don't know too much about.  Do they function well with paints?

i think all the gundam kits are pvc and hold paint fine. same as the 1/35 scale thug suits by threeA
illproxy
illproxy
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Tomorrow Kings General discussion - Page 29 Empty Re: Tomorrow Kings General discussion

Post by Beaumont Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:55 am

Didn't they (3A) say they were switching from vinyl to pvc sometime back because of the cost and weight benefits. I remember being a debate on the wwr figures not feeling the same if they changed it.
Beaumont
Beaumont
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Chivo Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:58 am

Probably has to do with the fact that vinyl is flexible and won't break during shipping. I think a video tour of the factory would enlighten us as to why toys end up being made the way they are made and why qc suffers.
Chivo
Chivo
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by illproxy Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:04 am

its been years and i still cant get over the fact that NO ONE at threeA during development commented on the heavy bram rpg and was like "yeah Ash this is cool and all but the toy can barely even support the weight of this thing, lets try a diff material." same with bertie mk3 cannons.

it just boggles my mind scratch
illproxy
illproxy
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by Chivo Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:10 am

I think unless you're in the driver's seat, you will never understand the decisions 3A makes.
Chivo
Chivo
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by dbpom Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:32 am

Hi there,

I'm quite apprehensive about my yoshitsune, will it be floppy as hell... don't know yet, haven't gotten it, not even the tracking for it.

the thing is I've just been to the post office to pick up Hemmingway, though I never knew it was coming. I work offshore and most of my packages are being taxed by customs here in brasil, therefore, I need to be able to track them and know where they are so I can go to the PO get them. It happened before with bambaboss and mighty. When I don't know my figures are at the post office waiting for me I can't go there pick'em up and they are sent back to the sender (threea), again, it happened before (bambaboss), then I gotta contact CS again and pay for shipping.

Has this happened to you guys, how do I work it out since asking for the tracking has not been working for me. I've just sent CS an email about it. Last time I got a "tracking has been sent on blablabla date" but I even check the spams and it was never there.

How can this issue be solved?

p.s.: didn't know if I could post it here but as it is about  TK I figured

* edit - they just sent the tracking for my yoshitsune, read it as after I sent them an email (not the first one) questioning they answered. It's in sweeden for some reason, can't wait to get it.
I just need two more tracking numbers (3AA and AGO). Really want that ago TK to play with.
dbpom
dbpom
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by bubblegumking Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:38 pm

Beaumont wrote:I wonder if people are ignoring the stand and expect him to to stand on its own with that heavy pack on its back.

Oh, you mean like they were supposed to, Ash said they would and all the pictures before and after the sale showed them doing so?

Yeah, super weird that people would think or expect that.. Rolling Eyes
bubblegumking
bubblegumking
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by Oneluckyboy Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:51 pm

Hey all. I was going to put some coating on the legs to help them (heavy TK).when i took them off I noticed that the ball joint had strange notches on it. Like someone took a screw driver to it at the facotry..i've never had one look like this. Any ideas? Is this supposed to give it something to "grab" on to?

Tomorrow Kings General discussion - Page 29 NPO6p72

Tomorrow Kings General discussion - Page 29 6rMGKe8
Oneluckyboy
Oneluckyboy
BST Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Cthulhu Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:53 pm

Perhaps the ball was casted too small and the melted grooves gave it more volume to fill the socket?
Cthulhu
Cthulhu
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by ESeffinga Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:31 pm

Seems to be a new joint thing they are trying. My WBR Romulus has giant versions of the same kind of scoring/notching in the ball joints. Something I'd probably not have noticed or paid too much attention to, had his arm actually been attached when he arrived. I assumed friction was the intended goal.
ESeffinga
ESeffinga
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by johnnyhaggis Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:39 am

Hey does anyone know what the 3AGO TK head is supposed to be for in the 3AA 2015 membership set? Just got mine today and am confused about that head...
johnnyhaggis
johnnyhaggis
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by wutasi Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:27 am

Oneluckyboy wrote:Hey all. I was going to put some coating on the legs to help them (heavy TK).when i took them off I noticed that the ball joint had strange notches on it. Like someone took a screw driver to it at the facotry..i've never had one look like this. Any ideas? Is this supposed to give it something to "grab" on to?

https://i.imgur.com/NPO6p72.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/6rMGKe8.jpg

It is certainly part of 3A's retooling attempts to build more friction in the joints.
IMO it didn't work out that well for the HD Slicers, still had to coat mine with a layer of nail polish.
wutasi
wutasi
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by wutasi Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:27 am

johnnyhaggis wrote:Hey does anyone know what the 3AGO TK head is supposed to be for in the 3AA 2015 membership set?  Just got mine today and am confused about that head...

Head is bonus for renewing members
wutasi
wutasi
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by johnnyhaggis Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:32 am

ah, makes sense, thanks - was wondering if there was some decapitation story, or if it was a QC replacement for another TK or something
johnnyhaggis
johnnyhaggis
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Oneluckyboy Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:36 am

It's just a tk head..nothing to read into. You can make a keychain, or put it on a 3AGO body.
Oneluckyboy
Oneluckyboy
BST Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Chivo Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:42 am

It's a taste of the 3AGO crack to entice you into buying more. No joke. Twisted Evil
Chivo
Chivo
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by Dar Wolfram Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:02 am

Chivo wrote: It's a taste of the 3AGO crack to entice you into buying more. No joke. Twisted Evil

You mean it wasn't included so we'd be able to truthfully claim every member got a little head as a perk of 2015 membership? Suspect  Very Happy

I'll show myself out ... clown
Dar Wolfram
Dar Wolfram
Tomorrow King

https://worldof3alegion.forumotion.com/t30-list-your-collection-a

Back to top Go down

Post by Chivo Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:35 am

Yeah, you're explanation seems more fitting. A little head, and a big  "member" for the "member"ship "package".
Chivo
Chivo
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by Oneluckyboy Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:05 am

Tried to get something kind of makeshift set up on the Heavy until the new body is sent. This tank is just super heavy..not sure how any Tk body could hold this up long term without that stand. Still a killer looking fig.
Oneluckyboy
Oneluckyboy
BST Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by johnnyhaggis Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:19 am

hey that footcutter cowboy TK - was that ever for sale or is that a future release? someone is selling one on ebay??
johnnyhaggis
johnnyhaggis
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by illproxy Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:27 am

johnnyhaggis wrote:hey that footcutter cowboy TK - was that ever for sale or is that a future release?  someone is selling one on ebay??

not TK related dont think. was a f5 drop during a pascha bareback fig sale Smile
illproxy
illproxy
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by johnnyhaggis Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:28 am

Ah, makes sense, thanks - guess i should pay attention to sales even when im no interested in them!
johnnyhaggis
johnnyhaggis
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Skipper11x Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:39 am

Footcutter was sold months ago, surprise drop during Prudence sale I think. Not shipped yet but will be shortly.
Skipper11x
Skipper11x
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by Argentix Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:07 am

johnnyhaggis wrote:hey that footcutter cowboy TK - was that ever for sale or is that a future release?  someone is selling one on ebay??

I think you're referring to the Footcutter Cowbot, which was a humanoid robot sold during a WoIP drop. I'm not aware of a TK version.
Argentix
Argentix
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by wutasi Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:24 am

Cowbot actually belongs to the Isobelle univers, and he collects Pascha feet
wutasi
wutasi
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next