World of 3A Legion Outpost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tomorrow Kings General discussion

+47
ALogicalEnding
silvermoom
raphmeister
ArtWar
zendeluxe
x43x
3AFr
Artoo
LordPiper
geisT
Albino
Hacky
Joshimus
Matrix
koonfasa
Reks36
gcJAE
gundamben831
beeto bot
Mr3AGO
Chivo
KORNdog
illproxy
<{OjO}>
megazomb
ESeffinga
haaspodge
Skipper11x
Firehazzard
dtrain
3a_boltman
gregory
adzmax
UsedUniverse
wutasi
Hogarth
Oneluckyboy
Vaxillus
Cthulhu
counterfeit
gar
Plastic Robo
3A BOLTMAN
theparallax
deru_here
SpiderPig
dr37
51 posters

Page 7 of 27 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 17 ... 27  Next

Go down

Tomorrow Kings General discussion - Page 7 Empty Re: Tomorrow Kings General discussion

Post by Chivo Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:06 am

When I get my Ranger if I'm up to it I'll break mine down as long as  no plastic parts have the potential for damage. Wink
Chivo
Chivo
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Tomorrow Kings General discussion - Page 7 Empty Re: Tomorrow Kings General discussion

Post by Wooly Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:38 am

Nice to hear the bleach troopers are landing.
I opened my Rose last night and these beasts are awesome. Great execution and I had no issues with joints or support. I did have my two grenade straps in there so that wasn't missed either. I see the two blaster holding hands but the idea that it was sold with 2 guns was a complete miss. You can tell from the packaging, no 2nd blaster seems to ever have been intended.

Either way, what a stunner. Very very slick new figure, really liking it.
Wooly
Wooly
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by <{OjO}> Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:32 am

Ok, so maybe just mine is missing the grenade belts! As for the guns, it was sold with 2 guns in the item description, so we should get what was described IMO! Off to contact CS I guess....
<{OjO}>
<{OjO}>
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by counterfeit Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:45 pm

huh? rose comes with grenade straps? mine is not....
counterfeit
counterfeit
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooly Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:08 am

Yeah,... I have two of them in mine. I'll post up a pic later tonight.
I kinda dig snapping them together into one big cross body strap.

And yeah, I agree, it should have 2 blasters. I just meant that the plastic clamshell mold was only designed with one in mind. They could've always stuck the extra one in the space beneath like the 3 swords are. I'll probably shoot a quick word to CS as well.
Wooly
Wooly
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by counterfeit Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:24 am

Wooly, can you post photo of grenade straps? I just emailed CS and they ask me what kind of strap is that.. -___-
counterfeit
counterfeit
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooly Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:21 am

yes,... didn't get to do it prior but I'll post up tonight.
Wooly
Wooly
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by Chivo Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:37 pm

Just got my Ranger in.  And here's my take on him.  Overall designwise I like it better than the Lost Star Warriors just because I'm old school and they obviously give more of the original Stormtrooper vibe.  

Paint apps though weren't quite representative of what we saw on the promo images.  

I don't care for the use of vinyl for some parts of the armor.  All parts should have been hard plastic.  

Use of magnets is great however they either should have used stronger magnets or  should have used deeper pegs to holes connection so that the pack doesn't come off so easily when handling the figure.  

Beyond that I feel this new body that was engineered has room for improvement.  3A really needs to find a way to tighten up their joints with easy access.  I don't care for the use of ratchet joints.  There really is no point to them if you just use plastic that can take the use of screws when tightening up joints.  Anyway,  one interesting thing to note if you haven't already is that the legs can extend at that leg to groin connection to about 1/2 inch further.  This enables the figure to sit.

Another note is that on the mid abodomen section you will have to take the screw caps off in order to remove the screws.  It may require either use of WD-40 and some glue dots or if you don't have the patience like me, use either an eye wear flat head screwdriver to lift up the screw cap or some sort of hard pin.  Though you do risk marring the plastic screw cap or surrounding areas.

Other notes on the vinyl armor:  You can slip the thigh armor off over the knee cap (the knee cap is glued from what I can tell).  Heating the vinyl is recommended to make the process a little bit easier.  The crotch armor can be removed in the same fashion.   Don't over heat the vinyl 'cause I'm sure there is a limit to the vinyl's  retraction memory.  Shoulder armor also seems to be glued on.  

Over all I give this figure about a 7 out of 10.  It just didn't Wow! me as much as I thought it would.  Still a good figure to have in one's collection especially if you're a SW fan.

Tomorrow Kings General discussion - Page 7 Qvin3bz

If you haven't noticed, you can attach the pistol to the backpack Predator-style via the two band humps or...
Tomorrow Kings General discussion - Page 7 JohNKlC

You can attach the pistol via magnets on the opposite side on the circle design.
Tomorrow Kings General discussion - Page 7 GungJKH

Last edited by Chivo on Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:28 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Other notes added and first image was redone. And two more images were added to showcase the pistol storage capacity.)
Chivo
Chivo
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooly Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:10 am

Freaking useful reference photo Chivo! (thank you!!)
I'm actually even more impressed with these guys in hand than when revealed at US Venture. It's the Ash take on SW that I was really hoping for versus the stormtrooper head on a TK approach that first came to light. Don't get me wrong, would love one of those all black Lonely Star Warriors,.. but the Showa Trooper is the droid I was looking for.
Definitely has an ability to improve - totally agree on the magnet backpack.
In the end, I don't know where I land with the vinyl armor pieces. It allows for more mobility and doesn't sacrifice the look ... but I'm wondering if I'm going to like it more or be bothered by it more when I get to working on the DIY ranger.

So,... pics of Rosebud. (dTrain, I'll forever be using that btw) ::
- and pics of the grenade belts,... sorry for the delay counterfeit -

Tomorrow Kings General discussion - Page 7 IKyIWKm

Tomorrow Kings General discussion - Page 7 DQbUjAJ

Tomorrow Kings General discussion - Page 7 B9tQdt9
Wooly
Wooly
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by UsedUniverse Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:20 am

Are the seams welded on the body (pelvis). I would like to somehow tighten hip joints.
UsedUniverse
UsedUniverse
Nom di Sciple

http://useduniverse.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Chivo Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:46 am

No. The crotch is held together by one screw in the ass. LOL. affraid  You'll need some patience to access it obviously as it requires you to remove the armor undies.  The body is built similarly to like a standard truetype in that it does contain that spring mechanism that joins the crotch to the abdomen piece.  In terms of tightening up the hip joint or where those balls on the upper thighs connect to the crotch, I found that mine had a slight break on one of the mechanisms that allows for the ratchet function to work properly which caused one of the legs on my figure to slightly flop if I shook the figure.  Anyway, I was able to fix the figure to the extent that it didn't do that anymore.  But I'm still not satisfied with this ratchet joint system design as it doesn't give me the tightness I desire.
Chivo
Chivo
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by UsedUniverse Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:23 am

Cool, at least I can open him up and see what I can do.
Thanks Chivo !
UsedUniverse
UsedUniverse
Nom di Sciple

http://useduniverse.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by gar Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:05 am

Received mine today.

Sadly the package arrived a bit flatter than intended by threeA.
Left side of my Suicide Rose torso armor has to be glued together again and
one of the hoses came off from the backpack as well, everything else is fine.

No grenade belts either.
So I'll contact CS for that.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by deru_here Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:15 am

That moment when you take a fig out from storage only to have the arm fall off ; ___ ; (poor oroshi)
What have i done to deserve this?????.......

deru_here
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Oneluckyboy Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:42 am

I need to check my Rose for belts, i did not open the little bags with nades or anything.
Oneluckyboy
Oneluckyboy
BST Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooly Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:39 pm

yeah,... I can't be the only one that got them! (pics on prev page)
I'll still reach out to CS for the second pew pew,... being that we all got a second gun hand and all..
Wooly
Wooly
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by counterfeit Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:41 pm

Wooly wrote:
- and pics of the grenade belts,... sorry for the delay counterfeit -

Tomorrow Kings General discussion - Page 7 DQbUjAJ
no problem, thank you very much bro Very Happy
counterfeit
counterfeit
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by 3a_boltman Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:04 am

Man I am not having luck with my quality on arrivals on the Troopers from 3A.
Ordered in all:
2 DIY happy troopers, Silver trooper, Ranger Trooper, Suicide Rose Trooper and Arid Patrol Trooper.

Still waiting for arrival on:
Suicide Rose and Arid patrol

Issues so far:
• 2 DIY Happy troopers - one came with 2 left feet
• Silver Trooper-Foot peg has a crack in it so needs to be replaced. Not sure if they can send part or if I will have to ship back. Also there is missing paint from the rib area and looks bad.
• Ranger Trooper Backpack has magnet on one side that is reversed so it won't attach.

I will see how the other 2 arrive and if they show up in good condition before reaching out to CS. Want to address all the issues at once but feeling a bit let down that the QC on these is still apparent.

Issues with
3a_boltman
3a_boltman
Oyabun

http://oltmandesign@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dtrain Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:22 pm

Just got an email from CS saying they've shipped me Rose Commando belt parts. I never contacted them but it's cool they're being proactive. Wish the extra gun was coming too though.
dtrain
dtrain
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by gar Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:06 pm

In the shipping announcement I received CS doesn't mention "belt" at all.

Product Description: 3A SHOWA TK TROOPER - SUICIDE ROSE COMMANDO PARTS×1

I expect to receive an extra shotgun as well (sooner or later.)
Since CS replied my email inquiry, mentioning belt and shotgun will be shipped separately next month.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by counterfeit Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:23 pm

they mentioned belts in email subject:

Shipping information of 3A Showa TK Trooper - Suicide Rose Commando Belt Parts
counterfeit
counterfeit
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by gar Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:50 pm

counterfeit wrote:they mentioned belts in email subject:

Shipping information of 3A Showa TK Trooper - Suicide Rose Commando Belt Parts

Ah yes, emails subjects, I always forget to read those.  Tomorrow Kings General discussion - Page 7 1f633

That explains the “belt and shotgun will be shipped separately next month”

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by <{OjO}> Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:07 pm

Anyone seen the Suicide Rose print turn up yet?
<{OjO}>
<{OjO}>
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooly Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:08 am

^ Nope, haven't see a one yet anywhere on the net. Total anticipation when I opened mine. Would've loved to snag one.

And hey... bummer Boltman! The magnet, the 2 left feet,... yeah, you would think those would be caught before letting the figure get packaged. I have never owned any hot toys or any premium type star wars figures so I'm just digging the heck out of my Rosebud commander on my desk. The larger size and the styling on it,... just loving it. So hopefully they get you sorted on it all. (still haven't opened my DIY)

Wooly
Wooly
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by <{OjO}> Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:50 pm

Looks like CS are send out a Lonely Star Warrior long rifle as the extra gun for Suicide Rose! Nice!
<{OjO}>
<{OjO}>
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 27 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 17 ... 27  Next