World of 3A Legion Outpost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tomorrow Kings General discussion

+47
ALogicalEnding
silvermoom
raphmeister
ArtWar
zendeluxe
x43x
3AFr
Artoo
LordPiper
geisT
Albino
Hacky
Joshimus
Matrix
koonfasa
Reks36
gcJAE
gundamben831
beeto bot
Mr3AGO
Chivo
KORNdog
illproxy
<{OjO}>
megazomb
ESeffinga
haaspodge
Skipper11x
Firehazzard
dtrain
3a_boltman
gregory
adzmax
UsedUniverse
wutasi
Hogarth
Oneluckyboy
Vaxillus
Cthulhu
counterfeit
gar
Plastic Robo
3A BOLTMAN
theparallax
deru_here
SpiderPig
dr37
51 posters

Page 6 of 27 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 16 ... 27  Next

Go down

Tomorrow Kings General discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: Tomorrow Kings General discussion

Post by <{OjO}> Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:50 am

I'm sure in the item description suicide rose commander was meant to come with 2 guns!? Mine only came with 1! Can anyone else confirm this? BTW, no sketch for me! I thought with odds of 10 in a million my chances were pretty good..... scratch
<{OjO}>
<{OjO}>
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Tomorrow Kings General discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: Tomorrow Kings General discussion

Post by dtrain Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:29 am

Should have 2 guns:

Tomorrow Kings General discussion - Page 6 UOKROefl

Last edited by dtrain on Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:24 am; edited 1 time in total
dtrain
dtrain
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by <{OjO}> Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:37 am

Do you have yours yet dtrain?
<{OjO}>
<{OjO}>
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by <{OjO}> Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:44 am

Yep deru_here, the the leg and forearm armour is rubbery plastic!
<{OjO}>
<{OjO}>
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by illproxy Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:04 am

they kinda remind me of one of the scar squadron of stormtroopers in recent SW marvel comics. Cool
illproxy
illproxy
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by dtrain Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:25 am

<{OjO}> wrote:Do you have yours yet dtrain?

Nope, still hasn't reached the U.S. according to tracking: Nov. 5th processed through facility Guangzhou, China
dtrain
dtrain
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by Oneluckyboy Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:16 am

dtrain wrote:Should have 2 guns:

Tomorrow Kings General discussion - Page 6 UOKROefl

Mine only came with the blaster. It did have the swords, pouches and poncho..but only one gun. Seems like it was change along the way.
Oneluckyboy
Oneluckyboy
BST Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by dtrain Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:38 am

Looks like a lot of shotguns are gonna need to be shipped out separately, Rose was $20 more because of the extra accessories.
dtrain
dtrain
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooly Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:55 am

Well Rosebud(good call dTrain) definitely still came fully geared up. Always nice to have 3 swords just in case. pirat
Hmmm,... looked back on the description and see "shotgun" vs blaster? I'm guessing all descriptions likely called the blaster a shotgun. I only have my DIY description to refer to:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SHOWA TK TROOPER - DIY HAPPY TK
Designed by Ashley Wood

FEATURES
Height 13Inches (33cm) Tall
28 Points of Articulation

DIY HAPPY TK comes with
MATT WHITE FOR EASY DIY PAINT< NOT PAINTED APART FROM LENSES
SHOWA Shogun x 1
Swords x 1
Interchangeable Hands x 3pairs (Relax, Fist, Gun holding hands)

*Contains small parts, for 15years+*

Price Includes WORLDWIDE Shipping via courier
Preorder for Q2 2017 Shipping

ADDITIONAL INFO
Materials Used - ABS, PVC, POM, Fabric and Magnet
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wooly
Wooly
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by <{OjO}> Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:59 am

Yep! A shotgun and complementary sketch will do!....cheers
<{OjO}>
<{OjO}>
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by Oneluckyboy Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:04 am

I'm guessing the "blaster" IS the "shotgun" but Rosey was missing one..
Oneluckyboy
Oneluckyboy
BST Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by illproxy Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:09 am

any pics of one of these next to HT star wars figs?
illproxy
illproxy
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by <{OjO}> Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:01 pm

Now I've had a chance to look at Suicide Rose and the contents of the box, I've noticed not only did he come with 1 shotgun instead of the 2 stated in the sale description. He's also missing the grenade belts that were listed in the description as well...?? I hope they get sent out soon to those of us that purchased him! Anyway, he's an awesome figure!

Tomorrow Kings General discussion - Page 6 Img_0910
Tomorrow Kings General discussion - Page 6 Img_0911
<{OjO}>
<{OjO}>
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by UsedUniverse Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:31 am

My Arid Patrol has loose hip joints. I can get him in a pose but it could never hold that position for long. There's no way of tightening that area with the floor polish trick. A little disappointed that the feet don't have hinged toe like like you expect it would. That round nob on the chin has to go. I'll at some point remove that and add or sculpt something more pleasing.
Other that all that I love this figure.
UsedUniverse
UsedUniverse
Nom di Sciple

http://useduniverse.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KORNdog Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:34 am

Got mine a couple days ago. Its a great figure in terms of build quality and QC (something i've found lacking in recent releases) but i ordered the white colourway with very little weathering and while i technically recieved that version by name, its certainly not white anymore. They've dirtied it up a ton and so its more an off shade of brown/grey than the stormtrooper white it was advertised as.

I've contacted CS to see if this is a mistake (it honestly looks like it has been weathered like the yellow and white variant) or if they just randomly changed their mind as to how it was painted? Even the underlying plastics and rubbers used Seem like they're more grey than white? Just feels like false advertising a little to me and i'm a little dissapointed

KORNdog
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by Chivo Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:44 am

You got any pictures to show KORNdog? Still waiting for mine...
Chivo
Chivo
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by KORNdog Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:17 am

I've been asked to take pictures by CS and i'll do that some time tomorrow so i'll post them here too. Maybe i just got unlucky with a heavy handed painter? Or they increased the brightness and contrast of the photos they took? but it looks nothing like the promotional images.

KORNdog
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by KORNdog Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:01 pm

Heres what the figure looks like in hand

https://imgur.com/a/BRySj

Heres what it looked like during sale

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/f9/2e/e9/f92ee93dcd3e13c4f863f3fac1cf27f4.png

I have the lost star warrior too (white and orangy yellow helmet) and that is clearly white, using white plastic. This looks more like 2 shades of dirty grey to me? Im just curious if it was an intentional design choice to make the white variant look more like arid patrol?

KORNdog
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by Skipper11x Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:53 pm

That's nothing like the sale pic. Still nice though but definitely not what you were expecting
Skipper11x
Skipper11x
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooly Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:37 am

I'll open my Rosebud either tomorrow or Saturday and will then chime in here on what I discover as far as contents. Weird if the grenades are missing,... the guy was fully geared up on display at US Venture during Comic Con. He had a crap ton of them.
I'm still mentally trying to make a sketch from Ash materialize in my box before I open it.

Also still blown away by how big and beefy these guys are. Heavy duty troopers for sure. If anyone has a DIY land then post up word here. That seems to be the only one missing from the landing party so far.
Wooly
Wooly
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by dtrain Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:58 am

I also picked up the Rangers and was hoping for that clean look, but knowing 3A I figured they'd end up as weathered dirty birds. Still cool with me, but if I was buying solely on that advert pic without any knowledge of how 3A does shit I'd be kinda pissed. DIY is the only guaranteed clean.
dtrain
dtrain
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by <{OjO}> Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:51 am

The grenades are there Wooly, it,s just the belts to hang them from that are missing and the second gun! Oh yeah, the sketch was missing from mine as well....haha!
<{OjO}>
<{OjO}>
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by KORNdog Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:36 am

Tbh, i think the pro's of the figure outweigh the paint application issues, but the figure being so good (no loose joints, no broken parts, nice and poseable, great design etc) somehow makes the way the paint has turned out more annoying. They were so close to nailing it! . If i knew this was how ranger was going to end up, i'd have probably just gone for the arid patrol colourway since its only marginally more dirty now anyway, or if i was told the only way to get a clean white look was the DIY, i'd have gone for that.

I just feel kind of mislead, and after so many releases where i have to request new hands or feet, or get figures with weak joints, or have to jump through hoops to get figures re-sent after being lost in transit, or no pose-ability in a figure at all (master chief) and figures like the joker costing insane amounts given what they actually are and the accessories they come with...i think its all just built up and this was the straw that broke the camels back. This is my last order with threeA. I have no more pre-orders. After several years, close to 100 purchases i think i'm done...i'll probably pick up the 1/12 judge fire if they ever get around to it just to finish the collection, and then i'm out.

KORNdog
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by Oneluckyboy Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:36 pm

DIY arrived today! Nice and clean. Eyes and "eyebrow" are black as well as the shotgun. It's nice how much the all white reveals. I hope to do a fresh trooper look on this but not really sure how it all comes a part. Any ideas on how the shoulder pads are removed?
Oneluckyboy
Oneluckyboy
BST Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by 3a_boltman Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:06 am

It would be cool if 3A had a DIY breakdown / dissasemble of figure for customizers to follow so they can repaint. Even if its a 3D Render visualization breakdown could be helpful.
3a_boltman
3a_boltman
Oyabun

http://oltmandesign@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 27 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 16 ... 27  Next