World of 3A Legion Outpost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tomorrow Kings General discussion

+47
ALogicalEnding
silvermoom
raphmeister
ArtWar
zendeluxe
x43x
3AFr
Artoo
LordPiper
geisT
Albino
Hacky
Joshimus
Matrix
koonfasa
Reks36
gcJAE
gundamben831
beeto bot
Mr3AGO
Chivo
KORNdog
illproxy
<{OjO}>
megazomb
ESeffinga
haaspodge
Skipper11x
Firehazzard
dtrain
3a_boltman
gregory
adzmax
UsedUniverse
wutasi
Hogarth
Oneluckyboy
Vaxillus
Cthulhu
counterfeit
gar
Plastic Robo
3A BOLTMAN
theparallax
deru_here
SpiderPig
dr37
51 posters

Page 5 of 27 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16 ... 27  Next

Go down

Tomorrow Kings General discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Tomorrow Kings General discussion

Post by Chivo Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:52 am

deru_here wrote:Hey guys, I've been having a problem with 1/6 tk Cornelius for some time now. His right hip has been failing (forward and back movement is loose but not side to side) and the connection from the bicep to the body. I've been trying the pledge floor shine trick but hasn't work much at all. Am I supposed to but more than 4 coats or should I contact cs?

Can you show us pictures of the area you are talking about? I have a Corney figure, but I'll have to seek him out later in my storage area. Just trying to figure out if he has a ball to ball socket leg connection or if it the old school type?
Chivo
Chivo
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Tomorrow Kings General discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Tomorrow Kings General discussion

Post by Oneluckyboy Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:58 am

Chivo wrote:Who says?  I mean aside from the blog which says, "Shipping in November".  It doesn't say, "Shipping Now".

Saw a pic on one on instagram or somewhere. It was the Rose Gold trooper.
Oneluckyboy
Oneluckyboy
BST Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by deru_here Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:04 pm

Tomorrow Kings General discussion - Page 5 Fullsi10

deru_here
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by ESeffinga Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:35 pm

Oneluckyboy wrote:
Chivo wrote:Who says? &nbsp;I mean aside from the blog which says, "Shipping in November". &nbsp;It doesn't say, "Shipping Now".

Saw a pic on one on instagram or somewhere. It was the Rose Gold trooper.

I got a shipping notice from CS last night, fwiw.
ESeffinga
ESeffinga
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by Chivo Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:05 pm

deru_here wrote:https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/19/60/49/24/fullsi10.jpg
Ah, yes.  I pulled out my Corny to see how mine was and get a better understanding of what you might be experiencing, deru.  I disrobed the figure completely, took off the head, feet and hands.  The left shoulder joint  on my figure was slightly loose to the point where if I shook the figure, at times the left arm would rotate slightly.  Anyway, with some experimenting, I was able to tighten up the shoulder joint.  And here is my procedure:   I took the arm off at the shoulder joint.  I did this by inserting a small (eye glasses) screw driver (at an angle through the neck hole at the chest cavity) into the screw that connects to the arm.  Use the screwdriver to hold the screw in place while you rotate the arm off of the screw.  Once you have the arm off, you can apply the floor finish to the peg on the arm as well as the hole in the shoulder where the peg inserts.  Apply your floor finish and use a blow dryer as well as a cooling fan to help the drying process.  Touch the areas to make sure they are completely dry and then you can put the pieces back together.  Your joint should be tight once the arm has been rotated completely onto the screw.  If it is not tight to your desire, you might consider using the superglue/baking powder concoction.  Do this at your own risk!

As far as the hip joints, mine were fine.  I could shake the figure without the legs moving.  But I went ahead and applied a couple of layers of floor finish to the ball and socket to see if it would improve the tightness.  And it did slightly became tighter yet still with what I would call a smooth ease of movement.  I think however if you're looking for something that is tighter you should use the superglue/baking powder concoction.  As with this procedure you can create thicker layers more easily.  But it is a procedure you should perform with care as if you make the joint too tight you'll have to either scrape off the cement completely if possible or sand down the area.
Chivo
Chivo
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by deru_here Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:22 pm

My god chivo, you are a life saver!!!! I already sent out a email to cs and was told to ship him out. I really didn't want to part ways with corny (even though it's just his body). Imma try those tricks out, then if all else fails, ship him out. You made this birthday boi happy, thank again!!!!!

deru_here
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Chivo Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:29 pm

Good luck!
Chivo
Chivo
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by Skipper11x Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:40 pm

Hey Chivo, how do you use the superglue & baking soda? I have a Heavy Bramble that can't stand at all, the only way I can display him now is like a gorilla, using his hands on the ground which does look cool but I'd like to have him fixed too if possible. So just a quick note on what mixture if you don't mind?
Skipper11x
Skipper11x
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by wutasi Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:12 am

Finally spotted a photo of the Suicide Rose Trooper with the cape on.

Tomorrow Kings General discussion - Page 5 Ecdo1fY
wutasi
wutasi
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by Chivo Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:06 am

Skipper11x wrote:Hey Chivo, how do you use the superglue & baking soda? I have a Heavy Bramble that can't stand at all, the only way I can display him now is like a gorilla, using his hands on the ground which does look cool but I'd like to have him fixed too if possible. So just a quick note on what mixture if you don't mind?
The superglue/baking powder mix (I've never used baking soda, but I just tried it on some wax paper and it seems to work similarly) is used exactly like the floor finish in that you are basically layering until you have the desired tightness within the joint.  Basically what I like to do is apply the superglue with the eye portion of a needle that is held in a pin vise.  This allows you to control the amount of glue you are applying.   I usually place about 3 drops of glue onto some wax paper and then dip my needle into the drops then apply to the desired area I'm working on. There is actually a video out there from where I learned this trick. Here it is:    
Anyway, you apply the glue then dust your baking powder over it and Voila! you've created a crust of plastic that will hopefully tighten up your joint. I've never tried it on a heavy bot so I can't say that it will work, but it's worth a shot especially if you're applying the glue in an inconspicuous area that no one 'cept the tinkerer will see.
Chivo
Chivo
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by Skipper11x Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:27 pm

Thanks a lot, I'll give it a try next time I have him down or am rearranging.
Skipper11x
Skipper11x
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooly Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:01 am

Showa Suicide Rose Commando landed in San Diego just now.
Will open this beast later.

Ordered a DIY as well but no sign of that one just yet.
Wooly
Wooly
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by Oneluckyboy Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:53 am

Wooly wrote:Showa Suicide Rose Commando landed in San Diego just now.

Ordered a DIY as well but no sign of that one just yet.

Ha..i got the exact same set. I still want a Black Sun..but could not pass up the clean white DIY. I might add some clean black and get that fresh trooper look.
You going to to anything to yours?
Oneluckyboy
Oneluckyboy
BST Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooly Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:43 am

Literally the exact same cloned intentions. Cool
Been wanting the all black 3A treatment shadow trooper ever since the first Lonely Star Warriors were first teased.
The DIY Showas look incredibly clean on their own,... but I'm thinking either a glossy black and gold elite guard custom colorway with some nods to my EMGY crew,...
Plan B would be a mix of matte black, glossy black and dark charcoal grey type custom combo. I want to get a couple sharp looking decals on but keep it minimal. Such a solid design. These dudes are BIG too!
Wooly
Wooly
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by UsedUniverse Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:44 am

Got my Arid Patrol Showa today and the mailer box was crushed. 2nd time this has happened. Mad
UsedUniverse
UsedUniverse
Nom di Sciple

http://useduniverse.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by deru_here Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:46 am

Sad

deru_here
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by dtrain Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:18 am

Wooly wrote:Showa Suicide Rose Commando landed in San Diego just now.

Let us know if you get 1/10 sketches Cool

Got my 2 Rangers today, still waiting on Rosebud
dtrain
dtrain
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by deru_here Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:28 am

Omg im excited to get the black sun commando (but i gotta wait a little longer cause bbts). Also just found out from instagram that the armor parts are like some rubber material. Can anyone confirm that???

deru_here
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by 3a_boltman Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:45 am

Wooly wrote:Literally the exact same cloned intentions. Cool
Been wanting the all black 3A treatment shadow trooper ever since the first Lonely Star Warriors were first teased.
The DIY Showas look incredibly clean on their own,... but I'm thinking either a glossy black and gold elite guard custom colorway with some nods to my EMGY crew,...
Plan B would be a mix of matte black, glossy black and dark charcoal grey type custom combo. I want to get a couple sharp looking decals on but keep it minimal. Such a solid design. These dudes are BIG too!

I passed on Black commando to land 2 of the DIY. I Agree mixing it up with values of grey and black might be killer. Gold could be cool to but also considering Military green with gun metal accents and possibly a completely war zoned weathered and shell fragged armor with heavy weathering and burn markings might look off the chart. So much research ahead and need to get into airbrushing. But the goal to make it is real.

Cant wait to see what you develop.
3a_boltman
3a_boltman
Oyabun

http://oltmandesign@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Oneluckyboy Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:26 am

UsedUniverse wrote:Got my Arid Patrol Showa today and the mailer box was crushed. 2nd time this has happened. Mad

I've noticed this becoming more of a pattern on the "medium" size boxes from 3A. I'm having more packages show up bent to heck a lot more often.
Oneluckyboy
Oneluckyboy
BST Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Oneluckyboy Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:09 am

Are the knee caps on these troopers supposed to rotate as well as move up and down?
Oneluckyboy
Oneluckyboy
BST Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by megazomb Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:42 am

Yes, as far as I can tell, the vertical movement is to assist in removing the thigh armor: pushed all the way down, and you can start sliding the thigh armor off - once the thigh armor is half way off it gets tight, whereby pushing the knee up then bending knee slightly, creates room for the rest of the armor to creep off.

(I had to re-install all leg armor on one of mine, as it came from the factory with calf armor on wrong legs and thigh armor backwards)
megazomb
megazomb
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by Oneluckyboy Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:16 am

megazomb wrote:Yes, as far as I can tell, the vertical movement is to assist in removing the thigh armor: pushed all the way down, and you can start sliding the thigh armor off - once the thigh armor is half way off it gets tight, whereby pushing the knee up then bending knee slightly, creates room for the rest of the armor to creep off.

(I had to re-install all leg armor on one of mine, as it came from the factory with calf armor on wrong legs and thigh armor backwards)

What about rotation? One of mine has some serious left/right rotation..and one not as much. Hopefully i can tell more once DIY arrives.
Oneluckyboy
Oneluckyboy
BST Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by megazomb Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:25 am

Yes, same here.  Rotation is also its other ability and is the norm, seemingly.
megazomb
megazomb
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by Oneluckyboy Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:37 am

Thanks megazomb..just checking to see if all the moving parts i have are supposed to move..lol.
Oneluckyboy
Oneluckyboy
BST Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 27 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16 ... 27  Next