World of 3A Legion Outpost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ULTRA TOMORROW TK Photo Contest

5 posters

Go down

ULTRA TOMORROW TK Photo Contest  Empty ULTRA TOMORROW TK Photo Contest

Post by gregory Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:15 am

ULTRA TOMORROW TK Photo Contest  Photo_10

ULTRA TOMORROW PHOTO CONTEST

For over a decade now, we have been awestruck by all the incredible photography taken by our international legion of fans showing off their love of Ashley Wood's Tomorrow Kings. All of this passion and support has brought so much life and vigor into the TK's that it has turned them into an absolute phenomenon!

We are proud to announce that we will be holding a Tomorrow Kings Exhibition, ULTRA TOMORROW, that will take place during the Shanghai Toy Show in April of 2019. To help celebrate we will be launching a Tomorrow Kings Photo Contest and displaying the selected works in the exhibition!

Finalists will each receive a special edition Tomorrow Kings figure! The top 3 entries will receive a special edition Tomorrow Kings figure with a hand drawn sketch by Ashley Wood that will be awarded to the winners by Ashley himself! All selected works will be exhibited in the show.

Here are the few simple rules for the contest:
1. Photos must contain at least one (1) original 3A Tomorrow Kings figure. (redesigned/repainted or customized Tomorrow Kings figures will not be accepted. Photos cannot contain figures from other toy companies.)
2. Please provide us with your works in JPG format, each file size is limited to 10MB.
3. Please submit your works to ultratomorrow@wo3a.com. Each participant can submit up to a maximum of 3 photos.

Entry Period: January 12th, 2019 to February 28th, 2019

Finalists and winners will be announced on March 15th, 2019

Admin

https://www.instagram.com/gregoryprout/

Back to top Go down

ULTRA TOMORROW TK Photo Contest  Empty Re: ULTRA TOMORROW TK Photo Contest

Post by Chivo Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:34 am

Just to clarify some details if possible, 'cause I know some folks need more info.  Here are some questions for now:

1. So basically the photo must contain an original TK unaltered, original to how 3A put it out, not even any slight mod nor different clothing or accessories, even if 3A made them, is that correct? So basically you want the photos to represent 3A and what 3A originally put out?  Can photos be digitally enhanced so long as the toys in the photos are represented as 3A put them out? Can we "zzzzz"ify an image?  In other words, for example, can I digitally enhance an image with smoke coming out of a TK's ears even though obviously, 3A didn't produce a TK figure that can produce smoke through its ears?

2. So can photos contain other original 3A figures even if they aren't from the same toyline/storyline?  

3. How small can the photos be within the 10MB limit that they'll be of use to you if they are chosen for the exhibition?

Last edited by Chivo on Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Chivo
Chivo
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by gregory Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:46 am

Yes, the figures must be unaltered, original to how 3A produced it. No customs, no mods, no other product from another company in the photos.

Use whatever tools or programs you want to enhance your photo.

Photos must contain at least one TK. As long as the other figures in the photo are not customs or mods or from another company, go for it.

Photos can be any size as long as it fits within the 10mb limit.

If a finalist's photo is not print-res, then staff will reach out later for a higher quality file for the exhibition display.

Admin

https://www.instagram.com/gregoryprout/

Back to top Go down

Post by Chivo Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:54 am

Ah, thanks for the answers, gregory.
Chivo
Chivo
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshimus Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:42 pm

I have an older pic I would love to submit but man I really need to find the original PSD file.

Joshimus
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by Abrader Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:43 pm

I feel like I’m so young in my photo game that I haven’t mastered any of my TK enough to be better than the stuff im seeing on Instagram.

Next year when I live in a bigger place I’m gonna build some 1/6 sets and scenes and up my photo game a lot. The inspiration of these characters is unreal. Tools to tell your own stories.

I like to do it all old school with real lights and smoke fx etc. no software.

Abrader
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by wang2nobody Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:11 am

Just selected my 3 photos and submitted. So will there be some kind of auto-reply to show us that the emails have been received by 3A?

Thanks!

Sent from Topic'it App

wang2nobody
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by wang2nobody Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:58 pm

wang2nobody wrote:Just selected my 3 photos and submitted. So will there be some kind of auto-reply to show us that the emails have been received by 3A?

Thanks!

Sent from Topic'it App

Never mind. Got the confirmation email already. Thanks!

Sent from Topic'it App

wang2nobody
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down