World of 3A Legion Outpost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3AA 2015 Discussion

+87
chiowhon
SQUID
Joshimus
BlackBellamy
koonfasa
noisebot
SpiderPig
Mouse9090
counterfeit
3a_boltman
venom666
Bassnoir
GrandpaStern
RestlessEye
dedguy
Kedao
Chanimation
ghostmouse
Crem
Chivo
Musahi13
Deus Machina
Dar Wolfram
Devours
Gloomy
Vaxillus
Crazypanda
Nothing
Matrix
Franksenstein
dragonklien
mereel
raveer
ineedmoretoys
zzzzz
Knightjar
ultimatefighter
straytoaster
Mr3AGO
theparallax
Argentix
expathos
UsedUniverse
jsalsa23
Arroneous422
Beeratt
Cthulhu
miracle bubbles
beeto bot
OCDC138
Sideglide
Noir
Oneluckyboy
turbs
YING
slowbrom
noveltycross
ennui
Wooly
IronChap
ozz
Rad Toy Review
zbrushman
geisT
wutasi
Mr. Rictus
Toolarmy
gimbat
Dolly
ESeffinga
666ways2love
gregory
Beaumont
Drip
BPP
fluppeco
Skipper11x
illproxy
mijho
Artoo
thumbtack82
Ce
pezbanana
Grish
spizzness
papamadoo
Albino
91 posters

Page 25 of 32 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 28 ... 32  Next

Go down

3AA 2015 Discussion - Page 25 Empty Re: 3AA 2015 Discussion

Post by gimbat Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:08 am

dedguy wrote:I feel like most of what I post is negative these days, which sucks. I apologize in advance for this and it's probably all been said before but I only could slog through enough of this thread to confirm some things. If you don't want to hear any negative criticism of ThreeA and this membership pack… STOP READING HERE.

------------------------------------

It really isn't okay to be including sex toys in a package unless you tell the person you're including it. It's a bad joke in poor taste that could have some real negative consequences for people getting these packages.

What if you got it at work, as I know many do with these sorts of things, and opened it? What if you open it around your kids? What if you open it around your parents? What if you opened it in any other situation where having a sex toy is not okay?

Hell there's places in the US were sex toys are technically illegal. I don't feel like looking this up but I wouldn't be surprised if there's whole countries that ban them and have not insignificant charges for being caught out.

In all likelihood none of that happened or if it did happen to anyone the consequences were minor. Doesn't make it okay though. I would have been pissed if I had actually signed up this year (I have been a member since the start and this was the first year I did not sign uo). Hell I'm obviously pissed and I didn't sign up.

Hey ded, haven't talked for a while and I hope all is well on your side.

Are you referring to JJ's stand as a sex toy?

There were no pics with the sale, but he was listed as "1 x JJ McGee Thingy on a Thingy Stand" in the description and this image was shown:

3AA 2015 Discussion - Page 25 3AA2015_9

Not here to argue and opinions differ, but to me it doesn't look like a sex toy.
gimbat
gimbat
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dedguy Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:29 am

I'm kinda shocked to hear anyone say it doesn't look like a sex toy. You show it to anyone and that will be their first impression. And furthermore knowing Ash's predilections there's no way I could believe that isn't the intent.

I don't have issue with it being such, I own the Lil'Shadow with the strap-on. I have an issue with it being shipped to people who are unaware of what they're getting.

dedguy
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by gimbat Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:53 am

dedguy wrote:I'm kinda shocked to hear anyone say it doesn't look like a sex toy. You show it to anyone and that will be their first impression. And furthermore knowing Ash's predilections there's no way I could believe that isn't the intent.

I don't have issue with it being such, I own the Lil'Shadow with the strap-on. I have an issue with it being shipped to people who are unaware of what they're getting.

I hear and respect your opinion ded, was just sharing mine as well and referring to pics and description, which was posted prior to 3AA 2015 sale.
gimbat
gimbat
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chivo Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:38 am

Just paint it the color of candy corn. Wink
Chivo
Chivo
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by 666ways2love Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:55 pm

I mean.....anything is a sex toy if you put your mind to it Cool
666ways2love
666ways2love
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by x43x Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:32 pm

My god think of the children. They could be scarred for life! Never mind the guns and war and violence, seeing a slightly phallic object could ruin them. Cover their eyes!
x43x
x43x
BST Mod

http://x43x.com

Back to top Go down

Post by IronChap Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:03 pm

oh noes dildoes! affraid
IronChap
IronChap
Tomorrow King

http://www.collectathingy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 666ways2love Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:32 pm

and (at least I'm not) ragging on you Ded. I'd say there are worse offenses. Someone on here said they put clothes on Lass because they found the sexuality offensive Rolling Eyes . Like Robbie pointed out, it's just interesting how society ranks sex higher on the "shield your eyes" scale than violence.

I do get what you're saying from an opening at work perspective. It would be pretty awkward to open that and have your co-workers be like, "ummmmm." But I'd just turn it back on them and give them the classic "get your mind out of the gutter". As far as opening it in front of kids. Well, if your kids see a cylindrical object with a rounded end and think DILDO!!!, I'd say you've lost that battle of "protecting" them already.
666ways2love
666ways2love
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Argentix Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:04 pm

Yeah, saying the JJ McGee 'stand' is anything but a dildo is pretty disillusion - especially for anyone that's familiar with Ash's reputation...
Argentix
Argentix
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by BPP Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:09 pm

But if your not familiar with his reputation then it's not.

Honestly have no idea what the kerfuffle is... Opening the box in these weird situations is ridiculous daily mail level of outrage.

You'd have to ask questions about any child who knew what a dildo was in the first place.....

If it's a dildo does that make JJ a fleshlight? A merkin?

And is its 1/8 scale how big would that dildo actually be? Eeks!

It's a stand, for a soft toy. If you see dildos with every tubular penis lengthed object I'm afraid that speaks only to you.

BPP
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by raveer Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:58 pm

x43x wrote:My god think of the children.  They could be scarred for life!  Never mind the guns and war and violence, seeing a slightly phallic object could ruin them.  Cover their eyes!

^ This! Where is like button when you need it?
raveer
raveer
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by zzzzz Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:11 pm

Now I understand why so many fans got so exited about this pink "battle" damaged bot...
3AA 2015 Discussion - Page 25 3a-mk3.5-brom-010-600x800
zzzzz
zzzzz
Oyabun

https://instagram.com/cinco_zeta

Back to top Go down

Post by IronChap Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:29 pm

I don't own that Bertie but I'm offended on behalf of people who might open it at work. How would they ever explain that to their colleagues? Never mind any children who's souls might die the second they lay eyes upon such filth... Appalling.
IronChap
IronChap
Tomorrow King

http://www.collectathingy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dedguy Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:53 pm

You all sure make a guy feel welcome. Yes that was me being facetious.

dedguy
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by RestlessEye Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:40 am

So there was a mix up with the 3AA packs?  I guess its about time I open mine and see if I got the right one Laughing
RestlessEye
RestlessEye
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by fluppeco Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:13 am

I love the cheeky sexualisation of the toys Ash makes, every non licensed line has some of that in it. Except for pretty much all pascha stuff, which has it so obviously and just cheapens that sex aspect of Ashes' art for me.
fluppeco
fluppeco
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by pezbanana Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:22 am

Yes it's a dildo no matter how many times Ash / 3A call it a Thingy Stand.

Yes, it might be offensive to some, and others might be offended more by the "joke" itself and the incongruency of including it in a WWR-themed set, than by it being a dildo.

Yes, we are all adult collectors familiar with Ash's kinky taste and absurd sense of humor, and we also tend to keep very well informed regarding 3A products and their arrivals, so it's unlikely this dildo was a "surprise" for people, except for the very first who received it and/or those who opened it without seeing the reviews first.

I do see how it may be awkward, embarrassing, or potentially "bad" for some people, but for us the general 3A audience, I think we weren't really surprised and I bet we know / knew how to handle any weird or unpleasant situation deriving from the dildo thingy's arrival.
pezbanana
pezbanana
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by Argentix Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:11 pm

fluppeco wrote:I love the cheeky sexualisation of the toys Ash makes, every non licensed line has some of that in it. Except for pretty much all pascha stuff, which has it so obviously and just cheapens that sex aspect of Ashes' art for me.

I like little subtle innuendos and sex references too, but I think you sum up my thoughts perfectly in your second sentence. The sex stuff in the WoIP line just feels really forced and unnatural. Putting big, phallic cannons on a vibrator-shaped robot and typing "UP-SIZE YOUR FUCKING WAR" in all-caps is funny because it echoes how many real-life war machines have a very intimidating, masculine feel about them; it's an almost satirical joke relatable to anyone even vaguely familiar with military tech.

But with the WoIP figures, the subject matter is already heavily sexualized by the vary nature of their designs - which is fine, but trying to make cute little one-liners and innuendos on top of all that just comes across as really dense; like a horny teenager pointing out to his friends that a hot model has breasts - everyone in the room already gets that, so the statement only serves to lessen the spectacle.

So yeah, I guess you could say I'm a little salty about Ash including the whole JJ McGee thing in the 3AA set when the effort could have gone into something more clever. I mean, I get that Ash doesn't want to be known as just 'the WWR guy', but compared to this Isobelle stuff I really don't think that title will be going away...
Argentix
Argentix
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by zzzzz Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:43 am

pezbanana wrote:I bet we know / knew how to handle any weird or unpleasant situation
...of opening a TOY package at the office. Very Happy
zzzzz
zzzzz
Oyabun

https://instagram.com/cinco_zeta

Back to top Go down

Post by fluppeco Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:34 am

Argentix wrote:
fluppeco wrote:I love the cheeky sexualisation of the toys Ash makes, every non licensed line has some of that in it. Except for pretty much all pascha stuff, which has it so obviously and just cheapens that sex aspect of Ashes' art for me.

I like little subtle innuendos and sex references too, but I think you sum up my thoughts perfectly in your second sentence. The sex stuff in the WoIP line just feels really forced and unnatural. Putting big, phallic cannons on a vibrator-shaped robot and typing "UP-SIZE YOUR FUCKING WAR" in all-caps is funny because it echoes how many real-life war machines have a very intimidating, masculine feel about them; it's an almost satirical joke relatable to anyone even vaguely familiar with military tech.

But with the WoIP figures, the subject matter is already heavily sexualized by the vary nature of their designs - which is fine, but trying to make cute little one-liners and innuendos on top of all that just comes across as really dense; like a horny teenager pointing out to his friends that a hot model has breasts - everyone in the room already gets that, so the statement only serves to lessen the spectacle.

So yeah, I guess you could say I'm a little salty about Ash including the whole JJ McGee thing in the 3AA set when the effort could have gone into something more clever. I mean, I get that Ash doesn't want to be known as just 'the WWR guy', but compared to this Isobelle stuff I really don't think that title will be going away...

exactly, thanks for expanding.
fluppeco
fluppeco
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by Argentix Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:07 pm

Also - more relevant, I guess I'm getting another 3AA shirt as a replacement even though the first one was correct? Sweet. Very Happy
Argentix
Argentix
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by Chivo Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:09 am

Gimbat and others who want to know, an update on the weird tracking that I received even though my order was correct.  Today I received a small package and in it was a another shirt, another membership card with my name, and another 3AGO TK head.  Thanks 3A for the freebies! cheers
Chivo
Chivo
Nom di Sciple

Back to top Go down

Post by pezbanana Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:00 pm

^ So basically to be safe 3A sent everyone a shirt, card (and for renewing 3AA, the TK head).

I wonder how much money is 3A "losing" with this damage control operation. Though of course, damage control might be seen as an investment. I'm putting myself a bit on their side this time, and i kinda feel for them. They could be using these funds to develop new stuff or increase QC, or even keep as profit Wink

I'm happy with my fortunately correct order but i won't mind a second shirt Razz

pezbanana
pezbanana
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by GrandpaStern Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:59 am

yeah, I got a freebie back too. Weird. Now if I could only my Snow Blast arm! Smile
GrandpaStern
GrandpaStern
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by papamadoo Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:51 am

I thnik they did the same thing 3 or 4 year ago abot a faulty figure and send back to everyone a new one even to the one without problem.
papamadoo
papamadoo
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 32 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 28 ... 32  Next