World of 3A Legion Outpost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TK HUNTER discussion

+57
gar
Argentix
dtrain
theparallax
Sideglide
abex44
Joshimus
<{OjO}>
BRiZL
Hogarth
EdGein
Tsuba
crucial1
Oneluckyboy
PiggyV01
Firehazzard
666ways2love
aconners1
Danz
ennui
Mr. Rictus
Vaxillus
Skipper11x
thumbtack82
UsedUniverse
Plastic Robo
Crem
koonfasa
Chivo
BlackBellamy
illproxy
3a_boltman
3Afan
chiowhon
papamadoo
Jubal285ive
Deus Machina
counterfeit
ESeffinga
zzzzz
gregory
les_trois_as
ianross
Knightjar
Wooly
Cthulhu
geisT
Mouse9090
gundamben831
Ce
wutasi
fluppeco
bubblegumking
Albino
bianco
grimrealities
gimbat
61 posters

Page 9 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next

Go down

TK HUNTER discussion  - Page 9 Empty Re: TK HUNTER discussion

Post by BRiZL Thu May 12, 2016 10:46 pm

gregory wrote:I see where the comparison is coming from, and I get the sticker shock, but it's really not a joke. Once something gets to be over a certain size in production costs go up an insane amount. Plus factors like edition size, materials, weight, shipping, tooling, sculpting, etc all go into the price. The current cost is actually lowered quite a bit from the original price set.

WBR bots are made entirely of vinyl which cuts down on costs a ton. Mars bots were priced purposely very low to entice new audiences to a new toy line. Titan uses some retooled molds from Mars so the costs can be kept similarly low. Tooling already exists for the Hemmingway so price doesn't go up much. Those toys costs less than some Hot Toys figures, you can't really compare them to something like this which is more complex.  

Titanfall use a mixture of materials, they're about 5" shorter, and it's a well known property. Titanfall are gonna sell 10x as many as a character from Popbot or WWR even with the higher price point on them. If you know you're gonna be able to sell a certain amount you can take an educated risk and price things lower.

The TK Hunter is closer to 25" and made entirely of ABS and the tooling for that is expensive. The larger the mold and the amounts of molds required increases development cost exponentially. The versions Ash has right now are already tooled, so it will help cut down on manufacturing time. They'll be pretty limited, but the deposit will help some of those on the fence and need more time. The goal on something like this is to sell enough to break even.
nice explanation Gre-gory. But how "limited" is Hunter? Will it be on pre-order for 24? I take it they will not be pre-made.
BRiZL
BRiZL
Yesterday Kid

http://brizl.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by chiowhon Thu May 12, 2016 11:10 pm

I really hope 3A do exceptionally well with the hunter such that they achieve a good profit.

This may see Ash having the confidence to introduce more colourways and even see price reduce as the mold is reuse. That will be a win win for both 3A n fans.

chiowhon
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by geisT Fri May 13, 2016 12:39 am

chiowhon wrote:I really hope 3A do exceptionally well with the hunter such that they achieve a good profit.

This may see Ash having the confidence to introduce more colourways and even see price reduce as the mold is reuse. That will be a win win for both 3A n fans.

Yeah, i`m a little worried that it goes the portable "pinky Berties" way, as these dropped only in Bromwich colorway and Ash mentioned later,
that the sales were not good, so Ash maybe thought there wasn`t a demand for this! Suspect

(of course most people waited for more classic coloways, as pink is targeting only a small part
of collectors)

Same with the new 1.5 "Beagle " Caesar from Battlechild Set, i had never seen this in the wild, so i guess, this set was not a healthy success...but i bet this
newer Caesar would sell great in big OG plus newer colorways drop! (like the Mighty Square sale)

And lets not forget the Civic and DD drops, cool figures, but most people wanted colorways that match there existing shelf squads!

So, i hope there will be at least one new colorway for Hunter (classic Popbot rusty orange would be killa,  affraid  maybe with a freaky cat drawing on the shoulder  drunken )  
, because all black is pretty special, and likely the sales does not indicates  the real demand, that is out there!

Especially with this pricetag, many people will make no compromise and jump only on colorways they REALLY love...liking is not enough this time... I love you
geisT
geisT
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by geisT Fri May 13, 2016 12:51 am

zzzzz wrote:TK HUNTER discussion  - Page 9 RustyTKhunter

The ball is on your side Mister Wood! tongue
Basketball

edit. Okay, just discovered that yellow Hunter already turned into orange Vali Embarassed ...and Vali comes pretty close to ZzZzZs rusty Hunter!

geisT
geisT
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by Argentix Fri May 13, 2016 9:58 am

Honestly, I think value-wise the TK Hunter and ThreeZero's MCOR Ogre are evenly matched. The TK Hunter is over 5 inches taller than Ogre, sculpt-wise Ogre is certainly more detailed, but in terms of paint detail and weathering both are equally detailed. Both include 6-inch figures, and while the Ogre has many small fabric pieces TK Hunter has one very large fabric element.

Even without the 3AA discount the price (don't forget the inclusion of free shipping on both!) makes sense. With the discount, it's more than reasonable - consider that you're paying an extra $50 for 5 more inches of an already massive figure! Very Happy
Argentix
Argentix
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by Sideglide Fri May 13, 2016 12:12 pm

Just a question, how does height factor in when the figures are made of several parts? You could do a freak assembly of a bouncer to be over 2 feet tall. Hunter has a big part of the body created by a ball joint connector (hip to chest, for example) much like Popbot.

Stuff like the MGS has big chunky pieces, isnt the hunter more skeletal like Popbot?

What am I missing?
Sideglide
Sideglide
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by gregory Fri May 13, 2016 12:38 pm

increases the amount of molds required

Admin

https://www.instagram.com/gregoryprout/

Back to top Go down

Post by Cthulhu Fri May 13, 2016 1:50 pm

Really like this figure not sure if I'll get one though. $200 nonrefundable, who knows what happens in a year+...
Cthulhu
Cthulhu
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaxillus Fri May 13, 2016 3:11 pm

It's actually really interesting to me that everyone seems to want Vali. I was under the impression that the Death Masks were selling like hotcakes (I would have jumped in too if they'd sported just a bit more color). It's not like the forum is a very large sample size though.

I'm wondering how this one does during sale. The Death Masks seem great for pulling in newcomers since they check that universally cool box for having skulls. The TK Hunter is massive and expensive though, and only appeals to people who are really into the hobby or have buckets of money to just throw around. I hope it does well either way, but I get the sense we'll see only the two colorways shown, maybe a 3rd later on if sales do really well. I think 3A knows it's a gamble of a figure.
Vaxillus
Vaxillus
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by papamadoo Fri May 13, 2016 10:58 pm

Vaxillus wrote:It's actually really interesting to me that everyone seems to want Vali.  I was under the impression that the Death Masks were selling like hotcakes (I would have jumped in too if they'd sported just a bit more color).  It's not like the forum is a very large sample size though.

I'm wondering how this one does during sale.  The Death Masks seem great for pulling in newcomers since they check that universally cool box for having skulls.  The TK Hunter is massive and expensive though, and only appeals to people who are really into the hobby or have buckets of money to just throw around.  I hope it does well either way, but I get the sense we'll see only the two colorways shown, maybe a 3rd later on if sales do really well.  I think 3A knows it's a gamble of a figure.

They are selling like hotcake, as with other tk figure, Death mask had a history of exclusiveness. 3 of them had been chase or ltd. that helped is wanted statue.

TK in general, move things alot. Death are the new interlopper kind of figure and all black figure at the same time.

for me I part on DM because of Archer and Shogun,(still think the shogun look the best DM, is grayish brown kind of shade, I didnt had 12'' TK and DM seem to go the back with old figure shogun, classic etc. and for somoene like me it was a opening to jump in.
papamadoo
papamadoo
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by Sideglide Fri May 13, 2016 11:02 pm

gregory wrote:increases the amount of molds required

Thanks for clearing it up, appreciate the background info.
Sideglide
Sideglide
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by chiowhon Sat May 14, 2016 12:01 am

I agree with papamadoo, by the time i know about threea, all the OG TK had hit exhorbitant prices and so when Ash came out with the DM series, i too jump onto the wagon. Great that i manage so far to obtain most of the DM except for the chase tomorrow or nothing DM figure. Therefore i really look forward to the DM TK hunte and any TK hunter that will be cmg out

chiowhon
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by Argentix Sat May 14, 2016 10:22 am

Cthulhu wrote:Really like this figure not sure if I'll get one though. $200 nonrefundable, who knows what happens in a year+...

I think your deposit will be perfectly safe. ThreeA would never dick over their customers - and the past has shown that any time they ask for buyers to take a leap of faith (the "sketch sales for example) the reward is always more than satisfactory.

Of course, you may want to save up that extra $388 final deposit as soon as possible in case something does happen to your financial situation along the way...
Argentix
Argentix
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaxillus Sat May 14, 2016 4:28 pm

papamadoo wrote:for me I part on DM because of Archer and Shogun,(still think the shogun look the best DM, is grayish brown kind of shade,  I didnt had 12'' TK and DM seem to go the back with old figure shogun, classic etc. and for somoene like me it was a opening to jump in.
The Shogun is super cool. One of may favorite TK designs but I don't own one yet. The colors and dual shoulder armor really sold that one.
Vaxillus
Vaxillus
Yesterday Kid

Back to top Go down

Post by thumbtack82 Mon May 16, 2016 3:48 am

So I have decided that I'll probably be ordering the DM Hack Hunter after all. Spent some time yesterday comparing photos of the two versions. I wish there were more pics of the hunters without the tarp/poncho thing. The only good photo I can find of Vali without his shawl is the early photos with the super bright paint scheme. I now think there's too much white on Vali's torso... also not keen on the white guts/wires. Getting the discount and not having to go retail is the clincher for me. Still not really feeling the shoulder armor painted skull, but I can deal with it. So unless there's a 3AA colourway offered on Bamba, my mind has been made up.
thumbtack82
thumbtack82
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by theparallax Wed May 18, 2016 2:54 am

So it comes $650 CAD after the discount.
It's a lot but with the $200 deposit and the chance of it not coming out for another 4-6 months gives lots of room to save the rest up.
I may have to consider it!

Just hope the Vali is offered here in the end.

theparallax
Kitty Litter

Back to top Go down

Post by 3a_boltman Wed May 18, 2016 5:25 am

My guess is they would offer both on Bambaland considering Money is money and they will take any order the can get. Maybe Deathmask is the 3AA member version for bambaland and Vali will be up for regular purchase. Think about Archer TK sale. During that time, death mask archer was the 3AA member option and the regular Red archer was up on bamba for all to order. This would be my guess you get that 3AA discount on either Hunter they toss both up on bambaland.
3a_boltman
3a_boltman
Oyabun

http://oltmandesign@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Argentix Wed May 18, 2016 7:10 am

Obligatory GID secret drop anyone? Wink
Argentix
Argentix
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by gundamben831 Wed May 18, 2016 7:32 am

Argentix wrote:Obligatory GID secret drop anyone? Wink
After seeing the nightmare in the WBR thread I wouldn't want a GID version as cool as the thought of it is, realistically the GID material is always so brittle in a few figures I've owned and figures I've read about and seen have issues.
gundamben831
gundamben831
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by koonfasa Wed May 18, 2016 9:54 am

Yeah, my GitD zomb nurse lost her other ankle.
And I picked the Bomb mighty square over Bromwich, which has put a downer on any GitD releases as I think I'd much much rather have had the Bromwich Mighty (nothing wrong with the bomb though, but now my Brom squad is incomplete enough to not have me care about other Brom releases too much if I miss them - that is a good thing though, lol). Same with the Nom, but not missing that as much as I did the mighty Brom - mind you the std Nom had some nice colours if I recall correctly. Hate having to decide on surprise drops, always something to let go, especially last minute purchases of big ticket items. Bigger regrets for those when they come. Best of all though was the GitD Rothchild. He was a massive upgrade from the red Caesar Rothchild.

TK HUNTER discussion  - Page 9 Puddingberts

Was tempted into the AK ones too. Originally wanted to use the AK klub release as a break, but instead, after Golden Dolphin and then Gangster in an afterthought I then went for the GitD zombs & MD/nurse (so almost getting the entire klub without Ms freebie). So after all that have been a bit reluctant with GitD anything. Love the two GitD feet, but think the painted ones are way cooler. All I really wanted was a small GitD squad, which I have now, actually two, a bot one and a zomb one!
TK HUNTER discussion  - Page 9 IMG_3030_zpsdbyesei2
There was at one point a few glow toys and it was easy and made people want them all, but after indulging way too fast, not too worried about glow anymore.
koonfasa
koonfasa
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by thumbtack82 Wed May 18, 2016 12:45 pm

New photos of Vali up on Ash's instagram:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BFiP1ZTzOxO/?taken-by=ashleywoodart&hl=en

Damn, that looks great! Now I'm back to being unsure of which version to try and get. No
Oh well, I guess there's no point stressing out about it until it's time to actually put some money down.
thumbtack82
thumbtack82
Tomorrow King

Back to top Go down

Post by geisT Wed May 18, 2016 2:35 pm

Ash just confirmed on insta that Vali will also crush Bamba!!!
https://www.instagram.com/p/BFiau7DTO_p/?taken-by=ashleywoodart
geisT
geisT
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by gimbat Wed May 18, 2016 4:22 pm

Member of Vali fan club here as well, but love DM Hack too

Damn!
gimbat
gimbat
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 18, 2016 6:26 pm

I want that Vali bounce bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by geisT Wed May 18, 2016 6:27 pm

gimbat wrote:Member of Vali fan club here as well, but love DM Hack too

Damn!

Simple solution = get both! cheers
(maybe will 3A offers a slightly ((aka 20-40$?)) discounted Hunter 2-pack bundle for the undecided? )

I`m more team Vali, but Hack would also look cool with my dark 1:6 WWR gang Cool ...too "bad" i just won an uncredible auction
and got the Hot Toys quarter scale Boba Fett (paint by Lok lol! ) for a little more than half affraid the retail price... king

Will see, if can get Vali or Hack when they attack Bamba, if not, retail Vali for sure!

These are just instant iconic figures and with AA, a no brainer for sure!

geisT
geisT
Oyabun

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next