World of 3A Legion Outpost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

June - 2010

Go down

June - 2010  Empty June - 2010

Post by gimbat Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:22 am

June 2010

Here comes June and 3A Gathering in Beijing is only 24 days away (lots of new info is coming in next few days). To be honest, I think that June is going to be the most exciting month of 2010 for 3A community, toping January where we saw Tommy Mission release, surprises and 3AA sign-up. If you are going to 3A Gathering in Beijing, check out [url=http://this thread]this thread[/url] and entire 3A events section. If you can't make it to Beijing, don't worry, lots of our boardies are going there and will do their best (me included) to bring you latest news and photos of the exclusives. Speaking about the exclusives, there will be a chance to buy Beijing Badbot and Adventure Kartel 4pack (photos of both are bellow) at 22nd of June 9-00 AM Hong-Kong time, quantity is very very limited, but it's a good opportunity to buy something very exclusive, without spending thousands of dollars on tickets to Beijing and hotel.

Beijing Badbot

June - 2010  Bbez.th

Adventure Kartel 4pack (early photo, 4rth character is missing)

June - 2010  54469249.th

Confirmed exclusives for Beijing, and I'm not mentioning other stuff as I don't want to spoil the fun:

Beijing Badbot
Hatchery TK
Adventure Kartel 4pack
Pink TQ
Hatchery LM (1/6th scale)
1:1 Square

and 1:1 Large Martin on display

Couple of photos:

June - 2010  Lmgun.thJune - 2010  Squaresmarch.thJune - 2010  Today1.thJune - 2010  Tkhsh.thJune - 2010  Pinkslappertq.th

What else going to be released in June? There is a good chance that "Chunky bits" and "ENTREAT" magazine will be released in June

June - 2010  Entreatcover.thJune - 2010  Cbpk.th

Plus let's not forget about 3A two years anniversary release - Bambaboss, it's rescheduled to 21st of June 9-00 AM Hong-Kong time, to get a better chance for people who are traveling to Beijing:

June - 2010  Mab2low.th
Here is Ashley about Bambaboss release:
"that bambaboss is limited, not a release etc.. june is a lite month due to beijing etc." , so unlike previous year anniversary DIY Bambaboss, it's not an open release, so don't sit on the fence if you want one.

What is shipping out? Currently we know that almost all Adventure Kartel Tommy Mission figs (all packs and variants, except retail exclusive - Blood Nails) and WWR EMGY Dropcloths left Hong-Kong and are on it's way to lucky owners!

June - 2010  Emgydc2.thJune - 2010  Shipj.thJune - 2010  Ship4m.thJune - 2010  Ship3.th

In the end, let's quickly give some time to Popbot sale, which just happened. What was on sale?

Singles:

June - 2010  Badbot431.thJune - 2010  Badbot42.th

Popbot standard ( classic pop etc ): 150usd
Badbot standard ( black one eye etc ): 150usd
both include random colorway cuntish cat

3AA 2PACK:

June - 2010  Orangy.thJune - 2010  Poppoya.thJune - 2010  Showa.thJune - 2010  3aapack.th

Day one Pop and Shōwa TK : 220usd <- comes with a random colorway cuntish kitty

The UNDERVERSE 3PACK:

June - 2010  Asck.thJune - 2010  Popwhite391.th

Popbot standard
Badbot standard
(Popbot and Badbot are exactly similar to the ones, which are sold as singles)
AND
The ASCENDED Popbot (whitish etc)
comes with 3 kitty colorways
ANNNNNDD DIY Kitty for 360usd

Surprise of the night, an army of 10 kitties

June - 2010  Kitty2z.th

And please pay some attention to this:
Our moderator Sir Dirty Girty rewritten and updated my early version of 3A Frequently asked questions, check them out, there is a lots of answers and valuable info. Everybody knows how helpful our community is and that people here are always ready to answer on any type of 3A question, even if it was asked, like a thousand times before. But now please try to read FAQs first, if you would fail to find an answer on your question, then just shoot your question on the appropriate section of the board, we mods and all the 3A boardies will try our best to answer on your questions.

As you probably saw there is a new updates section on our board, where we will be writing about new releases and shipping dates of 3A products, shipping thread is going to be constantly updated with the newest data.

I hope you will not only have a great time here and fall in love with 3A spirit and collectibles, but find lots of friends and alike thinking people, with whom you can share everything.

Over last month people contacted me about giving direct url to Ashley's quotes, as very often it's hard to understand the quote, even with my explanation. And you know what? Not everybody understand that quotes in blue color are direct links, to Ashley's quotes. So just heads up, if you see a quote in blue, it's a hyperlink and leads to a place where discussion happened and you are one click away from an opportunity to check everything by yourself, without using search option. I will try to maximize amount of hyperlinks, to give you a better opportunity for following the discussions at 3A board.

P.S.
I see that each month my introduction to the new month and summarize grows bigger and bigger, do you want those as detailed as possible or you want me to be brief? Your feedback would be very appreciated.

Repeat of the last day of May news and updates

An update from Nikejerk, about legionnaire t-shirts, click here to read it.

Ashley talking with SDG and gar about "Chunky bits":
"i didnt mention IDW sam, where you getting yor info at..."
"ahh the dutch coalition huh, trying some hardball eh"

Congratulating one of our boardies on his wedding:
"congratulations on the upcoming wedding, awesome !!"

Repeat of the last day of May news and updates part two

New and very exciting thread appeared on our board, called: BEIJING EXCLUSIVES, here is what Ashley wrote in it, which will without a doubt makes your heart pumping:
"We will be putting a limited supply of Beijing two eye Badbots and Adventure Kartel four figure sets on bambaland at 9-00am 22nd june.
These are limited, really limited, no emo if you miss out, even im only allowed one set and its my company!!!
These sets have been made for the Gathering show, even beijing visitors have a very slight chance of scoring what they want there, so feel for them !
But we want everyone else to have at least a crack at them."

So like always Ashley shows love for his fans and gives an equal opportunity to everyone, who isn't going to Beijing, to grab two eye Badbot and Adventure Kartel four figure set, be fast and be at Bambaland at time, like Ashley said, supply if VERY limited, but you know precise time of sale and have lots of time for training.

Ashley talks more about Beijing exclusives:
"hatchery large martin is there, 1/6th
Hatchery TK with head
Adventure kartel 4 pack
pink tq
and so on"

And info about Adventure Kartel Little Shadow shipping is added to Shipping next thread.

Adventure Kartel 4pack, we saw earlier this year:

June - 2010  54469249.th

And guys, I know it's hard, but please if you are going to 3A Gathering in Beijing, don't be greedy and let other people try their luck on 22nd of June, we all legionnaires and we must respect and love each other, as we are ONE!

31.05-01.06

Ashley about Beijing 4pack limited release and how to not behave during it:
"emo is fine
being a dick, insulting others, trashing 3A, slamming mods will be harshly dealt with. but yea, missionary Zomb.. he pretty cool"
"I think the 4 packs will go in under 5 seconds... less.
same with badbot, trick is, do you wait to add badbot or 4 pack to cart and maybe miss out ?
tricky situation"

Commenting chances to get Adventure Kartel 4pack in Beijing:
"better in beijing.."

About Tommy Mission and that we will start getting our Tommy any day now:
"hopefully today, some peeps wil post their tommys... i just got mine.. fucking cool fig !"
"way better than the proto"
"and yea, I wait as well, I see many proto's but only get the figs when you guys do, and trust me, there isnt anyone more emo, I ask every day, push, I want them more than anyone !"

"nah, you guys should be first, plus an iphone nasty isnt that cool"
"really cool, im doing this for that feeling, if I dont feel it, there will be shit to pay"
"you know, I thought we had sold a lot of tommies during the sale, but now counting the sold ones, it doesnt even count for half of 3AA.."
"tracky rocks too.."

"damn right, fucking filthy figs, awesome, grime and vinyl."

EMGY Dropcloth is shipping out as well:
"just got my EMGY dropcloths too, fucking great, the shield and baton rock, nice to see the square again getting out there. Some one once said they didnt get the square to me....madness"

About 3AA TQ Reimi:
"I already said, its a red latex suit, like the black one, like the illo alludes too..."

Repeat of the last days of May news part three

Posting about Beijing exclusive Zombot Ankou, which is going to be really different and new:
"i think im gonna go blind box for this guy
there will also be a set, just like the TK !"
"this fig is super fun, goofy, cool, lots of character.. love the bastard, neither good nor bad."

"speculate away, but I have no interest in shackles , really."
"not my loverly zombs !"
"i already said it was a bot.
he is very cool, he has made an appearance on an obscure design already somewhere..."
And another confirmation that Ankou, comes with a new head:
"not a zombot. new head"

Answering whether there will be his prints in Beijing:
"i was going to , but time got away from me, the time to print, send, frame just makes it impossible."

A couple of more facts about Ankou:
"lost your cash darth. there no robots in the AK world like that."
"he is actually a basic fig, an 80 bucker.. BUT FUCK OFF CLASSIC, you can really have fun, with a very simple function on him"

Latest entry from Ashley's blog (showing invitations to Beijing?):
Gathering Month

June - 2010  Img7356u.th

Well its June, 24 days till the opening of the 3A Gathering art exhibition in Beijing, Myself, Phil Hale, Jeremy Geddes, Dorophy Tang, Rufus Dayglo and Kenny Wong will all be showing artwork and whatnot. I do hope that some of you guys make it, and say hello! Lots more info in the following days !

Talking about 3A and surprises...Ankou goes on sale on July 2nd, 9-00 AM Hong-Kong time! You can checkout 3A blog to see countdown timer.

June - 2010  Ankou.th

Ashley about Ankou:
"he is a fun, cool, simple fig, there is an art to that, I think. he isnt gonna win awards, but he is like the zomb, fun, and has many moods.. no he wont sell like the TQ, but I dont care !"

Posting in his art thread:
"thay are crackers eric, I only keep the besty best"

If you are traveling to Beijing and can't buy Ankou here is an option, plus good news about chases, as chases are always fun:
"if you want ankou and will be visiting beijing, you have the option of telling us before the sale. easy
there will be three ankou variations and some chase versions."

Ashley gives more information about Ankou sale, so there will be on sale 3pack and blinds, chases will be possible in blind boxes only. And Ankou will not be offered in Beijing:
"no, or I would have said so"
"no problem
and yes, single ankou blind, and a special limited 3pack, very similar to the original TK sale"
"3pack is the 3 main colorways, chase will just in blindbox"

A bit more info about Ankou:
"you dont have a choice regarding chases in blind , dont buy the blind box, no colorway is promised when buying blind."
"nope, nothing to add til I show pictures..."

previous news for this date are above

Tommy Mission pics (including Darklands and Atrocity exhibition set) from our boardies: taazzy, chinesechicken and ikkoku, thank you guys for posting them! More Tommy Mission photos can be found here:

June - 2010  Taazzy3.thJune - 2010  Taazy2.thJune - 2010  Taazy.thJune - 2010  Ikkoku.thJune - 2010  Dscn7519r.thJune - 2010  Chinesechicken.thJune - 2010  Dscn7521.th

Ashley about exclusive sales dates, during 3A Gathering in Beijing:
"exclusive selling dates
first day, 25th , TK and Large Martin
second day ,26th ,Adventure Sat. Badbot
third day ,27th TQ , deplume
Random selling for other... stuff"

Ashley about Tommy Mission and his thoughts about making a band and confirms that Hand of Fate which comes with Tommy Mission is GID (glows in the dark):
"i really like the AE set, its more sublime, its more art, its stoopid, its creepy, its how tommy would look.
the POG shirt was a band i wanted to do once, ambient occult shoegazer band. I still might"
"I really dig how the tommy turned out across all sets and figs.. fun to play with and pose, thats a cool toy.. !"

"AOS for the cool"
"dtrain, me too" - about how his band might sound like
"which is cool pivenho, but this thread isnt for self affirming notions, its a tommy thread.
unless you secretly want a set and keep using a public forum to bolster your convictions of denial, which is slowly falling like one's own resolve when confronted by illicit pleasures of the flesh !
just saying"
"i want to make loverly noise !"

"your blind" - about Tracky Tommy pics, that they were already uploaded to Tommy Mission photo thread
"ill confirm it , GID !" - about a Hand of Fate which comes with Tommy Mission

As we know, there are a lot of different t-shirts on Tommy (seven at least), once there will be more photos from you guys, we can make a thread and summarize all the designs, so please keep the photos coming! Don't forget about Tommy Mission photo thread!

Ashley talking about Tommy and showing crazy good photo of Atrocity Exhibition set and sharing details about Tommy and how he created him:

June - 2010  Atrocityexhibition.th

"im glad they are out, I did the design last july, the head sculpt took forever to finalize, the hair, nose, eyes , I must have messed with a 1000 times.. Im happy,never figured I would design such things... cool"
"I really like the Ae set, the black fingernails on the tommy zomb are rocking. they make a great couple! Now known as the GENTRY set"

Ashley about Atrocity set colors (as long time ago, it was described as blue):
"there all kinda different, some are more blue, some are more weathered, its blue, just de-saturated, thats straight from a retail box, no proto or photoshop"
"not bad for 60 second phot, but the toys make it easy !"

Ashley talks more about Tommy, his band dreams and shows beautiful photo of Darklands set:

June - 2010  Korm.th

"they would make an awesome euro electronica act duo, called.. mmm IBAN
shots stuck in boxes always look shit, dodgy flash photography is always crap, take no dodgy !"
"its a bomb, not bullet, but it can anything you like a dildo with wings if need be..
winged dildo,, another band ill claim ! © ashley wood 2010"
"another of my daydream bands !
glad your digging the tee's BBICN has a funny one.. fish, hand, not even close"

Ashley comments on a Tommy's t-shirt list, one of our boardies is making and is happy about Tommy reaching and liked by people:
"samdwich, you list is wrong"
"cheers,a good day!"

Ashley's EMGY 1:1 Square and yes he can hold your weight! More Squares will be shown in Beijing at 3A Gathering.

June - 2010  11emgy1r.th

"you bet Greg, fuck on that muthafucker." answering on gregory's questions, whether 1:1 Square can hold people's weight
"thats mine actually"
"no because I wanted it, my company and all. there is another one.
a fuck load of work in these. 5k each now.
joke"

"actually none are technically for sale anymore, damage, time, makes them all gone. for now. If we can make more in time cool, but as of now. zip" - so no more 1:1 Squares for now

3A ENTREAT Magazine will be free to first visitors of 3A Gathering in Beijing:

June - 2010  Entreat.th

"free to the first visitors in beijing"

Our board reached 1500 registered members, another milestone for us. Here is Ashley welcoming 1500th member to our board:
"cant be believe we have 1500 members
Cool, welcome aboard !"

Confirming that WWR EMGY Dropcloth has two shotguns, in fact EMGY has a shitload of accessories: riot shield, baton, two shotguns, pistol and Peaceday Square to keep him company:
"it has two."

3AA package is shipping next week! So soon all 3AA members will see first 1/12th scale Nom de Plume in their hands.
"cool...
this shit ships next, so next week we are 3AA"

WWR EMGY Dropcloth and Peaceday Square photos by our boardies: nojo, taazzy and jacklovestoys, thank you guys for making photos for us! More photos at Dropcloth photo thread

June - 2010  Taazzyemgy.thJune - 2010  Taazzy2emgy.thJune - 2010  Nojoemgy2.thJune - 2010  Nojoemgy.thJune - 2010  Jacklovestoys3.thJune - 2010  Jacklovestoys1.thJune - 2010  Jacklovestoys.th

Guys, if you haven't paid for the Legionnaires t-shirt Nikejerk is making, it's time to pay for it. He needs money to order everything..here is a direct link to his comment, please check whether your name is on the unpaid list.

3A board is known that there is always a place to show what you capable of you can always count on support and constructive criticism. Please check out May sketch thread (month theme: Lifedrawing) for cool entries, as it's now closed for reviewing and if you feel that you want to participate: June sketch thread (month theme: movies) is opened for you and waiting for your entries.

May photo thread is under review and June photo thread is waiting for your photos of 3A toys!

Guys if you are going to Beijing and want to bring some legionnaires t-shirts to non-US members, who are going to Beijing, please click here to read Nikejerk's comment.

Guys, as you know 3AA packages are shipping out and soon will reach all of you. If you 3AA member and going to 3A Gathering at Beijing, please by all means, take your 2010 3AA card with you, I'll explain later on why you need it.

Ashley participating in Metal Gear Solid Omnibus discussion:
"bummer is it small ass size ? not even comic size ?"
"i want to make books bigger, not smaller. there is a mentality that book shave to be more mobile to compete with digital stuff, bullocks, make em bigger I say, do what digital stuff cant do, a tactile experience , I want my book in omnimax !"

Posting in Beijing planning thread about one more member who can't make it and that our 3A board member Nikejerk is going to make legionnaire t-shirts for Ashley, Kim and whole 3A Hong-Kong staff!
"yes that is.. bummer"
"awesome NJ, didnt expect that !"

As we know, earlier it was mentioned that next Hong-Kong show will happen in April 2011, but things change..so no Hong-Kong show next year:
"next year HK show ?"
"yea, no HK in april."

But USA boardies, can be happy about 3A USA show..and I'm thinking how to get visa and where to crash for the night, hehe.

It's not 3A news, but Ashley rarely asks about things, perhaps somebody can help with a good advice, here he asks about HTC EVO 4 phone:
"Does anyone know if they can buy these without contract ?
"i think they only ship to us, thanks dtrain"

Ashley posting in Tommy Mission photo thread:
"he is fun. i just finished a short story with him called, GOODBYE MR CHIPS, YOUR DEAD! most fun making comics I have had !"

Another kick ass stop animation by our board member Nael, featuring AK: Tommy Mission and Boiler Zomb:

June - 2010  Nael.th

http://vimeo.com/12310288 <- click the link to see the video. Click here to discuss it at our board and say thanks to Nael.

Ashley posting in "Fuck It" thread:
"ididnt know amazon sold saddle stitched stuff anyway, I thought it had to have a spine etc.."

Giving some info about how hard it would be to buy Beijing Adventure Kartel 4pack or Beijing Badbot at 22nd of June, 9-00 AM Hong-Kong time. FYI Red Zombot reference = first Zombot, which is most limited not only AK line, but 3A figure, with only 10 made.
"same as it always is Honk Kong time.
I think you have more luck getting a standard tommy, this set is rarer than any other set or single regardless whether you go to beijing or not, except the mighty RED ZOMBOT !"

Correcting number of Atrocity Exhibition sets:
"more than 40, never trust gar.
though not many by any stretch !, but not 40 either.."

Answering whether AK Tommy Mission sets: Darklands and Atrocity Exhibition come with different comic (each AK figure comes with a comic/poster)
"same poster and comic."

Giving advices about money, visa and etc in Beijing planning thread. And FYI that's not possible to go home and pay for Ashley's art afterwards, only payment at the show:
"if you got every toy, i dont think it would be a thousand? im not sure but its not that much. and you still have to get them all..
art, thats different, any art you see on websites is old, and doesnt reflect my art now, way different in execution and format. these sellers do not represent me, nor dictate my prices.
just saying..
50 dollars or 50k, you will see stuff you will never forget, from a cool city, to cool art, people, etc"

"dont put threeA, we are not inviting you persee and cannot provide correct paperwork ! you dont have a visa yet samir. tsk tsk
and Lincoln, no more payment after the fact, too much trouble and people changing mind, and back again. you want any art, you pay there.
we might, and I mean might be able to accept credit cards too. have to see"
"fingers crossed for ya.
regardless it will be fun, and the experience priceless !"
"yea use banks, all the major banks are there, or have affiliates."
"put hotel for contact, and name of it etc.. thats what I did"

Regretting that information about the band playing at the opening of Gathering at Beijing was disclosed:
"no one can ever stay quiet, seems the nature of things... bummer
oh well it will rock"

Adventure Kartel lovers, there might be another set feat. Tommy for us in future!
"it seems like everybody missed out on the sets.. maybe ill do another one...
the Unknown Pleasures set..."

"um yea, we are, we will make and sell when ready."
"nahh this set will be really dark, DARK DARK DARK, NINJA TOMMY AND ZOMB
this post Atrocityset, when he escapes, and takes a zomb with him."

Ashley joking about opening each and every WWRp de Plume:
"i have decided to open everyones deplume slightly.. so you dont have to worry about opening or not."
"it was a joke, ill leave that to you guys, thats the fun !
not long now ~"

There was an awesome bag for toys at HKV in November 2009, this year there will be a new bag, here is latest entry from threeA production blog:
Beijing Tote bag

June - 2010  Big2yy.thJune - 2010  Big1i.th

Some say the greatest thing at Venture Hk was the tote, they might like the Beijing tote then !

Answering whether Boiler Zomb and Tommy Mission comics (from their boxes) will be reprinted in upcoming Adventure Kartel book:
"nope, I wouldnt think so, different format"

This goes to all Tomorrow Kings admirers, there will be 1/12th scale TKs!
"7bones is 1/6th
its a way off, we just dont have the time and resources required at present.
yes we are making 1/12th tks, gotta use that 1/12th body."
gimbat
gimbat
Admin

Back to top Go down

June - 2010  Empty Re: June - 2010

Post by gimbat Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:23 am

previous news for this date are above

About new Unknown pleasures set (feat Tommy and Zomb)
"um not soo literal for ninja chaps.."

Confirming that art will be at display until Beijing show ends and only then send to the buyers:
"nothing is sent out till after the show.. which is one week long."

Guys, if you are going to Beijing and visiting 3A Gathering, here is a very valuable info for ya, especially if you like signed books as much as I do.
There will be a book signing of two books, one by Ashley "Chunky Bits" and one by Phil Hale "Urge", both will be presented to audience for a first time. If you want your book signed, here is a time:
Saturday (26th of June): 1pm - 3pm
Sunday (27th of June): 1pm - 3pm
signing will take place at 3A Gathering

3A Gathering at Beijing countdown timer is added to www.threeaonline.com/blog , now we know about 3A Gathering opening time: 19-00 Hong-Kong time!
Ashley about painting (featured at countdown timer)
"that painting graces the TK and severed head packaging."

Classic blurry photo of WWR Heavy Bramble MK 2.5, his gun is ENORMOUS!

June - 2010  Blurrr2.th

Ashley commenting about him:
"he is rocking, pretty soon for this guy, handles the RPG fine. the arms are great, head is great too.. he is good fun."
"the gun look s like a spaceship from starblazers !
im hoping to see some spaceship mods on it"
"it dwarfs Large Martins cannon, kinda funny actually... not for LM though"

Answering about the size of the painting "Last Father, Final Born":
"14" inches square. or close, its not in my studio, and I never measured it.."
"its not for sale"

Confirming that Berties have shipped out to retailers:
"we dont have any control over when people ship them, they shipped long ago from us."

More information about WWR MK 2.5 Bramble:
"best bramble yet, there will not be a WWRp one this year, if ever..."
"re colorways, have some on the go, we shall see.. 2 will be good=a dark and light, a martian and Earth force etc"

About future 3A show (together with Jeremy Geddes) and 2011 plans in general:
"it wil make some happy, and make some not, like all good things. it will be big.."
"well as there are some big things afoot, so such things as the gallery site are in stasis, after Beijing there will be some announcements etc, some new websites, lots of crying, people laughing, cheering and booing.2011 will be special year, on many levels..."

If anyone can help please clink Ashley's quote bellow:
"i need to find some hobby stores in beijing that sell Japanese robots models for boys, anyone have any ideas ?"

Ashley explains again about Abomb (canceled project) and that no way that there is any relation with Abomb and Badbot's head sculpt:
"abomb isnt badbot, actually very different, have said many times, but it falls on deaf ears, if thats possible online.."

"they are no the same sculpt, or size, the badbot head was sculpted in 2010."

"and this is a book thread.. not speculation corner" - asking people to stop speculating in Popbot 8 thread

Answering a question whether we will see Popbot 9 soon:
"i dont know Eric, cant rush this stuff."

As you probably saw we have a new section at 3A board, called "NEWTONS WAR", it must be dedicated to new 3A line and I don't know about you, but I literally trembling from the excitement and can't wait to hear some new updates!

Killer Tommy Mission and Korma (yellow Zomb from Darklands set) photos by our board member AliceAdrenochrome, more photos can be seen here.

June - 2010  Webgtd2122.thJune - 2010  Webtshirtparadea.thJune - 2010  Webdressmen.thJune - 2010  Webgtd2134.thJune - 2010  Webgtd2133.th

Ashley about Heavy Bramble variants:
"i have about 10 ideas for colorways and variations.. gotta edit that shit down"

Latest Ashley Wood's art book "Fuck it" is currently available, here is info from his blog:
FI, that has fuckit on the cover

June - 2010  Fuckitidw.th

IDW says no to lame outdated cultural restrictions that allow so called swear words in film and tv but shudders like a dying egg bird when faced with it on a cover of low selling, hardly seen or noticed comic and art mag.. So if you want FI with the cover as I envisioned it. go here...
IDW FUCK IT
yea it costs more , but I told cultural progressiveness costs....
or buy the standard version, get a fat black marker and write fuckit on it..

Plus some additional quotes about "Fuck it" from our board:
"from IDW
https://shop.idwpublishing.com/idw-store-exclusives/ashley-wood-s-f-i-1-idw-exclusive.html
costs 25 bucks, not my call, but rebellion has its price I guess..."

"so it seems base, not my dept.
get a marker and write fuck it on it."
"cant believe they censored the title...FUCK CUNT SHIT PISS JIZZ...."

Ashley about "Fuck it" availability at IDW and whether it has "Fuck it" name not censored on the cover:
"in stock im told"
"yes, not on mag, only web preview"
"its really nice, well worth 25 bucks actually, all the cool new 3A art, a new comic, some girlies.. a bargain"

joewcool and madbaki, please respond to Nikejerk PMs about t-shirts, he needs your reply.
And huge thanks to exo111, who is a big man behind legionnaires t-shirts, you rock!

Ashley about TKs painting and whether it will make it's way into an art book:
"not gonna be in an art book"

Latest entry from Ashley's art blog, featuring some of his art which will be shown in Beijing (come to the show to see more!):

June - 2010  Beijing6.thJune - 2010  Beijing5.thJune - 2010  Beijing4.thJune - 2010  Beijing3.thJune - 2010  Beijing2.thJune - 2010  Beijing1.th

WWRp Gebi and Blanc de Plumes (to remind you we don't know when Gebi will be available and Blanc was sold as a part of 3 x 3 WWRp Large Martin pack):

June - 2010  Daboys.thJune - 2010  Wwrpgebiblanc.th

Ashley posting in his art thread and speaking about art, Fuck It and amount of art, which will be on display at Beijing. Plus he is giving us a small teaser about his new story: "Newtons War":
"no fuck it at beijing"
"well I paint as honest as I can always, im no prissy ass painter."
"i posted the link, dont thank that limey vampire.. bloody troublemaker that he is
why does it cost 25 bucks, I dont know, i dont make up the prices."
"that was a joke... it will be" - about TK painting appearing in an art book
"thats just a taste..
my new War story "Newtons War" will be a realistic take on stellar warfare, if that makes sense.."
"150 odd pieces of art by us artists to see.. thats pretty damn epic..
pop culture treats are 3A's specialty"
"its a serious space we have rented, it aint one piffy little room, that doubles as a cafe when not showing art etc, this is monster space !"

Talking about "Fuck it" magazine and don't get too excited about SDCC:
"sold out huh !
anyone can corner me at any show, ill write fuckit on the cover of a normal one with sketch for nothin..
I bet I end up at SDCC, with pen in hand, I have some movie meetings in july stateside.."
"nothing to do with WWR my friends.
and no, the SDCC was a joke, i wont be there, and im not fickle your just too slow"
"nothing lame about anything I do."
"no les mort. its not a comic mag like D'airain, he will get his own book...someday"

A bit of info about retail exclusive Tommy Mission Blood Nails shipping:
"its always been june,that has never changed , cant give an actual day as we cannot control all factors when shipping."

Joking about communication at Beijing:
"just shout really loud, Beijing isnt that big a city.. right ?"

Posting in Popbot 8 thread about Badbot / abomb confusion:
"no, its a common mis-understanding no biggie"

Confirming that exclusives are very limited and will be hard to get:
"eric speaks wisely..." - you can click and read eseffinga's comment above

Giving more info about new 3A Line "Newtons war" and you can discuss it here:
"books will proceed any toys, thats a place holder in the toy section.
it will be a while too."
"no robots, no mechs, but FUCK OFF COOL ..
break out the champagne !
the name alone is classic, I hope you guys can make the connection with the name..
all will be revealed.."
"my new War story "Newtons War" will be a realistic take on stellar warfare, if that makes sense.."

Ashley about "Fuck it" and promises that second book is coming soon:
"sail you gotta open an ashley wood comic shop online.. ill supply the dirty word cover variants !"
"maybe the next will be hardcover, with all version sporting the word FUCKIT..
I find the multi covers, tail wagging the dog selling rules rather crap.
Its not just a word, or schoolboy joke, thats an affirmation, its saying no, I dont agree. And Im saying I dont agree."
"um no
FUCKIT will do.
I just dont understand why the cover title matters, when you can hear the word everyday, Tv, movies, work, school. People watch people killed in the middle east, on both sides with apathy, priests raping children and walking scott fucking free, with nary a thought, but a magazine called fuckit, NO WE WONT SELL THAT THE WAY YOU WANT IT, YOUR SELFISH, DO IT OUR WAY, plus your destroying our civilization.
To that I say FUCK YOU and your madness."
"the next one will be out soon... !
I love it, a #2 is always cool of anything !"

About one of the many awesome Tommy Mission photos:
"love the mini albums.."

I still can't believe that in slightly more than two weeks from now, 3A Gathering will open it's doors to amaze hundreds of people! Here is an info from Ashley, that not all of the 150 paintings on display will be for sale at 3A Gathering in Beijing:
"150 items to see, tiger, not for sale."
"a few..." - answering how many of the 150 paintings will be by Ashley
"me either.. but the doors have not opened, so Im not going to tempt the gods !"

Ashley asking for help with 3G enabled sim cards (feel free to click the link bellow and provide your help):
"I need a sim that is 3g data or equiv enabled for china so I can send email etc from my phone, whats the best option in china ?"

Another comment about "Fuck it"
"its not just that to me Lincoln, this is my life, I send everyday making this shit, I really fucking care
no matter, ill just do it my way from now on. might not be as easy to get, might not sell as many, but ill feel better, and hopefully be an example of saying fuck it"

Our board member Pitu, recorded several videos about threeA, where he talks about Ashley Wood, Popbot, WWR, 3A toys and all things about 3A, feel free to click here, get acquainted with what he wrote and find links to his videos. There are more than 30 minutes in video materials, but they are separated by the themes covered in them so you can watch only the ones you are interested in. It might be very interesting and useful not only for new members, but for existing members as well.

An important notice from 3A production blog:
Orders and ship dates
We here at 3A pride our-self’s on great final product, always wanting to make sure the shipping figure is always better than the prototype etc , the downside to this is frankly lots of rework, re-painting, and generally making sure they are the best we can make, this leads to slipping ship dates.

Which leads us to offer anyone who has placed an order that is over 3 months old, or the order has missed a written ship date the offer of a refund.

For said refund please email: refund@three-zero.com , please include order confirmation and paypal receipt number.

For general order info and concerns please email: questions@three-zero.com

As always we appreciate the support !

So please keep our board emo free and if you don't want to wait for something, 3A gave you an opportunity to get a refund and move on. Another honest move from 3A.

Ashley posting in his thread and saying that "Over there" painting is sold, plus mentions precise number of paintings, which will be on display at 3A Gathering in Beijing:
"mmm, i have already started the companion piece, "No, over there". i kid you not
but as a public announcement, it has sold, sorry to all that have emailed regarding etc, it was bought sight unseen , much earlier in its life.. I appreciate that belief in my work!"
"women.. nay lad, Ladies...
and they are sisters in these paintings.."
"re art show, 180 pieces of art in total on display, 55 by me im told"

Posting in Kojima Productions x 3A thread and commenting about Metal Gear Solid Omnibus book:
"yoji is great, really nice guy, I have yoji originals
... mmmm mmmm very lucky to have it too."
"wheenybus"

Ashley is currently working on his Squadt (Ferg & Threezero toy):
"Im working on a Squadt..."
"i dont do customs paul.."

Ashley about "Fuck It" and changes:
"who cares.. ? , either you like it or not.
foxdie, your way off, its practically not another nudes book.
im going to curtail looking at these kind of threads or discussing my art anymore, I stayed away for years from forums, I think its time to scuttle back into the shadows and just do what I do."
"Sail, I appreciate that, I have email, im just so strung out these days covering my bases, plus it seems like im defending or explaining my work too much, which isnt dont want to , it is what it is, there isnt any discussion needed.
You guys are great, im not going anywhere, but no more saying its this or that regarding my gear.
Ill discuss other stuff, your art, the worlds art."
"cheers sail, im not going anywhere"

Posting in his art thread:
"re dirty deeds set, thats not there sam.. sorry ..."
"i dont care man, why ? unless its a acid spitting flash
im cool, I dont think there is an issue, it will look shit, as the flash will reflect heavily off the painting"
- about using flash at 3A Gathering in Beijing to make photos of the art
"now thats actually amusing.. jester style" - commenting on the joke

Outstanding photo by our board member zzzzz, showing all de Plumes, Men from N.O.M, two Large Martins (Iron Panda and Mr.Frosty), MK1 Dirty Deeds Bertie, Squares, Euro and Deep Powder Bramble:

June - 2010  Nomelevenbyzzzzz1920.th

DIY Kitty Beijing header card:

June - 2010  94013839.thJune - 2010  34950542.th

Ashley about art and criticism:
"final note, the chatter doesnt get to me, Im 20 years in, tough as all get out, I want to make art, hopefully it will linger, if not, whatever I had fun doing it.
I just think its weird to talk about the stuff I do , If there wasnt people hating or distracting I wouldnt be doing my job, I have dealt with that for as long as I can remember from family to strangers.
Keep ya head up, drive till dawn."

3A Gathering at Beijing price list and dates of the exclusives and book signing:

June - 2010  Pricelist2.thJune - 2010  Signingsession.th

One of our board members is making 3A legion patches, if you are interested please click the link. List for patches closes on June 14th at 09:00 AM HK time.

Small announcement: If you are going to 3A Gathering in Beijing and you are an existing 3AA member, you can write an email to candy@three-zero.com before Monday (14th of June) , provide your order details and say that you want to get your 3AA package (Nom de Plume, t-shirt, card) at Beijing. If you don't want to, it will be shipped to you, don't worry about that.

Here is our favorite giant 1:1 Large Martin, who will be shown at 3A Gathering in Beijing:

June - 2010  Spyln.th

Please click the bellow to read 3A Toys news volume 2, featuring pictures of 3AA exclusive TQ Rembi bot head, 3AA package photos, Hatchery TK, 3A Second Anniversary Bambaboss photos and many more!

http://us1.campaign-archive.com/?u=df39a60ebc972356a8428c41e&id=04d838c7a6&e

And here is the most important information, from the newsletter:

What's shipping out this week? 3AA package (shipping out today/tomorrow), Dropcloth 4pack and not long to wait for retail exclusives. And last but not the least - retail exclusive Berties (EMGY, Ghost hunter and Sand Fuck) shipping out this week!

Upcoming sales at Bambaland
21st June 2ND BIRTHDAY BAMBABOSS - first come, first served, as these are pre-made and will ship shortly after the sale in July. 60$ with worldwide shipping and there are two packaging variants.
23rd June Adventure Kartel Adventure Kit
23rd June Beijing Badbot
July 2nd Ankou

All sales start at 9-00am Hong Kong time at http://www.bambalandstore.com

Some of the pics:

June - 2010  Tk1y.thJune - 2010  Bamba1.thJune - 2010  4new1.thJune - 2010  3aathis3.thJune - 2010  Tqhead4.th

Good news from Nikejerk about Legionnaires t-shirts and let's not forget to say big thanks to exo111, who is doing lots of work along with Nikejerk and Sir Dirty Girty:
"By motivating his people, Exo has FINISHED the first stage of printing. We hit some snags with the order but he took care of everything and his guys stayed up til 2AM printing the shirts and they should arrive to me mid week. I am all set up to start printing as soon as they get here and I hope to get the first orders shipped out to people Fri–Sat.
Please....if you are going to Beijing, let me know when you are leaving so I can plan to have things delivered to you accordingly.
We are on schedule but it is going to be close. I see some sleepless nights ahead of me.
Than you Exo...you are the man!"

New AK Ankou teaser pic, he is getting closer. To remind you, he is going to be on sale on 2nd of July, 9-00 AM Hong-Kong time. There will be singles (sold as blinds) and limited offer of 3packs.

June - 2010  Ankou.th

If you liked 3A toys news volume two, don't forget to subscribe to our newsletter here, as more coming soon!

And since 3AA package will soon starting to reach you, here is another reminder for our existing 3AA members, who are going to Beijing - please bring your 3AA card with you, don't leave it at home!

Ashley about Sold out toys section at Bambalandstore and why it's there.
"we are releasing nothing we have made, so no new KIBA, or euro bramble etc.
We thought as we are always asked why is your store empty we would leave them there etc. of course it caused more questions etc. so we moved to sold out toys etc.
its all a learning experience."
"well yea its incomplete, i do it, and i ran outta spare time. Smiley
I will do more, but then ill have to deal with, I put Noir de plume in the cart, its says sold out.. what does that mean, is it my browser ?
I shit you not !"

Posting in Beijing planning thread:
"im only taking carry on, waiting at the bloody suitcase terminal thing is most irritating !"
"I painted a bamba on mine. didnt realize how stupid it looked until it was sailing along in front of everybody, and I had to grab it...
then I ran off, crying."

Remember, how I said about taking your 3AA cards to Beijing? Well..there is a reason for that, you will get a discount with your card! And if somebody will say to me, that 3A isn't generous...well, I don't know what to say, to that person. 3AA package is going out with EMS (fast, reliable and expensive), so it has to reach everyone in time. And if you are going to Beijing and your 3AA package will not reach you by next Monday, PM me and I'll give you instructions.

The t-shirt in 3AA package photo, caused some trouble. Latest info from Ashley - it's not a real t-shirt, it's a mock up shot. So don't you worry, all is great and you will receive what was promised.

Beijing Gathering toy special newsletter going out soon! If you haven't you can sign up to 3A newsletter here.

First ever 1/12th scale figure from 3A, Nom de Plume (part of 3AA package)..he isn't exactly a small guy, isn't he?

June - 2010  Hey3aa.th

To remind you, next sale on Bambaland, is 3A two years anniversary sale, which is happen at 21st of June, 9-00 AM Hong-Kong time and Bambaboss figure will be on sale, 60$ with worldwide shipping included in the price.

And...3A Gathering in Beijing is less than 10 days away from now!

First three books from 3A publishing:
Chunky Bits, Entreat and book by Phil Hale - "Urge ourselves under" , all will be available June 23rd exclusively at Bambalandstore.com and later on at 3A Gathering in Beijing!

June - 2010  Chunky1.thJune - 2010  Urge.thJune - 2010  Entreat.th

Long awaited 3A newsletter is here! Please click the link bellow if you haven't received it:
http://us1.campaign-archive.com/?u=df39a60ebc972356a8428c41e&id=24631ba99e&e
in order to read full version and here is a short extract from me, with photos, if you are too lazy to read it)

Beijing Gathering toys
The Beijing Gathering event is primarily an art show, but as with our Hong Kong Venture show we thought it would be fun to release some special toys to celebrate.

This special edition newsletter shows a sampling of what we've cooked up and also keeps some toys a secret!

We will be offerng a very limited qty of Badbot and the Adventure Kartel Adventure set on the 23rd of June at Bambalandstore.com come 9-00am Hong Kong time. Due to limited nature of these toys, at both Beijing and in the Bambaland store, BE EARLY!

Also in this newsletter, images of the 1:1 square and sculptures from Dorophy Tang and Kenny Wong, both of whom along with Phil Hale, Rufus Dayglo, Jeremy Geddes and Ashley Wood will be exhibiting artwork at the Beijing Gathering.

3A will be premiering 3 new publications at Gathering, Phil Hale's "Urge Ourselves Under", Ashley Wood's "Chunky Bits" and the first 3A Catalogue, "Entreat". All publications will be exclusively offered online at Bambalandstore.com from the 23rd of June.

Toy photos, featuring Kuan ti Plume, Hatchery Guard Large Martin, Hatchery Tomorrow King (comes with severed bot head), Beijing Badbot (Manchester War), Adventure Saturday Adventure set (earlier known as AK 4 pack), WWRp Noir and DIY de Plume, DIY Kitties, Cupcake TQ (earlier known as Pink TQ), 1:1 Squares and sculptures from Dorophy Tang and Kenny Wong.

June - 2010  Akset2.thJune - 2010  Badbq.thJune - 2010  Baos.thJune - 2010  Fishyd.thJune - 2010  Hatcherytk.thJune - 2010  Hatcherylm.thJune - 2010  Kittyi.thJune - 2010  Kuan.thJune - 2010  Kuanbox.thJune - 2010  Minide.thJune - 2010  Pinktq.thJune - 2010  Tkh.thJune - 2010  Bigsqr1.th

Looks like WWRp DIY de Plume and Noir de Plume, will be among Gathering surprises!

It's only eight days, till 3A Gathering will open it's doors in Beijing, so some repositioning been made at the board. 3A Gathering got it's own discussion category, where all essential topics have been moved. Our mod gar, who will be in charge of the board, while we are gone, have some special plans as well to keep you busy and interested. So board will not be boring, and we all will be logging in from Beijing and sharing fun and pics with you guys. I'm planning on keeping my daily updates and telling you about stuff which I see, or what's happening behind the scenes (if I would be allowed to talk about it).

And don't forget about http://www.threeaonline.com, regularly new photos are added, which are made by you my 3A sisters and brothers, lots of crazy good photos in your threeA section and if you have a cool photo, you want to share with us, don't hesitate to visit 3A site and upload it there.

Very cool 3A legion t-shirts photos by Nikejerk.

June - 2010  Jared1.thJune - 2010  Jared4.thJune - 2010  Jared2r.thJune - 2010  Jared5y.thJune - 2010  Jared3.th

There are two groups on Flickr dedicated to 3A toys:
http://www.flickr.com/groups/3atoys/
http://www.flickr.com/groups/wwr/
Feel free to check them out and don't forget to upload your cool 3A toy photos to 3A site's gallery.

Ashley about Gathering in Beijing:
"not long now.. shit sooo much to do.. runs off"

On current events and that somebody will figure out how to share Venture photos, with the others:
"im sure someone will figure it out..."
"I never left
I can browse here unseen too Saily...
but im sooo busy making art, books, toys and putting on art shows half way around the world.
Fuck it 2 is shaping up well, hardcover, 64 pages.
back to work.."

Posting in Strontium dog thread:
"the Jing...
count on paul..
oh yea, Browny, your limp wristed hotmail account dont like my emails... spits em back"

ANKOU SALE DAY CHANGE
Due the Gathering show, we have decided to move the ANKOU sale day till the 12th of July 9-00am Hong Kong time . Please update your, um toy buying calendars !
At first it was scheduled to 2nd of July, but now it's shifted for ten extra days and countdown timer is updated at 3A blog.

Cover of the Milk Magazine China dedicated 3A Gathering in Beijing:

June - 2010  Milkchina.th

Since people been asking about this, I decided to put it here as well: last day of the 3A Gathering is 1st of July.

And don't forget about two upcoming sales at the Bambaland: 21st of June - 3A 2nd anniversary sale and 23rd of June - Chunky Bits, ENTREAT and Phil Hale's book will be available at the bambaland + of course very limited quantity of Adventure Kartel 4pack and Beijing Badbot will be there. PLEASE BE EARLY!
gimbat
gimbat
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gimbat Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:24 am

Our board member Melvegas was the first who posted photos of WWRp Nom de Plume (comes with 2010 3AA package), he has plans to display him unopened for now, so no articulation pics or info, whether it's numbered or not.

June - 2010  Nom2l.thJune - 2010  Nomx.thJune - 2010  Nom3.th

F5 Bar dedicated to 3A two years anniversary Bambaboss sale will be opened in one hour and 10 minutes from now, and sales starts at 21st of June, 9-00 AM Hong-Kong time at www.bambalandstore.com
What do we know about him? It's first come, first served, as these are pre-made and will ship shortly after the sale in July.
The Boss will put you back 60USD, (the price includes shipping worldwide) and there are two different packaging variants!

June - 2010  Bamba1.th

Fresh info from 3A blog:

Hatchery Dropcloth 4pack shipping shots from last week, not long to wait and see how they will start reaching lucky owners worldwide and retail Dropcloths will ship out soonish as well.

June - 2010  16378938.thJune - 2010  31255689.thJune - 2010  71792140.th

Final info about 3A second year anniversary Bambaboss:
Bambaboss 2ND on sale tomorrow at 9-00 am Hong Kong time

June - 2010  2ndbossr.th

ONLY AT BAMBALANDSTORE.COM, these are not a pre-order, but will be shipping out early July, they are limited to a strict run. So if your into this lil bugger, don't be late.

F5 Bar dedicated to 3A anniversary is open and waiting for first visitors, click here, if you are interested and while there, I think you can use the thread, to congratulate 3A on it's anniversary!

Guys, just a quick reminder about Bambaboss sale: it's limited to one per person and 3AA members, will not have any advantages for this sale (except for discount), so if you want one, please be at bambalandstore on time!

3A two years anniversary dedicated Bambaboss goes on sale at www.bambalandstore.com in 3 hours and 10 minutes from now.

More 3AA package pics from Melvegas and Jack Love Toys, 3AA t-shirt looks awesome and box is numbered like last year!

June - 2010  1006193aanomdeplume008.thJune - 2010  1006193aanomdeplume009.thJune - 2010  1006193aanomdeplume010.thJune - 2010  Dsc04083cv.thJune - 2010  10062017013e5940deabec1.thJune - 2010  100620170045c5a9a47bf95.thJune - 2010  Dsc04099j.th

And our photo thread dedicated to 3AA package is waiting for more photos!

3A two years anniversary dedicated Bambaboss goes on sale at www.bambalandstore.com in one hour from now. Get ready!

Thanks to our board member Wilbur, we have now photos of the Milk China magazine pages, dedicated to 3A Gathering in Beijing. Oh, and don't you worry, it's okay that I put them here.

June - 2010  Milk.thJune - 2010  Milk2v.thJune - 2010  Milk3d.thJune - 2010  Milk4.thJune - 2010  Milk5.thJune - 2010  Milk6.thJune - 2010  Milk7w.thJune - 2010  Milk8.th

3A two years anniversary dedicated Bambaboss goes on sale at http://www.bambalandstore.com in less than 30 minutes from now. Get ready! And please remember that 3AA members have no advantages for this sale and it's limited to one figure, per person.

Ashley about the anniversary and how busy he is:
"yay, we turn today, as the 21st June is officially our birthday !
Thanks for being here guys.
We, me are running around rather stressed trying to get everything in shape for Beijing and the next 6 months. So bare with us."

Now, breathe in and breathe out..you must be prepared to read this info..here goes nothing!
"here some info
As so many seem to want the, DIY, Noir, Gebi WWRp, we have decided to make them available in special packs over the coming months on Bamba instead of making them Beijing exclusive figs. We didnt anticipate the demand or interest.
hope that helps"

Bambaboss is up at www.bambalandstore.com , here is more info about him from the store and some rules about paying for the toy:
Bambaboss celebrates his second birthday by getting a large red tattoo on his face. He comes in at 10.5 inches tall, over 11 inches if you take his plume of smoke in account !
2 different box styles, which will you get, its true the fun never ends at Bamba's second birthday party !
Bambaboss ships out early July, how exciting !
Your order isnt complete until you have a paypal receipt. We can not accept payment at a later date.
Shipping is included in this price, happy birthday.

And looks like Bamba is sold out, here is latest info:
"Wow that was fast… Happy Birthday indeed !
We will cull unpaid orders soon, so if you missed out, please check back with bambalandstore.com"

Ashley about Bamba sale and don't lose hope if you want one:
"Thanks guys.. didnt think the bamba would be that popular... !
some recycles later on!
happy birthday indeed !"

WWRp Noir and DIY de Plume pictures and as we know these figs will be part of special sets, which soon will be at Bambaland. Follow the updates for more news.

June - 2010  Noircard.thJune - 2010  Diycard.th

WWRp retail exclusive Berties (Ghost hunter, EMGY and Desert Combat aka Sandcrab):

June - 2010  10915956.thJune - 2010  64874295.thJune - 2010  43580865.thJune - 2010  13387649.th

3A two years anniversary Bambaboss is sold out, thank you guys for enormous support and all the kind words you said about 3A. Congratulations to everyone who scored one and don't forget that next sale is on 23rd of June, 9-00 AM Hong-Kong time. There will be a LIMITED offer of Adventure Kartel 4 pack and Beijing Badbot, no 3AA advantages and strictly one per person. And on the same day, there will be a variety of books on sale at the store:
Chunky Bits - Ashley's art book
ENTREAT - first 3A catalog, with cool photos of 3A toys.
Urge Ourselves Under - art book by Phil Hale.

In less than two hours we will open up F5 Bar, for books release at Bambalandstore and limited release of Beijing exclusives: Beijing Badbot and Adventure Kartel 4pack. They will go on sale on June 23rd, 9-00 AM Hong-Kong time, due to their VERY limited nature, be early! And like I said, 3A will be premiering 3 new publications at Gathering, Phil Hale's "Urge Ourselves Under", Ashley Wood's "Chunky Bits" and the first 3A Catalogue, "Entreat". All publications will be exclusively offered online at Bambalandstore.com from the 23rd of June.

Photo thread dedicated to 3AA 2010 package, is loaded with WWRp Nom de Plume photos as they are invading Europe and Asia right now, click here to see them. And I want to especially show you these photos by CrisR, where WWRp Nom de Plume can be seen next to 12 Dirty Deeds Berties.

June - 2010  Crisr.thJune - 2010  Crisr2.thJune - 2010  Crisr1.th

Guys, plans change, no F5 Bar for 23rd of June sale, as the 4pack and Beijing Badbot ARE VERY LIMITED, so please no emo if you will miss them.

Very limited quantity of Beijing Badbot and Adventure Kartel 4 pack will be available on 23rd of June, 9-00 AM Hong-Kong time at www.bambalandstore.com and same time & date for art books and first 3A catalog:
Chunky Bits - Ashley's art book
ENTREAT - first 3A catalog, with cool photos of 3A toys.
Urge Ourselves Under - art book by Phil Hale.
Everything will be on the first come, first serve basis. There should be enough of books, but you know how madly our fans love 3A, so really can't promise you anything. Books will be offered with additional price for the shipping. 3AA members discount will be working and that's the only 3AA advantage for these sales.

Beijing Gathering wallpaper from 3A production blog:

June - 2010  Gatheringscreensaver.th

You can click here for direct link.

Just in less than two hours from now, Chunky Bits, ENTREAT and Urge ourselves under, will be available at www.bambalandstore.com and same time for VERY limited release of Beijing Badbot and Adventure Kartel pack. You can discuss books release here, but please keep it to books only.

Martin (tigerfeet) asked me to post this info, for everyone who is going to 3A Gathering in Beijing and want to meet up with our boardies:
OK for the night of the 24th i suggest we meet in the reception area of the yoyo hotel for 6:30-7:00pm we will then make our way out for the evening.
You can go through this thread, if you want to find out more.

To remind you, todays sale will start in less than 15 minutes from now at www.bambalandstore.com and 3AA members don't have any advantages apart from discount, it's first come and first serve basis. Haven't heard a confirmation from Ashley about 1 book per one person, but I'm pretty sure it's how it goes. As for LIMITED quantity of Beijing Badbot and Adventure Kartel 4pack, it's limited to one per person for sure.

Latest info:
"Well today see’s the first three book releases from 3A Books, and we are very excited here at 3A.

As mentioned earlier, our first books are:

Entreat, a visual catalog of the first 2 years of ThreeA. A monster 282 12″x12″ pages. 35 usd

Urge Ourselves Under by Phil Hale, 64 pages stunning art by one of today’s leading artists. Hardbound 12″x12″. 25 usd

Chunky Bits by Ashley Wood, 64 compilation for the Gathering art show. This books has the best color and detail reproduction so far of Ashley Wood’s..um chunky bits, hardbound 12″x12″. 25 usd

Fantastic art, beautiful printing and finishing, our heart on our sleeve.. 3A Books

Coming soon Jeremy Geddes, ATTACK a war comic, Adventure Kartel Adventure Annual of Adventure, Newton’s War and the much demanded Mascara Records 1988 catalogue… Oh yea, Mascara records is Tommy Missions favorite record label.

For the time being the only place to get 3A books is from Bambalandstore.com"

Books are up at the store, there are single books and 3pack, shipping for a single book is 15$ and just 30$ for the 3pack. 3pack itself costs just 80$.

First Ashley Wood Gallery newsletter, now you got to check this out!
http://us1.campaign-archive.com/?u=df39a60ebc972356a8428c41e&id=0e2d7ca391&e

Well guys, in less than 18 hours from now Beijing Gathering special party will start. Already seen the preparations for the show and I must say that 1:1 Large Martin is freaking LARGE. 1:1 Squares are amazing and Dorophy Tang and Kenny Wong 1:1 sculptures and art are incredible. Don't want even to start talking about Ashley's, Phil Hale, Jeremy Geddes and Rufus Dayglo art, as I will go on and on about it. There will be 180 (not everything will be for sale though) of art pieces at the show, so it's a total blast for an every fan. Sorry but I will not upload any revealing photos, as I don't want to spoil the feelings from the final photos of the show (as currently everything at the final preparations stage), also, I've seen people with cameras at the preparations sight (probably our boardies), who will upload some pics without a doubt. ENTREAT magazine is freaking heavy, it's more than 1kgs of weight and contains millions beautiful photos of 3A toys, all made by Ashley himself, and who can make the best photos of the toys, if not their creator?

Here is a latest pic from 3A production blog;

June - 2010  5130fe8b98c3t

Just to give you some idea and it took me about an hour to upload these pics bellow, Internet here owns. And I can't access my facebook or twitter, so I will be writing only here for now:

June - 2010  93db56f17fcftJune - 2010  Th_4June - 2010  Th_5June - 2010  Th_3June - 2010  Th_6June - 2010  Th_7

3A Gathering in Beijing address: BEIJING GATHERING presented by threeA and MILK
北京市朝阳区三里屯 VILLAGE 南区地下1楼10号
原创界
6pm ,下午六时正
Sanlitun Village South
SLG10 Original Design Circle
Chao Yang District, Beijing
And if you in Beijing and want to meet up with the boardies, here is a planning thread and communication thread, using both you can learn what our boardies are doing and exchange information with them.

Guys, we have already some photos in 3A boardies in Beijing photo thread and 3A Gathering photo thread is unlocked and waiting for photos. Please keep stuff organized and upload only photos of the Gathering, toys, boardies next to toys, artists, art and etc, into the 3A Gathering photo thread, all the rest should go to 3A boardies in Beijing photo thread.

If you are going to the Gathering, here is a link for you, for better understanding where show place is located, as Sanlitun Village can be a bit confusing.
http://www.sanlitunvillage.com/eng/stores_on_board/Pages/original_design_circle.aspx

Today was such an amazing day, 3A Gathering in Beijing opened it's doors, for a special invite only party. All the board members who mentioned that they are coming in a related thread, were in a special list and didn't have any problem getting in. Ashley was hanging out right there, chatting with everyone, signing books for people and whatnot. Today exclusives were - Hatchery TK and Hatchery LM, all really cool, and we saw a special appearance of DIY kitty and WWRp Gebi de Plume. There is Heavy Bramble prototype on display and his rocket launcher is FREAKING ENORMOUS!

June - 2010  Th_heavybramble

More photos coming within seconds, sorry for not the best quality, I have no photo talent, but want to share the experience with you. There were lots of professional photographer on the site, our board member Wilbur, was doing lots of work there as well, so I'm sure that dedicated threads are going to be filled with photos in no time. Art by Ash, Rufus, Phil, Jeremy, Dorophy, Kenny and 2000 AD art is pretty amazing, I don't even have words to describe all that and I'm not going to steal screaming from Pitu, hehe. Hope you guys will make it to the next show and share this wonderful experience with us. Everyone who was there today, thank you for support, it's really means a lot for 3A, that you come all the way for this!

Here are photos, everything in named (more or less), I think you figure out easily what is on them. To cut a long story short, apart from obvious ones, there are WWRp scale Armstrongs, WWRp Large Martins, WWR Dropcloths and of course all the WWR toys (Bramble, Large Martins, Armstrongs and 1:1 Squares and gigantic Large Martin). Large Martin is actually partly made from iron, it's such a pleasant and solid feeling when you touch him and feel his presence (sounds a bit gay right?).

June - 2010  Th_hatcherytk-1June - 2010  Th_lmJune - 2010  Th_displayJune - 2010  Th_display2June - 2010  Th_bigLMJune - 2010  Th_paintingJune - 2010  Th_squaresJune - 2010  Th_wwrpLMJune - 2010  Th_nomJune - 2010  Th_LMpostersJune - 2010  Th_squares1June - 2010  Th_dorophyJune - 2010  Th_philJune - 2010  Th_kennyJune - 2010  Th_jeremyJune - 2010  Th_jeremy2

Guys, I really hope that photos aren't visible for me, but are visible for you. If not, then please write a PM and I will think how can I solve this. China and it's firewall and images blocking..
A bit more pics:

June - 2010  Th_ashJune - 2010  Th_ash3June - 2010  Th_rufusJune - 2010  Th_rufus2June - 2010  Th_hatcherytk

Again big thanks to everyone who came here today and looking forward to see you guys tomorrow. It's going to be a wild day, with books signing by Phil and Ashley, plus more exclusives and etc. Don't miss it!

Oh and it was really a short review of the day, as lots of stuff was happening. Pitu running around the place, screaming and filming everything, I'm sure it's going to be uploaded to his blog, once he will be back to States. Opening performance and lights show was pretty amazing as well. Sorry again for being brief and whatnot, lots of things happening and I'm still overwhelmed and it's takes a bit of time to digest it.

Tonight exclusives were Adventure Kartel 4pack and Beijing Badbot (Manchester War Badbot). Ashley, Rufus, Jeremy and Phil were signing posters, books and sketching for hours. It was really such a cool experience for many boardies and pretty much everyone got what he wanted. And we just opened boxes of 2000 AD Tharg and retail exclusive Tommy Mission Blood Nails. Sorry for crappy photos, but I wanted to give you a feeling of being there and checking up toys for a first time. So they are straight out of the box and almost nobody saw them before! I got to say that Tharg is really AMAZING!

June - 2010  Th_1June - 2010  Th_2-1June - 2010  Th_3-1June - 2010  Th_thargJune - 2010  Th_tharg1June - 2010  Th_tharg3June - 2010  Th_TommyJune - 2010  Th_tharg4June - 2010  Th_tharg5June - 2010  Th_AK4packJune - 2010  Th_zombotJune - 2010  Th_littleshadowJune - 2010  Th_zombJune - 2010  Th_group

previous news for the date are above

Beijing Badbot photos:

June - 2010  Th_badbotJune - 2010  Th_badbot2June - 2010  Th_badbot3June - 2010  Th_badbotshot

Guys and check out this site, Ashley's wife keeps updating it and it's really lovely:
http://www.beijinggathering.blogspot.com/

And I almost forgot about that yesterday, but now it's a good time to say it again, my congratulations to Turbotuff (Lee) and his gorgeous lady April. He proposed to her on 25th , just like in the movies and she said YES! I assume that their kids will have lots of 3A toys to play with, hehe. Congrats and cheers guys!

Last days of the exclusives at 3A Gathering, Kuan ti Plume was on sale and Ashley with the other artists, signed up more books and boxes. Here is a photo of Kuan ti Plume and one more photo of Adventure Kartel 4pack and guys, keep an eye on 3A toys photo section for new exclusive photos, as they are regularly added by our boardies, for instance you can check Beijing Hatchery TK photos or Beijing Hatchery Security Large Martin photos, I'm sure there will be more, once our boardies settle down and start upload pics of their precious. Okay, long story short, here is my crappy photo of magnificent Kuan ti Plume:

June - 2010  Th_kuan1June - 2010  Th_AKguys

With all the Gathering excitement, don't forget about Ankou sale, which is going to be on sale, on 12th of July, 9-00 AM Hong-Kong time, at bambalandstore. Ankou is going to be really something, cool variants and stuff, you will see!

Not really much to tel you about guys, as you probably know Ashley left this morning. All the exclusives are sold, most of the art is sold, everything is on the display till 1st of July and there are books left. Feel free to visit gallery and say "Hi" to Kim, who will be there till the last day.

If you are in China and want to checkout Beijing blog, which Ashley's wife is updating and firewall blocks you, I made a screenshot for you, feel free to click the image:

June - 2010  54d4c8b9fdb2t

And if you not in China, just go directly to:
http://www.beijinggathering.blogspot.com/

Ashley saying thanks to support and commenting on 3A Gathering:
"Thanks guys, im fucked im tired and sick, but it was so cool to see you guys rocking along. you made the show. even in Beijing, the boardies were owning !"

Currently the most fun threads are located in the 3A Gathering section. Lots of boardies left Beijing and same with artists, as you know Ashley is already back home. Jeremy is leaving tomorrow, Rufus and Phil already left this morning. I'm not sure about Kenny though..but I think he is back in Hong-Kong by now.
All the boardies which left in Beijing are using the same section I mentioned above, to arrange meetings and go somewhere for beers. To be honest, I can't wait to come back home and return this news to a normal format, with lots of photos and different kinds of stuff.
Since everyone seems to be interested, here is a snippet of info for you. Most of the art and all 1:1 Squares are remaining at the Beijing till the end of the show, and then they are going back to Hong-Kong.

Btw, all exclusive WWRp Berties and WWR Dropcloths left Hong-Kong and are popping up here and there.

Ashley about art selling at 3A Gathering and about his online gallery newsletter, which is going to be a best place for his art news soon:
"i really liked all ash's art there..
actually I only sold two pieces in beijing, the other was purchased way before. over 50 pieces were kept.
I just could be arsed with the whole selling thing. over time, this year, ill offer all the art that was shown in beijing, just need to figure out a easy stress free system.
my gallery newsletter will be the best place for news.
and yea, the wyeth morning paining is one of my all time fav's I have done. A nice confidence boost that one.. it will be in fuck it #2,
off to shit my guts."

About ultimate Popbot Universe experience - 7bones set:
"it will be one pack, its not a main release or anything, just me dicking around and making what I dig and think is fun. It wont be cheap, but thats not the point."

Kuan ti Plume photos by freakyfir:

June - 2010  Th_freakyfir10June - 2010  Th_freakyfir9June - 2010  Th_freakyfir8June - 2010  Th_freakyfir7June - 2010  Th_freakyfirJune - 2010  Th_freakyfir2June - 2010  Th_freakyfir3June - 2010  Th_freakyfir5June - 2010  Th_freakyfir6

WWR Dropcloth 4pack photo by our board member wark:

June - 2010  Th_wark

Tomorrow is going to be the last day of 3A Gathering in Beijing, but at the same time, the next 3A release super AWESOME Ankou is only 11 days and 12 hours away!

30.06 - 01.07

Last day of the 3A Gathering and it's raining cats and dogs outside, first time it's raining here in a more than a week. It's sad that everything good comes to an end so fast, but let's look on a bright side of things, there will be new Gatherings and next days, will be finally full with photos and whatnot from 3A Gathering. I know that Pitu, Wilbur and memecomplex are working on their materials, plus many others, so BE PREPARED. It was such a happiness for me, to see happy faces of our boardies, when they were dragging enormous bags filled with 3A goodness, in the end, it's all about making others happy, isn't it? For many of memories about wild days in Beijing will be treasured forever, as it was a blast. For me, it was like best summer camp journey, which I never had in childhood.

I will write an introduction to a new month soon, but for now let's make June last a bit more longer. It was so nice to meet our boardies and to shake their hand. For everyone who is up in the air or going to the airport today/tomorrow, I wish safe flight and no problems with the customs. For all the others, who didn't manage to visit Beijing, I wish not to be sad and think about the future, as it's certainly not the last and not the biggest 3A show. Love you all guys and thank you for supporting 3A!

30.06-01.07
previous news and info for this date are above

Last photos of the Gathering, you can see 1:1 Large Martin's front armor shield laying on the floor:

June - 2010  Th_CIMG4170June - 2010  Th_CIMG4179June - 2010  Th_CIMG4181

02.07-03.07

I'm finally back home from Beijing and will reorganize everything soon. Here are the latest quotes from Ash, for the last couple of days, plus his entry from the blog, I couldn't post because of the damn Chinese firewall.

The blog:
THANKS!
Just got back after a cursed flight back home, Flu, food poisoning general shit ! But all worth it after an awesome time in Beiing. I cant say how flattered I was to have so many turn out for our show, a great time !!!
Im off to bed...

About 1:1 Squares:
"i like the medic best.. but I like nurses too..."

About Jung de Plume and WWRp Large Martin shipping dates:
"jung is soon
dunno about Large though// im sure not too far off. I know that we are sending out Blanc de plume WWRp this coming week to 3x3 set purchasers etc."

3A 2 years anniversary Bambaboss is shipping next week and next week for the books, which was sold on Bamba (ENTREAT, Chunky Bits and Urge ourselves under):
"bamba next week.
books ship next week too I assume, its not ems, so some might have a a couple of weeks wait etc.
everything next week, as the crew is still in china.
book did great in china and online/ hope we can continue !"

Posting in July sketch thread, about Brizl's avatar:
"the avatar counts !"

More info about Five brothers from Popbot and that there will be a 2pack of them:
"5 brothers are 5 brothers, you have only seen two so far.
the other 3 are missing in action."
"there will be a two pack of em. the other 3 are not so pally with them."

More information about Tank Girl release (somewhere around Christmas):
"nothing seen is final or close, unless its on the 3A and is stated as the figs final design, I wouldnt get too happy or sad over anything..
christmas for the release if your counting"

2000 AD Tharg shipped out and some of our boardies already got him, here are the photos from melvegas and skinnybirdy and more photos in Tharg's photo thread:

June - 2010  Melvegastharg4.thJune - 2010  Melvegastharg3.thJune - 2010  Skinnybirdytharg.thJune - 2010  Melvegasttharg2.thJune - 2010  Melvegastharg.th

And you got to check out Pitu's Beijing coverage, not a lot of videos currently, but Pitu keeps updating them and uploading MOAR.
gimbat
gimbat
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down